Classic Werewolf: Return of The Wolf OOC

Started by Galactic Druid, April 03, 2015, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunaLilith22

Thank you *tips nonexistent hat* I look forward to seeing how the rest of the game plays out.

yugi006

Verasaille

I am glad I made it through the second night! Not going to kid you though, I was not thinking LunaLilith was a vamp or werewolf.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

Just a reminder: being the first person to cast a vote does not a person is a bad guy.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Remiel

Question, Guy:

If the Wolfman is killed, do they show up as a Werewolf, a Villager, or a Special Villager?

Madame Professor

I'm pretty certain the Wolfman show up as just a Villager.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Strangefate

Rules Question:

When does the priest officially decide to use the holy water?  Is that a night action?  Could someone claim to be a priest in the IC thread, promising to check the lynched, and then not do so (because he/she wasn’t the priest but a werewolf/vampire playing a trick) and we’re stuck hanging the person anyways?  Or would we get to change our vote?
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Blythe

To my understanding (I may be wrong, if so, someone correct me! ^^), the Priest's ability is usable when someone is going to be lynched (therefore a Day action), and it's only usable once per game. The Priest then privately (or maybe in-thread? I dunno) decides when to use this ability when there's a consensus on the lynch vote, I think.

Galactic Druid

The priest activates their ability by PMing me they want to use it during the day phase before I announce the lynching, once a clear target is established. I've also been planning to ask them if they want to use it once a vote is closed.

I'll allow some degree if programming on this. For example, if a vote was split completely down the middle and the priest PMed me to inform me "if X wins, I'll use it, but not Y.", I'd allow that. If they PM me at the beginning of the vote before anyone has been tallied to say "out of everyone, I'll use it if X or Y gets called up.", I'd have to decline.

Rather than the usual gallows post, I'll post about how the holy water was used and what was revealed.

The priest role, like any other, can be lied about. There's really nothing stopping any player from roleplaying dousing themselves in holy water to no effect. The priest could promise to use their ability and back down on it simply by never letting me know they want to use it.

The wolf man will reveal as a villager on death. Likewise, the Lycan reveals as a wolf.

Blythe

This game got fierce! Loving it so far everyone. <3

AffablyEvil

Debate is getting heated in our little village.
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Remiel

Also, remember that just because someone is being vocal doesn't mean they're the bad guy.  If I was a werewolf/vampire, I'd keep as quiet as possible and try to float underneath everyone's radar.

Sometimes having heated debate just means that you're having fun with the game.

Verasaille

That might be true, Remi. But not posting could also mean a person has limited time to play.

Ceralilly

Wait...I bet Ceralilly is the seer....bahahahahaha

Wait...
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

AffablyEvil

"I see myself as the seer. I must be the seer. I'm a genius!"

Rest of village: ".... Are we allowed to offer the werewolves a sacrifice?"
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

Ceralilly

Quote from: AffablyEvil on April 17, 2015, 05:55:20 PM
"I see myself as the seer. I must be the seer. I'm a genius!"

Rest of village: ".... Are we allowed to offer the werewolves a sacrifice?"

Snickers delightedly
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Galactic Druid

So, I just finished doing a few games of Ultimate Werewolf at a charity game night. Fun stuff, but it has inspired a new rule for all my future games;

Please Trust the GM. :(

I was running one of the larger games I ever have in person, 28 people. We were playing twilight; 2 wolves, 1 wolfman and an alpha vs. 3 vamps vs. a village with a bunch of roles and a few I tweaked for balance in the scenario I ran and some made up stuff. It was going very well, not a single mistake, until night 4. The witch had been saving their poison until they were sure of a target, and made the call that night, and attempted to poison a vampire. The following morning, I announced 2 people had died, and gave their identities, and collected their cards.

"Hey! You forgot one!" Great. Everyone knows this guy knows something about players dying. I can hopefully pass them off as a healer and keep the game alive.

"I promise you, I did not." I didn't want to reveal too much information, and I figured he'd take the hint and drop it. I didn't want to pull him aside and explain anything to him, because that would be an even bigger giveaway he was something other than a villager.

"No, you did! I poisoned him" he points "Last night, and you didn't announce his death." At this point, it's a lot harder to do anything. This isn't a statement made about how this player should be dead or an in-game accusation, it's a all-fact-revealed argument with the GM about rules in front of everyone. There's no mystery at this point who this player is, and only a few possibilities for the one who didn't die. In the end, we had ro reroll.

So please, trust your GM. :(

Madame Professor

Rules Question: If the Sheriff is lynched or dies in the night, do we elect another?
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

AffablyEvil

RPGuy: In RP we trust. *Bows and chants in latin*

Madame Professor: If he is lynched or dies we will elect another yes.

Ceralilly

I'm such a  sucker for authority...giggles

KatKwik

Sorry I haven't posted. Will get on it tonight.

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Galactic Druid

No rush and no worries, weekends are always a bit slower on E.

AffablyEvil

Kinda concerned my latest contribution may have been a bit too long. >_>

Ceralilly

Quote from: AffablyEvil on April 19, 2015, 04:25:16 PM
Kinda concerned my latest contribution may have been a bit too long. >_>

I love detail...it doesn't seem too long to me...:-)

You do so well...I will have to see into the other game that Blythe pointed me towards..I believe you are running it no? Here in LCS?