[SotDL (or D&D5E?)] Looking for players interested in a dark fantasy world?

Started by Kathadon, April 21, 2021, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdragon

So here's my first shot at writing up a character. I think I managed to get everything right, though let me know if anything's missing.

Victoria Screwt "Vicky the Mule"
Human, Age 21

[ ABILITY SCORES ]
Strength 11 (10+1)  Agility 9 (10-1)  Intellect 10   Will 11 (10+1) Perception 10
Defense 9 Health 11 Speed 10
Healing Rate 2

Size 1 Power 0 Damage 0 Insanity 0 Corruption 0

[ PROFESSIONS ] Human Choice: 3rd Profession.
Background: Lost 2 fingers (left pinky and ring) and has a long scar across the back from previous close calls.
Merchant (Arms)
Grave Robber
Fence

Starting Lifestyle: Getting By

Languages Common

[ EQUIPMENT ]
A dagger, a sling with 20 stones, basic clothing, a backpack, a week of rations, a waterskin, a tinderbox, 2 torches, and a pouch containing 6 cp.

[INTERESTING THING]
A reputation for being a badass - Due to her tendency to flee and abandon her would-be companions once the majority of a party has fallen, Victoria has often times been the sole survivor of ill fated quests. This cowardice has wrongly been misconstrued as some sort of miraculous toughness and death defying guile, leading to rumors of her being nigh unkillable. Victoria doesn't mind this reputation, as it tends to keep gangs and robbers from messing with her, and makes it easier to convince groups to let her tag along.

[Personality Traits]
Personality: You look after yourself first and foremost. You’re not above double-crossing friends.
Religon: You have no religion.
Traits: Stingy, Humble, Deceitful, Self-Centered, Imaginative, Determined

[ CHARACTER ]
Height 5'4" / 120 lb. ; Age 21years
Eyes Brown ; Skin Pale ; Hair Brown

[ BACKSTORY ]
A young woman born from the slums and a self-made merchant who deals in all manner of weapons, armor, and other adventuring gear. With little in the way of capital she gets all of her stock from following adventurers into dungeons, caverns, enemy camps, etc., and then looting their corpses when they inevitably perish to the dangers within. This gear is then sold to new upstart adventurers and the process begins anew, with some of her items having been sold and reclaimed upwards of 10 times already. In addition to her normal selection of goods she also offers some less than legal services, such as fencing stolen goods or finding ways to track down more coveted items adventurers manage to get their hands on.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Kathadon

Natural 20 on the Interesting Things chart or did you pick that reputation? Either way, a great character.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

pdragon

Natural 20 actually. I picked out most of the stuff for background and personality and stuff, but I did end up random rolling for a few things like wealth and the interesting item.

And thanks, I'm glad you like her.

Request Thread

wander

Halfway there (for PCs), living on a prayer (for more PCs)!  ;D

So, for more background on the start of the Tales campaign;

The Level 0 adventure starts the party in the city of Crossings in the Northern Reach. The Crusader States are just to the north, protecting the people of the reach from the Desolation beyond. To the south then are the Barrows, a no-mans-land of grave-mounds and stories of the restless dead. To the west is a large lake, across which on the other side is a forest called the Old Wood, a place once heavily forested that led to conflict with the ent-like 'leshy' who lived there until a druid came to maintain peace and now guards the wooded lands.

Plot; A Father Gregory of the New God (think classic Judeo-Christian religion circa middle ages) from the poor district of Grievings has gone missing. Father Gregory is a true kind soul who stood up for the poor locals and is the latest in a line of people who have gone missing in the week prior to the adventure's start. The constabulary of the Brown Cloaks did a half-hearted look into the people missing and nothing came of it, so Gregory decided to look into matters... Now he's gone missing. It's time for those good ol' locals with the courage to step up and find out what happened to the kind Father Gregory and perhaps solve what led to the locals going missing too.

queenkam234

Here's a character?

Angie
Clockwork, Age 7

[ ABILITY SCORES ]
StrengthAgilityIntellect 11 (9+2)  Will 9 Perception 9
Defense 13 Health 10 Speed 8
Healing Rate 2

Size 1 Power 0 Damage 0 Insanity 0 Corruption 0

[ PROFESSIONS ]
Background: Your maker set you free to find your destiny.
Valet
Entertainer (Dancer)

Starting Lifestyle: Getting By

Languages Common

[ EQUIPMENT ]
A dagger, a sling with 20 stones, basic clothing, a backpack, a week of rations, a waterskin, a tinderbox, 2 torches, and a pouch containing 3 cp.

[INTERESTING THING]
A pair of dancing shoes.

[Personality Traits]
Personality: You don’t know how you fit into this world, but you will spend your life trying to find out.
Religon: You have no religion.
Traits: Orderly, Aloof
[ CHARACTER ]
Height 6" / 300 lb. ; Age 20years

[ BACKSTORY ]
Created by an elderly inventor who simply wanted to see things of beauty, Angie spent much of her early life serving as a glorified toy, entertaining her inventor's guests through dance and conversation. As her inventor's health continued to fail, however, she sent Angie out into the world to find herself.[/quote]

Kathadon

Angie's Defense is 13. She is an interesting concept. A life size music box ballerina exploring the world for the first time? :D
My ON'S and OFF'S:

My BDSM test results.

wander

You're going to need to age up your character (min 16) to keep safe of the site rules (I realise your clockwork may physically look older, though they mentally need to be min 16 too). I get the age tables can give results like that, so you can age up or reroll, no issue.

Wouldn't mind also seeing what the results people rolled/picked using the background charts were also, the clockwork especially has fluffy descriptive results that help paint of picture of what they look like and were originally made for.

queenkam234

Ah, sorry! Made Angie 20, then.

I decided to choose the one about the clockwork being designed to gather intelligence, as that comes part and parcel with the entertaining of guests - you learn some secrets along the way, after all.

pdragon

Mine was the "you lost a finger, ear, etc." bit. I figured it made sense with how dangerous her business strategy is she's had some close calls.

Request Thread

wander

*thumbs up*  :-)

Ideally I'd like at least one more player before I put together the IC and OOC threads, I'm wondering Kathadon if you want to do a recruitment page in the Seeking Players board to see who else we can snag in the party? (You have a good eye for prettying up the OP and people may respond better ^^;)

Goes without saying though everyone who's put a sheet in is approved right now and are all good for the game.

Ershin

Having read up a little about the system and setting SotDL seems really quite interesting. May I ask if you'd be willing to put up with a complete newbie in terms of this system and if so may I see about putting together a character application?

Kathadon

Of coarse! Welcome aboard Ershin.

What ancestry would you be interested to play?
My ON'S and OFF'S:

My BDSM test results.

pdragon

I went and adjusted Victoria's sheet a little. I adjusted her attributes (+1 to her strength in exchange for -1 agility) and fleshed out some of the details on her background and interesting thing.

Request Thread

Ershin

Quote from: Kathadon on April 26, 2021, 11:58:35 AM
Of coarse! Welcome aboard Ershin.

What ancestry would you be interested to play?
I was thinking either Dwarf (I can't help but think of the Book of Grudges that the Dwarves in Warhammer Fantasy kept when I look at their Hated Creature trait) or Goblin (I can't help but like how in this setting they're exiled fae who have no idea what they did to offend the fairy queen to the point their entire race was banished)

Kathadon

Well if you need any help on rules or character creation let us know.

wander I just finished up the players wanted post as well. I hope it passes muster.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

My BDSM test results.

wander

Quote from: Ershin on April 26, 2021, 01:02:36 PM
I was thinking either Dwarf (I can't help but think of the Book of Grudges that the Dwarves in Warhammer Fantasy kept when I look at their Hated Creature trait) or Goblin (I can't help but like how in this setting they're exiled fae who have no idea what they did to offend the fairy queen to the point their entire race was banished)

Personally, I love Goblins as they're literally the puppets from Labyrinth (in the lore there is a Goblin King and he's essentially Bowie as Jareth) instead of the GW greenskins.  ;D

Dwarfs are essentially the same as GW ones in what they're like, though they worship their Honoured Dead; ancestor worship essentially. Their secret origin was once they were creation of Grimnir and the Dark Gods though this relationship ended painfully and is the one secret shame of the Dwarfs that no outsider can ever learn.
The ancestry were all a tall, bronzed handsome race, perfect lithe statuesque in every way. And so these dwarf ancestors worshipped Grimnir and the Dark Gods happily, until one day they questioned why they should be mortal whilst the Gods have immortality, worship of their people and other treasures.
The Dwarves wanted in.
So they started to build a great tower up to reach the heavens and take what they felt they deserved. Grimnir however would not stand for this and struck down the tower and for their hubris, he then cursed the Dwarfs into their current short, stout and hairy forms and made them look ever downward rather than upward, making them the miners of treasured gems in Urth's soil they are to this day.

wander

Kathadon

I'm leaving this one open in case Miroque decides to put forward a character, but I locked the other one.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

My BDSM test results.