News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Discussion-Astrology

Started by Sherona, September 19, 2008, 02:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherona

Ok, there are numerous Astrology threads, and I know I have found mine to be very right on target. Found myself wanting to explore more of my own, and others. The threads are hard to discuss in as there is a new LONG post of people's results, so I figured I would make a discussion thread.

1. Do not post your results here, that would void the point. Post in the appropriate thread, and highlight those choice tidbits and past over here.

2. Do feel fre to comment on other's results. For example, reading Green Thorn's Natal Graph I have to say its pretty much right on the money for much of hers.

---------------------------

QuoteYou have a deep and abiding interest in science, mathematics, and the great social problems of the day. Very sympathetic toward the downtrodden, equality is your battle cry! You demand that those in authority be fair to all. You are an intellectual -- emotions and emotional people are difficult for you to understand. You are known for being calm, cool, detached and objective.

Funnily enough I was just discussing my "mother hen" complex with Elandra yesterday. I tend to want to just take all the people I feel are wronged under my wing.

QuoteAffectionate, warm and friendly, life must be a "beautiful" experience for you. Unpleasantness should be avoided at all costs. You tend to overlook other people's faults and you would rather give in than fight. You are uncomfortable with strangers, but at ease and sociable with friends and associates.

When I first started to read this section I was like, "What? I am not affectionate warm or friendly type. Then I read further about the strangers and it hit me. I love cuddling, hugging, and what not with people I know /well/ and that takes a lot of time for me to work up to.

QuoteYou are not interested in casual or superficial relationships -- only deep emotional involvements interest you. Your faithful devotion is one of your greatest gifts, but be careful not to become too dependent on others.

This actually is the underlying reason I think that I enjoy the D/s relationship. To me its one of the most deep of emotional bond, and I truly am completely dependant. Its not a thing I think I enjoy being told, but its true none the less.

QuoteYour life must be orderly and practical and full of known and familiar routines in order for you to feel comfortable with yourself. Be careful, however, not to let "order" become the be-all and end-all of your life, or you may become cold, crass and unfeeling.

Again another reason I enjoy the D/s side of things. It is also the reason I get my hackles up when change to an environment I have come to feel comfortable in is discussed. Just give me a while and I will get used to changes, but I hate them..hate them when it comes to situations.

QuoteYou are very critical of yourself (and others), indeed at times quite self-deprecating.

This isone that hit home with me hard. I am overly critical of myself. I call it being "Self Aware" btu really its just nit picking thigns apart to find faults in myself. Because I hold myself up to impossibly high standards if I feel I failed to meet these standards I do slip into a guilt-driven depression. I also tend to hold others up to them, and thats not a good thing either.

Caity

This is something I had to share... Somewhere.  *lol*  It's like a huge revelation and explains so much.

I've been reading a book on Astrology (KISS Guide to Astrology).  It goes through all the signs, etc, and then starts teaching you how to build a birth chart.  I just completed mine.  And the first thing I noticed right away is that Mars and Venus are conjunct, and not only that, but conjunct in the first house.  Quick astro lesson:  Mars is masculine, associated with men, aggressiveness, etc.  Venus is feminine, associated with love, sex, women, submissiveness.  Conjunct is one of the angles planets can form with each other.  It is the most powerful aspect (angle) and greatly intensifies the effects of both planets.  The first house is the most important house of the birth chart and is associated basically with your entire being. 

Anyway, I had to look up precisely what it meant to have Mars and Venus conjunct, I knew it had to be something big.  This is what it says:

Your relationship with your parents will determine your attitudes towards the opposite sex and marriage for better or worse. Normally, this gives a harmonious blending of active and passive energies and makes you sensitive and loving unless both planets are under severe stress. Drive is generally expressed constructively. This aspect is an asset when it comes to relating to the public, and is said to give luck in financial matters.

This conjunction can vary dramatically from sign to sign, and tends to give you valuable insights into your earliest dealing with the opposite sex - including dealings with your opposite-sex parent, siblings, and peers.

You have very strong emotions. Because of their intensity, you find it hard to treat relationships lightly; everything, even the smallest gesture, has importance to you. This is true in almost all relationships; it's especially true when it comes to sex and romance. If there are problems in your love life, it could be beacuse you're being too pushy or coming on too strong.

This aspect stimulates affections in a way that causes you to want an all-consuming, 'forever' type of relationship; but, funnily enough, it also givesa flirtatious streak that continues even after you've entered into a satisfying relationship. I think that people with this aspect feel that it's especially important to remain desirable - not just to a mate or lover, but to the opposite sex in general.

As the conjunction is a uniting aspect, and Venus and Mars are the male and female principles, respectively, you might think, as I once did, that it's a portent of a lasting marriage. From my studies, I've learned that this isn't the case. While people with this aspect want a lasting relationship very badly, they suffer their fair share of squabbles and separations. There's a difference between this aspect and the square and opposition though, in that there seems to be greater reluctance to make the first break. Jealousy - sometimes justified, sometimes not - on one side or another seems to be the primary cause of discord.

This describes me exactly.  From not taking any relationship lightly, every gesture has meaning, to that pesky flirtatious streak that has gotten me in trouble with partners so many times.  *lol* 

Anyway.. Just had to share and remembered this thread.  It just explains so much.  If you want to make your own birth chart, you can go here:

www.astro.com  It's under horoscopes.  But I highly recommend drawing it yourself.  It's fun.  :)