Campy 1950s invasion scenario

Started by RedEve, September 01, 2012, 08:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

After my failed attempt to get a WW II invasion scenario off the ground, I will now give it another try.

Instead of the second world war, the setting would this time be the Cold War. Only I see it as a largely campy and tongue in cheek in exercise (think Red Alert series), nothing too serious or too historically accurate.

In this scenario, Stalin is still very much alive in 1955, and he launches a full-scale assault on the US, after having first overrun most of Europe.

All of the major cities on the Easter sea-board would be invaded at once, from the sea and the air. Tens of thousand of airtroopers would be dropped in to capture strategic locations, at the same time as a large invasion force landing at the several urban centers. The forces guarding the cities would be overwhelmed, and reinforcements would take some time to arrive. Essentially, regular citizens will be fighting the Soviets as they take cities like New York, Washington, Boston, Miami, ... street by street and block by block.

I do not intend this to be a too serious or realistic game, so feel free to take some liberties with your character design.
To give you an idea, this will be my character likeness:

Hardly standard issue Soviet uniform, but this game is meant to be fun and light-hearted first and foremost.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Nekogirl Kate

Seems interesting, bookmarking it for now.

MzHyde

Will there be time travel and dolphins with lasers on their heads?

RedEve

Quote from: MzHyde on September 01, 2012, 10:17:23 AM
Will there be time travel and dolphins with lasers on their heads?

Perhaps... :D

RubySlippers

Why fight I would want to be a USA Communist Party member and collaborator, especially if she gets to where that uniform.  :D

Belisuavious

1SAZ

Since WWII seems to be out of the question, The Cold War is the next best thing. I'm still interested in any case.

PhantomPistoleer

What?  They could've never done that.  Kidding.  I'm interested, too.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

JinxedMinx

I'm interested in a little light-hearted Cold War debauchery.

I think I'd like to be part of the resistance. Perhaps covertly, depending on how heavy the military action is.

By the way, RedEve, I thought your WWII idea was great and I am sorry that it didn't work out.

TheRaven

I'm game. Consider me interested.

EDIT: Also, my own personal contribution to the campyness.

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

RedEve

Quote from: TheRaven on September 02, 2012, 02:10:16 AM
I'm game. Consider me interested.

EDIT: Also, my own personal contribution to the campyness.

That's inspired.  ;D

RedEve

Name: Svetlana Anova
Faction: Soviets
Role/position/rank: Major in the Red Army
Abilities & skills: Fluent in English, proficient with a handgun (a Makarov), experience as a battlefield commander in the European theater of war.
Equipment: Sveltana Anova is the commander of a battalion of Russian paratroopers that are to be dropped over NYC prior to the landing of the main force.
Background: Svetlana was born in Moscow in 1926. When the war broke out, she and her siblings were sent to their grandparents farm far outside of Russia. Two years after the war’s conclusion, Stalin issued Order 312, which made conscription compulsory for both boys and girls from the age of 18 up. Svetlana was enlisted in the army and proved to be a good soldier. She went through paratrooper trainer and was finally put in the field for real at the start of the Russian-European war of ’51-’53. She fought with distinction in France, Italy and Portugal. She missed the invasion of England whilst recovering from a stray bullet she caught in Lisbon.

Stalin spent the next few years solidifying his grasp on Europe, but also preparing for the coming invasion of the US. During this time Svetlana was promoted to Major and as an experienced battle commander she was selected as one of the officers who would take part in Operation Bear Claw, the largest airborne operation ever attempted by the Russian army. Troops were amassed and trained, vehicles were produced at a large scale. Finally, in October of 1955 the Soviet army was ready for battle. The day for the invasion was set on Monday the 17th of October, early in the morning. Some 150000 paratroopers and a million men would land on the Eastern seaboard of the US. It was integral they would succeed at establishing beach-heads all across the coast, if their invasion was to be successful. Svetlana’s Battalion was to land in NYC.

RedEve

The major fire icons signify a large invasion force, the smaller fires represent smaller forces. The basic strategy will be the same everywhere. Airborne troops will be dropped in, after which the main invasion force will come in from the sea.

I would like the majority of our game to take place in the battle for NYC, so make sure you character takes part in that region of the invasion.

Caitlin

Awesome! I'm glad to see you give it another attempt RedEve. I have to ask though, was this inspired by the introduction movie I linked in the previous thread? ;D

I want to wish you a lot of luck with the story and I hope to see this one come alive. ^_^

RedEve

Not interested in joining up yourself then? :D

Caitlin

I'm very very tempted, but I'm also at the limit of what I can handle with my games. I know that for my own sanity it's probably for the best to sit this one out. On the other hand, I'm also learning Russian and will follow an official course later this year, when it starts in November. I've always been very interested in Russia and studied the USSR and cold war in general a lot in the past. Though America won the cold war in the end, I can't help but have a certain admiration for all that the Russians accomplished as well. To top it all off, I might even be dating a Russian woman soon enough, so yeah, I think you can picture why I'm interested in joining. ;D

Additionally, I'm also a huge fan of the Red Alert series and put a lot of hours in playing all three games.

Still, I also believe that if I can't do something well, I shouldn't do it at all. I hate putting out low quality writing because I'm in a hurry to get things done and I'm not sure if I can upkeep my usual quality standards if I join too many games. The one time I tried to join one more game than my limit I had to withdraw from it within a week because I couldn't keep up. :(

So yeah, in short, I'm divided, but I think it's better if I pass up on this. Unless it turns out that I can withdraw from another game and join this one instead. I'll see if I can manage something, but I don't want to make any promises either.

RedEve

Anyone who is interested, please fill out a CS and leave it in here.
Use the template I used for my character.

Belisuavious

Name: Micheal McNaughton
Faction: US Partisan
Role/position/rank: Construction Worker
Abilities & skills: Speaks English and some German, proficient with a rifle,
Equipment: M1911 pistol, knife
Background: Micheal was born in 1926, just at the tail end of the Roaring Twenties. Being just a little kid, the Depression didn't affect him as much as the adults, though he was more than able to pick up on the strong undercurrents of stress and anxiety around his family home. He did what he could to help out, doing whatever errands a young boy could do to make a bit of money. Then war broke out in 1939, when Micheal was just 12 years old.

To him, it was simply another European War, though he paid it a passing interest for a while, before the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941, and the whole country seemed to shift its focus. His older friends enlisted in the army and he followed their progress as they fought and died in Africa and Sicily. Then, in 1943, he lid about his age to join the army, and was a part of Operation Overlord and the bitter fighting that followed through the French countryside. He survived, many did not, and it was not something he enjoyed talking about with his younger siblings or mother when he got home. His father though, he had been in the trenches 30 years earlier, and he understood. They never spoke about their experiences, but somehow, Micheal felt closer to his father than he had before.

With the end of the war, he did his best to settle down and build a life for himself. He managed to find a job with a construction company after a string of bad jobs, including bartending, mechanics aid and a plumbers assistant. He was more or less happy with his job, and made enough money for him to live comfortably in a small apartment  in one of the slightly shady parts of the city. He was finally starting to think that his life would be back to normal, that the nightmares were finally gone. He was wrong.

Foxy DeVille

Name: Ivana Bendova
Role/position/rank: Kapitan in the KGB
Abilities & skills: Bendova is a skilled espionage agent, especially in sexual seduction and enhanced interrogation techniques. A cunning linguist, she speaks English, German, Russian, and Slovak in addition to her native Czech. Since her work frequently requires her to be unarmed, Bendova has trained in the Soviet martial art Sambo. Her hobbies include chess and skiing, she is quite good at both. 
Equipment: Bendova has access to a variety of espionage devices, sex toys, and torture devices. Her weapon of choice is the Tokarev TT-33 semi-automatic pistol she got from the Red Army during World War II. Bendova is the trainer and commander of eight "swallows," female Soviet agents that gather intelligence via seduction.
Background: In 1918, Ivana Bendova was born what was soon to be Czechoslovakia. She had a budding career as a photographer when the Nazis invaded her homeland. Because her parents were members of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia, they were executed by the German occupiers. A vengeful Ivana joined the resistance, at first using her photography skills to spy on the Nazis but then she discovered that many lonely Germans were eager to have a beautiful woman in their beds. Bendova began using her body to acquire intelligence from her unsuspecting lovers or lure them into ambushes. Her resistance group received aid from the Soviet Union which increased Bendova's loyalty to communism.

After the war, Bendova continued to work for the communists. She provided intelligence on rival factions that helped her allies take power. When Czechoslovakia became a Stalinist dictatorship, Bendova joined the StB, Czechoslovakia's secret police. She aided the government in tracking down and eliminating dissidents with great ruthlessness. Her talents were noticed by the Kremlin and in 1954 they asked Bendova to join the newly created KGB. Bendova eagerly agreed, recognizing the resources and opportunities she would gain. Given the rank of kapitan upon joining, Bendova was tasked with training female agents in preparation of the Soviet invasion of the US.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

RedEve

Interesting character Foxy (beyond the funny name :D).

Would you like the idea of her being embedded within the city already at the time of the landing? Perhaps she arrived six months prior under an assumed identity?

Cosmo_ac

Given the deliecious looking ladies that bare being posted so far, i have to wonder how much sexual content one can expect in this game.  That being said, so far it is looking rather interesting.  Like Red Dawn, except better tits :D

I admit, love Foxy's use of the term "Swallow" ;)  I think more then a few men might enjoy interogation at the hands of ms. Bendova ;)

Foxy DeVille

The embedding idea sounds cool. And Cosmo... "swallow" was the actual KGB term for their female agents that would use sex for secrets. The male versions were "ravens," because the Soviet Union was apparently designed by comic book writers. "Let's give 'em a red star on everything. Cool accents, spell things funky. And some special agents called ravens that will turn American women into spies by having sex with them. This is gonna be awesome."

TheRaven

Name: Sergei Zolnerowich

Role/position/rank: KGB Agent

Abilities & skills: Trained with several standard, and many nonstandard weapons, as well as Sambo martial arts.

Equipment: His preferred sidearm, a Stechkin APS outfitted with a suppressor, and plastic explosive

Background: Born in 1922 in the Russian countryside, Sergei was the child of farmers. An integral part of his duties as a child was hunting with his father, an art in which he excelled. Sergei had already enlisted with the Red Army before World War II broke out, and as such, fought on the front lines of the war. During late 1942, he was sent to Stalingrad, where he joined up with a sniper regiment in the city, and despite the hardship that the battle there presented, he treasures them as his fondest memories of his comrades during the war.

He continued to fight in the Red Army, serving with distinction and earning himself an Order of Lenin before he officially retired from active duty in 1954. His retirement also coincided with his acceptance into the newly-formed KGB, where he proved himself an able covert operative. He was sent to the United States before the invasion, and was tasked with making sure that New York City's defenses would be caught unawares by the Soviet invasion.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Cosmo_ac

QuoteAnd Cosmo... "swallow" was the actual KGB term for their female agents that would use sex for secrets. The male versions were "ravens," because the Soviet Union was apparently designed by comic book writers. "Let's give 'em a red star on everything. Cool accents, spell things funky. And some special agents called ravens that will turn American women into spies by having sex with them. This is gonna be awesome."

Hah!  Very cool.

Belisuavious