News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Robbery and Sean Miller

Started by Palbatross, April 16, 2014, 12:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palbatross

This is going to be a serialized story.  I'm going to go at it new every time.

"I didn't see them officer, I promise," said the drug store clerk.  "You know, not their faces. No one saw their faces."  The cop didn't believe the clerk.  The clerk was squirrely, looking around the breakroom, tapping his fingers on the chair. The clerk was hiding something.  But, the cop could only go so far.  This questioning was done.  "You can go Mr. Miller."  Sean Miller, twenty-five, squirrely, got up and left.  His shift had ended two hours ago, but they all had had to stick around because of the robbery.  It was a most unusual type of robbery. A car had crashed into the glass doors, two people, unhurt, got out, and seemingly decided to take some stuff just because they were there.  Were they known criminals, novices, high on powerful drugs?  Sean Miller suspected PCP, that's what he had told the cop, but it wasn't helpful.  What the cop needed was details, what exactly did they look like?  They had never looked at the camera, looking down the whole time, until they put pantyhose over their heads.
    "Don't touch that," Sean said to his little brother.  Sean fancied himself an inventor, and his Internet 2 prototype, a mess of fiber optic cables that plugged in to four different computers, connected to an expensive server tower was great for LAN parties.  You could play a hell of a MMORPG over that network.  It really was good, but no one cared.  In a world of geek millionaires, Sean was frowned on because he looked and acted like a burnout.  Internet 2 to Internet 2000, they'll never know. They've got their heads so far up...  "Sean, oh Sean baby."  It was his mother, a lovely woman who believed in him and couldn't tell that no one else did.  She opened the door, walking in with a crescent moon smile.  "Tim, go eat your breakfast baby," she said to Sean's brother.  "All right, Internet 2, coming to a world near you," she made a gesture like a curtain opening. "Hi, I'm Sean Miller, and have I got news for you.  I've created a new network  by tweaking some things here and there, allowing conventional 'Net conveyance vehicles to carry up to one million times the amount of data per second.  Also, using the same system of tweaked programming, interactive, touchable 3-D environments will be possible within ten years!  Whooooooo!  Look who didn't go to college now Tom from high school.  How's Internet 2 feel all over your face?"  He just let her go on and on.  His programming wasn't quite right, but when it was, everything she said could happen, and she would never work again.