[VAN] Earth Boys are the Hottest! (WUSHU system)

Started by Celestial Goblin, June 12, 2008, 02:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

The galaxy is a big place, full of space kingdoms and empires, awesome superships and exotic wonders. The Galaxy Police chases after the ever defiant space pirates, interplanetary noble houses and corporations jockey for power and mad scientists routinely balance on the edge of blowing half of that galaxy up.

Planet Earth might seem a backwater, too primitive to even be a part of the Galactic Council, but you know what? Earth boys are the hottest.

Whenever you're a high-tech amazon on vacation, space pirate babe on the run, rebelious princess who's fed up with her court, or someone much crazier, you just can't resist the charm and sweetness of that one handsome earthling. He's going to be yours, even if you have to beat others to him.

This game is inspired by the anime Tenchi Muyo and other 'harem' style anime. It's meant to be comedic, crazy and possibly kinky, but ultimately light-hearted. There might be actual sexual scenes, but they aren't the focus. Instead, adventure, romance, craziness and constant 'tug of war' ('tug of love'?) between the love-stricken space girls will be the most prominent.

(the wise book Teenagers From Outer Space says:'sex just isn't funny enough, even if you are in a clown suit at the time.  Frustration, now...that's funny.' :D )

The ultra-light rpg system WUSHU will be used to play. Don't worry though, character creation is just listing three things you are good at and optionally one thing you suck at.
Download WUSHU Open for free here:
http://www.bayn.org/wushu/wushu-open.html
And browse the setting wiki here:
http://wiki.saberpunk.net/Wushu/EarthBoysAreTheHootest

We have openings for 2-3 female characters and if someone wants to play the guy they're after, the role is also for the taking. I am the GM and so far MadPanda is interested in playing.

MadPanda

That's 'the dread Space Pirate Ryari, Scourge of the Jurian Main' thank you very much!   :) :)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

bump!
Still looking for a rival for the hand of our poor, hapless Earthling.

In Memory of Bishrook

Athem

One rival coming up:

Princess Aquarius

Blonde, toned and curvaceous, Aqua is the spoilt and slightly naive daughter of the King of Atlantis, who's run away from home to see more of the world. She is not a mermaid, and takes exception to being called one (to an Atlantean, it's about as polite as calling a woman a whore); she can breathe water and swim like a fish (figuratively!). All Atlanteans are trained in the use of spears, spear-guns, knives, and fighting unarmed, though it would be fair to say that she's more used to fighting in/under water.

As an Atlantean, she's used to wearing little more than a bikini or a swimsuit; as a princess, she's already acquired quite a selection; as someone who's not that familiar with the surface world, she's a bit gullible about Earth ways and fashions, and hence easily persuaded to wear sexy outfits, even if they're uncomfortable. Or silly ones.

She's prone to forgetting that non-Atlanteans can't breathe water...

Traits
  Atlantean Princess 5
  Devastatingly beautiful 4
  Martial Artist 3

Weakness
  Makes Morobishi Ataru look lucky... everything she does to look cool, tough and/or sexy inevitably backfires, often involving a 'wardrobe malfunction' of some sort, cf 'Jane' :)

MadPanda

The Dread Space Pirate Ryari

She's bad!  She's smoking hot!  And she's wanted in half the galaxy for things ranging from parking tickets to 'accidentally' triggering a supernova!  Dangerous curves, wickedly foxy crimson eyes, spiky white hair, and a whole wardrobe of skintight two-toned outfits that leave little to the imagination, this swashbuckling threat to virtue and planetary stability is now in the neighborhood..and stuck until her starship can repair itself, which could take a while.

Her powers include the ol' energy blast (which can also manifest as a beam saber), desolidification, flight, and short-range teleportation.

Her big problem is, of course, that except for puny little backwater planets like Earth, people recognize her by sight and usually respond with lots of firepower!  So once word gets around that she's on Earth, she'll have bounty hunters, Galactic Patrol officers, and other starfaring hoodlums showing up...everybody wants her, but not for the 'fun' reasons!

Concept: Intergalactic Bad Girl

Alien Powers Suite in B Major 5
Hot Alien Mama 4
Brawls like a Pirate 3
BAAAAD Reputation 1

Chi 3

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

I might be interested in playing the hapless Earth guy.  I'm going to need to read up on Wushu, though.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

HorusRe

I'm literally salivating to take the role of this worlds 'Tenchi'.  I've been a massive fan of the OVA since I saw the first few episodes... back at a time when almost all anime I watched came taped from Con's, and those episodes tended to be Japanese (no sub, no dub, meaning the gang and I had to try and guess what what going on through the visuals only).  Of course I'm not approved yet, pending that I'd be overjoyed to take on the role.  Soft spot for a lost Jurai Prince that really just wants a quiet place where he is not continually the sexual object of a gaggle of crazy/wacky/powerful ladies (most of whom are older than he by at least a few thousand years).

Celestial Goblin

You were first Jefe, so if you need any help with WUSHU, let me know. It's open source and easy and a quick read.

HorusRe, I'm really sorry, but there can be only one 'Tenchi' character, otherwise the whole insanity evaporates.:)

We can take on another love struck female character, though!

HorusRe

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on July 04, 2008, 10:56:17 PM
You were first Jefe, so if you need any help with WUSHU, let me know. It's open source and easy and a quick read.

HorusRe, I'm really sorry, but there can be only one 'Tenchi' character, otherwise the whole insanity evaporates.:)

We can take on another love struck female character, though!

'Tis what I feared, just a hair too late in finding the site.  *pouts*  But first come, first served... I bow away from the role and hope my esteemed comrade in RP enjoys his spot as the most wanted male this side of the Crab Nebula.  *thumbs up to Jefe*

Once I get approval, and if there is room, I can cook up a Mihoshi-esque doddle-bee with only two brain cells to rub together (unfortunately one is opposed to labor so it refuses the rubbing) but a strange perchance for mad acts of blind luck.

Celestial Goblin

All right, I think there's enough of us now.
Jefe, the guy role is all yours. Horus, you're welcome to make a Mihoshi type char:)

We'll start in a few days, if that's okay with everyone. And those who didn't post their chars yet, please do so:)

Jefepato

Cool.  Just to clarify: exactly how backwater is Earth?  Is humanity at least capable of space travel (and/or generally aware that human men are considered especially attractive)?

Also, how many trait points do we get?

MadPanda

Barring CG's override...

Earth is Earth, more or less as we know it.  So yes, it's a backwater, galactically speaking.

Since almost every alien race out there is humanoid, they like Earthlings just fine.  (See Uresai Yatsura, Star Trek, Tench Muyo...)

And the trait split is one at 5, one at 4, and one at 3...the 'usual' for Wushu.

In Memory of Bishrook

HorusRe

Okay, I'm using the character template Panda put down, as I liked that entry.  I'm also throwing in a little RP kind of intro thing... just to be silly.

The INFAMOUS Intergalactic Detective Sachiko Chiasa

- initializing data report 00113.233.49 from sector 69.18 -

*the screen flickers to reveal... nobody sitting in front of a littered background*

*a disembodied voice*  Sachiko?

*a happy sounding female voice*  Katsu?

*first voice* SACHIKO!  Your report to First Command?!

*a head pops up into the screen, stopping at the eye level, jet black hair put hastily into a pair of dangling pony tails on each side of her head, golden skin colored a soft pink around the cheeks, large violet eyes staring blankly*  But I'm playing my role playing game with Daiki.  Didn't we do this yesterday?

*a sigh from the frustrated sounding disembodied voice*  That was two Galactic Standard weeks ago Sachiko.  You agreed to send this report yesterday, you didn't file it yesterday.  You just...

*the half a head releases a scoff, blinks those rousing violet eyes twice, and then pops up until the face vanishes and an ample bosom replaces the big eyes, cleavage exposed from underneath the jammies clad in happy robot faces casting peace signs on mechanical hands*

Let's get this over with then, we were just unlocking the fifth key in the dungeon of Ashlandia, they say there is an ancient dragon in the Chamber of Ten Thousand Sorrows that will grant a wish if you can beat his word riddle and I'm pretty sure Daiki can figure it out, he's a really smart guy.

*the bust turns and the back grows smaller as the figure wanders away from the recorder to sit in a command chair, turning back only when her curvy form has flopped down lazily into the command seat*

So yeah, anyway, um... nothing to report from sector nine...

*a grumble form the disembodied voice*  Sector SIXTY nine Sachiko.

*she lets out a guffaw and pratically rolls out of her seat*  Sixty nine?!  How funny!  You think they have a rule about naughty things that happen here Katsu?  Well, anyway, yeah, nothing to report from sector sixty nine.  *she pauses to snicker*  Um, will report for debriefing on 220 point zero zero, as directed.

Sachiko... *the voice moans in hopeless resignation to the curse of this officer*  That was thirteen Galactic Standard days ago!

Oh. *she looks at first perplexed and then seems to spring up like some happy toy, all grins and closed eyes and animated gestures with her pajama covered golden arms*  Well, better hurry home then!  We'll see you guys in Command soon!  Agent Chiasa signing out!  *she salutes and then bounces up and back to her place under the monitor, as a pair of machine eyes attached to a boom system drops into view*

This is Victory Ship Katsu to First Command... HELP!

- end transmission -

Sachiko Chiasa (happy child, thousand mornings - as in that's what every day with her feels like).
She is the bane of the Galactic Investigations Branch of the Police force, First Command would have canned her if not for the fact that she is the daughter of Senior Commander Honzo.  So she was shuttled off to a place where they hoped she could do no damage, Galactic Investigations.  In other words "go and patrol remote corners of the galaxy and look for odd happenings which rarely ever happen".  Much to the chagrin of High Command this walking accident waiting to happen often stumbles across actual cases.

More annoying, she some how manages to solve them!  Usually this means something the size of a moon explodes in the process (never taking her out, and they sometimes curse her luck) but she usually manages to bumble across the solutions in some wacky fashion.  This causes mountains of paper work in First Command, mountains that are still being worked on by a staff of 50 working virtually around the clock, but has gained her quite an amount of fame among other detectives.  So while she is the dead albatross to her commanders (hung around their necks until the curse is lifted) she is kinda of considered a good luck charm to her fellow detectives... it's just that nobody wants to risk being around her lest they are not protected by her uncannily good luck.

She flies around in a Victory Class attack/patrol ship, piloted in large part by the ships computer Katsu.  She has a rather large arsenal of weapons and powered armor, most of which she only has basic knowledge of how to use. Her only "power" is her uncanny good luck, which brings her right where she needs to be when she needs to be there, and saves her keister from becoming kibble every time something really big goes boom.

Her failing is that she is not exactly the brightest bulb in the bunch.  She's also pretty self-absorbed and immature.  But what she lacks in brains and wisdom she generally makes up for in her childlike innocence and bubbly personality.

Concept: Bumbling Intergalactic Detective

Stumble over clues: 5
Shoot things with other things and miss a lot: 4
Galactic Police Procedures: 3
Bubble headed: 1

Chi: 3

(This okay?  Should I change the traits?)

Celestial Goblin

I made an OOC thread. IC thread will be up soonish, but I'm waiting if anyone has any suggestions towards the immidiate sorroundings:)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=18075.0