You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 16, 2021, 07:17:11 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Anime  (Read 130375 times)

Offline Sasquatch421

• Devil Dog
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • RIP Mr. Wonderful
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Anime
« Reply #1150 on: February 20, 2021, 03:47:06 pm »
Okay so I figured you all would know the answer of this question...

Netflix is getting boring (seriously Camp Cretaceous is the most interesting thing on Netflix outside of Klaus Hargreaves)

Funimation yay or nay? Worth the money? As much as I like to watch Subs I am mostly watching TV as white noise... so I prefer Dubs right now.

I do believe Funimation has a 2 week trial, but in my opinion they do have a good selection of Dub's.

I'm working on catching up with my stuff so my current bounce between's show wise....

Crunchyroll- So I'm a Spider, So What?, That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime S2, The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter, Galaxy Express 999

Funimation- Yashahime, Bakemonogatari, Gleipnir, The Helpful Fox Senko-San

HIDIVE- MM!, Mysteria Friends, Beyond the Boundary, Revue Starlight

Amazon Prime: Killing Bites, Girls Last Tour, Dororo

HBO Max- In/Spectre

Offline JinxedGrace

• Lady
  • Seduced
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1151 on: March 03, 2021, 03:25:32 pm »
Hello all,

I have a question does anyone have any suggestions for some good romance anime?
I would love some that have happy endings but if anyone has a suggestion for one that's just too good to avoid I would love to hear about it.

Offline Lain

• White Rabbit
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • How does it feel? This blood is on your hands.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #1152 on: March 03, 2021, 05:37:37 pm »
Hello all,

I would love some that have happy endings but if anyone has a suggestion for one that's just too good to avoid I would love to hear about it.

I don't watch many romance anime.. though I seem to remember Paradise Kiss, Nana, His and Her Circumstances and Spice and Wolf. They remade Fruits Basket and it's showing some romance esc things... I hope I am not too off the mark for you, I don't remember how any end lol. I love the Slice of Life anime and these mostly hit that genre too

Offline JinxedGrace

• Lady
  • Seduced
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1153 on: March 03, 2021, 05:44:04 pm »
I don't watch many romance anime.. though I seem to remember Paradise Kiss, Nana, His and Her Circumstances and Spice and Wolf. They remade Fruits Basket and it's showing some romance esc things... I hope I am not too off the mark for you, I don't remember how any end lol. I love the Slice of Life anime and these mostly hit that genre too

I appreciate the suggestions even if you aren't too sure ill check them out and see if any pique my curiosity!

Offline LoupGarou90

• Lord
  • Seduced
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1154 on: March 23, 2021, 09:33:12 pm »
Hello all,

Hopefully I can help you out, I sometimes decide to enjoy a romance anime. Some of these are a Rollercoaster of emotions but the ending is happy at least.
Elemental Gelade, The World is Still Beautiful, Yamada-Kun and the Seven Witches, Golden Times.
Hope these are to your liking

Online NotoriusBEN

• The Lucky Fool
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Because green beer is awesome...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1155 on: April 13, 2021, 08:59:34 pm »
so this happened a couple days ago:

Im not sure about the ramifications of what this means... it feels like Harmony Gold got a cash infusion coming their way with regards to this... Im happy, because, yay giant robit spesplanes, but it feels like Harmony Gold is getting money out of this when they should have lost their copyright hold over two decades ago. but maybe losing their copyright war with battletech unseen mechs made Harmony Gold shit the bed and go to the negotiation table with BigWest in japan

Heres a video, and the actual document:
source url   https://macross.jp/b2b/

BIGWEST CO., LTC., STUDIO NUE, INC. and HARMONY GOLD U.S.A
ANNOUNCE EXPANSIVE AGREEMENT FOR
THE FUTURE OF MACROSS AND ROBOTECH WORLDWIDE!

April 9, 2021, Tokyo, Japan: Landmark agreement between the anime companies will allow immediate international distribution of most Macross television sequels and films, while affirming Harmony Gold’s rights to the Robotech franchise. Both companies will cooperate on the international distribution of future Macross and Robotech projects post 2021.

Tokyo based BIGWEST CO.,LTD. and Los Angeles based Harmony Gold U.S.A. announced an agreement regarding the worldwide rights for the legendary Macross and Robotech franchises. This expansive agreement signed by both companies on March 1, 2021, ends two decades of disagreements and will allow Bigwest and Harmony Gold to chart a new path that will unlock the great potential of both the Macross and Robotech franchises worldwide. The landmark agreement immediately permits worldwide distribution of most of the Macross films and television sequels worldwide, and also confirms that Bigwest will not oppose the Japanese release of an anticipated upcoming live-action Robotech film. The agreement also recognizes Harmony Gold’s longstanding exclusive license with Tatsunoko for the use of the 41 Macross characters and mecha in the Robotech television series and related merchandise throughout the world excluding Japan. Moving forward, both parties will cooperate on distribution regarding future Macross and Robotech projects for the benefit of both franchises.

Bigwest Representative Director, Kaya Onishi added,“Stories that feature Valkyries, a transformable realistic mecha, in action among the galaxies while diva's sing in the background, as well as love triangles involving the pilots and singers. That was and continues to be the concept behind the Macross series, and I am happy that I can now help bring Macross to people all over the world on the 40th anniversary of the series. I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Harmony Gold Chairman, Frank Agrama for his courageous decision in this matter.”

Harmony Gold USA Chairman, Frank Agrama stated, “This is an incomparably historic moment for both Harmony Gold and Bigwest and the anime industry overall. This is also an exciting moment for fans of Robotech and Macross worldwide. I thank my friend, Bigwest Representative Director, Kaya Onishi for her hard work to help us reach this long desired resolution that protects both of our franchises while building a better tomorrow for both our companies.”

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #1156 on: June 20, 2021, 06:38:13 pm »
If you haven't watched Great Pretender and have Netflix, you should be watching it. It's a great Anime and the use of color is pretty great.

Offline Songbird

• Our Lady of Optimism, Mistress of the Comma, Babe of the Bounteous Bosom, Saint of Submission, Her Succubian Majesty, Beauty with the Booty, Curvaceous Muse, Alluring Siren, Innocent Angel, Helpless Captive, Sex Kitten, Nubile Nerd, and One Wordy Wench
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • "They're real, and they're spectacular!"
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1157 on: August 25, 2021, 10:41:45 pm »
A friend here on E. recommended that I watch "The Duke of Death and His Maid". I'm only a few episodes in, but I absolutely adore it. :-*

The basic plot is that this young duke was cursed so that any and every living thing he touches dies, therefore he's shunned by almost everyone. However, his maid Alice loves him and serves him devotedly, and he loves her, even when she drives him up the wall with her constant sexual harassment. It's adorable and funny, but also sad, as unless they can find a way to break his curse, they'll never be able to touch, kiss, or make love. There's more to it than that, but that's a good starting description. :-)

I adore this anime, and especially the relationship between the duke and his maid. It's refreshing that they're both pretty open about their feelings for one another, and that there's no "harem" trope going on. (Not that the harem trope is bad, but it's a bit overdone.)

I'm not doing it justice, so please, please, please give it a try! :D

Offline Sessha

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • When life hands you some lemons make ice tea.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #1158 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:23 am »
Hello all,

I know it's been awhile since this post was made, but I think I can add to this list. There is a good romance/adventure anime, it's old...but it is very good. It's called Fushugi Yugi. Like I said it's an old one but it has romance, adventure and supernatural as part of it's tags.