News:

Main Menu

A Gentle Reminder

Started by Oreo, July 06, 2017, 08:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

Staff has been finding a lot of images being posted involving characters that are or appear underage.  Verifying these images - especially when posted in large numbers - is not only time-consuming, but disheartening, as our image rules are something that are in place for the safety and comfort of our members, many of whom are parents, teachers, or others who deal with children regularly. 

Quote from: Vekseid on February 20, 2011, 03:12:42 PM
Rules for Images, Avatars, and Signatures

• No embedding images or videos of anyone under eighteen, period. The medium and context are irrelevant, though you may link to such material so long as it is non-sexual. This includes images of underage characters in the Non-Adult Roleplaying section. If you see such an image, please click on the "Report to moderator" link to alert staff to the issue. Photos, videos, and other evidence of exploitation of minors will be reported to the authorities.
  • All face claims representing characters between 16 and 18 years of age must be fully clothed. They must also be of models that are 18 years or older. Staff may ask for proof of age to be included if this is not immediately apparent.
  • With regards to chibis:  As the name is a contraction of 'child body', those are inappropriate as a depiction of an underage body.  It doesn't matter if it's Stewie Griffin or Roy Mustang - they are not permitted and will be removed by Staff. 
  • Images that are illegal in certain states and countries, such as photographs of bestiality, are also prohibited. This falls under 'evidence of animal abuse'. Even viewing such pictures is illegal in some countries. Thus drawings, renders, etc. are fine, but linked or embedded images are not.
  • No images of non-members. This does not include public-figures and semi-public figures, but rather refers to your friends and family who have not also signed up and joined the site themselves.
  • Public images must not show genitals or sexual acts. The entire left-hand column of Elliquiy is visible to the public, and this includes avatars and signatures as well. You may only link to such images in roleplay request threads, for example, if you tag them appropriately (nsfw, etc). Nsfw images hidden behind spoilers must be linked as well.
  • Specifically Regarding Avatars and Signatures

• Avatars can be up to 150 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall and, if a photograph of yourself, should not be nude. Signature images can be 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and the overall size of the signature box is limited to 120 pixels tall. Signature images must be uploaded to the wiki in order to be displayed.
    • You may link to your site in your signature as long as: 1) The site links back to us; 2) It is not a pay site; and 3) It is not a referral or affiliate link.
    • Please keep possessive notices, such as master and slave notices, out of your signature and other portions of your profile.
    • No more than one animated image in your signature or avatar at a time, please, and please keep it sparing. We may remove disruptive animated images in avatars and signatures on a case-by-case basis, or ban them entirely in the future.

N.B. The rules for Elliquiy members' real life pictures are a little stricter and may be found here.

Further clarification on images and ages can be found here

It's not a task that Staff enjoys very much, especially as the vast majority of the images are posted by otherwise polite and respectful members.   It's very much like the cashier who has to ask for ID when selling age-restricted items, such as alcohol or cigarettes - if the person in the image looks like they would be carded for such purchases, it is very likely that Staff will have to try to verify their age, whether they are drawn or photographed.  Much like that cashier, having official documentation of a character's age posted or linked below the picture will go a long way towards making Staff and your fellow members more at ease with a chosen image.

We are asking all of you to be a little more diligent in selecting character images, and if you see a questionable image, please inform Staff with the 'Report to moderator' link.  In the case of anime-styled images, many series have wikis available that list the character's canon age.  TinEye can also be very useful in determining an unknown character's origins.  Keep in mind that at 18 (the minimum age for images), a character is well into puberty and should show proper body development.  This is not merely 'T&A'.  Height, musculature, and skeletal structure are all taken into account when Staff has to verify an unidentified image.  An example of the differences between different age ranges can be seen here.  If a character is a 500-year old vampire and still has the body of a pre-teen, it is not an acceptable image. 

A further reminder with regards to request threads in particular:  If an image is not safe for work, please use a link, not a spoiler and label the link with [NSFW]

EDIT:

More Useful Information

We have noticed that many animes and wikis will refer to characters as being 'first year/second year/third year students' rather than the familiar 'freshman/sophomore/junior/senior' designations that are seen in American high schools.  Schooling is arranged differently in Japan, with a 6/3/3 setup.

The quick and dirty:  Characters second-year and below are not acceptable for sexual roleplay or character images (of any sort, even if fully clothed).

Feel free to ask questions for clarification. The standards for pictures is not going to change, so please do not debate the issue. Our purpose here is for everyone to have a clear understanding of what is and is not acceptable.

Staff would also request that if you are uncertain of an image, and have done your best to figure out the age of the picture in question do not post here. Rather, contact any Oracle or Goddess. We can generally get back to you in a timely manner about whether or not the picture is suitable and why.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

LewdAdmiral

YEs I have a question regarding proportions.  What about proportions of non humans.  LIke Gnomes, Halflings, elves, etc.?

[tr]
   [td]REQUEST THREAD[/td]
   [td]
O/O
[/td]
   [td]F-LIST
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Verasaille

I approve of this rule. I do have a question, however. There are a few threads that are very much into explicit images. Will you be taking those down and discouraging them?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Oreo

Quote from: LewdAdmiral on July 08, 2017, 04:47:28 AM
YEs I have a question regarding proportions.  What about proportions of non humans.  LIke Gnomes, Halflings, elves, etc.?

Nonhumans must be mentally and physically mature, though we attempt to have some small leeway the more inhuman they look. But if they aren't distinguishable from an underage human, they will not be permitted. When it comes to images under 18, it's not something we can afford much leeway on.

Elves are human enough that we generally evaluate them the way we do humans.

Beings such as halflings would need to have some sort of musculature resembling an adult, and no oversized head for their proportions. The same for fae folk, and dwarves.

Quote from: Verasaille on July 08, 2017, 01:46:16 PM
I approve of this rule. I do have a question, however. There are a few threads that are very much into explicit images. Will you be taking those down and discouraging them?

There is no plan to do so. As long as they are properly marked there shouldn't be an issue.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

LewdAdmiral

So would this be an acceptable form for a halfling?     

[tr]
   [td]REQUEST THREAD[/td]
   [td]
O/O
[/td]
   [td]F-LIST
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Oreo

Quote from: LewdAdmiral on July 08, 2017, 04:19:38 PM
So would this be an acceptable form for a halfling?     

Yes, if linked rather than embedded since this is an open forum. It would be better to post such images in the closed forums.

LewdAdmiral

I have a lot of brushing up on BBCode to do

[tr]
   [td]REQUEST THREAD[/td]
   [td]
O/O
[/td]
   [td]F-LIST
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Oreo

It's simply a matter of leaving off the image tags.

[*url=place http here]place NSFW notice here[*/url] >_> without the *s

LewdAdmiral

Thank you for clearing that up.

[tr]
   [td]REQUEST THREAD[/td]
   [td]
O/O
[/td]
   [td]F-LIST
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Oreo

You are most welcome. : )

Blythe

Hi, all. Bly here, one of the site Wikimins. I help to manage the Elluiki.

I'd like to bring people's attention to one of the rules on the wiki's main page, arguably the most important rule of Elliquiy's Wiki:

Quote from: https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Welcome_to_Elluiki
IMPORTANT! NO IMAGES OF UNDERAGE SUBJECTS WILL BE TOLERATED. It doesn't matter if the context is non-sexual, or whether the subject is real or fictional. Elliquiy advertises itself as an adult forum, and we would prefer to err on the side of caution.

Please be mindful that this means E's age rules apply to the wiki as well--nothing under 18 on the wiki when it comes to images, illustrated or photographed. If you are not certain of an age in an image, please do not upload it to the wiki. It does not matter if it is SFW or NSFW--no images of anyone under 18, period, on the wiki. Even if you are not posting an image to the main forums that you chose to upload to the wiki, it's still not allowed. 18+ for anything we host on the wiki.

Generally speaking, if you are unsure of a character age but you want to upload something to the wiki, PM a member of Staff before doing so to ask about your image. Ask permission rather than forgiveness, please.

Hunter

I'm trying to find the post that tells what age appropriate images are allowable in the Role Playing Requests section of the board.     Can I please get either a link or a re-post here?

Thank you.

Oreo

Quoted from he opening post:

Height, musculature, and skeletal structure are all taken into account when Staff has to verify an unidentified image.  An example of the differences between different age ranges can be seen here.  If a character is a 500-year old vampire and still has the body of a pre-teen, it is not an acceptable image.

Was this what you were looking for?

Hunter

Not really, no.   I'm aware there's a character must be 18 post for images, but I've also seen a reference somewhere that pictures could be PG-13.    I can't find either post and I'm officially confused by it all and would like things clarified.

Oreo

Ah, all pictures must be 18 or older to be embedded. Younger pictures may be linked. Pictures under 18 that are linked cannot be used in a sexual manner or be in a scene involving sexual content. If it is a PG 13 RP, the pictures may be linked, but not embedded.

I hope that was helpful.

Hunter

That's what I was looking for, thank you very much.

Oreo

Tokyorose627

So I’m making sure to be clear about the picture file: pictures that we wish to embed, as in be shown in posts, must be 18 or older. But if we want to show a picture of characters that are younger, we can only link them, correct? Just to clarify.

Oniya

All pictures embedded on the site must be 18 or over.  As long as there is no sexual activity involved, you may link to pictures that are 17 and under. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

Please note that there has been a modification to the rules:

2. All face claims representing characters between 16 and 18 years of age must be fully clothed. They must also be of models that are 18 years or older. Staff may ask for proof of age to be included if this is not immediately apparent.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM any staff.

Ritsu

So does between 16 and 18 mean over 16 and under 18? Meaning that if a character is 18 or over they can have nude models as long as the pictures feature 18 or older people?

Oreo

Yes, Ritsu. : ) Your understanding is correct. Though if they are over 18 and look younger you may be asked to post the model's name and age.

Ritsu

Perfect! Just clarifying because between can be a little vague. <3

Thanks cookie!

Skynet

Quote from: Oreo on August 21, 2018, 02:31:10 PM
Please note that there has been a modification to the rules:

2. All face claims representing characters between 16 and 18 years of age must be fully clothed. They must also be of models that are 18 years or older. Staff may ask for proof of age to be included if this is not immediately apparent.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM any staff.

What is a face claim exactly? I found this definition on Urban Dictionary, aka the use of a real life model to represent a fictional character:

Quotenoun. A term used in role play games to describe a person used for the physical description of a character. Said person can be anyone, but is typically an actor or animated character.

I'm going to ask the moderator if I can switch Carlisle Cullen's face claim from Peter Facinelli to Lee Pace. I know Facinelli is the actual Carlisle, but Pace is who I think of as "handsomer than other movie star I've seen."

I couldn't help but giggle a little when I heard Aidan Turner was cast as Luke/Lucian in the upcoming Mortal Instruments movie, having used him once a Luke/Lucian face claim way back when.

Is this what is meant, or something else?

Oreo

That is what is meant Skynet. We want to make sure that any picture used to represent a character is of 18 years age, and looks of age, even though they are for a 16 or 17 year old character.