Seven Drunken Pirates... (Interest Check)

Started by 1SAZ, December 17, 2012, 05:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1SAZ

After listening to Flogging Molly yet again, my mind has come up with an interesting game concept that I hope will see some interest. So without further ado, I bring you The Rhapsody.

The Rhapsody is the dreaded ship of the Atlantic, hunting down any who sail with valuables. It has become a legend of the high seas, leaving many a sailor quaking in their boots from fear of attack without warning. Others believe the ship is an old wives tale, something that should be taken with a grain of sea salt. However, The Rhapsody exists, and is sailed throughout the Atlantic by a crew of pirates so fearsome, they have become the very things that made them legends. They are the seven deadly sins. Too bad the crew is also a crew of drunks...

I am currently seeking interest, as well as players wishing to be the core members of the crew, The Seven Deadly Sins. The following is a list of taken positions and sins. We will also accept players who are not the core seven, as a ship is more than just seven crew members.

Captain (Pride): 1SAZ
First Mate (Greed): Lumasan
Navigator (Sloth): Open
Gunner (Wrath): Open
"Ambassador" (Lust): Open
Quartermaster (Envy): Open
Cook/Doctor (Gluttony): Open
Any able seaman: Open

And if anyone makes a seaman joke, it better be a damn good one.

MzHyde

I could do with playing Wrath.

Hey, do you go through a lot of mops with all that seamen on deck? *runs for the hills*

JohnTheGreat

Could be interesting, I'm down for.. if Wrath is taken I'll go Envy.

Lucas0016

Well, since envy and wrath were first choice I guess I'll go with Lust if that's cool.

1SAZ

Alright, that leaves Gluttony and Sloth to be filled.

Feel free to fill out this character sheet. Do try to remember this rp is supposed to be comedic, tongue in cheek, fun.

Name:
Nationality:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:

JohnTheGreat

Name: 'Slim-eye' Joe Carlo
Sin: Envy
Nationality: Mexican
Appearance: (I don't know just how tongue in cheek this is supposed to be but this amused me)

Personality: Happy go lucky drunk.. right up until he sees someone with something nicer than him.
History: *shrug*

BenedictWolfe

Just going to toss out my 2 cents here: Wouldn't Wrath be better suited as the bosun? That's a fairly violent figure and there's only one of them as opposed to dozens and dozens of gunners, who don't rank any higher than able seamen, as far as I know.

Etah dna Evol

There was a Master Gunner that was in charge of all the Cannoneers.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs