General interest check

Started by RedPhoenix, February 13, 2015, 12:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

It's been awhile since this forum got any posts, I'm just wondering is there any interest in playing these sorts of games? Games with a theme of "more populous but uninformed good guys try to root out the less populous but more coordinated bad guys" that traditional Mafia type games have?
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Blythe

Interest from me, yeah, although it's been a while since anything was run in this particular subboard.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Blythe on February 13, 2015, 01:20:42 PM
Interest from me, yeah, although it's been a while since anything was run in this particular subboard.

Okay Blythe. You are the only player. I will randomly determine if you are one of the good guys or bad guys. That team will then automatically win.

Ummm or maybe this will be more fun with more people. ^^

persephone325

I'm always up for playing games here. :D
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Madame Professor

Definitely would be interested!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

RedPhoenix

Yay!

The theoretical minimum would be four players but usually it's a lot more fun with more than that.

yugi006

Count me in. Can't get enough of these games.

Silver

I would be up for playing some of these games once again, a nice thing to have after being away from awhile.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

RedPhoenix

Well I'd like to run one but...doesn't seem like there is really enough interest. Oh well. :)

yugi006

I'm sure there's enough interest. You just have to get the word out. I doubt too many know this thread exists.

EmyKat

(just saying) I find this thread really fun ^^ I've only done one game but it's great! :3
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629

Verasaille

I want more games!! Count me in!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Remiel

Mmmm, sometimes people want to see if you're capable of running a game before they commit to it.   GMing is hard work; it's a bit like herding cats.  You have to nudge people if they're not posting, or else there's a very real possibility the game will grind to a halt.

Once you have a successful mafia game under your belt, it should be easier to recruit interest. :)

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on June 28, 2015, 11:40:20 PM
Mmmm, sometimes people want to see if you're capable of running a game before they commit to it.   GMing is hard work; it's a bit like herding cats.  You have to nudge people if they're not posting, or else there's a very real possibility the game will grind to a halt.

Once you have a successful mafia game under your belt, it should be easier to recruit interest. :)

^Very true.

Which is why I love Remi's games. :D
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Hey guys this thread is four months old and it was never an interest check for a specific game. The interest check obviously failed so no game ever happened.

Verasaille

I know, but all the games are winding down and we need new ones!

I wanted someone to run another Lords of Waterdeep.  Or anything for that matter.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Remiel

Don't worry, Verasaille.   Once Gloom winds down, I'll probably run something or other.  :)

Verasaille

Bless you, Remiel!!   ;D

I am in one but I died the first day, now I am sitting there bored as heck. The biggest drawback of the werewolves games.

Remiel

If it's any consolation, I think the game itself has ground to a pause.  I understand that RPGuy's dealing with some health problems right now.

Verasaille

I hope and pray he is doing all right!! But I was hoping some more games would open up.

RedPhoenix

Hmm. You're making me want to run one again now haha. :)

yugi006

Well the interest is certainly there.

Galactic Druid

Yeah, I do apologize for the delays on my part. I'm afraid there is a bit on my plate at the moment. If you guys are willing to hang in there, things will be rapidly picking up again soon.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Josietta

Anything going on around these parts?  Werewolves maybe?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!