Dice Roller

Started by Rett Butler, May 30, 2005, 06:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rett Butler

I was posting a character bio with necessary rolls in it. I had noticed that one part of it was messed up. I had forgotten to add a space in the   :roll: code. There was no space between the :roll and +1d6:. So I went back and edited it. I realized that I had made the fatal mistake of the rolls now re-parsing. So I deleted the post. I then again reposted the fixed bio and it still re-parses the rolls even though I did not edit the most recent post of the bio.

Lilac

It's a good idea to always make rolls under separate posts.

Rett Butler

Okay, I just roll outside the post and edit in whatever I got. Thanks for the help.

Darwishi

Alright I'm having something of a problem with the dice roller as well.  I haven't editted the post with the rolls in it, but every time I go back and look at it, the results come out completely different.  So basically if it changes every time someone views the post it doesn't really do much good to be rolling dice...so is there a fix to that? ^^

Lord of Shadows

I have experienced the same thing myself. Seems like you should be able to lock the dices so it doesn't roll every time, just once.

Lilac

Zeekergamer

Has there been any progress on this?
Tentacle Sex, WOO!

Lilac

Slowly, working on an rpol-like solution, so that players can have public and private rolls and such.