Of Dice and Men (SR5) (At least NC)

Started by RSGAlex, November 18, 2015, 10:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopeFox

Quote from: RSGAlex on November 19, 2015, 08:38:07 PM
I intentionally left  the exact circumstances vague for the opportunity to give my prospective players a bit more leeway in background making.

I'm not at my books right now, so I'm not certain, but if you can afford it, it's bioware, and all the bits total to 1 essence or less, you can take it under Prototype Transhuman. So you have standard, alpha, omega, and used grades available. Not too sure why you'd take that last grade, though.

I can go with a "growing up in the facility" background. Especially if I make a technomancer who spends most of their time in the Matrix.

Genetech isn't precisely bioware, it's a direct modification to a character's genome. It makes sense to include it under Prototype Transhuman, though, since that's all about changing someone's genome from the start.

"Used"-grade bioware in a Transhuman Prototype would typically be in order to lower the Availability - for example, to get a Pain Editor at Availability 14. Also to reduce nuyen costs.

I'm mulling over a few ideas. This could be a fun chance to play a technomancer with a bit of an augmented edge, but a decker could be fun too.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Muse

Tanoshimi grew up completely in a VR fantasy world.  Having someone on the team who knew what the real world was like before they went on this run could be a good thing for her! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Dang but this has been filling up good.  Got a Face yet?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Muse

I don't believe we do, Andy. 

By my count: 
Adept (Ampre)
Hacker Type (Fox)
Mage/Katana Girl (Muse)
Sniper/Scout (Blue Leah)
Street Samurai (M.R.)

Looks like the two th ings no one has spoken up about are a Drone Rigger and a Face. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RSGAlex

Quote from: HopeFox on November 19, 2015, 09:23:20 PM
I can go with a "growing up in the facility" background. Especially if I make a technomancer who spends most of their time in the Matrix.

Genetech isn't precisely bioware, it's a direct modification to a character's genome. It makes sense to include it under Prototype Transhuman, though, since that's all about changing someone's genome from the start.

"Used"-grade bioware in a Transhuman Prototype would typically be in order to lower the Availability - for example, to get a Pain Editor at Availability 14. Also to reduce nuyen costs.

I'm mulling over a few ideas. This could be a fun chance to play a technomancer with a bit of an augmented edge, but a decker could be fun too.

Yeah, but you could also get it Omega, take a downside (not too bad of one if the essence saving isn't that huge), and save on the essence you have to work with.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Yeah.  I don't have finished sheets from anyone yet (though some are definitely closer than others) so pitch a sheet at me.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

RSGAlex

I thought you were still making ch-ch-changes.

If you made 'em, then I have a finished one, and a nearly finished one.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

A few questions: 
A.  Do you want to check my math, or can I delete my NY and Karma expenditures. 
B.  Is it important to speak german well? 
C.  Do you want any imput in fleshing out contacts?  (I need to make a good write up on Professor Bone.  He's kidna unique.) 

Unless I need to tweak something, All I need is three contacts named. 

RSGAlex

I think your math looked good enough.

Your ability to speak auf Deutsch isn't going to be more important if you're a face, or part face.

I definitely want to see that write up now that you word things like that.

Thank you, and thanks again.

Please wait warmly.

Ampere

I think I've finished too - latest edit uploaded to Omae
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Muse

Ampere

Name/Alias: Cali/Eir

Attributes
BODY: 3                                                        CHARISMA: 5                                          ESSENCE: 6
AGILITY: 6                                                     INTUITION: 4                                         MAGIC: 6
REACTION: 5 (6)                                            LOGIC: 4                                                EDGE: 2
STRENGTH: 4                                                 WILLPOWER: 4                                       INITIATIVE: 9 (10) + 2d6

skills
ACTIVE SKILLS:

Blades 12 6 (AGI)                                           Gymnastics 8 2 (AGI)                              Sneaking 9 3 (AGI)
Clubs 12 6 (AGI)                                             Navigation 6 2 (INT)                               Survival 6 2 (WIL)   
Con 7 2 (CHA)                                                Perception 7 3 (INT)                                Swimming 6 2 (STR)
Escape Artist 8 2 (AGI)                                    Pistols 5 0 (AGI)                                     Throwing Weapons 9 3 (AGI)
Etiquette (Street) 7 (9) (CHA)                          Running 6 2 (STR)                                  Tracking 6 2 (INT)                         
Unarmed Combat 15 6 (AGI)  3

KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
Language: Japanese 7 3 (INT) 
History 7 3 (LOG) 
Philosophy 6 2 (INT) 
Sprawl Life 8 4 (INT)

Limits
LIMITS

Mental: 6
Physical: 6
Social: 6

Qualities
QUALITIES:
Positive:                                                          Negative:
Adept                                                              Flashbacks I
Animal Empathy                                               Insomnia (Basic)
Prototype Transhuman                                      Pacifist I
                                                                       Poor Self Control (Compulsive) III (Masochism)

Adept Powers
ADEPT POWERS:

Empathic Healing (0.5)
Improved Ability (skill) (Unarmed Combat) 3 (1.5)
Improved Reflexes 1 (1.5)
Nerve Strike (1)
Traceless Walk (1)
Wall Running (0.5)

Gear
GEAR

Lifestyle: Street (Living under the stars)

Armoured Clothing (6)
Lined Coat(9)
Good quality: Shoes, Undergarments, Socks
Nice quality: Skirt, Blouse

Cougar Fineblade: Long and Short
Survival Knife
Extendable Baton * 2
Throwing Knives * 5
Tiffani Defiance Protector Taser * 30 darts
Grenade Flashbang * 2

Renraku Sensei
Good quality backpack
Survival Kit
Gecko Gloves
Med Kit (6)

Bioware
BIOWARE

Cat's Eyes
Chemical Gland + Weapon Reservoir
Fangs (retractable)
Striking Callus (2)
Trauma Damper (4)

Character Details
DESCRIPTION

Willowy build, moves with a dancer's grace. Piercing grey eyes, freckles, far too many scars, copper-coloured hair, and preference for greens/blues. 

BACKGROUND

She was supposed to have been a vat-grown corporate ninja - at least that was the only explanation for the skill-set with which she had been decanted. Her first memory was pain. Waking on a surgical table, paralysed but aware as they started to operate. Her bio-readings all but flat-lined, forcing the surgeons to abort whatever augmentations they had planned. She played along, training, practicing and honing the assassin's art, but Cali doesn't want to kill anyone. And now, in the chaos in which the young woman finds herself, she is a reed, lost in a hurricane and far too scared to even think about standing still.

CONCEPT

Martial artist - open palm style, who views violence as the last resort. Past trauma associated with surgical equipment (especially operating rooms, scent of surgical disinfectant etc).

O&O's

Muse

She's lovely. 

I don't see her bioware.  Do you know about the prototype transhuman posotive quality?  It looks like you didn't acutlay use it? 

Let me know if i can help.  :) 

Blue Leah

I think I have to withdraw my name from the list. I am not as comfortable with SR5 as I thought, and don't want to slow the game down.

Y'all enjoy, though.

HopeFox

Handle: Magellan
Nickname: Maggie
Metatype: Human

Priorities

Attributes: E (12)
Resonance: A
Skills: B (36/5)
Resources: B (275,000 nuyen)
Metatype: E (Human, 1)

Attributes

(12 points, 1 special point)
Body 2
Agility 2
Reaction 2
Strength 2
Willpower 3
Logic 7 (9)
Intuition 5
Charisma 2
Edge 3
Essence 6
Resonance 6
Initiative 7 + 1D6
Matrix VR Initiative: 14 + 4D6

Mental Limit: 9
Physical Limit: 3
Social Limit: 5

Physical Condition Monitor: 9
Stun Condition Monitor: 10

Living Persona A/S/D/F: 2/5/9/3

Skills

(36 skill points, 5 skill group points, two Rating 5 Resonance skills, 24 Knowledge skill points)

Electronics skill group 5

Compiling 6
Decompiling 1
Registering 6
Hacking 6 (Devices)
Electronic Warfare 6
Automatics 1
Sneaking 3
Perception 2
Etiquette 2
Armorer 1
Demolitions 1
Gunnery 6
Biotechnology 1
Cybertechnology 1
First Aid 1
Medicine 1

German N
English 2
Japanese 2
Spanish 2
History 1
Literature 1
Physics 1
Biology 1
BTL Publishers 2
Matrix Games 3
Geography 2
Matrix Social Media 2
Street Drugs 2
Matrix Infrastructure 3

Qualities

Prototype Transhuman (free)

Allergy: Sunlight, Mild (free)
Code of Honor: Like a Boss 15
Infirm 10

Resonance

Complex forms:

Cleaner
FAQ
Puppeteer
Resonance Veil
Transcendent Grid

Gear

Commlink

Transys Avalon commlink (5,000) (DR 6, A/S/D/F -/-/6/7)
   Hot-sim module (250)
   Receiver (400)
   Add a Module (2 packs of parts)
   Program Carrier module (Encryption) (900)
   BTL software downloads (hacked):
      Downer (50)
      Upper (50)
      Hyper (50)
      Chill (50)
      Dreamchip x 10 (200)
   Satellite link (500)
   Simrig (1,000)

Armour

Sleeping Tiger (13,500) [10]
   Biomonitor [1] (300)
   Nonconductivity, Rating 6 [6] (1,500)
   Shock weave [3] (1,000)
Second Skin (12,000) [2]
   Fresnel fabric, Rating 6 [2] (6,000)
Altskin with armor (1,750)

Weapons

Yamaha Raiden (2,600)
   Smart firing platform (2,500)
      Yamaha Raiden Targetting, Rating 6 (3,000)
      Clearsight, Rating 6 (3,000)
   Sling (15)
   Laser sight (125)
   Chameleon coating (1,000)
   Longbarrel (2,600)
   Extended clip, Rating 2 x 3 (105)
      120 rounds of APDS (1,440)
      120 rounds of Stick-n-Shock (960)
      120 rounds of Ex-Explosive (1,440)
Steyr TMP (350)
   Gas-vent system, Rating 3 (600)
   Concealable holster (150)
   Spare clip x 2 (10)
      60 rounds of regular ammo (120)
      60 rounds of Tracker (900)

Identification

Fake ID, Rating 4 (Dr Margueritte Schultz) (10,000)
   Fake Licence, Rating 4 (Red Mescaline prescription) (800)
   Fake Licence, Rating 4 (Machine pistol) (800)
Dr Schultz is a brilliant but reclusive researcher in Matrix connectivity protocols, and is 19 years old. She has an anxiety condition that is treated by red mescaline for acute attacks.

Electronics

Datachip x 10 (50)
Security tag x 10 (50)
Sensor tag x 13 (520)
   Sensor, Rating 2 (one of each) (1,300)
Data tap (300)
Micro-transceiver (100)
White noise generator, Rating 6 (300)
Glasses, Rating 4 (100) [4]
   Low-light vision [1] (500)
   Flare compensation [1] (250)
   Vision enhancement 2 [2] (1,000)
Goggles, Rating 5 (250) [5]
   Flare compensation [1] (250)
   Vision enhancement 3 [3] (1,500)
   Thermographic vision [1] (500)
Headphones, Rating 5 (250) [5]
   Audio enhancement, Rating 3 [3] (1,500)
   Select sound filter, Rating 2 [2] (500)
Hat with trodes (75)
Electronics parts, 8 packs remaining (1,000)
Directional jammer, Rating 6 (1,200)

Tools

Armorer kit (500)
Hardware kit (500)
Chemistry kit (500)

Medical gear

Medkit, Rating 3 (750)
Medkit, Rating 6 (1,500)
Savior medkit (2,000)
Savior medkit supplies x 3 (900)
Antidote patch, Rating 6 (300)
Stim patch, Rating 6 x 10 (1,500)
Tranq patch, Rating 7 x 5 (700)
Trauma patch x 3 (500)
Psyche, pharmaceutical grade x 10 (4,000)
Red mescaline, pharmaceutical grade x 4 (400)

Reactive myomer pack (450)
Standard credstick (5)
   3,765 nuyen (+ 2D6 x 40 nuyen)

Augmentations

Transhuman Prototype augmentations:

Cerebral Booster 2, alpha (0.32) (75,600)
Genetic Optimization (Logic) (0.3) (47,000)
Narco (0.2) (16,420)
Sleep regulator, alpha (0.08) (14,400)
Increased myelination (0.1) (12,000)

Total cost: 165,420

Lifestyle

Grid connectivity monitoring shack
Bolthole
C&N: 2
Security: 4
Neighbourhood: 1

1,400 nuyen per month
2 month prepaid

Contacts

Switchboard, Matrix-bound fixer: Connection 4, Loyalty 2

Karma expenditures

Character creation:

Starting Karma: 25

Code of Honor: Like a Boss 15
Infirm 10

Karma available: 50

Body 2: 10
Agility 2: 10
Reaction 2: 10
Strength 2: 10
Charisma 2: 10

Final Karma: 0

Description

Magellan was created from cells taken from one of Transys's top researchers and a captured otaku, and her genome was modified extensively to improve the information-handling capabilities of her brain. Her first toys were commlinks and a soldering iron, and she Emerged as a technomancer at the age of six.

Magellan, or Maggie as she is more often addressed, has spent most of her life on the Matrix, sailing across its vast oceans in the ship of her Resonant mind, accompanied by her loyal crew of sprites. Her home was the laboratory host, her few hours outside of VR were spent on mandatory exercise that prevented her body from wasting away completely. She had the importance of secrecy drilled into her, and knew that she must never talk about her true home, but otherwise was given the freedom of the Matrix, a freedom which she exploited to its fullest. She traded code on hacker boards, delved into role-playing games, mainlined entire seasons of trideo and simsense shows, and even dipped her toe into the murky depths of the BTL industry. Nothing was beyond her reach, and everything was worth exploring. It is only in the last few years that she has been pushed into practising the physical skills she is going to need for her mission, and she has taken to the training with exceptional reluctance.

Maggie broke into Tanoshimi's virtual world when she was eleven, and the scientists decided that it wasn't worth the trouble of trying to restrain her. She appeared in Tanoshimi's world as a foreign ship captain, who would arrive at odd intervals to drag Tanoshimi off on some new adventure to fight oni at sea or explore some ancient caves or ruins.

Magellan's Matrix iconography is that of a tall, beautiful and strong Renaissance era ship captain, complete with musket and telescope. She is often accompanied by registered sprites who resemble a ship's crew. Her meat body is a rather unassuming and unimpressive girl, with poor muscle definition, and thin from lack of proper nutrition.

TheGlyphstone

If a slot's opened up, I'd like to throw my hat in as a Rigger-type character. I've already got a Face in another SR5 game here, so it'd be fun to explore the setting's tech side.

ShadowFox89

What sort of characters do we already have? Might make an elf mage.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Looks like everyone sent in so far is huamn, Fox.  I'm a mage, but I'm a bit of a genralist. 

TheGlyphstone

The quality is called Prototype Transhuman. Doesn't specifically ban itself from being applied to a metatype, but the flavor would feel a bit off.

I'm waiting for a go-ahead from the GM before I start to character crunch.

Ampere

Quote from: Muse on November 21, 2015, 06:47:51 PM
  She's lovely. 

I don't see her bioware.  Do you know about the prototype transhuman posotive quality?  It looks like you didn't acutlay use it? 

Let me know if i can help.  :)

Thank you - I really struggled to find enough funds to buy some decent bioware (Cali has striking callus (2) but that's all).

O&O's

HopeFox

Quote from: Ampere on November 22, 2015, 04:27:22 AM
Thank you - I really struggled to find enough funds to buy some decent bioware (Cali has striking callus (2) but that's all).

Yeah, that's the tricky part of Prototype Transhuman. Normally I make Awakened (or Emerged in this case) characters on Resources D if not E. It feels weird spending over 200k nuyen on 1 Essence worth of enhancements. :) The price of being a genetically tailored genius, I guess!

ShadowFox89

For prototype transhuman, 2 questions;

Is it human only?

And

What do you mean max limit is 14?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Everything has an Availability Limit as far as Equipment goes. We can't start with anything whose Availability rating exceeds 14.