D&D: Stolen Virginity

Started by CaptainErotica, March 28, 2010, 08:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

You can start sending me your C-sheets. I apologize if i haven't gotten back to you on any Pm's you've sent me. I will PM everyone with the magic items they may start with from among their wish list. Everyone who has expressed interest is in. So if you are still interested go ahead and roll up the character and PM it to me.

@Vidoespirit. If you can send me the class info I will check into it.

Voidknight

Alas, too late I am, but if a spot opens up at any point, I'd just love to play a Paladin of Serene!

BenedictWolfe

Since I'll be passing on this, you'll still have time to send ina sheet.

Voidknight

Errr Wow, I'd just like those starting stats verified, that I did them correctly, or have I misunderstood you on how it works?

CaptainErotica

I'm still waiting on C-Sheets. I know a few of you are waiting on some answers form me and I will send you a reply -probably tomorrow. I've been a bit tired the last few days, but I should be back up to speed by tomorrow.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I did send C-sheet through PM but it asks approval overall.

Tagan

If there is time, I'll give you a character.  A Nymph Divine Oracle, 7LA, 6HD, 3 Divine Oracle Levels.

Would that work?

BigBuckBob

I'm interested if you decide to run a second group.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

argent wings

I'd like to express interest. I know that you've got a lot of people so far, but I'm happy to be on the reserves list in case a slot opens up or if you decide to run a second game. I'll start working on a character concept and sheet, just in case.

Kate

im interested also.

The failing most of these attempts have is that the storyteller (being the bottle neck and depedant resource) needs to put in proportionally a lot more effort .. which wanes after a while.... perhaps 2 storytellers ? or two groups ?

I would love to join ... if there is a slot free or a second group another will story tell please pm me !

ff

I might also be interested if there's room (and good point Kate).

A char concept the plot planted in my mind, was a virginal priestess or archer (think the cult of Artemis) or monk or paladiness (a la cult of Athena), possibly of the same goddess, Serene, who's been tasked by other Serene clergy to investigate this transgression.

btw, I love the Divine Oracle PrC, and always thought it had a virginal-priestess feel to it, and likely would've thought of it for a priestess myself. But if Tagan or the DM don't want two of the same PrC as her char, that's absolutely fine and understandable. (In terms of realism, you perhaps would expect several of certain PrCs in a given region and none of others, rather than 1 of each, as they're often associated with certain organizations/churches/races/etc. ). Or if even two clerics is too redundant for you - would Serene have druids?

I love paladins, monks, and rangers too as I mentioned....if you have a sense of the current party class balance, I could try to round out that.

Maybe a divine-ish archer [Divine Archery feat?] (likely not Divine Oracle in that case, it has mage BAB iirc)....like Rosa from Final Fantasy IV.

Kate

hey ff i really think that you should present characters that you want to play. Having more than 1 of the same type can add a lot - its not redundant. Agroup would exploit advantanges - having two etc priestesses allows more flexibility in many ways - also we do have what appears to be two workable groups forming. It would be good if we meet up later. It may be great if we start with two groups as after 1 month or so some drop out for whatever reason - and combining the two later could become a workable group size.

Even if there were two priestess there would be enough differences for them to have different "leans" - i think role play is important ... perhaps they are friends with each other ? Some rituals etc may need 2 priestess (some singing chants or whatever may need more than one)

ff

Thank you for your encouragement Kate. Merging groups (potentially with diff./joint DMs as you offered above) is rather clever, and you're quite right about players dropping (also I enjoy branch/merge in plots - like the three way split at the beginning of the Two Towers.)

I've always loved the idea of joint castings....wish there were more about it in the core materials. It certainly has a precedent in folklore (trios of witches, etc.)

I just remembered nymphs cast as druids (I think I misremembered b/c my old DM had a minor NPC which he gave cleric spells to instead). In which case, a nymph druid and human/elf cleric Divine Oracle are perhaps more functionally different than, say, two human clerics w/ diff PrCs.

If I do a ranger a/o paladin I might be interested in making her a half-fey (half-sister or cousin of Tagan's char?). Ohh, now I'm torn.

Kate

go with what you feel is more fun to role play, not what is most powerful i think - in which case i think choose the one with a weird race you relate to (even if that makes you less powerful).

I want to make a sorceress that specailises in mind control - I want to join but i think the player limit has been met.

Storytellers please advise.

ff

Agreed.

Ooh, I lurves me a sorceress enchantress....the charisma casting is so *perfectly* appropriate! And they oughtn't wear armor so the costume is all up to you! (Well ok a mithril chain shirt is ASF 0%.....but yeah...)

If the limit has, we can keep the concepts around for some other campaign that pops up or we start.

Kate

well ff if we cant get into this one (i think my interest was posed too late - not sure about yours).

I would adore to start as friends of your character - ideally your not too "good".

Mind control and body morphing of others would be my characters thing ... other than being a greedy bitch and wanting magical items for myself and my friends.

... I love being mischievous so much more fun than being "good".

ff

I didn't post until after you did, so if you are late, I am. (I'd glanced at the thread before, after it was full, but somehow when I saw yours I thought 'what the heck'.)

Starting as friends would be great. Very nice for fleshing out backstories and for being able to reference common things in banter, have private jokes and hand signals etc. (Also it's funny how the nature of campaigns is that characters tend to form in sudden groups rather than from pairs and trios upward. My old DM always tried to explain this with the staples like a sudden call to arms or job posting or invasion etc.)

"Greed is good", altruism (among chars who hardly know each other) is not always roleplayed realistically...and bitchiness can be humorous (and sexy). I myself have tended to play goodly characters with a cause/ethos....who are still profit-motivated and about as materialistic as anyone in real life (after all, those magical items fund the greater cause). It's too hard for me as a play to turn down shinies to play a char who really doesn't care. Mechanically, my group generally did a thing where each PC would 'buy' what they wanted from the spoils at the sell price, with coinage to settle the inevitable asymmstries (coinage and debt, which takes some plausible trust among chars, modulo it being in everyone's survival interest for stuff to get distributed strategically). In a less goodly group, whoever's got the best Appraise could really game it, lol.

My character would  probably be goodlier and more idealistic than yours, which could make for amusing banters and discussions and catfighting and the like. Although when I was thinking about my fav cleric spells, I thought she might be a little bit of a pyro.