Hmm...Is posting pictures of Human x Furry considered beastiality?

Started by Wolfy, June 13, 2010, 09:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

I was wondering about this. O-o

I thought about making a topic for it in Finder and Seekers, but I wasn't sure if it would be against the rules or not.

Cecilia

Are you thinking of furry anthropomorphic Anime style drawings?

Wolfy

Haibane

I would suggest that it's not banned under E's rules. I think bestiality (note the spelling) concerns dumb animals who cannot think and have no say about what's done to them. Furries are essentially self-aware fully cognizant intelligent characters RPed like any other non-human character (angel, demon, succubus, tentacled alien and so on), its just the skin covering that is different and that they may be based on earth animals like wolves, unicorns, etc and so in my mind it would be fine to have these.

I consider neko play to fall into this category.

I think even if a full animal is RPed as having intelligence and free will it wouldn't be bestiality, though my understanding is E's rules do not permit pictures showing sex between humans and animals in such games.

Vekseid

Quote from: Wolfy on June 13, 2010, 09:54:25 PM
I was wondering about this. O-o

I thought about making a topic for it in Finder and Seekers, but I wasn't sure if it would be against the rules or not.

The reason for that, is that it's photographic evidence of animal abuse (depending on state, but enough that I don't want to deal with that). No drawings of any sort qualify.

Edit: No drawing of animals is forbidden, I mean.

Wolfy

So you're saying that drawings(not photographs) of Bestiality aren't forbidden? Or is that a Gray Area?

Will

Drawings of any kind are fine, since they are not evidence of a crime.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Haibane

I'd wait to hear what Veks says on that. Drawings of minors in sexual situations are not allowed on here, so I'd be cautious about putting up drawings of bestiality.

The original question wasn't about bestiality but about furries/anthros - animal-people. Apparently such artwork is okay. Ordinary animals might be a different issue.

Will

If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Haibane

Quote from: Will on June 14, 2010, 04:36:36 PM
I was only paraphrasing what he said. ::)
But Wolfy asked a different question to the one Veks answered. Furry/anthro art is not bestiality.

Vekseid

Quote from: Haibane on June 14, 2010, 04:33:32 PM
I'd wait to hear what Veks says on that. Drawings of minors in sexual situations are not allowed on here, so I'd be cautious about putting up drawings of bestiality.

Drawings of bestiality are fine. Underaged characters are not. We've actually been working on a policy of no images of children, period. There are some people from the adult industry here and they tend to get jitters over it.

Torch

Quote from: Vekseid on June 14, 2010, 08:34:30 PM
We've actually been working on a policy of no images of children, period.

Good. I've seen some questionable avatars that made me look twice and even then I still feel uneasy. I realize that it's probably my own personal squick factor, but a few of the anime/neko avs with childlike facial features give me the willies.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Vekseid

If you see one please let me know. We've sortof been phasing it in, just keeping quiet about it.

Torch

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Cecilia

Quote from: Vekseid on June 15, 2010, 07:12:08 AM
If you see one please let me know. We've sortof been phasing it in, just keeping quiet about it.

You can let ANY staff know if you see images of children. 

Cherry Bloodrayne

I'm sorry for hjacking this thread.. but we aren't allowed to post say children who are in an anime series? (Lucky Star) I mean as long as the character or character(s) are not naked.

Cecilia

No images of children--photographed or drawn, including anime--are allowed on the site.  A clarification of this policy is in the draft stage and will be posted in the near future.