Seven Samurai Style Setting and System (Legend of the Wulin perhaps?)

Started by ShadowFox89, October 13, 2016, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Looking to play in a Seven Samurai style game. For those who don't know, Seven Samurai is an old Japanese story that's passed from one form to another over the many years, but the basic story remains the same. Seven warriors are recruited to defend a village. One by one, they die, but the village is saved in the end. The goal of the game wouldn't be to make it to the end, but instead the story of just how badass a way you can go out in a blaze of glory.

For systems, I highly suggest Legend of the Wulin because it's built specifically for Wuxia style high action games, but other systems might work just as well.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust

Oh man, I already have so many games going on right now, but...

but...

Kurosawa calls to me!

Not sure what kind of character I'd play. I'd have to see what the other PCs come up with.

Thufir Hawat

So it would be the Seven Xia instead of 7 Samurai, with wuxia instead of chanbara >:)?

If a GM is found for LotW and you want another PC, I'd gladly join. I can probably whip up a PC for this game in under half an hour, but don't exactly have time to run a game of it.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Florence

I'd throw my lot in with this if it finds a GM. I love Seven Samurai, I have it on DVD. xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Zenkai

Your humble servant would join a game such as this in a heartbeat, if an enlightened sage willing to GM is found.

Obviously, I'd like a more "xia" setting, but beggars can't be choosers!

Inerrant Lust

Ughhhh, I could GM...

But not today. Maybe in a few weeks or even months once my life settles down a bit and I have less games going on. If no one else volunteers before then, I can send out a PM to everyone interested once I have the ability to run this. Even so, I would imagine it would be a relatively short game.

Thufir Hawat

Well, if it comes to that, just PM us and we'll see then? I'm sure nobody would turn down even a shorter game, if he's got the time ;D!

And in the meantime, we can keep waiting for Godot a GM to stumble on this thread >:)!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!