Pokemon Island League

Started by DigitLninja, October 27, 2009, 07:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

Near the Sinnoh Region out on the open waters sits six Islands Known as the Dugtrio Islands. Recently the Islands have successfully created a Pokemon League Contest, five gym's holding badges on five element based islands, With the sixth island holding the Island League Championships. Since Each Island has a different element representing it each Gym Leader uses Pokemon based on that element. The only question that remains is, who will be strong enough to rise to the challenge?

~The Islands~
Ifrit Isle - Fire based
Leviathan Isle - Water based
The Brothers Isle - Ground/Grass based
Pandemona Isle - Flying/Wind based
Diablos Isle - Dark based
Eden Isle - Home of the League Championship

~Pokemon Trainers~

~Gym Leaders~
Ifrit Gym:
Leviathan Gym: Lynn Nova -played by Temptress Ana-
The Brothers Gym: (This can be a team battle gym so there can be two gym leaders here)
Pandemona Gym: Harris Woods -played by Umbreon-
Diablos Gym: Reylan -played by Senry-

~Character Sheets~
(For Starting Trainer)
Name:
Appearance:
Biography:
Personality:
Island: (The island you start on determines your starting Pokemon, Ifrit Isle has all the fire type starters Leviathan has all the water starters ect.)

(for Pokemon Trainers)
Name:
Appearance:
Biography:
Personality:
Pokemon in Current Party & Nicknames:
(Due to the fact this is based more on the show than the game you can have more than 4 moves set to a Pokemon.)

(The Five Gym Leaders)
Name:
Appearance:
Biography:
Personality:
Island:
(Due to the fact this is based more on the show than the game you can have more than 4 moves set to a Pokemon.)

~Recommended Website~
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

DigitLninja

~Pokemon Trainer~

Name: Jay

Appearance: Short spiked blond hair, an earring hangs from his right ear with a small blue sphere on it. Wears a black T-shirt with the original Pokemon leage symbol in it, as seen on Ash Ketchum's original hat. As well as brown cargo pants and a red backpack. Jay's Pokeballs are engraved with a large "J" on them.

Biography: Born in the Hoenn Region and well traveled, he has collected a set of strong Pokemon for battle and has decided to start his Pokemon League run on the Islands before trying the large Region Gym's.

Personality: A fun loveing care free kind of guy who really cares for his Pokemon's well being. His parents were breeders so he knows what a Pokemon needs to stay healthy and happy.

First Pokemon - Blaziken named Flare
Empoleon named Tsunami
Absol named Shuriken
Mew named Lala
Mewtwo named Psycho
Umbreon named Shadow Keeper or S.K. for short
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Senri

Leader:
name: Reylan
appearance: black trenchcoat, dark brown hair, long, in a ponytail, goatee, athletic build, black glasses, tight gray t'shirt, and blue jeans.
bio: had a sheltered childhood with no parental guidance, his only friend as a child was a houndour, in which he protectedfrom getting the stuff beaten out of it.
personality: very humorous, loves cracking jokes, and seems playful, yet he is also very intimidating, has a slightly dark aura around him. a hard person to understand.
Island: diablos
pokemon: Honchcrow
Sharpedo
weavile
houdoom
mightyena
Aggron

hows this?
person who runs in front of car, gets tired.
person who runs behind the car, gets exhausted.
On's and Off's

DigitLninja

looks great, the Dark leader. Let's hope we can find some more people to play. ^_^
Quotes to Live by:

Senri

aye sir! "salutes and pokes her other eye" o.<
person who runs in front of car, gets tired.
person who runs behind the car, gets exhausted.
On's and Off's

cmpuncle

Name: Bob
Appearance: A very burly, musclebound individual, with long brown hair

styled into a mullet, and purple eyes.  He wears army pants and boots, but

no shirt, ever.  He also wears a pir of leather gloves with a fire symbol

on them.  He carries around a large sword, which he has named The Flare

Sword but uses it purely for ceremonial purposes and for showing off

during battles.
Biography: Bob grew up on the Dugtrio Islands, but was originally born in the Kanto Region in Vermillion City.  As soon as he could walk and talk he had always loved playing with the local pokemon, as soon as he was old enough for his first Pokemon he decided that he would make it his goal to one day become a Gym Leader, and consequently he decided to aim for the fire gym on Ifrit Isle, making his choice of starter pokemon Charmander.  He made his way to Ifrit Isle and secured an apprenticeship with the current Gym Leader.  From then on he went out training, both with the Gym Leader and on his own, every day.  He found himself an Growlithe within the first couple of months, and a few months later he found an Eevee and, with it's permission, evolved it into a Flareon.  He continued to train as hard as he could, and his Pokemon put their all into the training due to the enormous charismatic aura he gave off.  When he was finally almost ready to take over as the Gym Leader, the Gym leader gave him his final challenge, he gave him a Chimchar, and told him that in order to take over as the Gym Leader he had to go out to the Sinnoh and Hoenn region and befriend a powerful Fire-type Pokemon, and earn it's trust.  So Bob headed off for his final challenge.  He was gone for nearly a year, and then one day he came back throwing open the doors of the gym and tossing out two Pokeballs which opened to reveal a Heatran, and a Ho-oh.  From that day on he took over as Gym Leader.
Personality:  Very carefree, and confident.  He tends to taunt his

opponents in order to bring out their true strength.  But outside the

arena he is surprisingly gentle despite his burly apperance.
Island: Ifrit
Arcanine
Ho-oh
Heatran
Flareon
Charizard-nicknamed Sarge
Infernape
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Ana Luusi

Leader
Name: Lynn Nova
Appearance: Slender, average height, wavy blond and brown hair hanging unrestricted.
Wears thin, transparent robes over a white gi. She has a blue necklace, bangles, anklets and earrings
and does not wear shoes.

Brief Bio: Lynn was born and raised in Pacifidlog town and was quickly noticed by the village elders to have an affinity for water pokemon. At first she only wanted to raise them, and not battle them, but the water pokemon seemed empowered to fight by her leadership. After making a hobby of fighting trainers who stopped in Pacifidlog for a rest on their long voyages, she grew thirsty for more and took off with her Squirtle, Shellder and Sealeo. She arrived on Leviathan Island, after stumbling around Sinnoh for a bit. There she studied in the tutelage of the Gym Leader until she died and passed ownership on to her. On her first day of Gym Leadership, a package arrived with a pokeball in it, addressed to her. Inside the Pokeball was a Kyogre, whom she named Downpour.

Personality: Very calm, but her presence invokes a sense of terror.

Island: Leviathan
Pokemon in Current Party:
Blastoise
Cloyster
Walrein
Empoleon
Lapras
Kyogre named Downpour.

I hope this is okay.

DigitLninja

It looks very good Ana, I am looking forward to this RP getting started soon ^_^
Quotes to Live by:

Abanu

Hey I'm still a probie but if you don't mind me joining in, I'd love to take part!

Name: Banko "Ban" Janson
Appearance: Ban is 6'5'' and very dark skinned, his hair is in dreads. He wears a dark green tank top and has dark green shorts with large pockets on both legs.
Biography: Ban grew up on Leviathan Isle and spent much of his youth surfing, his passion for which is on par with his passion for pokemon. His mother died when he was very young and his father helped him raise his first pokemon Tyrogue. Together Ban and Tyrogue learned to surf and kept in shape by swimming and studying Capoeira from his father. He's most defining moment was when he and Tyrogue were finally able to win an a 1v1 match against his father, leading to Tyrogue's evolution into Hitmonlee. After that he and Hitmonlee took a surfing trip to the other islands to find new pokemon and to earn badges with the hope of taking on the Pokemon league some day.
Personality: Very laid back and houmorus, always out for a good time on the beach and never takes himself too seriously
1. Hitmonlee
2. Aerodactyl
3. Gyarados
4. Raichu
5. Exeggutor
6. Rapidash

DigitLninja

welcome to the group Abanu, I think I may be starting this soon if we manage to get another gym leader.
Quotes to Live by:

Shade

Looks like fun. mind if i join?

Name: Zane
Appearance: 5'7" broad shoulders. short, dark blonde hair, almost looks brown. Wears dark jeans, white shoes, and a black hoodie with a red t-shirt underneath.
Biography: Zane was born in a small town in the Kanto region. On his 10th birthday, he traveled to Pallet and received his first Pokemon, a Charmander. Since that day, Zane has traveled through many regions, searching for strong opponents. Gym Leaders, other trainers, anyone willing to battle. While favoring Fire and Dragon type Pokemon, Zane is willing to catch and train any kind of Pokemon, but naturally has a group he travels with most often.
Personality: Is often quiet, and not very talkative. He seems to scare some people due to his quiet, serious nature. Still, Zane is very kind and willing to help people in trouble, and never backs down from what he believes is right. Any friend he makes is a friend for life, and he remains fiercely loyal to them. Is rarely ever intimidated by anyone.
Pokemon in current party and nicknames:
1. Charizard
2. Salamence
3. Lucario
4. Rhyperior
5. Jolteon
6. Gyarados

DigitLninja

Alright another trainer for the battle Welcome Shade and here's to a speedy approval.
Quotes to Live by:

Tsais

Starting Trainer)
Name: Airion aka Airi
Appearance: 5'1", hip length auburn hair, grey-blue eyes, pale skin, slender shoulders, almost fragile in appearance. She wears jean shorts and a black, undecorated t-shirt
Biography: Born and raised on the island of Leviathan, her parents both worked long hours and she spent most of her time with various baby-sitters. She became adept at slipping out to play with the friendlier wild pokemon. She is an excellent swimmer, but no amount of time spent in the sun gives her much of a tan. After completing the schooling her parents demanded, she's ready to start training pokemon as she has always wanted to do.
Personality: Shy and quiet around people, but once she begins to trust and find common interests with others, she opens up. She's very analytical and sometimes doesn't realize that people don't always want to hear every fact that she has memorized about a particular subject.
Island: Leviathan
[Ons&Offs]
As she laughed I was aware of becoming involved in her laughter and being part of it, until her teeth were only accidental stars with a talent for squad-drill. I was drawn in by short gasps, inhaled at each momentary recovery, lost finally in the dark caverns of her throat, bruised by the ripple of unseen muscles. An elderly waiter with trembling hands was hurriedly spreading a pink and white checked cloth over a rusty green iron table, saying: "If the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden, if the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden..." I decided that if the shaking of her breasts could be stopped, some of the fragments of the afternoon might be collected, and I concentrated my attention with careful subtlety to this end.
[Entertain Me]

DigitLninja

alright another trainer... still need at least one more gym leader before we can start ^^
Quotes to Live by:

Tsais

I wasn't sure, but should I pick out a starting pokemon or will you or chance determine which pokemon I start out with?
[Ons&Offs]
As she laughed I was aware of becoming involved in her laughter and being part of it, until her teeth were only accidental stars with a talent for squad-drill. I was drawn in by short gasps, inhaled at each momentary recovery, lost finally in the dark caverns of her throat, bruised by the ripple of unseen muscles. An elderly waiter with trembling hands was hurriedly spreading a pink and white checked cloth over a rusty green iron table, saying: "If the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden, if the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden..." I decided that if the shaking of her breasts could be stopped, some of the fragments of the afternoon might be collected, and I concentrated my attention with careful subtlety to this end.
[Entertain Me]

DigitLninja

I think you should chose your own starter.
Quotes to Live by:

Tsais

Any restrictions on what season of pokemon? (By this I mean, can I have a squirtle, or should I go for a more recent pokemon?)
[Ons&Offs]
[Entertain Me]

DigitLninja

No restrictions on season, you may chose whatever Pokemon you like as a starter, even a non starter Pokemon if you wish.
Quotes to Live by:

Tsais

Okay. I'll pick one out, then.
[Ons&Offs]
[Entertain Me]

xchainlinkx

Sounds like fun. Had a cool idea for a poke'mon trainer hehe...

~Pokemon Trainer~

Name: Morakai Steyrgraph
Appearance:
- Hair: Dark Red
- Eyes: Brown
- Height: 6' 2"
- Weight: 182 lbs
- Light Beard
- Average build

Biography: Morakai registered into military service after completing several poke'mon leagues when he was young. His tactical ways of using his poke'mon quickly earned him an officer title, making him one of the youngest officers in the military. He lived with a nice family, with only a younger sister as his sibling. Morakai also looked into poke'mon breeding and studied their habits well, giving him plenty of knowledge of how to deal with poke'mon firsthand. His first poke'mon started with a Treecko, and now is a Grovyle. With Grovyle's agility and smaller stature he refuses to evolve further. For each fight he draws all his poke'mon out on the sidelines to watch each fight carefully. Occasionally he lets his poke'mon control themselves while fighting. Though his ways of training and competing are put into question, his poke'mon developed a great level of skill, obedience, and respect.

Personality: Generally calm during intense fights. Rest of the time he's a deep thinker.

Grovyle
Charizard
Gyrados
Scyther
Tyranitar
Gallade
Love isn't meant for a "special someone." It's meant for EVERYONE!
=3

DigitLninja

welcome to the party ^^

now all we need are some gym leaders.
Quotes to Live by:

Umbreon

I was gonna apply for a Pokemon trainer but since you need some gym leaders I will apply

(The Five Gym Leaders)
Name: Harris Woods
Appearance: Harris had short black hair with brown eyes, pale skin and mostly wears a black shirt and jeans. He oftens like to wear black but sometimes goes with white.

Biography: Harris was born in Sinnoh with his twin sister Destiny Woods who is travelling across the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orange Islands and Sinnoh regions to be the best. Harris knew since he was five and rescued an injured Pidgey that he now owns as a Pidgeot and wanted to be a flying type trainer, so he worked hard with them and went on a journey until he was offered to be a Gym leader and accepted.

Personality: Harris is a light and bubbly person who is fun to be around with. He has quite a sexual (I hope it's okay to just say that) energy and real flirty, although he does have a girlfriend and doesn't flirt while taken. When he is in battle Harris is serious about the job so shouldn't be taken lightly.

Island:
Pidgeot
Swellow
Articuno (I am guessing gym leaders can have legendaries?)
Staraptor
Altaria
Tropius

DigitLninja

sweet another gym leader.... but with the amount of trainers I'm afraid we need more ^_^;

Umbreon You look great, I would put your Island as Pandemona Isle since flying is your forte.
Quotes to Live by:

Umbreon

Whoops LOl I totally forgot to add that