RIFTS Earth/PhaseWorld

Started by jeflint, October 07, 2017, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeflint

Well my character is a servant of Saric's character so she was purchased from the Splugorths for Saric's purposes.

Celes is a flirty/slutty, for me, character who is going to be easy to get to know.

Now as to how they tie together... Celes want's the make the world a better place. The world always needs a doctor and someone to body guard, which is Celes's job.

Now as to what Saric is planning... hard to say. :)

I just wanted to play Sexy Rifts. I didn't have to much in the way of planning involved there.

What's everyone else thinking? We all met up in a town, rebeled some individuals and decided we liked one another enough to team up to save the world? One orgy at a time?

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Saric

Well Kendra is trying to prove she has a place among the Gods. Many of whom are kind of dicks and are best known for causing calamities. So basically she just have to do something big, preferably using technology, whether it's good or bad is basically optional. :P

In other words she would have reason to join anyone on any kind of mission/quest/adventure of world altering proportions. So... anyone want to try and reunite the United States or something? :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

keyotess

Quote from: jeflint on October 30, 2017, 06:42:03 PM
Well my character is a servant of Saric's character so she was purchased from the Splugorths for Saric's purposes.

Celes is a flirty/slutty, for me, character who is going to be easy to get to know.

Now as to how they tie together... Celes want's the make the world a better place. The world always needs a doctor and someone to body guard, which is Celes's job.

What's everyone else thinking? We all met up in a town, rebeled some individuals and decided we liked one another enough to team up to save the world? One orgy at a time?

Hmm... jeflint, does Celes use magical healing?  Making sure we don't double up on an ability.  I have plenty of room to tweak Crystal. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Saric

Quote from: keyotess on October 30, 2017, 11:11:20 PM
Hmm... jeflint, does Celes use magical healing?  Making sure we don't double up on an ability.  I have plenty of room to tweak Crystal. :)

I don't think it matters in this system. Healing during a battle would just be a detail to earn an extra die, and after the battle it's basically assumed to have happened because this is a smut game and nobody wants to have sexy times with a sucking chest wound. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

jeflint

Quote from: keyotess on October 30, 2017, 11:11:20 PM

Technically celes can heal but she has to touch the tattoo and the person. If I recall correctly her healing tattoo is on her breast. So it's going to look like she's fondling herself. 😜

keyotess

Hmm...true, but I wouldn't be opposed to Crystal going more psychic in being able to track and see things beyond human senses. ;)  Would fit with her desire to track down her family's killer more. :)   Sixth sense, detect supernatural evil, clairvoyance and such. :)   This is stuff the first build of Crystal did a lot of too. :)

And if we make hunting demons as a starting point to their adventures, that could be something Kendra could use to prove herself.  And Crystal is hunting the demon that killed her family.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

jeflint

Quote from: keyotess on October 31, 2017, 04:54:39 PM
Hmm...true, but I wouldn't be opposed to Crystal going more psychic in being able to track and see things beyond human senses. ;)  Would fit with her desire to track down her family's killer more. :)   Sixth sense, detect supernatural evil, clairvoyance and such. :)   This is stuff the first build of Crystal did a lot of too. :)

And if we make hunting demons as a starting point to their adventures, that could be something Kendra could use to prove herself.  And Crystal is hunting the demon that killed her family.

Sounds good to me. :)

Saric

Quote from: keyotess on October 31, 2017, 04:54:39 PM

The Action! is supposed to be kind of a general style, so why don't you make her Action 'Psychic' and then you can do tarot reading, sixth senses, etc. and just throw into, I don't know, 'spirit healing' or healing with crystals or whatever on an as needed/wanted basis?

keyotess

Quote from: Saric on October 31, 2017, 08:01:32 PM
The Action! is supposed to be kind of a general style, so why don't you make her Action 'Psychic' and then you can do tarot reading, sixth senses, etc. and just throw into, I don't know, 'spirit healing' or healing with crystals or whatever on an as needed/wanted basis?

Hmm...does the Action include non-combat stuff? 

Saric

Quote from: keyotess on October 31, 2017, 08:36:33 PM
Hmm...does the Action include non-combat stuff?

I don't think this system cares about the non-combat stuff so it doesn't matter? :P

MadPanda

This system can be used for non-action stuff, but this particular incarnation will likely be as Wuxia s anything Matrix-y.

Here's the thing. If your concept covers or includes psychic abilities, then you may always invoke pscionics as a detail for whatever it is you are doing, and you do not need to reference your brain melting oogabooga powers as a Trait.

If your concept would not normally involve pscionics, then you will want to use a Trait on them (Action! Or Profession) to avoid a possible veto on something.

Clear as mud?
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

keyotess

Clear as mud!! :)

So would this be an okay Concept:

A Mystic wields both magic and psionics.  They can sense different aspects and happenings on the physical and metaphysical levels of life can often glimpse the future and supernatural.

MadPanda

Mystic would be a fine concept!  It's Magic!  It's Psionics!  It's two great tastes in one!
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

keyotess

Awesome, I will adjust Crystal. :D

Mac84

I have a Trucker character For a dislocated Steampunk story that may work in this, just not a hundred percent sure.

WIP/Potential Character Sheet.

Name: Jeremiah Wesson

Physical description: Older (35+), bearded with reddish hair, standing at 5'11", hazel eyes, faded tattoos.

Concept Trucker/Cargo Hauler. 

Motivation: (5) Wanting to live as "Normal" a life as one can. Find a nice woman, possibly make a family.

Action: (4) bar room brawler (He fights Dirty if he has to)

Profession: (3) Truck Driver, (Drives huge loads of supplies between the coalition of States settlements, and to the smaller intermediary settlements in an enormous Rig that he calls
Rosy
, Ala Mad Max.)

Weakness: (1) A good stiff drink

Chi: Key? Yeah, I got mah keys, right 're on me belt! (3)