Dragon Riders of Pern [Interest Check]

Started by Majere Dreavan, January 14, 2017, 01:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majere Dreavan

hread is falling. The Red Star is on the horizon and all that work done by the brave riders during the ninth pass was for naught. Now, there are groups that hate and fear the new technology, and are attacking. Will you help us through this trying time?

Just checking interest for a semi strict Post Aivas Dragon Riders of Pern Group. Click the Logo to learn more, Leave a note if you're interested. Any deep questions can be answered here or PM, Thank you for your time.

Available for Adoption

Jr. Weyrwoman of Igen Weyr
?? Gold Corseth -10 Turns(Available for Adoption)

Jr Weyrwoman Igen Weyr
??Gold - 5 Turns(Not Available at this time)

Weyrling Gold
??1 Turn (Non-Adoptable at this time)

Jr. Weyrleader of Igen
?? Bronze ToropethAdoptable (Temporarily mated to Gold Corseth Of Jr. Weyrwoman Killara)

Jr. Weyrleader of Igen
??Bronze KoranilthAdoptable (Temporarily Mated to Gold ?? of Second Jr. Weyrwoman)

Weyrling Master
M'ran 45 TurnsBronze NoralthAdoptable (GM Approval required}

Assitant Weyrling Master
Position Open and Available

Assistant Weyrling Master
Position Open and Availalbe

Candidate Master
Bilarin 50 TurnsBlue MirtanathAdoptable (GM Approval Required)

Assistant Candidate Master

Assistant Candidate Master

Headwoman
ShamarPosition Open and Available

Character Template

NameInclude Nicknames in "quotes".
GenderWhat Gender your character Identifies as, and What sex they were born.
RankGreenrider, candidate, journeyman harper, etc.
Hair
Eyes
Height
Weight
DescriptionThe finer details of your characters appearance, scars, etc
HistoryShould be long enough to cover the important bits, short enough to still be interesting.
PersonalityBe detailed, but concise.
Honorific
PreferencesFor Candidates: What type of dragon would best Suit your character, you feel. Not color, you may pic A color you don't want to end up as, if one really irks you.
DragonFor Riders: Name of your dragon (separate template for dragons)
NotesAny final notes, etc.
Send filled templates to SweetSerenade and Myself Via PM, Please.
Dragon Template

NameInclude Nicknames in "quotes".
colorJust the basic Brown, green, blue etc
Rider's RankGreenrider, candidate, journeyman harper, etc.
AppearanceHere is where you can get into the details of special colors etc.
Personality
For riders

At present all adoptable positons are GM approved, just toss us a character sheet. Please everyone send in Character sheets if your interested. If there's an issue we'll talk through it.

SweetSerenade

Greetings and Salutations, I have arrived. Though I think I shall head to bed. I hope to see some interest on this!

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Thorne

Interested, albeit my usual concerns about free-form games make me hesitant. ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

AcademicCuriosity9110

Been a long time since I've read any of the books, but I'd be interested in this.

My request thread!

A/A thread Started/updated 02-22-23

Mac84

Wow! I've not read any of the Pern series since High School!

SweetSerenade

Wonderful to see so many interested people! What sort of characters are you interested in joining as?

I currently have a slew of characters I'll be making.  :3

TheSaneOne

I have an interest, but I still need to read and learn about the universe.

fireflights

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

SweetSerenade

Please feel free to click on the 'Skies of Fire' Tag in Maj's post, so you can review some information for this game! ;3 We are very excited to hear what people are interested in!

fireflights

I think I would be one of the ones who would be more for the technological advancements.

Livin in MD now.

SweetSerenade

Do you have an interest in a Weyrtown Folk? Holder? Crafter? Weyrfolk? Rider? :3

fireflights

Rider most likely, could go with Crafter though, but Rider is first thought

Livin in MD now.

SweetSerenade

That's awesome :3 I it's always nice to see people interested in Riders! ;3

Majere Dreavan

I'm interested in seeing Crafters and Runners. Runners especially.

SweetSerenade

xD Well Lieryn, one of my characters, is a Journeyman Beastcrafter with a Runner Specialty? xD

Thorne

Almost surely a Rider; Pern is largely responsible for my obsession with dragons.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

Do please look over all the details in the Skies of Fire Banner in Maj's first post ;3 I know it's a lot of information, but it'll be helpful in your decisions on whether you want to join this game or not. :3

fireflights

Question...

Gold Dragons
The Largest Dragons on Pern, and some of the rarest. Gold dragons are the only dragons, known, capable of clutching the eggs that create the next generation of dragons. You can always tell a Gold Dragon's egg, because it is often right at the front of the clutch being jealously guarded by it's mother. The Golden Egg, is the only egg that ever hatches a gold. A Gold dragon is capable of controlling any of the lower ranked dragons. Gold Dragons do fight in Threadfall, when it used to happen, by the use of a flamethrower their Rider used. Gold dragons lack the secondary stomach needed to produce flame.
Impression Standards: Heterosexual CisFemales, Leadership Qualities Required.
Statistic: In Traditional Pern Golds make up about 1% of the Pernese Dragon Population
Rising/Clutching Deatils: Rises once Every few turns when there is no threadfall, Rises about once a Turn when threadfall is present. Can clutch up to 25 eggs.

Does this mean you want a CIS female dragon rider or the dragon is a female?

Livin in MD now.

SweetSerenade

Only Cissexual Heterosexual human females can bond to a Gold Dragon. Just like only Cissexual Heterosexual human males can bond to bronze.

The Impression Standards are the rating of what humans these dragons will impress to.

There is no such thing as a Homosexual Dragon on Pern, or a Transgendered dragon for that matter. They were genetically engineered as a species from a specific source. That is not to say we won't allow homoromantic dragons, but all dragons are driven by their need to mate. Female dragons won't Chase female dragons. Male dragons won't rise to mate, and will definitely not mate with other male dragons in a failed mating flight.

Thorne

As I recall, that was one of the reasons there were so many of the greens; there was usually /something/ for the bronzes, browns and blues to chase.
... man, it does come back quickly.

I was thinking a green rider. I have someone in mind, just have to dig her out of the folder. Preferably without causing it to explode. ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Thorne on January 14, 2017, 03:59:45 PM
As I recall, that was one of the reasons there were so many of the greens; there was usually /something/ for the bronzes, browns and blues to chase.
... man, it does come back quickly.

I was thinking a green rider. I have someone in mind, just have to dig her out of the folder. Preferably without causing it to explode. ^^;

Correct, Greens make up 50% of the Pernese dragon population.

fireflights

Got ya, well from what I was seeing there then, I'll be going for gold dragon :P

Livin in MD now.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireflights on January 14, 2017, 04:02:07 PM
Got ya, well from what I was seeing there then, I'll be going for gold dragon :P

There is only one adoptable Gold Dragon. The listing of those able to be adopted are within the Igen Clutch Detailing as well as 'Important People' of the Weyr.

SweetSerenade

Special GM NOTICE

The Position of Jr. Weyrwoman and the Rider of Gold Corseth (Hatched Turn 2012, So the dragon is 10 Turns old) Is a 'Try out' Position. This means we will be accepting Applications for the position. Once a minimum of three applications to be Corseth's rider (And this requires a profile for Corseth as well) has been completed, we will begin deciding which Rider/Corseth pair is best suited for our game.

fireflights

Well seeing as I don't like taking over people's already created character I will forgo the gold, I didn't see that the Green could accept cis hetero women, so I guess I'll go for that instead.

Livin in MD now.