The City of Darkest Nights - Gotham City - Temporarily Closed!

Started by Lady Lunarius, June 12, 2014, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rave

TheBlackThrone

How do you know that the other player playing Dick Grayson has no intention of becoming Nightwing later in the game?
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Rave

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on June 21, 2014, 09:57:55 PM
How do you know that the other player playing Dick Grayson has no intention of becoming Nightwing later in the game?

Honestly, I think it's slightly unfair for one player to hold the position of two characters and not play one of them. There's no sense is playing Dick Grayson as Robin, and at the same time denying someone else the right to play Nightwing. Besides, I have gone over the character sheet and there is no indication of that happening anywhere, and I have talked to the GMs about this. There is no problem.

That being said, this is an alternate Universe all together. A lot of options are available. 

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Rave on June 21, 2014, 10:00:52 PM
Honestly, I think it's slightly unfair for one player to hold the position of two characters and not play one of them. There's no sense is playing Dick Grayson as Robin, and at the same time denying someone else the right to play Nightwing. Besides, I have gone over the character sheet and there is no indication of that happening anywhere, and I have talked to the GMs about this. There is no problem.

That being said, this is an alternate Universe all together. A lot of options are available. 

Since you didn't have the courtesy to ask, and I didn't have the forethought to put it on paper, I should like to say that I don't particularly care one way or the other if you play some character named Nightwing.  In fact, I wouldn't actually mind if your Nightwing was an alternate dimension Dick Grayson, a futuristic Dick Grayson come back from the future, or a Dick Grayson clone.  Maybe my Dick Grayson is the clone?  Who knows!  I'm amenable.

But, if we're speaking honestly, I'm a little bothered that I should have to defend myself from your statement.

Am I being unfair?  Did I deny anyone anything?  Do I have no sense in selecting the character that I wanted to play?

That's exactly why I clicky-clicky these threads.  So that I can get told off for things that I didn't actually do.  Wouldn't the more diplomatic response have been, "Oh, why, yes, Black Throne, I realized that Dick Grayson was taken!  I'm trying to work something out with the GMs and Grayson's player to create a fun, new character that is named Nightwing."

I just can't get over your level of presumption.  It's just uncanny.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Rave

Let me clarify that I wasn't actually calling you un-fair. What I called unfair, was the suggested idea of someone claiming two characters, past and present. If I did come off as preumptious, forgive me, I was simply trying to make a point in defense of my own choice to play said character.

Either way, I'll also note that before I even expressed interest in the OOC thread for Nightwing's creation, I had PM'd the GMs and raised the very issue of Dick Grayson already existing in the RP. I didn't proceed until I was told it was okay for me to do so, so it's not like I came in and simply went "Okay, forget everyone else I'll play what I want." I certainly didn't mean to portray that image, either.

But alas,
I apologize if my comments ended up irritating you. Just know that I had meant no ill-will by them.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Rave on June 22, 2014, 01:13:30 AM
Let me clarify that I wasn't actually calling you un-fair. What I called unfair, was the suggested idea of someone claiming two characters, past and present. If I did come off as preumptious, forgive me, I was simply trying to make a point in defense of my own choice to play said character.

Either way, I'll also note that before I even expressed interest in the OOC thread for Nightwing's creation, I had PM'd the GMs and raised the very issue of Dick Grayson already existing in the RP. I didn't proceed until I was told it was okay for me to do so, so it's not like I came in and simply went "Okay, forget everyone else I'll play what I want." I certainly didn't mean to portray that image, either.

But alas,
I apologize if my comments ended up irritating you. Just know that I had meant no ill-will by them.

Ah, well, I'm not one to stay irritated.  You are forgiven.  Forgive me for not understanding your position clearly.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Rave

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 22, 2014, 01:15:29 AM
Ah, well, I'm not one to stay irritated.  You are forgiven.  Forgive me for not understanding your position clearly.

It's all good as far as I'm concerned  :-)

Downfall347

Hello everyone!

So I am very interested in playing if you are still accepting, are you?

Also what are the rules for bringing in non-super powered characters from elsewhere in the DC universe. Until recently I was playing The Question in another RP and I would love to give a Nolan-universe go at him again. Also what about characters like Green Arrow or the like?

Black Howling

Quote from: Downfall347 on June 22, 2014, 11:51:25 PM
Hello everyone!

Also what are the rules for bringing in non-super powered characters from elsewhere in the DC universe. Until recently I was playing The Question in another RP and I would love to give a Nolan-universe go at him again. Also what about characters like Green Arrow or the like?

Any character in the DC universe, or hell some revisions of Marvel types are all valid. Just Nolan styled, realistic characters. And yes we are still, and will likely always be accepting new characters. :-)

Downfall347

Neat! I also have another couple of ideas kicking around. I'll make up a character sheet or two tomorrow. Do I just post the completed sheet here for approval?

Black Howling

Quote from: Downfall347 on June 23, 2014, 12:00:16 AM
Neat! I also have another couple of ideas kicking around. I'll make up a character sheet or two tomorrow. Do I just post the completed sheet here for approval?

Yes, that is correct sir! Just post up the sheet here for approval. And welcome! ;D

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Downfall347 on June 22, 2014, 11:51:25 PM
Hello everyone!

Glad to see the story piqued your interest!  Can't wait to see what you've got in mind.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Downfall347

Alright, working up two characters now. Quick question, do the other DC cannon cities still exist in here? I ask because the Question was originally from Hub City but I can easily move his background to New York or something like that if you would rather keep it Gotham only.

Downfall347

Character sheet for 'The Question' for your approval. I am also working on a Nolan version of Deathstroke I hope to have done later this evening.

== Character Bio ==
== Personal Information ==
Legal Name:Charles Victor Szasz
Alias: Vic Sage, The Question
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Part of Gotham Residing In:Repurposed storage unit on Sperry Ave, south east edge of the city.

== Physical Description ==                                                       
When not in costume Charles appears to be a rather normal looking guy. Black hair, often messy, with brown eyes and a California jaw line. He stands at an even six feet and often comes with a five o’ clock shadow which is beginning to take steps towards full beard. He can typically be seen wearing simple black t-shirts and jeans as well as thick, torn winter coats in the cold season. Slightly dirty, and with a glint of animal madness in his eyes most mistake him for a homeless man or potentially an Arkham escapee. However when he becomes The Question his posture changes entirely, making him seem taller. He dresses in a simple gray suit and trench coat with a fedora hiding his unkempt hair. His most startling feature being, of course, his mask. A polyurethane blend his mask is made of a skin tight breathable rubber, giving him the appearance of having no face at all save for the slightest hint of features beneath the veil.   

== Persona ==
If there was one word that could be used to sum up Charles (and has been used on several psychiatric evaluations) its obsession. He is a man singularly driven by the nagging itch in his head, the itch that tells him there is always another layer deeper to unfold in the world around him. In that goal he is driven, constantly pushing himself past what is safe or sane. After all, what is a broken leg when truth could be around the next corner? Typically distrustful of anyone and everyone he meets he erects a wall of suspicion and paranoia around himself wherever he goes, driving off anyone who may wish to extend a hand of friendship. Although to be honest he prefers it that way. Better to be feared than betrayed. However, despite all this he is, at heart, a crusader. To him finding the hidden truths of the world is not a mental exercise unto itself, but a means to an end. To Charles human evil, at its root, is deception. Not just the big ones, like senators secretly taking bribes from the mob, but the small ones too. White lies, secret handshakes, secret clubs. All of it compounding society in shadows. And as any man who has walked the streets of Gotham knows, evil often dwells in shadows. He seeks to save people, to help them find their truth and to see beyond the limited life they have been told they can lead.

== Key Skills ==
Master Investigator
Expert Martial Artist
Alright Hacker
Keenly Observant
Snappy Dresser

== Advantages ==
The first, and largest advantage The Question has is that he is on the outskirts of society. Without social obligation or a well-known civilian identity to protect he can throw himself into his cases with a sort of wild abandon.

Second, his paranoia acts as a strong advantage, leading him to always question what others would accept and dig deeper into any matter. Furthermore, it ensures he is seldom surprised.

Third, he has a total disregard for the law most of the time. Some may see this as a disadvantage but that it means is he has no limits. To him, if a law gets in the way of truth then that law must be broken.

== Disadvantages ==
Slight Insanity: Charles is unbalanced, prone to see conspiracy plots where there are none. In truth, the doctors at Arkham would likely have a field day with him.

Unconnected: Charles has removed himself from society, and as such can’t rely on any kind of network of friends or contacts. When he hits the streets he is wholly alone.

== Background ==
To call Charles past troubled would be akin to calling the Hindenburg an auto accident. Born in Hub city to a nineteen year old alcoholic mother and her sixty year old sugar daddy, he was never wanted. Much of Charles childhood was a lonely existence pot marked by instances of extreme violence. His father, whom had only not tossed baby Charles into a dumpster at the mother’s pleas, made it clear from day one that he did not want the boy. He beat him viciously, locking him in closets for hours every day while he discussed business with the other members of a local crime family. His mother, mind lost to self-medication, would watch vacant eyed from the couch of their small, shitty apartment. He grew up in the darkness of the closet, the thin line of light under the door the only inch of truth he had, and it was from in here that he first learned of his calling. He knew his father was a bad man, a bad man who led other bad men. He knew his father was always talking about secret agendas, and secret meetings. Secrets, they were like the darkness in which he lived, cloistering, oppressive. He bid his time listening during those few hours each day, doing what he could to train his body and mind to do what needed to be done.

On his fifteenth birthday he used a coat hanger to pick the closet door and crept out and suffocated his father to death with a pillow. His mother never woke up, too drunk and drugged out to hear the father of her child thrash and gasp as the last inch of his life fled him. Charles hit the streets. There was no idea of justice in his mind then, or truth. The only thing he cared for was revenge. He had killed the old man but not what the old man loved. Not the business. Not his legacy. He knew where the family met, he knew what their operations were, and he knew he was not going to take it all down with his fifteen year old hands. So he did what he had to, and with a lump in his gut he went to the police. He told them everything, and was swept away into a whirlwind of foster homes and shelters, none of whom could handle the growing paranoia in him. At age 17 he was committed to the Mercy Home for the Mentally Afflicted in Hub city. It was there he met Dr. Tyler Rhodes. A good man, but a tired man who had seen the horrors of the world first hand. He took to Charles, seeing in him a potential. He was crazy, yes, but he had the drive to make a change, to do something. He helped Charles come to terms with his history, and the murder he had committed. Then, he told Charles about the men who had killed his daughter and wife. Told Charles about the dirty cops and corrupt judges who let them get away with it. Then, he discharged Charles at the age of 19.

What happened next was predictable. Charles went after those men the doctor had told him about. This time, however, it was not for personal revenge or anger. It was for justice, it was for someone he considered a friend. He wore a cloth mask to hide his identity, and it was merely a week later that the Question was born out of necessity. He found those men, and brought them to proper justice. He exposed their secrets, playing a video tape of the Hub City DA brokering a deal with a known crime head across the city’s public access network. After all, what was a single judge when the entirety of the city was the jury?

Since then he has kept moving. He lives like a vagrant, always on the outskirts, never making any kind of meaningful connections. He upgraded his mask, a nighttime raid on a corrupt R&D company yielding him the breathable rubber that now made up his ‘face’. His quest, however, is the same is was from the night he broke from that closet. To find the secrets that corrupt and degrade society, to help people, to be a crusader for truth.

In recent nights, word came that there was a massive breakout of the criminally insane from some asylum in Gotham. Gotham, a city known for its shadows. A perfect place to ask some questions.

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: Misha Collins
Ons and Offs:
Ons: Charles likes violent women, and despite himself can’t resist one with a secret or two to hide.
Offs: Bad liars
For everything else see: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=5719

Downfall347

So apparently one thing of note, I am terrible at uploading images. They are either non-existent or massive.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Downfall347 on June 23, 2014, 10:55:40 AM
Character sheet for 'The Question' for your approval. I am also working on a Nolan version of Deathstroke I hope to have done later this evening.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
== Character Bio ==
Legal Name:Charles Victor Szasz
Alias: Vic Sage, The Question
Part of Gotham Residing In:Repurposed storage unit on Sperry Ave, south east edge of the city.

When not in costume Charles appears to be a rather normal looking guy. Black hair, often messy, with brown eyes and a California jaw line. He stands at an even six feet and often comes with a five o’ clock shadow which is beginning to take steps towards full beard. He can typically be seen wearing simple black t-shirts and jeans as well as thick, torn winter coats in the cold season. Slightly dirty, and with a glint of animal madness in his eyes most mistake him for a homeless man or potentially an Arkham escapee. However when he becomes The Question his posture changes entirely, making him seem taller. He dresses in a simple gray suit and trench coat with a fedora hiding his unkempt hair. His most startling feature being, of course, his mask. A polyurethane blend his mask is made of a skin tight breathable rubber, giving him the appearance of having no face at all save for the slightest hint of features beneath the veil.   

== Persona ==
If there was one word that could be used to sum up Charles (and has been used on several psychiatric evaluations) its obsession. He is a man singularly driven by the nagging itch in his head, the itch that tells him there is always another layer deeper to unfold in the world around him. In that goal he is driven, constantly pushing himself past what is safe or sane. After all, what is a broken leg when truth could be around the next corner? Typically distrustful of anyone and everyone he meets he erects a wall of suspicion and paranoia around himself wherever he goes, driving off anyone who may wish to extend a hand of friendship. Although to be honest he prefers it that way. Better to be feared than betrayed. However, despite all this he is, at heart, a crusader. To him finding the hidden truths of the world is not a mental exercise unto itself, but a means to an end. To Charles human evil, at its root, is deception. Not just the big ones, like senators secretly taking bribes from the mob, but the small ones too. White lies, secret handshakes, secret clubs. All of it compounding society in shadows. And as any man who has walked the streets of Gotham knows, evil often dwells in shadows. He seeks to save people, to help them find their truth and to see beyond the limited life they have been told they can lead.

== Key Skills ==
Master Investigator
Expert Martial Artist
Alright Hacker
Keenly Observant
Snappy Dresser

== Advantages ==
The first, and largest advantage The Question has is that he is on the outskirts of society. Without social obligation or a well-known civilian identity to protect he can throw himself into his cases with a sort of wild abandon.

Second, his paranoia acts as a strong advantage, leading him to always question what others would accept and dig deeper into any matter. Furthermore, it ensures he is seldom surprised.

Third, he has a total disregard for the law most of the time. Some may see this as a disadvantage but that it means is he has no limits. To him, if a law gets in the way of truth then that law must be broken.

== Disadvantages ==
Slight Insanity: Charles is unbalanced, prone to see conspiracy plots where there are none. In truth, the doctors at Arkham would likely have a field day with him.

Unconnected: Charles has removed himself from society, and as such can’t rely on any kind of network of friends or contacts. When he hits the streets he is wholly alone.

== Background ==
To call Charles past troubled would be akin to calling the Hindenburg an auto accident. Born in Hub city to a nineteen year old alcoholic mother and her sixty year old sugar daddy, he was never wanted. Much of Charles childhood was a lonely existence pot marked by instances of extreme violence. His father, whom had only not tossed baby Charles into a dumpster at the mother’s pleas, made it clear from day one that he did not want the boy. He beat him viciously, locking him in closets for hours every day while he discussed business with the other members of a local crime family. His mother, mind lost to self-medication, would watch vacant eyed from the couch of their small, shitty apartment. He grew up in the darkness of the closet, the thin line of light under the door the only inch of truth he had, and it was from in here that he first learned of his calling. He knew his father was a bad man, a bad man who led other bad men. He knew his father was always talking about secret agendas, and secret meetings. Secrets, they were like the darkness in which he lived, cloistering, oppressive. He bid his time listening during those few hours each day, doing what he could to train his body and mind to do what needed to be done.

On his fifteenth birthday he used a coat hanger to pick the closet door and crept out and suffocated his father to death with a pillow. His mother never woke up, too drunk and drugged out to hear the father of her child thrash and gasp as the last inch of his life fled him. Charles hit the streets. There was no idea of justice in his mind then, or truth. The only thing he cared for was revenge. He had killed the old man but not what the old man loved. Not the business. Not his legacy. He knew where the family met, he knew what their operations were, and he knew he was not going to take it all down with his fifteen year old hands. So he did what he had to, and with a lump in his gut he went to the police. He told them everything, and was swept away into a whirlwind of foster homes and shelters, none of whom could handle the growing paranoia in him. At age 17 he was committed to the Mercy Home for the Mentally Afflicted in Hub city. It was there he met Dr. Tyler Rhodes. A good man, but a tired man who had seen the horrors of the world first hand. He took to Charles, seeing in him a potential. He was crazy, yes, but he had the drive to make a change, to do something. He helped Charles come to terms with his history, and the murder he had committed. Then, he told Charles about the men who had killed his daughter and wife. Told Charles about the dirty cops and corrupt judges who let them get away with it. Then, he discharged Charles at the age of 19.

What happened next was predictable. Charles went after those men the doctor had told him about. This time, however, it was not for personal revenge or anger. It was for justice, it was for someone he considered a friend. He wore a cloth mask to hide his identity, and it was merely a week later that the Question was born out of necessity. He found those men, and brought them to proper justice. He exposed their secrets, playing a video tape of the Hub City DA brokering a deal with a known crime head across the city’s public access network. After all, what was a single judge when the entirety of the city was the jury?

Since then he has kept moving. He lives like a vagrant, always on the outskirts, never making any kind of meaningful connections. He upgraded his mask, a nighttime raid on a corrupt R&D company yielding him the breathable rubber that now made up his ‘face’. His quest, however, is the same is was from the night he broke from that closet. To find the secrets that corrupt and degrade society, to help people, to be a crusader for truth.

In recent nights, word came that there was a massive breakout of the criminally insane from some asylum in Gotham. Gotham, a city known for its shadows. A perfect place to ask some questions.

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: Misha Collins
Ons and Offs:
Ons: Charles likes violent women, and despite himself can’t resist one with a secret or two to hide.
Offs: Bad liars
For everything else see: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=5719

Everything looks great to me.  I definitely can't wait to see him in the story.  Approved by me.  Just have to wait on approval from either Black Howling or Lady Lunarius.

Quote from: Downfall347 on June 23, 2014, 10:21:13 AM
Alright, working up two characters now. Quick question, do the other DC cannon cities still exist in here? I ask because the Question was originally from Hub City but I can easily move his background to New York or something like that if you would rather keep it Gotham only.

To *try* and answer your question about other DC Cannon cities...  Personally, I'm alright with it, but I'm going to have to defer to the other two GMs on this matter.  They're more knowledgeable about canon and what can and won't work with the story.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Downfall347 on June 23, 2014, 10:57:00 AM
So apparently one thing of note, I am terrible at uploading images. They are either non-existent or massive.

Actually right under the heading of ==Character Bio== Is a place to put your image that way its resized for you. ^_^ Will read up on him shortly. I have to admit because I was confused like "Wait don't we have Vic but no I was mixing up characters. LOL
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Mista Q is approved by me. As for the other cities, mentions and such will be okay. So long as it's noted that any forays into such places are a big no at this time.

Downfall347

And for your approval, I bring you Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke.

== Character Bio ==
Legal Name:Slade Wilson
Alias: Deathstroke
Part of Gotham Residing In: Mid-town, Tulip Street, right across from the police station.

Standing six two with linebacker shoulders and an intense blue gaze Slade is plenty imposing before he even puts on his armor. He is in his late thirties, his hair almost finished with its march towards gray, and crow’s feet inching into the edges of his eyes. But rather than turning him into a kindly grandfather age has only sharpened the cold look in his eyes, or rather, his eye. Slade is missing his left eye, a fact which he covered up with an eye patch when out and about on the town. He dresses in simple suits that are nice enough to give him the illusions of semi-affluence without the baggage it brings. To most, he would seem just a well-dressed older gentleman, at least until he puts on his armor. When out as Deathstroke Slade wears fully concealing armor made up of interlocking ceramic plates and Kevlar pads, the entire getup colored a tactical black with burnt orange accents. His helmet, his most iconic piece, is divided down the middle between orange and black, the left black side of his mask lacking an eye hole as he lacks an eye. Strapped on his sides are a pair of pistols with an SMG on his belt and a broadsword on his back.

== Persona ==
To call Slade a sociopath would be to do a great disservice to his cunning. Slade is a perpetually prudent man, taking minimal actions to yield the greatest effect, thereby conserving valuable time and energy. Every step he makes and breath he takes from waking to sleep is done with a careful deliberation and strategy. To some he may seem overly cold, or even mechanical. However, the truth is that Slade is merely planning for violence at any given moment. He is a man with a long history and a lot of bodies in his proverbial skeleton closet, and he is all too aware that at any moment the piper could come calling his name. Hell, it’s the thrill of this risk which gets him out of bed in the morning. A bit of a narcissist Slade often remarks that there are no good challengers left to his skill, a claim which has yet to be proven wrong. This could be due to his meticulous, tactical mind. Or it could be because of the blunt viciousness he hides just beneath his skin, a turning eruption always brewing in preparation for blood.

== Key Skills ==
Master Swordsman
Expert Marksman
Expert Tactician
Cunning Intellect
Excellent Martial Artist
Extensive Black Ops Training

== Advantages ==
Extensive Training/Experience: Slade has been in the killing game for a long time and it shows. Trained in over a dozen fighting styles and a master of death he is a nightmare in combat, marrying genius tactical prowess with vicious savagery.

Powerful Backers: In his work as a soldier for hire and then as an Assassin Slade has made some friends in high places. Friends who can pull strings when he needs them to.

== Disadvantages ==
Pride: Slade has not been properly challenged in a decade, a fact which has only fed his sense of personal power. Suffering a defeat would likely drive him a little bit mad.

One Eye: His missing left eye can prove to be a serious hindrance to a cunning foe as his field of vision is effectively cut in half. Normally he makes up for this with extra effort and skill, but if one were good enough to notice and to figure out how to use it to their advantage it could be a very bad day for Slade.

== Background ==
For Slade Wilson, peace was never an option. He was raised in a military family, his father one of six brothers who had all enlisted at an early age, three of which whom had died in glorious combat. From his earliest years Slade was filled with stories of valor on the battlefield, of bloody victories and lost brothers. To most, like his brother Wilson, these stories inspired hope and a patriotic swelling of the heart. To Slade, however, they awakened a far different hunger. The blood, the violence, it washed over his young mind in a crimson tide. He dreamed of killing, or turning himself into a human weapon. At age seven he began, receiving boxing lessons from his father, and never stopped perfecting his craft to this day.

Eventually, Slade found his father could teach him no more. He had reached his limit in his hometown at the age of 16, and so he snuck off from home, caught a bus to a neighboring city, and tried to find a way into the Marines. It wasn’t easy, and he had to break some faces in, but eventually he managed to get a false identity that was good enough to fool the bored Marine recruitment officer. The next twelve years would prove to be the best of his life. He rose through the ranks quickly, proving himself a tactical genius and earning himself a place on the fast track to an officer seat. What’s more, he was selected for the Wintergreen Project. An elite unit of commandos, meant to be sent into active war zones and eliminate targets before anyone knew they were there. He led this squad for two years, during which time he amassed one hundred and sixty seven confirmed kills. He was being challenged, and whats more he was perfecting his craft. The icing on the cake came in the form of a special operations combat instructor named Adeline Kane. Their romance was a torrid affair marked by mutual violence and extreme passions, and near the end of Slade’s final term as an active military constituent, it bore a child. Slade and Adeline married, and tried to settle down into civilian life.

But, away from the thing he truly loved, Slade’s old itch began to grow again. In secret, he began taking jobs from a few select government officials. Seemed the government had a use for someone who was willing to kill a target off the books. For another five years he kept his secret. On weekdays, he was Slade Wilson, manager of a paper warehouse. On weekends, he was Deathstroke. Of course, as these affairs go, eventually the wife found out. A man named Jack Friendly came knocking one night and tried to kill Slade and his family in revenge for a hit Slade had pulled earlier in the year. He had no choice but to admit the truth to Adeline, who was naturally pissed. They fought, verbally, and then physically. The fight ended when Adeline shot him and put out his left eye forever. She left that night, taking with her their son and any shred of desire he had to be Slade Wilson.

From that night on he threw himself into Deathstroke. He began to drift from his old government contacts, instead taking jobs from whoever could pay. He made himself quite the reputation, and earned himself a spot on Interpol’s most wanted while he was at it. He perfected his art until rumors began to circulate that he was something more than human, a monster, a ghost. But, success has its cost. Deathstroke needed to be challenged, and the sad truth was that there were no good challenges left for someone of his caliber.

That was, at least, until The Batman hit the scene. A monster, a demon who prowled the streets of Gotham on some misguided quest for justice. It was too interesting a turn to ignore for Slade, and as of late he has moved his operation to the city. Gotham, filled with psychopaths and corruption, a perfect place for a merchant like him to ply his trade. All he needs now, is for someone to offer him a job.

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: Jeff Bridges
Ons and Offs:
Ons: He likes his women tough and able to give him a good fight
Offs: Weakness

Lady Lunarius

Working on my Falcone today
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Eternal Blade

== Character Bio ==
Legal Name: Irrelevant
Alias: Ra's Al Ghul
Part of Gotham Residing In: Doesn't believe in staying in one place long, besides Gotham should be ruins by New Years Eve.

== Physical Description == Just over six foot, with a wiry build from a lifetime of martial training, he has graying dark broan hair, and blue eyes. He's usually impeccably groomed and dressed, although his facial hair is kept in a style from an age long past.

== Persona == His brilliance and skill in combat is only matched by his arrogance. Elegant speech patterns in an unidentifiable accent add to the mystery of the man known as The Demons Head, but he has a seeming need to find those who are worthy and teach them 'lessons'. His arrogance, or confidence in some casses lends credence to his student teacher association with those he sees as worthy.

== Key Skills ==
Decades of Martial training and combat, especially in hand to hand combat, and fencing.
The accumulated knowledge of centuries.
Leadership.
Strategy and tactics.
Alchemy/Chemistry

== Advantages ==
Genius-Level Intellect
Leader of The Demon, and thus also the League of Shadows.
Ancient Meditation Techniques(Howling Knows what I'm talking about, I should think.)
In Excellent Physical Condition.

== Disadvantages ==
Arrogant: His very confidence can be his undoing as he's always thinking several steps ahead, and always believes he's correct. If he happens to be wrong, he'll certainly be unwilling to admit it.
Always seeking those he can teach: While this is usually an advantage, after all look at his vast organization and the resources it produces, the very aspect of the Master Student relationships he enters is a weakness.

== Background == A mysterious figure by necessity, it is believed that Ra's Al Ghul has been alive for centuries, Leading his organization, The Demon. Although only in the last few decades has The Demon started to work towards the goal of bringing civilization back from destroying the splendor of the Earth, it has met with limited success. So in a bid to stop mankind from advances beyond it's wisdom, Ra's is willing to cut back the human population to that of Medieval levels if necessary, and to ensure much of it's technology is lost. As a great deal of The Demon's past efforts had been thwarted by Wayne Enterprises, Ra's was forced to have Thomas Wayne, and his wife killed in the hopes that he could ruin Wayne Enterprises afterwards.

Depending on the viewpoint, this was either a mistake or a grand stroke as it caused him to later come into contact with Bruce Wayne after he disappeared, where he took the young man as his protege. Wayne Enterprises was crippled, and Ra's thought he'd finally found his successor. That proved incorrect, Ra's had miscalculated, Bruce Wayne's morals could not accept even the nature of the League of Shadows. After Wayne left, rather explosively, Ra's bid his time while planning, and then followed him to Gotham so they could finish what was started. In his efforts to destroy Wayne Enterprises, Ra's was prepared to raze Gotham to ashes, and with the League of Shadows backing him he thought for certain he would succeed. Bruce had matured into his ego as The Batman, however, and in a final confrontation Ra's was caught in an explosion.

The League of Shadows thought he was dead, The Batman thought he was dead, even his own daughter would be led to believe he was dead, but Ra's Al Ghul pulled himself back from death, and started making plans. Let them think him dead, the Wayne dynasty would fall yet, and with it Gotham. He gathered the full resources of The Demon around him, leaving out the League of Shadows until he could be certain of it's integrity, and had it start infiltrating Gotham on all levels, while he recovered from his injuries. Now that he has healed, he returned to Gotham to ensure it's destruction. Only through it's ending can life be remade.

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: Liam Nesson
Ons and Offs: My preferences can give you some idea, but their outdated and sightly confusing. I don't have many issues in general, but if something comes up I'm not shy about letting people know.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Downfall347 on June 23, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

== Character Bio ==
Part of Gotham Residing In: Mid-town, Tulip Street, right across from the police station.

Standing six two with linebacker shoulders and an intense blue gaze Slade is plenty imposing before he even puts on his armor. He is in his late thirties, his hair almost finished with its march towards gray, and crow’s feet inching into the edges of his eyes. But rather than turning him into a kindly grandfather age has only sharpened the cold look in his eyes, or rather, his eye. Slade is missing his left eye, a fact which he covered up with an eye patch when out and about on the town. He dresses in simple suits that are nice enough to give him the illusions of semi-affluence without the baggage it brings. To most, he would seem just a well-dressed older gentleman, at least until he puts on his armor. When out as Deathstroke Slade wears fully concealing armor made up of interlocking ceramic plates and Kevlar pads, the entire getup colored a tactical black with burnt orange accents. His helmet, his most iconic piece, is divided down the middle between orange and black, the left black side of his mask lacking an eye hole as he lacks an eye. Strapped on his sides are a pair of pistols with an SMG on his belt and a broadsword on his back.

== Persona ==
To call Slade a sociopath would be to do a great disservice to his cunning. Slade is a perpetually prudent man, taking minimal actions to yield the greatest effect, thereby conserving valuable time and energy. Every step he makes and breath he takes from waking to sleep is done with a careful deliberation and strategy. To some he may seem overly cold, or even mechanical. However, the truth is that Slade is merely planning for violence at any given moment. He is a man with a long history and a lot of bodies in his proverbial skeleton closet, and he is all too aware that at any moment the piper could come calling his name. Hell, it’s the thrill of this risk which gets him out of bed in the morning. A bit of a narcissist Slade often remarks that there are no good challengers left to his skill, a claim which has yet to be proven wrong. This could be due to his meticulous, tactical mind. Or it could be because of the blunt viciousness he hides just beneath his skin, a turning eruption always brewing in preparation for blood.

== Key Skills ==
Master Swordsman
Expert Marksman
Expert Tactician
Cunning Intellect
Excellent Martial Artist

== Advantages ==
Extensive Training/Experience: Slade has been in the killing game for a long time and it shows. Trained in over a dozen fighting styles and a master of death he is a nightmare in combat, marrying genius tactical prowess with vicious savagery.

Powerful Backers: In his work as a soldier for hire and then as an Assassin Slade has made some friends in high places. Friends who can pull strings when he needs them to.

== Disadvantages ==
Pride: Slade has not been properly challenged in a decade, a fact which has only fed his sense of personal power. Suffering a defeat would likely drive him a little bit mad.

One Eye: His missing left eye can prove to be a serious hindrance to a cunning foe as his field of vision is effectively cut in half. Normally he makes up for this with extra effort and skill, but if one were good enough to notice and to figure out how to use it to their advantage it could be a very bad day for Slade.

== Background ==
For Slade Wilson, peace was never an option. He was raised in a military family, his father one of six brothers who had all enlisted at an early age, three of which whom had died in glorious combat. From his earliest years Slade was filled with stories of valor on the battlefield, of bloody victories and lost brothers. To most, like his brother Wilson, these stories inspired hope and a patriotic swelling of the heart. To Slade, however, they awakened a far different hunger. The blood, the violence, it washed over his young mind in a crimson tide. He dreamed of killing, or turning himself into a human weapon. At age seven he began, receiving boxing lessons from his father, and never stopped perfecting his craft to this day.

Eventually, Slade found his father could teach him no more. He had reached his limit in his hometown at the age of 16, and so he snuck off from home, caught a bus to a neighboring city, and tried to find a way into the Marines. It wasn’t easy, and he had to break some faces in, but eventually he managed to get a false identity that was good enough to fool the bored Marine recruitment officer. The next twelve years would prove to be the best of his life. He rose through the ranks quickly, proving himself a tactical genius and earning himself a place on the fast track to an officer seat. What’s more, he was selected for the Wintergreen Project. An elite unit of commandos, meant to be sent into active war zones and eliminate targets before anyone knew they were there. He led this squad for two years, during which time he amassed one hundred and sixty seven confirmed kills. He was being challenged, and whats more he was perfecting his craft. The icing on the cake came in the form of a special operations combat instructor named Adeline Kane. Their romance was a torrid affair marked by mutual violence and extreme passions, and near the end of Slade’s final term as an active military constituent, it bore a child. Slade and Adeline married, and tried to settle down into civilian life.

But, away from the thing he truly loved, Slade’s old itch began to grow again. In secret, he began taking jobs from a few select government officials. Seemed the government had a use for someone who was willing to kill a target off the books. For another five years he kept his secret. On weekdays, he was Slade Wilson, manager of a paper warehouse. On weekends, he was Deathstroke. Of course, as these affairs go, eventually the wife found out. A man named Jack Friendly came knocking one night and tried to kill Slade and his family in revenge for a hit Slade had pulled earlier in the year. He had no choice but to admit the truth to Adeline, who was naturally pissed. They fought, verbally, and then physically. The fight ended when Adeline shot him and put out his left eye forever. She left that night, taking with her their son and any shred of desire he had to be Slade Wilson.

From that night on he threw himself into Deathstroke. He began to drift from his old government contacts, instead taking jobs from whoever could pay. He made himself quite the reputation, and earned himself a spot on Interpol’s most wanted while he was at it. He perfected his art until rumors began to circulate that he was something more than human, a monster, a ghost. But, success has its cost. Deathstroke needed to be challenged, and the sad truth was that there were no good challenges left for someone of his caliber.

That was, at least, until The Batman hit the scene. A monster, a demon who prowled the streets of Gotham on some misguided quest for justice. It was too interesting a turn to ignore for Slade, and as of late he has moved his operation to the city. Gotham, filled with psychopaths and corruption, a perfect place for a merchant like him to ply his trade. All he needs now, is for someone to offer him a job.

== Character Extras ==
Ons and Offs:

I like him!  You have an approval from me.

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

== Character Bio ==

== Persona ==

== Key Skills ==
Master Swordsman
Expert Marksman
Expert Tactician
Cunning Intellect
Excellent Martial Artist

== Advantages ==

== Disadvantages ==

== Background ==

== Character Extras ==
Ons and Offs:

Honestly, I'd prefer it if Deathstroke was in his forties. However, after chastising by Luna that such a hold was arbitrary, you have my approval!

Quote from: Eternal Blade on June 25, 2014, 08:13:51 PM
== Character Bio ==
Part of Gotham Residing In: Doesn't believe in staying in one place long, besides Gotham should be ruins by New Years Eve.

== Physical Description == Just over six foot, with a wiry build from a lifetime of martial training, he has graying dark broan hair, and blue eyes. He's usually impeccably groomed and dressed, although his facial hair is kept in a style from an age long past.

== Persona == His brilliance and skill in combat is only matched by his arrogance. Elegant speech patterns in an unidentifiable accent add to the mystery of the man known as The Demons Head, but he has a seeming need to find those who are worthy and teach them 'lessons'. His arrogance, or confidence in some casses lends credence to his student teacher association with those he sees as worthy.

== Key Skills ==
Decades of Martial training and combat, especially in hand to hand combat, and fencing.
Leadership.
Strategy and tactics.
Alchemy/Chemistry

== Advantages ==
Genius-Level Intellect
Ancient Meditation Techniques(Howling Knows what I'm talking about, I should think.)

== Disadvantages ==
Arrogant: His very confidence can be his undoing as he's always thinking several steps ahead, and always believes he's correct. If he happens to be wrong, he'll certainly be unwilling to admit it.
Always seeking those he can teach: While this is usually an advantage, after all look at his vast organization and the resources it produces, the very aspect of the Master Student relationships he enters is a weakness.

== Background == A mysterious figure by necessity, it is believed that Ra's Al Ghul has been alive for centuries, Leading his organization, The Demon. Although only in the last few decades has The Demon started to work towards the goal of bringing civilization back from destroying the splendor of the Earth, it has met with limited success. So in a bid to stop mankind from advances beyond it's wisdom, Ra's is willing to cut back the human population to that of Medieval levels if necessary, and to ensure much of it's technology is lost. As a great deal of The Demon's past efforts had been thwarted by Wayne Enterprises, Ra's was forced to have Thomas Wayne, and his wife killed in the hopes that he could ruin Wayne Enterprises afterwards.

Depending on the viewpoint, this was either a mistake or a grand stroke as it caused him to later come into contact with Bruce Wayne after he disappeared, where he took the young man as his protege. Wayne Enterprises was crippled, and Ra's thought he'd finally found his successor. That proved incorrect, Ra's had miscalculated, Bruce Wayne's morals could not accept even the nature of the League of Shadows. After Wayne left, rather explosively, Ra's bid his time while planning, and then followed him to Gotham so they could finish what was started. In his efforts to destroy Wayne Enterprises, Ra's was prepared to raze Gotham to ashes, and with the League of Shadows backing him he thought for certain he would succeed. Bruce had matured into his ego as The Batman, however, and in a final confrontation Ra's was caught in an explosion.

The League of Shadows thought he was dead, The Batman thought he was dead, even his own daughter would be led to believe he was dead, but Ra's Al Ghul pulled himself back from death, and started making plans. Let them think him dead, the Wayne dynasty would fall yet, and with it Gotham. He gathered the full resources of The Demon around him, leaving out the League of Shadows until he could be certain of it's integrity, and had it start infiltrating Gotham on all levels, while he recovered from his injuries. Now that he has healed, he returned to Gotham to ensure it's destruction. Only through it's ending can life be remade.

== Character Extras ==
Ons and Offs: My preferences can give you some idea, but their outdated and sightly confusing. I don't have many issues in general, but if something comes up I'm not shy about letting people know.

Since I've been hearing about this character ALL day, and got a sneak peak before you posted him, it should come as no surprise that he's approved by me.

Lady Lunarius

Slade Wilson

== Character Bio ==

== Persona ==

== Key Skills ==
Master Swordsman
Expert Marksman
Expert Tactician
Cunning Intellect
Excellent Martial Artist

== Advantages ==

== Disadvantages ==

== Background ==

== Character Extras ==
Ons and Offs:
I approve ;)

Ra's Al Ghul
== Character Bio ==

== Key Skills ==
Leadership.
Strategy and tactics.
Alchemy/Chemistry

== Advantages ==
Genius-Level Intellect

== Disadvantages ==

== Character Extras ==

I approve!!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

GnothiSeauton

== Character Bio ==

== Key Skills ==
Leadership.
Strategy and tactics.
Alchemy/Chemistry

== Advantages ==
Genius-Level Intellect

== Disadvantages ==

== Character Extras ==

Approved by me as well.

Welcome aboard! :)

Seeking New Stories