[D&D5] The Last Ray of Light (Epic fantasy, Group or solo) CLOSED

Started by FragarachZ, February 10, 2015, 10:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikka

Quote from: FragarachZ on February 14, 2015, 10:36:02 PM

If there are 2 lightbearer and 6 others applying it might be 2 groups yes, but they'll run entirely paralell, not within the bounds of the same story. There is no backup plan for Lux. You all are her only backup plan.
If there is less than two groups, I'll handpick people based on character concepts and post qualities. If there is one full group and maybe 1-2 more people, if they agree the second game can be a solo game or it can be just them in that second group?

Well good luck to us all then.  But it seems we'll get our chance to play in this campaign, one way or the other.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Far eyes

Name: Anna Belmont

Anna dos not look like divine wrath incarnate, in fact she looks more like a tiny curvy woman in her late 20s perhaps like a favorite aunt that never quiet got around to marrying because she was always a bit silly but always fun to visit with a cake or some other sweets to be had, warm sweet milk on a cold day and a good stew. This is mostly because she was with no grater ambition then to live her life in peace and to see the children of her 2 sisters and one brother grow. She would have been content in this life but for one day when catastrophic came to her small community, evil of a real nature armed wild brigands as good as monsters. They came to her small community and the few armed men stood no chance to protect the little town what did they know of martial craft or the way of war they were farmers. And worse could have happened, until the tinny slightly silly aunt picked up a sword and slew 10 armored men almost without stooping for a breath.

After that Anna was still her self, but not quiet she still enjoyed those things she did always she still liked to see her brothers and sisters boys grow but she herd the call and had to answer.

Class: Fighter
Race: Human
Martial Archetype: Battle Master
Background: Nobel (Though a very low lesser kind like poor land nobility)

Words: "When good men do nothing evil thrives" 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=92966

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

rikka

To recap now we have two running for the Lightbringer slot if that is correct. And four players for the companions of the Lightbringer.

Far eyes -  Anna Belmont, Paladin (Lightbringer?)
Muse - Aria, Cleric? (Lightbringer)
Miroque - Elizah, Cleric (Lightbringer)
rikka - Thalya Balworth, Sorcerer
Togashi - Varis Galanodel, Ranger
tuckers02 - Alyssa, Fighter
Autocad - Evelynn Anastasia, high elf Wizard

Ons/Offs

Far eyes

Personally i always prefer DnD parties be a little bit bigger then 3 people but that's mostly personal preference.

On a slightly different note, if anybody wants to be a relative of Anna give me a poke

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

Muse

Um...  Eyes, I'm pretty sure all the paladins are dead.  ^_^;; 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

I'm gonna have a Wizard or druid in as well. i know I said that already, I've just had my brain caught in something else and haven't been able to apply it. But that's what tomorrow is for!

Autocad

rikka

Quote from: Muse on February 15, 2015, 06:18:27 AM
Um...  Eyes, I'm pretty sure all the paladins are dead.  ^_^;;

Unless he's running for the Lightbringer position.

Ons/Offs

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Far eyes

Quote from: rikka on February 15, 2015, 06:48:45 AM
Unless he's running for the Lightbringer position.

I dident read anything from the game setting that would indicate that paladin was not avalibe, neither from the GMs replay to my initial post and no i have no interest in the light-bringer spot i was looking more for a protector type roll

A/A

rikka

Quote from: FragarachZ on February 10, 2015, 10:46:44 AM
Hello E!

House Rules

-All characters must be of good alignment.
-The party will know eachother at the start of the game. Being family members or romantically involved is possible, though it is hard to be lovely-dovely when everything around you seems doomed.
-Characters can be either male or female, and everyone in the world is considered bisexual unless otherwise noted.
-Experience points will not be used. Levels will be bestowed on the party at certain points of the story, and after difficult challenges. For players who like to plan their character advancement: don't expect to reach double digit levels.
-One character will be designated as the lightbearer: this character must be a first level cleric or paladin at the start of the game. Multiclassing is allowed into any class open to the other player characters as long as the character fulfills the normal requirements for that class. The lightbearer will begin with starting gold by their class, and additional equipment they obtain at the start of the game.
-Characters other than the lightbearer start at level 3, single or multiclass from the following class list: Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard. Multiclassing works as usual, but requires someone to learn from.
-The party will own a ship and its crew as the start of the game. One character other than the lightbearer may be the owner of the ship, otherwise the captain is a friend to the party.
-No day-night cycle. The world is in a perpetual twilight until divine order is restored.
-There are only two deities: Lux and Tenebrax.
-All divine magic is "good" in this game, consequently there are no clerics or paladins of other alignments. Tenebrax has warlocks instead.
-Magic originates from "evil" in this game. Other than the racial abilities of certain races (like eladrin), arcane magic comes from imitating the powers that minions of Tenebrax possess. Wizards discovered arcane magic researching the evil creatures, and devised a method to use the same sort of power without being corrupted. Sorcerers have an inner taint that allows them to use the same magic, and warlocks tap into the power of Tenebrax directly.
-There are no fey lords in this world, though celestials (servants of Lux) and fiends (servants of Tenebrax) exist. All warlocks are either infernal or star pact and as an opposite to clerics, evil aligned. For the same reason, Oath of the Ancients is unavailable for paladins.
-Bardic/song magic along with primal/druidic magic are not aligned. The former taps into the soul of creatures, the later into the spirit of the land.
-No dragonborn/drow/half-orc/tiefling characters. They don't exist and most half-orcs are about 3 years old, horrifying the world that monstrous races can breed with humans. 
-No kung-fu monks, ninjas, samurai and so on. I'm sorry, but I like my western mediaval culture-based world to be such.
-Permanent magic items are all unique, and cannot be created by mortal beings, with the exception of spell scrolls and potions that require more knowledge and resources than the PCs will have access to initially. Translation: loot is found, not made.

Unless he'll say otherwise.

Also his reply indicated the assumption you're going for both lightbearer and non-lightbearer applications.

Ons/Offs

Far eyes

Oh.. hmm i must have read that together, somehow assumed the light-bringer thing was cleric only i guess because everybody was picking cleric for it. Am well snap... i kind of like my paladin but i really have no interest in light-bringer

EDIT: I guess if we cant do paladin i will go fighter....  though i really kind of wanted paladin

A/A

Autocad

Evelynn Anastasia
High Elf Wizard

Quotes:

"Once upon a time, in another lifetime, I dealt in the finest silks and spices, to those with the most refined tastes. Today, I deal with the most faithful servants of Tenebrax, in the most exquisite means of death and destruction."

"Hark! One last banner unbowed in the sky.
So long as Eagle sings his freedom cry,
For this eternal truth we fight and die -
Dulce et decorum est pro lux mori!"

Background:

Centuries ago, a young elf fled home and signed up aboard a merchant vessel. Over the years she worked her way up, under different traders and different vessels, from a lowly cook's mate, to ship's officer, and finally to captain of her very own ship. She finally saved up enough gold and gathered enough financial backers to strike out on her own as an independent trader, dealing in the trade of exotic goods between shores near and far. There were a few setbacks along the way, but she recovered from each one the wiser from the experience, and eventually managed to form her own trading company with her own modest fleet of merchant vessels.

With wealth came the ability to pursue a hobby, and Evelynn discovered natural philosophy. As company owner she no longer needed to take to the seas personally, having captains to sail her ships, but still she would travel along on voyages of commerce to distant lands, where besides the business of buying and selling she also studied and made extensive notes of foreign flora and fauna.

Then the terrible day of Lux's fall came, though Evelynn was fortunately away from Latun on voyage at the time and managed to escape the worst of it personally. The writing on the wall was clear to her, though - long decades of trade had given her the ability to predict future prices, to an extent that seemed almost clairvoyant to the layman, and she could see that under Tenebrax's regime life would be cheap and mercy unable to be bought, not even for a mountain of gold. The elf still had many years of natural life ahead of her, and even if they weren't cut short, living them out in unending darkness was definitely not on her agenda, she decided.

In her voyages she had met many foreign merchants, many of whom had a trick up their sleeve she had not seen before to come out on top in a transaction - tricks which she had learned and applied herself to great effect afterwards. The minions of Tenebrax were no different, they had ways, powerful ways indeed, to overthrow the forces of light, but their methods could be learned and turned back against their own. Capturing monsters was an expensive proposition, and maintaining their imprisonment even more so, but she viewed it as a worthy investment. After three years of study into the evil creatures' ways, utilizing all the tools and skills she had acquired from dabbling in natural philosophy, Evelynn finally did it - she could wield Tenebrax's own weapons against his servants, the power of arcane magic at her fingertips. It was costly, a single ship remaining of her fleet, the others sold off over the years to fund her research, but such was the price of power.

Now she only needed to find others like herself, who were willing to do what must be done, to defeat Tenebrax, restore Lux, and return the future to the land...

tuckers02

Hey Autocad, Since both of our characters served on a merchant ship, maybe they served together.  That way if we're in the same party one of us was serving under the other.  Since you specifically want captain and I didn't care but would have a ship if no one else did, I would be happy to have Alyssa serving under her.  Or maybe Alyssa is the captain of one of the ships in her fleet.

Autocad

How about Evelynn is the ship owner and Alyssa is the captain who actually sails the vessel?

Heh, serving under her...

tuckers02

FragarachZ

Quote from: rikka on February 15, 2015, 08:49:21 AM
Unless he'll say otherwise.

Also his reply indicated the assumption you're going for both lightbearer and non-lightbearer applications.

This. What I meant by applying to both roles is that you can submit more than one character. The lightbearer is level 1 though, lackignin experience compared to the others. There are no other divine characters anymore, the rest of the clerics and paladins are dead or powerless. If you want to play one, they will start at first level being the lightbearer. Lux has no more power than to support one faithful with spells and abilities, and she'll do so with the one who hold the last spark of her uncorrupted essence.
O&O

Far eyes

Quote from: FragarachZ on February 15, 2015, 12:36:47 PM
This. What I meant by applying to both roles is that you can submit more than one character. The lightbearer is level 1 though, lackignin experience compared to the others. There are no other divine characters anymore, the rest of the clerics and paladins are dead or powerless. If you want to play one, they will start at first level being the lightbearer. Lux has no more power than to support one faithful with spells and abilities, and she'll do so with the one who hold the last spark of her uncorrupted essence.

Yes i gathered as much once it was pointed out, i have light dyslexia and sometimes i read what i expect to read and not whats there. I was a bit in a hurry and a bit tired when i wrote it up so i blame that. But i think the best solution would just be for me to make her a fighter instead. Unless the group could use a bard type more.

A/A

Chulanowa

Della "Sparrow" Pelgrenn
NG Human Druid of the Forest Circle

Della never knew her true parentage. According to her adopted parents, they found her as a babe, swaddled in a rough wool blanket amid the barley during harvest season. No woman in the village had been carrying, and the village elders had no better ideas, do Dorf and Mae Pelgrenn took the little girl into their lives. Three months later, a trio of men came from the Iarthwood to visit the Pelgrenns; one in robes of green, another in a black cowl, and the third wearing little enough to make Mae's cheeks burn. of course one did not displease the Watchers i nthe Woods, so when they asked to see the girl, the Pelgreens turned her over for their inspection. As abruptly as htye had arrived, the three men leeft, speaking in their odd language.

It was naught but an odd bit of gossip for hte village, those first few years. Della grew as any peasant girl might, tending chickens and helping glena hte fields after harvest, spending winter twining wool and feeding the cattle. By accounts, she was growing into what would be a fine woman, sensible and solid, if a bit on the wild side. But that's just as some children are, the saws would note.

On the eve of her tenth birthday though, the men came again, looked as though htye had not aged a day. Once again, they demanded an inspection... when Dorf balked at letting the woodmen examine the child he had come to know as his daughter and menaced the men with a hay fork, they eldest-seemign of htem simply sent him spinning with a gust of wind. partly out of fear for her father, and partly out of a strange yearning, Della stepped forward. When these rough elders concluded their examination and conferred among htemselves... she understood them.

Della left with them  that evening, against both her wishes and those of her parents. The dark rumors that the girl was to be used in strange rites and sacrificed to wolves was quickly hushed by the elders, but whispers persisted. As days dragged into weeks, months, and htne years, it was simply assumed that della's fate had ben found at the bottom of one of hte iarthwood's sticky bogs. Though htye mourned, Dorf and mae had little option to go about their lives.

The truth was... quite a bit different. There were wolves, and bogs, and strange rites of course... but Della had been chosen to join in, to root herself in the soil of hte forest, to dance among hte animals and sing into the sky. of course at first hte girl was terrified - they always are. The stern guidance of the archdruids was a terrifying ting for the girl, but once she figured they meant her no harm, it was much easier. do these shores. Carry this message. sit, and listen to this story. learn which mushrooms are good for food, which are poison, and which are for rites. tell animals by the faintest pawprint, feel the roots grow beneath hte soil.

Ten years she spent as an apprentice, traveling the wildernesses far from her homeland. Finally she was given a true initiation, and allowed ot determine her own path. Though she was warned that ten years was a long time and her family may not welcome their 'dead daughter' back, she decided that would be her first mission. Along hte way was the winter solstice celebration of latun and... well...

Three years later, the world is deeply unbalanced. Monsters rule, the trees scream for sunlight, and beasts prey on each other. Though druids do not bond htemselves to the gods - gods are fickle, mad beings whose whims defy the order of hte world - it's enough to recognize that the triumph of evil over good can only lead to harm. Della - calling herself Sparrow - has taken with a group of others now, seeing one final chance to restore light to the fallen world.

Personality: Sparrow is a plan enough peron, as far as she figures it. An orphan raised as a farmgirl and trained by the druids, she's an odd mix of worldly and naive. While able to read people (and animals) fairly well, but still socially awkward and a little graceless. Even in the face of the current darkness, she maintains a sliver of cheer, even if tinged by fatalism - even if Tenebrex "wins," there are powers beyond simple deities he has to contend with.

Sexuality: Totally inexperienced. She harbors a mix of girlish romanticism about love and romance... and also a streak of bare practicality regardign sex. But she's been a bit busy, over all this time, see...

rikka

Far eyes -  Anna Belmont, Fighter?
Muse - Aria, Cleric? (Lightbringer)
Miroque - Elizah, Cleric (Lightbringer)
rikka - Thalya Balworth, Sorcerer
Togashi - Varis Galanodel, Ranger
tuckers02 - Alyssa, Fighter
Autocad - Evelynn Anastasia, high elf Wizard
Chulanowa - Della "Sparrow" Pelgrenn, Druid

Guess we have a perfect complement of two groups now.  :-)

Ons/Offs

tuckers02

FragarachZ

That is entirely up to you guys ;)

I was hoping for a more balanced group of male/female heroes, but I guess I'll have to do with this. I'll handle it somehow I guess :)
O&O

tuckers02

Inerrant Lust

Looks interesting.... and I want to play around with 5e a lot more lately... but it seems like you're quite full on up as it is.  :-\

FragarachZ

You're welcome to submit a character, Inerrant. In a day or two I'll pick what PCs I like and we'll start up one or two groups of lightbearer+3 adventurers.

What role/character do you have in mind?
O&O