News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

E is Freezing and not loading etc...

Started by Lady Lunarius, March 01, 2011, 01:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

Is anyone else having this issue? I've lost two posts earlier and this is happening sporadically. I know of 3 people having this issue, are we just special? It either takes forever and a day to load. Or even has shut down my browser cause it froze up.  Just curious really. ^_^ Is a maintenance going on or something?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Oreo

More than likely this was due to the end of the month server clean up. If it is still persisting, try using the cookie cleaner in the upper right corner of the forum page (next to the red arrow for the SB).

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

olive

I've been having the same issue, Lunarius. I didn't lose any posts because I copied them once I realized the page was frozen, and just came back and posted later.  But it has been freezing on me too, sometimes lagging out saying 'page cannot be found'.

Mithlomwen

I've been having that same problem as well.  Or if I sign out of Firefox and come back later, it will give me the message that the server cannot find the address.  So I'm not sure if it's an E issue or a Firefox issue. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

stormkitten

I am having the trouble on IE too. It started with just the spellcheck, then the rst of the site keeps coming up and down.
"I thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?"

~Twisted Romance & Dark Tales~
*Extreme: Pregnancy & Breeding* 
ONS and OFFS

Lord Drake

I think at one time the server had serious problems... I know that Caeli has notified Veks of the problem. Let's see what the Uber-Boss says...
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

olive

Quote from: Mithlomwen on March 01, 2011, 07:19:29 AM
I've been having that same problem as well.  Or if I sign out of Firefox and come back later, it will give me the message that the server cannot find the address.  So I'm not sure if it's an E issue or a Firefox issue.

I use Google Chrome, Mithlomwen, if that helps.

Oreo

It's working fine for me again. Maybe the server just did it's thing three hours early.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Izu

Erm... I thing the server did its thing on time. It's the first of the month, and E usually dies from 9-10am to 12-something pm Eastern European Time. Which is... 2-3 to 5-something am EST. Ever since Elli came back I haven't had any problems.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Vekseid

This was my host's issue. We lost network connectivity for a time.

Unfortunately I can't afford a host with a more stable connection and this sort of hardware : /

Vekseid

Apparently someone else on our host got DDOSed : /

Lady Lunarius

~Breaks out the nerd to dummy dictionary..~

uh huh????? what's that mean?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Oniya

DDOS = Directed Denial of Service.

Basically, it's like getting all your friends to call up this one person with the sole intent of keeping their line busy so they can't do anything.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lady Lunarius

Oooh okies thanks. I'm a bit illiterate when it comes to certain aspects of computers
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Vekseid

Distributed denial of service.

About a hundred random machines around the Internet could bring down Elliquiy, for example, just by flooding it with inbound traffic. About ten thousand will swamp just about any webhost. There are botnets with hundreds of thousands of machines in them.

Lord Drake

Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Lady Lunarius

Lol Drake. Getting ideas are you? :P

Thanks guys for explaining to this ditz <3
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Oniya

Not a problem.  Mr. Oniya is not as technically inclined, and explaining the differences in RAM and hard drive space gave me a lot of practice.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

jouzinka

LOL, Oni. Try explaining how the HDD works. :-\

I used the LP and a gramophone and am so proud of that allegory. XD
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Oniya

We're old enough to remember vinyl, and young enough to understand CDs.   ;)  The fact that some people refer to both as 'memory', and use similar measurement units, especially now that there are computers that have an amount of RAM larger than my last computer's hard drive capacity, made things confusing for a bit.

Oreo

Blarrrrggg, it is happening again today.

Kye

Just happened to me too, but once it finally came up I cleared the cookies and it hasn't done it since.  Of course that's probably just a coincidence.   ::)

Oreo

It could be since I just cleared my cookies yesterday when the first incident happened.