Justice League Unlimited RPG: Intrest Check

Started by VoluptuousVixen, April 25, 2019, 10:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen

Harley's a work in progress. Undecided at the moment what to do with the suicide squad. I would love that background, but at the same time, I am not sure how well it matches with her being out and about.

Thoughts, anyone?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Imogen on April 29, 2019, 03:05:13 PM
Name: Harley Quinn
Full Name: Dr Harleen Quinn
Sex: female
Height: 5'6"'
Hair: white
Eyes: Blue
Build: Lithe

Sexuality: Why don't you come a little closer and find out?
Marital Status: Single

Place of Birth: Gotham City
Place of Residence: Gotham City

Description:

A package of gorgeous curves, a pale face and white-haired pigtails.

Persona:

Batshit crazy - I'm bored...
Obsessed - Mr J.. .Mr J... Mr J.
Loyal - Goes that extra mile for her friends.
Fun loving - Harley loves a party
Romantic - What girl doesn't love a nice romance?

Powers and Abilities:

• Enhanced reflexes, speed, strength, stamina : With courtesy of Poison Ivy
  • Resistant to most poisons: With courtesy of Poison Ivy
  • Hand-to-hand combatant
  • Proficient with guns
  • Acrobatic

Weaknesses:

• Only Human
  • Loves killing: fine for a villain, not that great for a hero
  • Obessive: Mr J... Over him! So... So OVER him!

Relevant history

Dr. Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric intern at Arkham Asylum. A model student, in addition to receiving high grades in college, she was also a dedicated gymnast, winning a scholarship to Gotham City University. While researching the lunatics at Arkham, she became fascinated with one particular inmate. Ambitiously volunteering to analyze him, she pleaded with the doctors at Arkham for three months before she could treat him. After he gained her sympathy during their sessions, he seduced her, causing her to fall madly in love with him. After helping him escape from the asylum more than once, Harleen was suspected by the authorities, who revoked her license and placed her in her own cell. During an earthquake in Gotham City, she fled and became Harley Quinn, the sidekick of the Clown Prince of Crime himself.

She had a stormy affair with the Joker and became his partner in crime, but after several betrayals - his latest being his current 'disappearance'- she has decided she is 'so over him' and has struck out on her own, proving she can kill and create mayhem just fine without her joker. She briefly teams up with Poison Ivy and Catwoman, but betrayal is the name of the game, and the team splits up with the expected murderous antics. Although the three reconcile later, the team isn't reformed.

I would go ahead and include it, I'm actually debating on maybe playing Joker as a force against her. Or at least having him involved in an NPC status.

Callie Del Noire

Player Name: Callie Del Noire
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, Bi-curious
Base of Operations:
Powers:
Homo Magi: She is an offshoot of Homo sapiens known for their outstanding talent in magic, and she has spent her entire life studying magic in one form or another
--Elemental Control: Zatanna can generate/manipulate magical elements such as: Heat (Fire), Cold (Ice), Electricity, Water, Earth, Wind, Lights and Shadows
--Telekinesis: /Telepathy
--Teleportation/Dimensional Travel
--Healing: Zatanna can heal both herself and others
--Weather Manipulation: Zatanna can control and affects the weather in a certain area.
--Eldritch Blast: Zatanna can blast enemies with mystical energy.(Usually done via elemental manipulation)
--Flight: Zatanna can fly or levitate however she says that this requires a lot of energy and concentration and therefore she chooses not to fly if possible.
--Force Field: Zatanna can create magical shields to withstand bullets, blasts, blows and explosions. The greater the size or density of the shield the more effort it takes Zatanna to hold.
--Phasing: Zatanna can make herself into her "phantom form" and become intangible.
--Size Alteration: Zatanna can increase or decrease her size or the size of others to any conceivable size.
--Transformation: Zatanna can turn anything into anything else, essentially. For instance, she has turned bullets into paper airplanes[76] as well changing her clothes instantly.Most often she changes violent objects into harmless things.
Astral Projection: She can, through meditation, astrally project.
Hand to Hand: She's trained under some of the world's best hand to hand fighters. Though not in their tier she is quite proficient.
Stage magician: She is a world class stage magician as such she knows the following skills:
--Lock Picking
--Escape artistry
--Prestidigitation and Sleight of Hand
Hypnosis: She is a skilled hypnotist
Occultism: She is a very well read student of many occult traditions
Linguist: She is a skilled linguist.

Weaknesses:
- Mnemonic incantation: For most magics she needs to be able to speak the words backwards.

History:

Equipment: Typically she has a handful of tools on hand. Mostly lock picks and a commlink for when she's working with the league

Relationships: Batman (Friend, past lover), John Constantine (Friend, past lover),

Appearance: She stands at 5'7", 135 pounds with green eyes and black hair that goes down her back, typically she prefers a 'tuxedo jacket' and either slacks off stage or fishnets on stage.

Imogen

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 29, 2019, 03:17:24 PM
I would go ahead and include it, I'm actually debating on maybe playing Joker as a force against her. Or at least having him involved in an NPC status.

Lovely! I'll add it in. Thanks! :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Norsegod1839

Another thing I can do. Is make it that original EU suicide Joker died and a female one takes over hte role.

Just a thought tell me what you think.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 29, 2019, 03:26:01 PM
Another thing I can do. Is make it that original EU suicide Joker died and a female one takes over hte role.

I’m liking the idea but I like the ‘jokers’ from the last Arkham game

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 29, 2019, 03:19:06 PM
Player Name: Callie Del Noire
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Base of Operations:
Powers:
Homo Magi: She is an offshoot of Homo sapiens known for their outstanding talent in magic, and she has spent her entire life studying magic in one form or another
--Elemental Control: Zatanna can generate/manipulate magical elements such as: Heat (Fire), Cold (Ice), Electricity, Water, Earth, Wind, Lights and Shadows
--Telekinesis: /Telepathy
--Teleportation/Dimensional Travel
--Healing: Zatanna can heal both herself and others
--Weather Manipulation: Zatanna can control and affects the weather in a certain area.
--Eldritch Blast: Zatanna can blast enemies with mystical energy.(Usually done via elemental manipulation)
--Flight: Zatanna can fly or levitate however she says that this requires a lot of energy and concentration and therefore she chooses not to fly if possible.
--Force Field: Zatanna can create magical shields to withstand bullets, blasts, blows and explosions. The greater the size or density of the shield the more effort it takes Zatanna to hold.
--Phasing: Zatanna can make herself into her "phantom form" and become intangible.
--Size Alteration: Zatanna can increase or decrease her size or the size of others to any conceivable size.
--Transformation: Zatanna can turn anything into anything else, essentially. For instance, she has turned bullets into paper airplanes[76] as well changing her clothes instantly.Most often she changes violent objects into harmless things.
Astral Projection: She can, through meditation, astrally project.
Hand to Hand: She's trained under some of the world's best hand to hand fighters. Though not in their tier she is quite proficient.
Stage magician: She is a world class stage magician as such she knows the following skills:
--Lock Picking
--Escape artistry
--Prestidigitation and Sleight of Hand
Hypnosis: She is a skilled hypnotist
Occultism: She is a very well read student of many occult traditions
Linguist: She is a skilled linguist.

Weaknesses:
- Mnemonic incantation: For most magics she needs to be able to speak the words backwards.

History:

Equipment: Typically she has a handful of tools on hand. Mostly lock picks and a commlink for when she's working with the league

Relationships: Batman (Friend, past lover), John Constantine (Friend, past lover),

Appearance: She stands at 5'7", 135 pounds with green eyes and black hair that goes down her back, typically she prefers a 'tuxedo jacket' and either slacks off stage or fishnets on stage.

Looking good Callie though I think it might be easier to just say both her strength and weakness is Mneominic incantation? She can pretty much do any magic so long as she can say it backwards and fast enough. With maybe only simply stuuff like potion making and scrying as her non word like abilities. She can also wield artifacts and given her fathers past as a powerful magician has a fair bit.

Imogen

Hmm... I think that if you are playing the joker, you should play a version that you enjoy most? Every version has interesting angles to explore.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 29, 2019, 03:28:40 PM
Looking good Callie though I think it might be easier to just say both her strength and weakness is Mneominic incantation? She can pretty much do any magic so long as she can say it backwards and fast enough. With maybe only simply stuuff like potion making and scrying as her non word like abilities. She can also wield artifacts and given her fathers past as a powerful magician has a fair bit.

Gotcha. Just done with it..

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Imogen on April 29, 2019, 03:29:58 PM
Hmm... I think that if you are playing the joker, you should play a version that you enjoy most? Every version has interesting angles to explore.

I don't mind NPCing the EU Joker if thats what the story calls for. The female Harley could be fun provided you wouldn't mind her being interested in Harley.

Imogen

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 29, 2019, 03:38:25 PM
I don't mind NPCing the EU Joker if thats what the story calls for. The female Harley could be fun provided you wouldn't mind her being interested in Harley.

I'd love the idea of a female joker, but unfortunately not as a love interest as I don't write f/f as a main theme. I still wouldn't mind if you wanted to play the joker as a female, tho! We can just say that she took over the role from the original joker after he 'vanished' aka she killed him. It might spark a rivalry between the new joker and Harley, perhaps, as each might consider themselves the logical replacement. If you want to play a female joker, we make it work :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Callie Del Noire

Could be fun to six on the supergirl clone in Hawaii too. Lots of mayhem

Re Z L

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 29, 2019, 04:08:58 PM
Could be fun to six on the supergirl clone in Hawaii too. Lots of mayhem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrVMzDw7ncs

Maybe a "Joker Gang" of some kind, like from Batman Beyond.

(I'm envisioning something like a Tyler Durden figure running an underground Joker Club, haha)
A&A

Raziel

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on April 29, 2019, 02:24:57 PM

Given how little we've seen of EU Flash I would err more on the Comics side... unless you want to throw the TV version in?

Well I'm already going with Grant Gustin's version for his appearance so I could just go with his TV version overall. Also I think his TV version is the weakest version of all three. My reasoning for this is that Comic Barry as he currently stands is pretty damn powerful, speed wise he's faster than both Superman and Supergirl and after Wally West is the fastest man on Earth, although if Wally isn't in this then that would make Barry the Fastest. As for EU Flash, depending on how the EU version regards his Lightning Colour the fact it is White/Blue would imply he's faster than both Comic and TV Barry whose lightning is Yellow.

I'm okay going with more the comic version but he's pretty damn powerful as he currently stands so I'm trying to figure out the balance with everybody else. I've got his more comic version written up so I could PM it to you to take a look and we can go from there?

Norsegod1839

I would go maybe with Tv version as its not powerful without being weak either. He would basically be a force to be reckoned with.

Then I can do an Eobard Thawn on the Luthor League as the new "flash" and use the Tom Cavanough FC

Raziel

Re Z L

Luthor also had created an imperfect metagene implantation that he used during the run of 52, where he gave some volunteers super powers and made his own team out of them.  Could be another angle to use for him.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Infinity,_Inc._II_(New_Earth)
A&A

Norsegod1839

Thats an option maybe for a backup? I like the idea of him using evil supervillians for a "dark avengers" type Justice League. That could be his fail safe plan though.

Raziel

So since I'm going with TV verse Flash what are we thinking about his friends? Since Vibe was part of the team going against Barry when the Justice League were considered the bad guy but he's still Barry's friend in the show same with Killer Frost, Oliver Queen etc.

Norsegod1839

If you want him to keep some of his TV history (Ie working at Star Labs, Married to Iris, Ect) your more than welcome to! I think basically that Vixen is saying the boness of Justice League should be considered canon.

Raziel

There are some things I'll keep from his TV history I was more thinking in terms of versions of characters people might want to play in the future or in the case of say Killer Frost for example.

VoluptuousVixen

Callie Del Noire

Norsegod1839

VoluptuousVixen