The Creators

Started by Silver, January 26, 2013, 07:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

This is an idea for a group game that I've had in the back of my mind for quite a few years. Back in 2009 I tried to get thing started but I had no idea at all what I was trying to do but this time around I know more and I know that I will need some GM'ing help as I am use to one on one solo games, not group games at all what so ever. So if you came bear through reading all of what I have below, I would be most grateful.

The Woman with the Silver Hair:

(This is was my first post for the solo games that have failed and also the base of everything that's going on)

December 20, 2012 would be the end of 13th b'ak'tun as stated within the Mayan calendar. The following day, December 21, 2012 was suppose to be the beginning of the fourteenth b'ak'tun. Many people believed that was to be the day  that the world would meet it’s end. There were many groups formed, so which wanted to stop the world from ending. And the others whole welcomed the ending of the world with open eyes and arms since something new would come of it, but were both sides gravely misguided or actually correct with their teachings. That was an answer which wouldn’t be discovered nor known until it was actually too late.

Aurora was never a person who believed within all of those things, the hype that the world was coming to an end or that anything horrible could happen just a mere three days before Christmas, save for perhaps one of those family gatherings which might have a few less than stellar people once it was over. But in the back of her mind, Aurora knew that something was feeling very off after a friend had pointed out, that her once dark brown hair was beginning to turn gray even when it looked more silver within the sun and moon light. It was played off at first that perhaps there was just a bit of stress in her life that was making the hair change color, but when more and more strands turned silver that theory was proven to be false. Slight changes continued to happen over time like, such as once bluish-gray eyes were turning into a bright silver shade which left many doctors stunned. Each one had no answers like the last, was it a disease or some chemical imbalance, no one had any answers for Aurora. Next would come the odd dreams which only held a bright silver light most times, other times the silver light was mixing with midnight blue or all of the colors known to man. Those changes began to slowly bother Aurora more and more within the passing days, until finally eyes and hair were both indeed the brightest shade of silver, just two days before people thought the world was ending.

The events which took place during the early morning hours of December twenty-first were so many which Aurora couldn't stand to think about for more than a few seconds at a time, yet she was forced to stare at the aftermath left right before her eyes. Aurora seemed to be the only person left alive, to now deal with the fact that perhaps there was no one else who was lucky enough to have survived. If she had only bothered to turn on the television before leaving her apartment, been able to learn that odd things were happening all around the United States let alone the whole wide world. A plan could have been made, something done but it hadn’t been. She had woken up and gone outside, outside to witness the end.

Everything began to happen so quickly, first snow began to fall while she was outside trying to grab those few last minute gifts for Christmas. Up at the sky Aurora looked almost in awe of the beauty of the clouds color, a blue which was called steel blue not the normal gray ones. The light falling snow began to fall down to the ground faster and harder before it suddenly turning into hard pouring rain. All of the people outside were more than just a bit shocked, quick the falling water was to soak anything it landed on right to the bone. It only took a moment of time before Aurora started running to the closest shop on the street to get out of the odd weather, it seemed she wasn’t the only person with that thought in mind. People were moving right and left to get out of the storm, no one had remembered anything about a freak storm being reported on the weather the night before. She would never reached that shop in sight for winds so fast were felt, able to blow anyone and anything away save for herself. There Aurora stood in the middle of the rain and wind looking around and wondering what the hell was going on. ”Why can’t the wind pick me up and throw me around, why am I still standing here? Run goddamnit run..” That fear which was being felt pumping through her veins, was more than real suddenly. Aurora broke into a run trying to get close to anyone that she could to help.

Into the air people were being sucked, around in different directions they would be taken. To help, to try and stop this, this odd force was the only thing upon Aurora’s mind, trying to reach out and touch anyone since the wind was having no affect on her what so ever. Thanks to not paying more attention to the sky, the sudden funnel cloud forming in the air wasn’t seen. Far too late it would be seen touching down to the ground within just six seconds. She simple only stared with parted lips while suddenly standing dead still as if that would save her. Aurora needed to run or at the very least move away and take whatever people she could with her. Everything began to speed up as that tornado moved quickly towards her after hitting the ground. The scream of the word "No", was given as her eyes remained opened and arms moved to cover her head. Suddenly the tornado moved around Aurora before heading in another direction as several other began to touch down from the sky. Those newer tornadoes came towards her yet she wasn't lifted off the ground like all of the other people around. She remained grounded for some reason that wasn’t understood nor even thought about really. The thoughts of why and how this could be happening came to mind, “No, stop it stop it..“, was screamed before her eyes suddenly shut and she fell to the ground. Then everything just went blank for Aurora, no longer a witness to the rest of what would happen, the death and blood which would be seen everywhere.

Hours later or was it days later Aurora would awaken to see broken bodies scattered all about the ground, those of random people and even small children. Building were reducing to nothing but fallen walls and dust, it was like being in the twilight zone. At first she stood up very slowly and began to look around thinking that there had to be someone else who had survived , but as time went on no one was seen nor any sounds heard. Panic came as debris was thrown about, praying to uncover a person who would still be breathing. That prayer went unanswered as body after body found was lifeless and broke. Back upon her heels Aurora sat looking up the to sky and clouds which had returned to the normal color, "Why me..why..why..How am I the only one left..Why was I spared, why!! I can't be the only one..Oh God..there has to be someone else other than me..Please let there be someone else other than me..", was thought the thought which went through her mind. It was then within that moment she vowed to find another who had survived and was still alive.

Now here were my ideas for how I saw things going. In time Aurora would finally find someone else, a man who had survived but they would be just like her, hair and eyes matching in color, overly so. Once their fingers touched one another when emotions where at a high point, such as in sudden anger of the feeling of belonging once again. A feeling of sudden uneasiness would be felt by them both before everything around them just disappears. Within another world they would find themselves,or so they believed, for around them there would be no more signs of the destruction and horror they had been witnessed to.

The Creators:

(The idea where the group game comes in)

Into a form of a circle they would appear, around them were other people just like themselves, having the same color of hair which matched their eyes. Each color would seem to be there, never would there be two of the same. A person;  The highest God or Goddess as you may would come down from above and explain that they all were the Gods and Goddess of the past reborn into the modern world so that the end could be witnessed and understood. The task of everyone in the circle was to make themselves ready so that a decision could be made to either, create the world from anew once more or let everything remain as it was in ruin meaning that they were the end.

My one on one game was going to serve as a bit of a prologue, more or less explaining the Aurora and said writing partner. And I was going to encourage anyone else who wanted to do the same thing to do such as well. I could see this done with 8-10 players.

I'm just trying to see if there would be any type of interest in this just one last time before I give up on it. Be it with playing it out or finding someone who wants to attempt and CoGM with me, as I have somethings but I just perhaps need the input of someone else to make this into a truly wonderful game.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

AndyZ

Ordinarily I don't post for games that I'm probably not going to be in, but I think I have to say this:

This needs to be a novel.

You already have so much of everything planned and prepped.  The idea you've listed for the group game even seems to be a parallel to all the story that you've already come up with about Aurora and all such.  I feel like you have the seeds of a world already planted that you just need to work through.

Writing a novel definitely takes more effort than just RP, but when you already have so much of the idea in your brain, it can be really rewarding.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as out of line or anything.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Silver

It doesn't come across out of line or anything at all. I've actually tried the novel route after my failed attempt in 2009 as my NaNo in 2009... that didn't get very far either...

Perhaps it's simply time to just let go of it.
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

AndyZ

Mine took three and a half years also.  I also had to write the darn thing three times (except the final chapter, which I got away with writing just twice).  That's totally not a thing that's only you.

If you simply can't get rid of an idea, it's because your brain just aches to do it.  Sometimes it's just to tell you something about yourself that you don't really realize until it's all out of your brain and onto the page.

I didn't go the NaNo route, though.  I could never get something done in just one month unless I'd already written it and knew the whole thing cold, and had nothing else to do to boot.

How do I convince you to give the novel idea another try?  Even if only to write up an outline (and that's in your notes, not in the silly thing that English teachers use to make their students cry).
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Silver

My notes aren't really a very full outline at all just a few idea of how things could go. Nothing really special.

I might try it, I might not. I've given this the third and final try here, as if nothing come of it then maybe I'll have the novel route as a back up idea if I don't even up trying to do this again years from now...

AndyZ

Just don't give up.  That's very easy to say and very hard to accomplish, but you and I both know that it won't quit nagging at you just because you want to give up, so it's much better to just go with it.