Sigil Prep

Started by kongming, April 17, 2007, 02:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creeper

I've got a halfling totemist on the way for everyone's tanking needs.

Yes, a halfling can tank. Shut up.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Jefepato

Of course a halfling can tank.  They wouldn't do so well with the more traditional tanking classes, but they don't lose CON or anything, so a halfling totemist could kick some ass.

Creeper

How are we handling starting HP? Do we just use half hit die for each level?

The spread I'll be using is 18, 16, 16, 12, 12, and 8. Is that alright?

I'll also be using the Halfling Totemist substitution levels on pg 46.

Creeper

Urg. Anyone know any good magic items for Totemists? A lot of what I want is either too expensive or will vanish when I start binding my chakras.

Jefepato

But remember that you only get at most 5 chakra binds per day.  Which means only four slots on your body will ever be taken up (because I seriously doubt you'll ever be without a totem bind).

Other than going through the list and figuring out which soulmelds you don't much care for, I would recommend just sticking items in the slots you won't be able to bind for a long time.  Anything you're wearing now will be replaced well before you can bind, say, your heart chakra, so why not a belt of resistance?

Creeper

Fair enough, though my resistances are already pretty good (except will).

What are you thinking of playing, Jef?

Rayve13

I'd be interested as well, if there's room. It's been awhile since I've done D&D stuff, but I love Planescape and some of the other settings as well. Now, if I can only sift through the ideas and get something figured out...any suggestions/party needs? I've got several books thanks to the Internet, so I'm pretty adaptable.

Jefepato

Quote from: Creeper on April 18, 2007, 05:08:43 PM
Fair enough, though my resistances are already pretty good (except will).

What are you thinking of playing, Jef?

The ninth rule of Fight Club is you do not fail saving throws in Fight Club.

I'm intending to play a doppelganger who will eventually become a cleric/chameleon, but I need to confer with our esteemed GM about handling the racial progression before figuring out exactly how this is gonna go.

kongming

Sure thing, Rayve. As for suggestions: something you'd enjoy. Seriously.

As for Incarnum-users with magic items, I'd probably suggest slotless things, but that unfortunately tends to basically mean "scrolls, potions and wands". Oh, and magic weapons. Other than that, just choose items for the slots you won't likely be binding chakras to.

Hit Points are max for the first hit die, then 3/4 (round up) for the rest. So...
d4 = 3
d6 = 5
d8 = 6
d10 = 8
d12 = 9
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

kongming

Remember, the sooner I have all character sheets (or at least decently written up concepts and descriptions), the sooner we can begin the fun and games!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Sorry I'm not moving faster -- I've got a lot of work due this week.  I might be able to finish my sheet tonight, but if not tonight, sometime tomorrow after I get my paper turned in.

Rayve13

I need to go through my books and figure out what I want to do. I'm trying, I really am!

kongming

Just so all players know, once I have about 4 character sheets I'm going to start the game. The rest will be able to catch up, I'm not going to leave them far behind, but you may still want to keep that in mind.

I currently have two completed characters in.

Ons/Offs:

MadPanda

Ooo, ooo, still room?

(grins hopefully)

Cranky panda needs distraction...

(scratches head)

And an idea.  Hmmm.  What HAVEN'T I done to death?  Maybe I should play a human this time... ;D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Quote from: MadPanda on April 20, 2007, 11:22:46 AMAnd an idea.  Hmmm.  What HAVEN'T I done to death?  Maybe I should play a human this time... ;D

Unthinkable!

MadPanda

Well, I've already worked my poor little half-orc thief ragged, and the drow is one I've done almost unto expiration, and I don't have the books to do a ratling ninja-girl...pardon me, a nezumi kunoichi.  ;)

Human sorceress, probably.  If I can remember where I buried my 3.0 books...or at least the DMG, so I can use the NPC templates  ;D  Makes it easier.

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

I could give you all the information you'd need on nezumi and ninja if you really had your heart set on that.

MadPanda

Oooooo...tempted.  Very tempted.   ;D  A Weaselly ninja would be better, but there might not be stats for those.

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Hengeyokai come in a weasel flavor, in the very same book.  However, hengeyokai take a hit to Wisdom, which is important for ninja.  Your call.

(Of course, since we're freeforming stats, a -2 isn't really so terrible...)

MadPanda

Heart's not set on Ninja.  But Weasel-girl would be fun.  How 'bout Rogue equivalents?

UPDATE:  Ooo, ooo, I know!  Weasel-girl Sorceress with pet (white) rabbit.  ;D  Whiplash, anyone?

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Rogue, scout, and spellthief are the other main rogue-equivalents.  All are decent enough.

Per the 3.5 update, weasel hengeyokai have the following traits:
-2 Wisdom.
Two alternate forms: a perfectly normal weasel (it's in the Monster Manual), and a hybrid form which gains +2 Constitution and +4 to Move Silently.  The animal and hybrid forms both get low-light vision.
Hengeyokai are humanoids with the shapechanger subtype.  Their favored class is wu jen.  Thanks to the 3.5 update, they have no level adjustment.

MadPanda

Hmmm.  Spellthief?   :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Indeed.  If you have no access to Complete Adventurer, I can PM you the details (it's a bit long to clog this thread up with) after I get back from class this afternoon.

MadPanda

No access at all.  ;D
Please PM me the details and I'll get to work when I get the info.

Although, if I make her a Sorceress, then she could be a Magical Girl...  :D :D :D

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

One thing I forgot: a hengeyokai's automatic languages are Common and Hengeyokai.  Bonus languages listed are Giant, Goblin, Nezumi, and Spirit Tongue.  (Since the latter two are unlikely to be relevant in Sigil, one might ask our esteemed DM if anything else is fitting.)

I'm working on typing up ye olde spellthief now.