Gangs of L.A. (Interest Check)

Started by JDrew Spider, May 10, 2011, 06:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDrew Spider

GANGS OF L.A.

There was a time in the city of LA, California when boys ran wild with guns, shooting each other for the love of violence. But that time has passed. Peace? No. There is no peace. There is violence, but not among simple boys just looking for blood and guts. No.

New gangs have come into being. Four, large gangs at war with one another with a hatred so bitter that the war seems to never be close to an end.

The Nightcrawlers is the largest. It consists of European born boys and girls who are the fairest of the fair, it seems. Romanian. Every last one of them. But they hold a secret. A terrible, dark secret. What is this secret? They are called Nightcrawlers because they only inhabit the public at night. During the day they seek shelter in clubs made specifically for Nightcrawlers and humans. No one else alive. Humans go in, have a good time, and leave not really remembering what had happened, but remembering it had been a pleasurable experience. It draws them back. The Nightcrawlers are descendents of Count Dracula. Vampires. Blood suckers. The Beasts of the Night. They are fearsome and powerful.

The Lone Wolves is the second to largest, but not in any way weaker. Russian and German, most of them. Some are American. But they all one thing in common: they are strong, muscled, and rude. They hate the Nightcrawlers most of all due to a natural rivalry. They do not fear the sun, but they embrace the full moon for that is when they are at their strongest. They work as mechanics, construction workers, athletes, anything that requires brawn and not intellect. They aren't known for their intelligence, though they aren't stupid. But they too hold a secret. What is it? Werewolves. Every last one of them.

Then there is Hell's Spawn. The third largest but by far the most fearsome, the most dangerous, and the most feared. They are heartless and evil. The sins of life come easily and wonderfully to them. They take pride in tormenting the Nightcrawlers and the Lone Wolves, as well as the humans. They hold a secret they don't really care to hide. Demons. Spawns of Satan. Every one of them. They have the power to possess, to haunt, to become a ghost, to do anything they want, when they want it. They are horrifyingly beautiful. Fallen angels. Made for Heaven, but damned to hell.

And then there is the Slayers. The smallest gang, but not to be reckoned with. They fight brutally to the last and their life mission is to destroy the three gangs mentioned before. They are normal humans, infiltrating as civilians to get a chance to kill the creatures that are slowly destroying the city they love. They use every weapon available to them, which is quite a lot due to a few of them are rich and have a lot of resources. They are a problem for the three rivalling gangs. But for how long?

The civilians do not know about this war, and the gangs want to keep it that way to prevent unwanted attention. The Nightcrawlers fear their secret being revealed. The last time they had revealed themselves, mobs broke out and they were slain.
The Lone Wolves fear discovery for fright of being cast off as freaks and rejects. They strive to be accepted.
The demons do not care, but they prefer their power over the humans to be a secret to mess with their heads.
And the Slayers just want to kill every freakin' one of them.

(I'd like to thank a friend for the idea)
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

JDrew Spider

Rules-Profiles-Updates

Rules
I am GM. Obey me, lol.
Any questions or suggestions? Please feel free to ask.
Be mindful  of eachother and creative.
No God-Moding. Keep your abilities reasonable.
No one liners. They depress me.
If you are going to be absent or leave notify me.
Rules can be updated and changed any time so refer back to this thread.
Feel out the profile and post it in this thread.
Colloborate ideas amongst eachother it helps to build the story.
Be respectful and have fun.

[b]Apearance[/b][float=right]IMAGE HERE[/float] [Real or Realistic]
[b]Government Name[/b]  [Characters Name]
[b]I go by[/b] [ Nickname]
[b]Sex with[/b] [ Men, Women, both, myself] is great
[b]I am a[/b][ Nightcrawler, Lone wolf, Hell Spawn, Slayer, Civillian]
[b]I will[/b] [ Character  goals]
[b]You wan’t to know about me? Well[/b] [ Orign, background or History : Include age, personality, likes and dislikes etc.]
[b]Weapon of Choice is[/b] [ What they use]
[b]I can[/b] [ Powers and abilities]
[b]My infatuation[/b] [ Can be decided now or later who your character is attracted to]

Updates
Recruiting ....
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Starlequin

Might be fun to be a demon. Or a slayer. Count us as interested, please. Hope it can get off the ground.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

JDrew Spider

Yes, me too!

C'mon people. It has action! Blood! Carnage! Romance between the races! Who doesn't like that!?

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Kristine

is there a place for non-gang member, for example... cop, or something like it... who has no idea about all that gang-thing and who's getting involved somehow... maybe had to work with one of the gangs, for example the slayers, in the process?

JDrew Spider

Wonderful! Just a few more people to get it off the ground and I'll put a Profile sheet up.

@Kristine. You mean like a detective? That's a very interesting idea. I think it would do the story good and I welcome civillians as well. I don't expect all characters to be gang affiliated.

Spider Hole
Apologies

elfguy

I could play a devious, ruthless, sexy female vampire if there's a need for that.
----

Kristine

That's cool :)
I'll take the role of female detective officer if it's ok :)

I'll upload character info soon

JDrew Spider

@elfguy, be my guest!

Sure, go right ahead ^.^

Profiles up, feel free to post them here. I'm still waiting on more to join.

Spider Hole
Apologies

TheScarletBlade

So what is the deal with the slayers? do they work in sort of independent teams or are they big and gang like, repping colors on the block?
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Kristine

Apearance
Government Name
Salome Nakashidze
I go by
Sally
Sex with
Men
I am a
Civillian - Detective officer
I will
Try to solve crimes.
You want to know about me? Well
24 years old, member of the Georgian immigrant family, with father and grandfather both having life-long experience of working in Police in her old country. Her mother is criminal expert too, so she had no real choice of profession when she came of age. Sally got very first place in L.A.P.D. soon after graduating from Police Academy. Lucky day was when FBI knocked at the door of her department's chief and asked for her help. USA had some joint operation going in Georgia to catch international terrorist. Being cop and knowing Georgian was two main reasons why FBI have choose her to include in the team. The operation was successful and returning to USA Sally was promoted to detective. Envied by many that girl her age achieved more than some aged officers trying so hard for so long, she is somewhat disliked among few of his colleges, but she does her work perfectly so far.
Weapon of Choice is
Walther PPS
I can
Pros: Shoots sharp and fast, physically fit to run long distances, drives car well, Knows 3 languages besides English. Smart.
Cons: Weak in fistfight. Bad with knifes, clubs, swords or other such weapons. Have a hard time trusting people. Very suspicious. Somewhat impulsive.
My infatuation
Will be decided later

bubby

Inquiry! So...we got a LOT of Powerful characters associated with this RP. Does this mean people will be able to pretty much do what they want to other chars...or will there be restictions on god-moding? I hate god-moding...

I want to be a demon. Is my char 'pretending' to be human or just doesn't care that anyone knows 'what' she is because she -is- so powerful? Is it possible that the impending 'infatuation' could be someine from another gang?

elfguy

Apearance

Government Name  Alisa Buscan

I go by Alisa

Sex with bi

I am a Nightcrawler

I will Try to have fun, dominate others and become more powerful.

You want to know about me? Well Alisa is a 21 years old girl who plays guitar in a band. That's her real life, her cover. In reality, she used late night performances to spot new victims, and seduce them. Then, she brings them in to the Nightcrawlers and they are never seen again. Alisa loves to act sensual and use her body to attract new preys. The hunt turns her own, and for her the thrill of finding a new target and dominate them is worth any effort.

Weapon of Choice is Alisa likes to get her hands dirty. She has a fit body, spending a number of hours every week in the gym, and loves to overpower a prey with her bare hands, before planting her vampire teeth into their exposed neck. Being a Nightcrawler also enhances her natural agility and strength. Of course she can't rival with strong men, or with supernatural beings such as werewolves, in which case she often carries a sharp dagger in one of her boots and knows how to use it. She dislikes guns or other projectile weapons and is more likely to run and hide when faced with them, and come back later when she can get the jump on her prey.

I can Paralyze my victims and turn them into fellow Nightcrawlers by planting my teeth into them. I also have enhanced agility and strength.

My infatuation [ Can be decided now or later who your character is attracted to]
----

JDrew Spider

@TheScarletBlade. Well the last time I did this roleplay they were more of independent teams. Some decided to be solo acts and others rolled in big groups. However they all remained apart of the same community. So It's up to you if you want to have a partner, be a lone warrior or if anyone else is a slayer(s) you can decide amongst yourselves. I thought about slayers having a certain tattoo that actually identified them as slayers.

@Bubby. Oh no there will be no god-moding. As long as you keep it reasonable, you can decide the limits of your power. Even demons can be defeated. Just keep in mind the biggest thing for a demon to worry about is a slayer. I'd like to think of your character is out and about showing off  she/he could put theirselves at risk. Might even be someone demons who wouldn't like it either. Just remember Reasonable! I'd like to think as these demons like the ones from those exorcism movies, except they have their own bodies

@elfguy. Lovely profile, but I would prefer if you use a more realistic photo. If you need help finding one I'd be more than happy to help. Thanks darling. I would suggest sites like model mayhem or visualize.us.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Starlequin

Apearance

Government Name Leon Brentwood

I go by Leon

Sex with anyone hot with a pulse -- and a soul -- is great

I am a Slayer

I will give those miserable, inhuman freaks a working demonstration of the term 'genocide.'

You want to know about me? Well, I was hoping we could get to know each other a little better first, but why not? I'm 26 years old, I like all kinds of music, I can't drink worth a damn and I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy rock climbing and surfing every once in a while, I'm a pretty good cook, and I love Jackie Chan movies. Oh yeah, and I like to hunt monsters in my spare time. Still interested, baby?

See, when I was a kid, I lived with my Uncle Dean. When I got a little older, I worked in the local supermarket he owned. One night after closing, the two of us were staying late to finish emptying the registers and sweeping up, same as most nights, when I heard the old man scream in his office. I thought he was having a heart attack or something, so I ran to the office to call 911.

When I got there, I saw this...thing, pinning him against the wall with its teeth buried in his throat. The creature ripped its jaws away and tore his throat out as it turned to stare at me, hunger and hell-fire in its eyes. It was tall and its skin was dark, mottled and wet, slick with blood and God only knew what else, with patches of fur and scales everywhere. Its ears were mismatched and pointed, and I couldn't tell if it was male or female. Of course, at the time, I didn't give a damn. It was like someone had tried to design a nightmare beast but couldn't decide which parts would be scariest. Behind it, Dean slid down the wall and collapsed on the floor, his jagged jugular spurting gouts of blood onto the carpet. I watched in horror as the light died from his eyes, and the monster laughed in my face, a sick, gurgling sound that I'm certain I'll take to my own grave.

"You're lucky I prefer my meals with a little age on them, you little juicebag...but now that I've had a taste, maybe you'll be seeing me again in a few years," it said, its voice high-pitched and raspy, like a brass bell being dragged down a gravel road. It laughed again and slapped me aside with one arm. I was sent flying across the room and slammed my shoulder into the wall; when I came to, Uncle Dean was dead, and the monster was gone.

The cops were no help; Dean's murder went on the books as an extortion scam by one of the local gangs gone bad. I got put in foster, and was placed with an old woman who was pretty good to me. I graduated high school, went to college on a boxing scholarship and majored in accounting. None of it made the nightmares go away. But I sleep a whole lot better when I've killed something that shouldn't be living.

I got introduced to slaying by a girl I met at college, Aimee Lynn Riley. There was this party one night, and I saw this guy checking her out. Something about the guy creeped me out, and yeah, maybe it makes me sound like a creep myself, but when I saw her leave the house and him following behind, I decided to follow along too. I caught up to them just in time to watch him collapse into a pile of dust as she rammed a stake through his heart. When she realized I was there she spun around, stake at the ready. I'm certain she would have killed me, even though I was human, just to keep me from talking, but...there was this look we shared, like we were the only two people on earth who could understand each other. She took me to an all-night diner and we talked until dawn about the monsters that were out there, and how to kill them.

So now, my days are pretty dull. I'm on payroll for an architecture firm in town, keeping the owners from finding out they're financing not only their buildings but my rather exotic nightlife. My evenings are a lot more fun, though. Well, for me, anyway. For the subhuman things that cross my path, my evenings are just blood and fire. Mostly theirs.

Weapon of Choice is anything handy, but I'm particularly partial to this pair of custom-crafted .45s with silver and ashwood-inlaid grips; they're usually loaded with hollow-point rounds packed with a small mixture of salt, silver nitrate and oak splinters in the tips. Oh, and pretty much anything that goes "BOOOM!!" in a spectacular and violent fashion is on my holiday wish-list, too.

I can walk around in sunlight, enjoy garlic bread pizza, cross over running water and step on consecrated ground, use genuine silverware and not lose my damn mind just because the moon looks pretty. And I can make things dead in really creative and unusual ways.

My infatuation...well actually, I'm sort of married to my work. I know, I know; it's not healthy, especially in this business. But the occasional one-night stand or torrid affair is always enjoyable.

bubby

Yeah...um...Starlequin...YUM..*cough*..ANYWAY..

I'm happy to hear that JDrew. I plan on having my demoness be hawt, dangerous, deadly, and off her rocker. I got the weekend off so I'll work on putting up my char bio tomorrow!

Starlequin

*nods* thought I'd go with a self-pic for once...>.>' wha? *doesn't think they're buying it*  :D Thank you, thank you...I gotta say, I think something similar every time I see one of your avis, bubby. And...a psychotic demon AND a psychotic slayer? Sounds like fun for everybody, haha!

bubby

bubby

Apearance

Government Name Khory Bannavin

I go by Khory

Sex with Men. As long as they are silent. They are to look good and shut up.. and do as they are told.

I am a Hell Spawn

I will Bathe in the stolen sanguine of the pathetic blood suckers. Besides, their damn Clubs are too loud. Tends to make a girl..crazy. Tear out the throats of the flea bitten dogs. They just smell. Have fun with the Slayers as they try and figure out just what the HELL..oh I kill me...is going on.

You want to know about me?  WELL...it was a dark and stormy night, and I was falling. All was fluffiness and puppies, which was pretty boring really, then it was damn hot. And fun. Such dark delights! Long ass time ago though, vague..besides, asking a lady her age is bad for your health, don't you think? I like me now. My wings are cooler, maybe I'll show them to you. And now, oh now is the most important thing. That was then, this is now. Although I do remember War. So much War. Battle with swords, with honor, it was so delightful to torment mankind then. They were truly frightened of me then. My kind were respected. Now..they whine. GOD do they whine. They don't believe. Where have all the cowboys goooooonneee...I'll make them all believe..

Weapon of Choice is My body is a weapon dahling...

I can Make you feel me without even touching you. Sink into your mind, your flesh, your very being. Make you want me with a desperation you've never felt, AFTER you've bought me dinner. Wear your body if I so wish it, tear it open from the inside out, though really, if you haven't showered there is NO WAY.

My infatuation is whoever I happen to choose at any given moment.

JDrew Spider

Alright!

Very nice and might I add hilarious new additions. I should have everything set up, including my profile, by the end of the day.  A few other's have to me with some very interesting ideas such as a drug task force.

Vampires dealing blood with crack in it is kinda of interesting. XP

Alrighty! Let me work my magic!

Spider Hole
Apologies

JDrew Spider

Don't feel bad, I'm still working on getting the individual places up. I've been busy too. But TONIGHT! I will have everything posted and we all can start! I'd say a Lycan is in order. I think we're missing those.

Honestly I did want to get a few more characters.

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Well...I'm still here and waiting if you want to try and gain more chars. I'm easy that way!