Online Dating and Biological Chemistry

Started by Josietta, February 25, 2011, 12:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

So I am doing a research paper for my Social Psychology Class on Interpersonal Relationships. Below is a survey I am submitting to you. If any of you could please fill this out and you may post your reply below or PM it to me if you aren't comfortable sharing it with everyone. The paper I am writing is due March 14th and I would like to have this completed at least three or four days up to a week before then. Thank you for your assistance in this and trust that your information is kept at an anonymous level and is only being used as an experimental form to gather data on the topic.

EDIT: It was brought to my attention that number 6 can be a little convoluted so I have adjusted it slightly and explained more what I was getting at with it.

EDIT #2: Thank you to everyone for your input on this! I need 3 more replies and then I can compile the data that I have and write up my paper. I'll post up my paper on here if you all want to read it as well. It was interesting to see the varied and similar views on the subject of dating and chemistry. Again thank you! I'll close down the survey after I get 3 last ones to round me out at 25 (including the ones PM'd).

----------------------------------------------------------

1- What is your sex?

2- What is your sexual orientation?

3- Are you:
Married ____
Single ____
Divorced ____
Other ____________

4- What do you consider your relationship or personal preferences to relationships to be? Polyamorous? Monogamous?

5- Do you believe chemistry (the physical connection between two or more people that causes natural attraction or body related reactions - like tightening in the mid region, heart rate increase, temperature rising etc ) is important in long lasting relationships?

6- Are you interested in procreation? (Procreation in general terms, meaning whether you personally would have the child, if you would rather adopt or would have to adopt for whatever reasons (sexuality or medically), then by all means include that in your answer)

7- Do you think scent, as in a persons natural pheromones, and genetic chemistry (genetic chemistry being the chemical reaction in your body that tells you that a particular person is a good 'mate' for you for the best possible offspring) plays any part in procreation (in the most general sense of the term, read: breeding)?

8- Have you ever fallen in love with someone online?
If, yes, did it last? If, no, was there a lack of physical chemistry?

9- How many relationships have you been in, in your lifetime? How many were based on meeting in an offline situation?

10- Do you believe love can result from online flirting or relationships? and if so, is it required for there to be chemistry between people?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Avi

1. Male.

2. Straight.

3. Engaged to be married. (Dunno what category that would count as.)

4. Monogamous.

5. Yes, I do.

6. Absolutely.

7. No opinion.

8. Yes, and it's still going strong almost 3 years running.

9. Just one that was serious, and the connection did get stronger once we physically met.

10. Yes, I believe it can, but if there's chemistry issues once you meet in real life, then it can have an effect.

(Hope that this helps you, Josi! :) )
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

1- What is your sex?
Female
Bisexual
3- Are you:
Married

4- What do you consider your relationship or personal preferences to relationships to be? Polyamorous? Monogamous?
Preference is Poly

5- Do you believe chemistry (the physical connection between two or more people that causes natural attraction or body related reactions - like tightening in the mid region, heart rate increase, temperature rising etc ) is important in long lasting relationships?
Definitly

6- Are you interested in procreation?
eventually

7- Do you think scent, as in a persons natural pheremones, and genetic chemistry (genetic chemistry being the chemical reaction in your body that tells you that a particular person is a good 'mate' for you for the best possible offspring) plays any part in procreation?
No

Yes, yes

9- How many relationships have you been in, in your lifetime? How many were based on meeting in an offline situation?
6 - 3

10- Do you believe love can result from online flirting or relationships? and if so, is it required for there to be chemistry between people?
Yes and yes. Simply put, you can't have relationship without chemistry. Be it physical or mental.

TianaWayne

Quote from: Josietta on February 25, 2011, 12:56:31 PM
----------------------------------------------------------

1- What is your sex?

FEMALE

BISEXUAL

3- Are you:
Married ____
Single ____
Divorced ____
Other ___IN A UNMARRIED RELATIONSHIP LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP___

MONOGAMOUS

YES, IT'S IMPORTANT. ONE OF THE TOP THREE MOST IMPORTANT

6- Are you interested in procreation? (Procreation in general terms, meaning whether you personally would have the child, if you would rather adopt or would have to adopt for whatever reasons (sexuality or medically), then by all means include that in your answer)

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE CHILDREN OF MY OWN, AT MINIMUM 2, BUT I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT

7- Do you think scent, as in a persons natural pheromones, and genetic chemistry (genetic chemistry being the chemical reaction in your body that tells you that a particular person is a good 'mate' for you for the best possible offspring) plays any part in procreation (in the most general sense of the term, read: breeding)?

NOT IN PROCREATION BUT IN SEXUAL ATTRACTION YES

YES BUT IT DID NOT LAST I WAS 17

3 RELATIONSHIPS TOTAL
1 RELATIONSHIP ON LINE

I DO BELIEVE THAT IT IS POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO FALL IN LOVE ON LINE. I ALSO BELIEVE WHEN IT HAPPENS THAT IT STILLS INCLUDES A SENSE OF CHEMISTRY, JUST DIFFERENT.
I'M NOT SURE HOW IT'S DIFFERENT, BUT ITS A MENTAL CHEMISTRY MORE THAN A PHYSICAL.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PAPER! I HOPE YOU HAVE ENOUGH SURVEYS!                   
On's and Offs

"I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer. I wasn`t trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time. I didn`t think of myself as liberated, and I don`t believe that I did anything important. I was just myself. I didn`t know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
Bettie Page

jouzinka

1- What is your sex?
Female

Heterosexual

3- Are you:
Single

Before E happened to me, I would have said monogamous. In my mind I'm now leaning towards Open, but I haven't been in a relationship since, so I can't really say.

That very much depends on the relationship. I do believe that mutual chemistry is essential in keeping a satisfied sexual life with a person. However, there can be two people in a relationship with no need of sexual life and still build a long-lasting and happy relationship.

Yes.

I think it's essential. Given that humans choose the most genetically suitable partner with their olfactory sense.

I met many people online and some of them became real-life friends or lovers. But I never fell in love with anyone before I met them in person.

Define a relationship. I have dated a man, thinking we've had a relationship, while apparently he was of a different mind. I was an affair of a married man, yadda dadda.

But yeah, somewhat committed relationship... two.

I don't believe much in online relationships. I do believe that a good talk online (that chemistry, if you will) can grow into an equally good talk offline and that can eventually lead to more. Online relationship is just way too virtual, non-solid, for me to accept it.

Good luck. ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Saerrael

*prepares to be the odd one out*

1- What is your sex?

Genderfluid.

Androsexual.

3- Are you:

Other ; In a relationship of 10+years.

Polyamorous.

No. It helps, but it is not needed.

No.

Yes.

Yes.
Yes. *grins*

Uncertain. I think 12-3.

Yes.
No. (Yes, if mental chemistry is meant here.)

hitchhiker13

1. male

2. Heterosexual

3. Single

4. Monogamous, but if Polygamy could work (though I doubt it can) then sure why not.

5. Yes chemistry is important. Feeling those feelings every time you talk to the one you love shows that there is still genuine interest in each other.

6. Yes I would prefer to make babies the old fashion way.

7. Well maybe. It doesn't always have to do with genetics. I don't think there are genes that tell you what is attractive or who is the right mate. But the feeling of whether someone is just right for you might occur.

8. Yes I have. There was definitely strong chemistry. Unfortunately there were some complicating factors that led the relationship into the
gutter.

9. At least 10 relationships that I can recall. All of them were offline. Odd thing was the only girl I really loved was the one I meet online.

10. Yes. Online flirting and talking can start really great relationships. Chemistry can form online, but the chemistry that counts shows up when you meet for the first time in real life.

Nico

1. Male

2. Homosexual

3. In a relationship

4. Polyamorous

5. It is essential.

6. No. (Not yet, at least.)

7. I think it is very, very important. It is genetic, after all.

8. Not in love, just in lust. For a short wile only.

9. I don't remember how many not serious ones I had, but it were several. Serious ones, just three. None was based in on line meeting, though. One of my relationships ended up long distance and it didn't last. I had some hook-ups on line, but not for the purpose of a relationship.

10. it might happen, and I heard it happened before, so I guess - yes, it could work out. Online flirting is nice, but, personally, I need more substance and physical closeness, to let it become more. Online friendships on the other hand are great, and I have plenty. Wouldn't want to miss them!

Alysanthia

1- What is your sex?

Female

Straight

3- Are you:
Married ____
Single ____
Divorced ____
Other X Dating

Monogamous

I think that chemistry can make or break a relationship, if you don't have it with that person then you probably won't be willing to enter a relationship with them or continue a relationship with them.

I've always believed if I get pregnant I get pregnant, now if it turns out that I couldn't have children then yes, perhaps I would look into adopting a child.

That is tricky because so many wear perfumes or colognes, but yeah I think it does.

It does seem to be leading there...

None that I noticed.

I've only ever been in two relationships, the second being a online based one and we have gotten a chance to meet offline.

Anyone can act like the ideal person and flirt with pretty much anyone, same with entering a relationship. But after a while I think that chemistry does start to play a key part, if there is no chemistry then I don't really think any sort of relationship could work. Perhaps though the chemistry could develop after the meeting, especially if the parties already have a strong mental connection.

Star Safyre

Good luck with your paper!

1- What is your sex?

Female

Bisexual though emotionally attracted to only men.

3- Are you:

Married for six years, together for eleven.

Emotionally monogamous, physically open with mutually agreed limits

Yes. 

Eventually, yes.

Yes.

In fact, I had two incidents where I was dating a guy and, when we reached the first point of physical intimacy (kissing or cuddling), I was turned off by the way he smelled.  It wasn't an issue of body odor or hygiene products, I simply didn't like the way they smelled.  Both times I tried to push passed the issue, but I ended up breaking off both relationships because I didn't feel connected to them.

No.  I only once looked for romance online and only made contact with local guys I could meet in person.  There was no more chemistry in person than there was online, both of which were lacking.

All my relationships have been offline.  How many?  Depends on the definition of relationship.  I'll count it as when words of devotion were exchanged along with body fluids.  That makes... at least a dozen but less than twenty?  As you might have noticed in question 3, it's been a while so my memory is a bit rusty.

Love can result from online flirting, but I don't think online flirting usually results from authentic physical attraction.  Love needs the biological interaction, I think, to be consummated, even if that physical contact is fleeting or chaste.  Purely online relationships, in my opinion, are still unconsummated and thus not yet fully love.  Online flirtation is a beginning, just like a conversation across an isle or having a mutual friend; whether or not the next step toward love is taken is firmly rooted in the physical world.  For me, real, true love is tangible.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Shjade

1- What is your sex?
Male.

Heterosexual.

3- Relationship status?
Single.

4- What do you consider your relationship or personal preferences to relationships to be?
I'm not sure, to be honest. On the one hand I can be a little possessive at times; on the other I don't like to impose on people or enact restrictions beyond personal boundaries, so while I'd like to say 'monogamous' on first impulse I'm not sure that it's really accurate. Let's say "relaxed."

Do I think it has a significant impact on long-lasting relationships? Yes. Do I think it's important in terms of being a necessary element of long-lasting relationships? No. I imagine it helps, but I don't think a relationship is doomed to fail without it.

6- Are you interested in procreation?
No.

Definitely.

No.

I'm assuming you mean romantic/sexual relationships? Zero. The beginnings of two, but went nowhere. Both offline.

Yes, I have seen it firsthand. I don't know if "chemistry" (really, it's such a weird, vague term) was involved or not. Asking whether it's required at all is just repeating #5 if you mean long-term or #7 if you mean short-term.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Funguy81

1- What is your sex?
Male
Straight
3- Are you:
Married ____
Single __x__
Divorced ____
Other ____________

Monogamous.

Yes I do. While it may not be the most important aspect of a relationship, in a way you have to be physically attracted to that one person, or it wont last for very long.

No, i'm not interested in having children.

I think so in a way.

Yes I had, and no it was not because of lack of chemistry. Timing was bad on the both of us since we would not have the chance to see eachother at all.

I have 2 major relationships. One was based in an offline situation.

Yes it can, and there has to be a certain kind of chemistry between the two people. It maybe physical, mental, or spiritual.

bandit

1- What is your sex? Male

2- What is your sexual orientation? Straight

3- Are you: Married Yes I'm Married.

4- What do you consider your relationship or personal preferences to relationships to be? Polyamorous? Monogamous? Monogamous

Absolutely.

Not any more, I have kids and don't need any more lol

7- Do you think scent, as in a persons natural pheromones, and genetic chemistry (genetic chemistry being the chemical reaction in your body that tells you that a particular person is a good 'mate' for you for the best possible offspring) plays any part in procreation (in the most general sense of the term, read: breeding)? I can't speak for others, but I feel that it is a factor in MY life.

A very long time ago, yes, and no it did not last. We were a couple for nearly a year though.

9- How many relationships have you been in, in your lifetime? How many were based on meeting in an offline situation? Five and two were online.

10- Do you believe love can result from online flirting or relationships? and if so, is it required for there to be chemistry between people? I do believe that people can find love via the internet. You're really forced to get to know each other before anything more intimate can occur, though I would point out that an inevitable meeting would occur and the usual physical aspects of attraction would still likely apply.
the smiling bandit strikes again! haHahA

Read the deeper side of bandit here! Or just his o/o's here.

This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

Kurzyk

Hey Josi  :-)

1- What is your sex?

Male

Heterosexual

3- Are you:

Divorced and single.

Monogamous

Very important.

Possibly but its not a major goal in life.

Yes very much so.

Fallen in love yes, and no it didnt last; in some instances because of lack of physical chemistry, in others communication and trust breakdowns.

15 give or take, the last 3 were online.

Yes Because love in and of itself is an agreement based on qualities such as respect, willingness to compromise, loyalty, attraction, etc. It's not an emotion which is fleeting. As such what two people agree to and build over time is not limited to space such as consistent physical contact or online (providing they've met in person and physical chemistry is established to be strong). The only rules are the ones those in the relationship make for what works for them.
Love can always work if all parties involved agree to it.

added: yes, chemistry has to be there which ultimately cant be determined until meeting in person. But if the chemistry is there, a long distance relationship can be perpetuated online (until someone moves to bridge the gap.)

Lilias

1- What is your sex?
Female

Heterosexual

3- Are you:
Married.

Monogamous

It is important to keep the attraction going until the parties involved develop enough common ground to solidify the relationship. But eventually those reactions need to subside.

Considering I have already procreated, the answer can only be yes :-)

It probably does, but I don't have personal tangible proof of that.

Yes, and the chemistry grew until we absolutely had to meet offline (it took 15 months). We're still together after almost seven years, the last three married.

Two, one of which started offline, lasted nearly five years, and crumbled when the online one came into the picture.

Yes, and yes. My husband and I are proof to that. An online relationship needs stronger chemistry, to overcome the distance, but it is entirely possible that the sparks will be strong enough to overload the system ;)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Serephino

1- What is your sex?  Male

2- What is your sexual orientation?  Homosexual

3- Are you:
Other : 5 year relationship

4- What do you consider your relationship or personal preferences to relationships to be? Polyamorous? Monogamous?  Poly

Yes

Yes.  I would have to adopt, but we do want kids.

I don't know about breeding, but I do know when I'm feeling amorous my partner smells really good to me.   

8- Have you ever fallen in love with someone online?  Yes

No, it didn't last.  The long distance probably was a big part of that.

Not many.  Most of my relationships have been online.  I met my current partner online, but now he lives with me.

Yes *points above*  And yes, chemistry needs to be there. 

The Golden Touch

o1. What is your sex?
Female

o2. What is your sexual orientation?
Bisexual

o3. Are you:
Married

o4. What do you consider your relationship or personal preferences to relationships to be? Polyamorous? Monogamous?
My marriage is one of Polyamorous nature.

o5. Do you believe chemistry (the physical connection between two or more people that causes natural attraction or body related reactions - like tightening in the mid region, heart rate increase, temperature rising etc ) is important in long lasting relationships?
I believe that there was to be some sort of chemistry in order to have a relationship last. Intellectually being attracted to someone is often enhanced by the physical attraction- atleast in my experience.

o6. Are you interested in procreation? (Procreation in general terms, meaning whether you personally would have the child, if you would rather adopt or would have to adopt for whatever reasons (sexuality or medically), then by all means include that in your answer)
We have one daughter currently, and when our lives become stable- a second, and third child can be expected.  Even if I was unable to give birth, I imagine I would adopt.

o7. Do you think scent, as in a persons natural pheromones, and genetic chemistry (genetic chemistry being the chemical reaction in your body that tells you that a particular person is a good 'mate' for you for the best possible offspring) plays any part in procreation (in the most general sense of the term, read: breeding)?
I believe so.

o8. Have you ever fallen in love with someone online?

I have fallen in love with someone online, and it did last. My current marriage is a result of an online relationship that lasted for nearly a year.

o9. How many relationships have you been in, in your lifetime? How many were based on meeting in an offline situation?
I have been in several relationships, close to six. Those six include short sexual based relationships, and long term dating situations.  Two of them were online based online. The other four were offline, one in high school- and the last three in college.

1o. Do you believe love can result from online flirting or relationships? and if so, is it required for there to be chemistry between people?
Yes, I do believe that love can result from online relationships. Chemistry is required in some shape or form for any relationship to start.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Elina

1- What is your sex?
Female

Straight

3- Are you:
Married __X__
Single ____
Divorced ____
Other ____________

In real life?  Monogamous.

Yes

I have 2 children, so yes.

I know that studies show that it does.  My opinion is that it is probably true.

Yes and yes.  I met my husband in 1994 online.  We married in 2000.  Things aren't great now, but that has nothing to do with how we met.

One, only the man I married.

Yes.  Yes, there needs to be emotional and eventually at least a little physical attraction.
[/quote]

Caeli

o1 » What is your sex?
Female

o2 » What is your sexual orientation?
I am heterosexual; however, I believe that I have leanings towards being bicurious, though I haven't yet had the opportunity to experiment or test that theory.

o3 » Relationship status
Other (currently in a committed relationship)

o4 » What do you consider your relationship or personal preferences to relationships to be?
Monogamous.

o5 » Do you believe chemistry is important in long lasting relationships?
Personally, I feel that physical attraction and chemistry between two individuals are important to having a healthy sex life in a relationship, something that I want to share with my significant other. However, I don't think that chemistry itself is as important as other factors in a long-lasting relationship.

o6 » Are you interested in procreation?
I am not interested in procreation - that is, having a child myself. I do not feel that this world needs the addition of more children into the world, when there are so many who don't have parents or homes to go to. I don't need a child who was borne from my body to be my child. At this stage in my life, I do not have the time nor inclination to raise a child, and don't see that changing in the future. If that changes, I would prefer adoption.

o7 » Do you think scent, as in a persons natural pheromones, and genetic chemistry plays any part in procreation?
I would imagine so, but I don't have the scientific know-how, knowledge, or background to back that statement up. As a general subjective comment that has no factual basis, I don't think I could develop a long-term relationship that includes a healthy and happy sex life with someone whose scent I found repulsive.

o8 » Have you ever fallen in love with someone online? If, yes, did it last? If, no, was there a lack of physical chemistry?
I met the person I am now in a relationship with online, but I don't believe I fell in love with them online. Did I feel intellectual and emotional attraction? Yes. But it wasn't until after I met him in person (and confirmed the intellectual and emotional, as well as physical, attraction) and certain other events occurred that I began considering, and then entered into, a relationship with him.

o9 » How many relationships have you been in, in your lifetime? How many were based on meeting in an offline situation?
One (my current). I met him online, so I have had zero (0) relationships based on meetings in an offline situation.

1o » Do you believe love can result from online flirting or relationships? and if so, is it required for there to be chemistry between people?
Yes, I do - though I still strongly believe that that love must be solidified to varying degrees (depending on the relationship) by meeting in person, as physical attraction isn't something that can be wholly determined or predicted purely through an online medium. Yes, chemistry is required - it is absolutely needed to overcome the obstacles that are presented by distance and other conflicts/troubles that occur with long-distance/online relationships.

Good luck with your survey. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Brandon

Good luck on your paper!

1- What is your sex?

Male

Heterosexual

3- Are you:

Other ____________Im in a commited relationship with 2 women who are also in a commited relationship with eachother

Complicated. Alright I guess the best term might be polyamourous although I dont really think that fits for all aspects of our relationship all the time. However I dont have a better definition for it at this time

My preferences to relationships tend to be monogamous though. I love both of my girlfriends with all my heart and soul but sometimes I wish that we had less to share with the other and more just between us. If that makes any sense

I believe chemistry in a mental sense (enjoying something that the other enjoys even if its just arguing with eachother) is vital to a successful and longlasting relationship and that that kind of chemistry can lead to physical reactions of the body.

Five years ago I would have said absolutely, now Im purely undecided because Im unsure if I would make a good father. That said, if I planned to have a child I would want them to be part of me but if we couldnt because of medical issues or sterility I would be open to adoption.

I find it doubtful because the ideas of pheromones as I understand it is supposed to be rooted in attraction. A good example of this is porn, if pheromones controlled sexual desire and the instinct to mate with people of good breeding then why do pronographic magazines/movies do anything for anyone? Obviously, porn lacks the stimulation of the other person except in a visual sense

I've fallen in love twice online before I ever saw the person. The first time it didnt last because she wasnt honest with me about a lot of things, even after we met and it drove a wedge between us. The second, I want to believe it could have lasted forever as I felt she was and still is my soulmate. There is rarely a day that passes by when I dont think about her and what could have been. She moved away to a place where we rarely talk anymore because we just cant seem to be around at the same time to use the various communication tools the internet has. Yet I said I wanted her to follow her dream and to be happy, even if it was without me. I still feel that way.

However no, a lack of physical chemistry was not the downfall of either relationsihp

I assume you mean serious relationships so I think its 5 by now. 3 I met in person when we first met and 2 I met online and only one of those I later met in person. Im counting my current relationship as 1 relationship though

Absolutely, I think chemistry is vital for the people to find common ground and grow to like eachother.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Elayne

1- Female

2- Mostly Straight

3- Single

4- I'm open to both

5- Absolutely

6- I'd like to have children eventually

7- Yes

8- Yes, but it didn't last, and the physical chemistry was definitely an issue, as was a lack of defined relationship goals.

9- I'd say maybe 6, 5 of them offline only.

10- No, I don't really think so anymore.
"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Neophyte

Donno if you still need this but I thought to give it a try

1- What is your sex?
Male

Straight

3- Are you:
Married ____
Single _X___
Divorced ____
Other ____________

Monogamous (Never met the right people to try Poly)

No...I would have to say that that is what drives lust. That is not that important in my opinion.

Generally yes.

Yes, I hate to say it. You don't smell good its hard to do anything past heavy petting

Yes...it didn't last and no, not really a lack, it never made a showing. But yes, and we still have to see this one.

Ummm 5 and 2 were offline

Yeah I can see love springing up on ya. And chemistry is important for courting, but long lasting relationships are built on bonds of trust, faithfulness and compatability.

Hope this helps Josi

Heart

1- What is your sex?

Female

Straight

3- Are you:
Married ____
Single ____
Divorced ____
Other ____________

Monogamous

Yes. A big yes.

I want to have children and I would also adopt if me and my partner couldn't for biological reasons have children of our own.

No, not really. From research I have read humans cannot really detect pheromones anymore.

Yes, it didn't last.

8, 7 were offline relationships.

I do believe love can result from online flirting etc, but potentially not sustained if there is no physical contact eventually. Yeah I do think physical reactions can occur from online behaviours but whether or not they are necessary I don't know.

phoenyx

1- What is your sex?

Female

Straight

3- Are you:
Married ____
Single ____
Divorced ____
Other > Lifemate, but not married in the leagal sense of the word

Monogamous

Yes, if there is no continued spark, then you tend to loose interest and decide there might be something better.

Have to say yes here, since I have 2 kids.

On a subconcious level yes it can.

Yes, and we've been together almost 7 years now, with no signs of either of us going anywhere.

Six. All but the one from above.

Yes, I think online you find a  certain chemistry to begin with, personality compatability, looking forward to 'seeing' them online, ect.

Hope this helps you dear. Luck.
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O