Firefly Class Ship Looking For A Mechanic (Canon or Original)

Started by Cynadea, October 21, 2014, 12:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

Mechanic wanted!

Must know how to fix a Firefly class ship, as well as the different systems on board. The ship is in good condition but Captain Eleanor Duval doesn't feel confident when they're in the black without a mechanic on board. Looking for someone serious who can post once a week and not hold the subgroup back.

For more information on the group, click here  for the ooc thread or here for the wiki page.

The subgroup (A small group within the larger group, with little to no interaction with it) works as a sandbox between episodes, which are GM'ed events. The third episode depends heavily on the mechanic. The character needs to be either straight male or bisexual/gay female. The current ratio is of 2 males for 5 females.

Guest spots also open.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

eBadger

Interested, but I'm a bit confused by the fandomverse/"sandbox between GM'd episodes" thing - is this just a few characters chilling out or is this a plot based adventure?

Cynadea

We have "Episodes" which are gmed events. Like episode one, for example, had two characters kidnapped by a mob boss, which ended up with the crew shooting the mob thugs off the ship before taking off. Between episodes, it's sandbox-style, meaning that characters can RP their things together, bond and form relationship (friends, lovers, enemies, etc.).

Fandomverse is a larger group, but the Firefly-based ship is always ion its own, travelling in Firefly-based universe, and will most likely never interact with the other characters.

I hope that helps. :)

eBadger

GM'd "events" - as in adventures that are also based on one per week posting, with small stretches of down time between, or something on video chat/IM/short bursts of high posting?

Are events system based (and if so, which system)?

Apologies for the confusion, just trying to sort out what you're looking for and the links are kinda massive and require lots of filtering to find what pertains. 

Cynadea

That's all forum-based. It's a quick pace loosely scripted story. Like right now, for the 3rd episode, all that's planned is that the ship will be dead in the water, in the middle of nowhere (hence the need for the mechanic) and that either scavengers or Alliance will try to board the ship.

There's no dice system. When there's a battle going on, each players get a PM saying "you can kill x bad guys" and if they should end up wounded or not and to what extent. It's up to the player to make it as spectacular or as boring as they want to.

It's alright, I don't mind answering questions if it can help you make a better decision ;)

eBadger

Cool, thank ya.  I'll give it a think and see if I can come up with an interesting character for a mechanic or guest; don't hold a spot for me/anyone else is welcome to snag it. 

Cynadea

I wouldn't be against having a guest who's also a mechanic anyways. It's the position that has most trouble staying filled for some reason. ;)

wander

Also up for being a mechanic... Is there a specific character sheet template to fill in? I own the current Firefly rpg book, so I have characters ready to go and ones that can be molded into a ship's engineer role also.

I know eBadger is showing interest, but a ship can always use another spanner hand ;)

Cynadea

I'll go with a first come first serve.

The character sheet template is in the first post of the ooc thread. Fill it and send it to both Arkhos and me, please :)

wander

Oh in that case I've leave it to eBadger, it's only fair.

If you could keep me in mind if you need another new crew member, that'd be awesome though :)

Cynadea

I meant first one to submit a sheet, first serve.

If my time as a GM here has taught me anything, is that there's a step between showing interest and building a character sheet. So go ahead, fill a sheet and submit it. :)

eBadger

I don't have a concept and I'm a bit hesitant about a systemless game, so by all means go ahead - is why I said not to hold a spot for me.  I'll throw my hat in for a passenger spot if I come up with something. 

wander

Long as you don't mind eBadger... I feel a bit of a sniper for doing that now... Anyway, I'll see if I can cook something up rather than have the GM go without, at least there's a free NPC to come out of it from me :)