Interest probe for Mutant & MasterMinds 3E game

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, August 22, 2016, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Capes, Hooligans and Vigilantes

Capes,  Hooligans and Vigilantes is a 'Kick Ass' style  3E Mutant and Masterminds game.   That is self propel by the players themselves and will not be story driven by a story teller.   Players may choose to play either a good guy - 'Cape' or a villain - 'Hooligan' or one that skirts in between - 'Vigilante'.  In a fictionalized city called Paradise City.   

The basic gist of the setting is players will communicate and work out scenes. 

Example:  Players 1 and 2 are playing hooligans.  They wish the rob the bank.   Of course in working out the scenario  players 3 and 4 are playing capes.   The run the scene and well one outcome is the hooligans are captured.   Which for them they can now instigate a jail break scene.  Instead of the hooligans failing they rob the bank and capture one or two of the capes.  What dastardly deeds will they do to the capes.   Then like the hooligans, a escape scenario for the capes.

Game system outline:  Power level 6 / 90 pts  http://www.d20herosrd.com/home

Locations

The Blender is a club that is neutral ground in the game.   It actually is a foreign embassy that has diplomatic immunity on the property.   Which allows everyone to hang out.   Located in south end.   

The Sludge  is a seedy dock and warehouse area of the city.    Western northern half of the city. 

The Brick Mile  Downtown  Along the center the city bordered by all the other sections.

Blue Reflection:  Upscale beach front area mix of residential and upscale businesses.   Western southern half of the city. 

North Break  North Break is located along the Eastern edge of the city.   And is  mainly residential.   

South End  South Break is located along the Eastern edge of the city.   Diplomatic community,  Museums, Theaters and Clubs.   

As for headquarters and hideouts.   I leave that to the players to develop and add to the over all theme of the game.

Carnal theme of the game is all up to the players.    The game overall theme is design for those that want more substance from story lines with or without romance to develop.    Or if they want to be ravaged and or get into BDSM that is fine too.   

NC-Erotic - System 

[float=right][b]'Alter Ego Costume'[/b][img height=269][/img][/float]

[url=]Character sheet[/url]

[b]Alter Ego:[/b]
[b]Secret Identity:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]  [color=blue]Cape[/color] - [color=red]Hooligan[/color] - [color=purple]Vigilante[/color]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]No-No's[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[float=right][b]'Secret Identity[/b][img height=269][/img][/float]

[b]Secret Identity occupation:[/b]

[b]Background[/b]

There is no limit to number of players.    I also like a volunteer for another to help moderate the game.  At least one perhaps two more.   As for how many characters a player can play.  I am going to say two at the beginning.    We will go from there and see how things move and engagement of players commitment.

Elven Sex Goddess

'Alter Ego Costume'

Character sheet

Alter Ego:  American Star
Secret Identity:  Mika Anderson
Alignment:  Cape

Sexual Orientation:  Heterosexual with bi-curious

No-No's  Scat, vore, water sports and pedophilia

Personality:  Genial outgoing vibrant personality.   She has that easy laid back attitude that allows others to talk to,  which helps her as a bartender.   

'Secret Identity

Secret Identity occupation:  Bartender

Background  Mika is a orphan born and raised in Paradise city.   Who grew up in a network of foster homes.    Despite moving from home to home with different foster parents.   An of course trouble in her latter teen years.   That would get her into juvenile detention from the age of sixteen to when she turns eighteen.  Mika would get her high school diploma and train in martial arts.    For Mika is in top physical condition.   Because of a genetic mutation,  giving her enhanced physical attributes.   An the ability to dissipate damage from blows.   

While working after release at a  Burger King.   The place is rob one night by some hooligans.   She just turn nineteen a few days earlier.   Mika decided that she wanted to something.   So  she took the alter ego persona and would become a cape.   

One might ask why not a vigilante instead.   Well Mika wants to become a lawyer and one day become a district attorney.    She attends the community college of Paradise city during the morning.     An worked at night.   She would also attend a bartender course and get her license for that and upon turning twenty one.  She would get a job at the Blender as a part-time bartender.  She also supplements her income with working for a maid service when need for cash flow.   Which is always tight, but she is determine to be on the straight and narrow.   

Now little over a year working at the Blender.   And three years as a cape in the city.   Mika has gain some local fame as a cape in the city as the American Star.   

wander

Oh, nice! ^^

I am showing interest and will try and work on a character sheet when I'm able.  :-)

A little low-powered, though having a more street level aspect to the game should be interesting. ^^

LordRod

I am willing to assist moderate depending on how many hours a week you are looking for.  Also looks interesting to play and will post the basics soon (after I do a char for another game)
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: wander on August 23, 2016, 12:43:00 AM
Oh, nice! ^^

I am showing interest and will try and work on a character sheet when I'm able.  :-)

A little low-powered, though having a more street level aspect to the game should be interesting. ^^

Nice, looking forward.     I wanted to keep the game localized in and around one city.   Stay away from world shattering events.   Thus starting them out just below low super power levels.  At a level at top human levels.   In a sense mirroring like Gotham and its collection of characters from like the old Batman TV show.   Or say like Arrow now.     

Quote from: LordRod on August 23, 2016, 08:11:40 AM
I am willing to assist moderate depending on how many hours a week you are looking for.  Also looks interesting to play and will post the basics soon (after I do a char for another game)

Great and  as for how many times posting in the week.   That is up to each person.   Part of the reason this came about in trying.  Is how many games bog down and die off because half seem to disappear.     To let the players move at their own paces within the game.    Thus creating a series of plot lines that run at the same time allowing a backdrop for players that are active to stay engaged.   While those that perhaps due to real life or perhaps a loss of muse for awhile to disengage and still be able to step back into the setting. 

LordRod

Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Drowdeviant

Hmm this seems interesting.

Question: Are we intially barred from having supernatural abilities with our characters since the game is going for a more batman feel? I ask because I might have a hankering to make someone similiar Zatana, being a mixture of a stage magician and a mischief maker (kinda think Loki if he was way less of a power hungry, arrogant dick and was more good natured as well as playful).
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Drowdeviant on August 23, 2016, 11:53:18 AM
Hmm this seems interesting.

Question: Are we intially barred from having supernatural abilities with our characters since the game is going for a more batman feel? I ask because I might have a hankering to make Zatana type character who's a mixture of a stage magician and a mischief maker (kinda think Loki if he was way less of a power hungry, arrogant dick and was more good natured).

No not barred from having such.  The only difference is the power level is all.    As staying away from god like levels of powers.   However, everything is open, as to type of powers and origins from magic,  science, accident, mutant, gadgets etc...

So the comparison example of Gotham and Batman is nothing more then a relevance in giving people a mental picture of the setting.   

An to expand further it is not a noir setting.    As mention think more in terms of the old Batman television series.   With a slight more edge and grit.  Yet maintaining that comic book feeling.   

wander

I've got two character types I'm interested in playing.

One is a sort of space manipulator, though I'm not sure how their powers will function at the lower power level exactly. I'd be lowering a PL 10 character for it. May be an interesting fit, not sure how useful I could make their Teleport or associated abilities though.

The other is basically doing a fairly low level powered Green Lantern analog. I doubt I could afford through the PPs to give them anything too fancy and they likely will have something like a low level blast, construct and field through the removeable ring as their Power-Set.

I own DC Adventures rather than M&M 3, however it's basically just a reskin with the DC canons, the rules are the same. Just to put that forward from the start.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: wander on August 23, 2016, 03:47:16 PM
I've got two character types I'm interested in playing.

One is a sort of space manipulator, though I'm not sure how their powers will function at the lower power level exactly. I'd be lowering a PL 10 character for it. May be an interesting fit, not sure how useful I could make their Teleport or associated abilities though.

The other is basically doing a fairly low level powered Green Lantern analog. I doubt I could afford through the PPs to give them anything too fancy and they likely will have something like a low level blast, construct and field through the removeable ring as their Power-Set.

I own DC Adventures rather than M&M 3, however it's basically just a reskin with the DC canons, the rules are the same. Just to put that forward from the start.

That is fine.

TheVillain

Admittedly the sheet's a bit harder to make but here's my idea.

'Alter Ego Costume'

Character sheet

Alter Ego: Vox
Secret Identity: Dr. Timothy St-James
Alignment:  Vigilante

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, but willing to act homosexual for a laugh.

No-No's: Scat, Pedophilia

Personality: An idealist that dreams of a better future. Sometimes too the point that it feels like he was born too early. A rare mix of ego and compassion, as he's fully aware that he's a genius but genuinely wants to use his gifts to make the world better. Whatever it takes.

'Secret Identity

Secret Identity occupation: College Professor of Physics and Engineering

Background Timothy St. Johns was born in what later would be known as Paradice City's "Cancer Road". This suburb would one day make the news when it was discovered that among those who lived in one of the houses for longer then 6 months the cancer rate was a horrifying 93%, with a fatality rate of at least 86% by current numbers- not that any of the residents knew that at the time. All Timothy and his parents knew was that somehow a 4 year old got a type of throat cancer normally only seen in people who have smoked for decades.

It would be a tough battle with Timothy too sick to start school with his peers, but the other children in the cancer ward would be his first real friends. Home-schooled by his parents and allowed to go at his own pace he discovered an aptitude for mathematics and science. By the time the cancer went into remission he was two grades ahead of children his own age, but not without cost. The cancer had absolutely ravaged his throat, years of reconstructive surguries were undertaken to even allow him to eat solid food again let alone talk. More telling was the psychological wounds as he had literally watched almost all of his earliest friends die, often painfully, and was unable to voice even simple concerns let alone his actual opinions.

Intellectually, he was praised as a boy genius who had completed his PhD by his 21st birthday. Psychologically he was mess, the exposure of the Cancer Road cover-up in his late teens along with the cancer deaths of his parents before graduation transformed a quiet prodigy content to be left alone into a fiery ball of rage unable to express the simplest of opinions without violence.

Then a whistleblower revealed that the pharmaceutical company that made his cancer treatments had been diluting them for profit since the 70's. Snapping entirely he began to see himself as the voice and avenger of the individual. The world thinks the court ordered therapy is working, the truth is that Vox was born. As Vox he's anarchist terrorist with seemingly impossible levels of technical aptitude. He has no powers but he's shown near superhuman levels of skill in hacking, drone engineering, bomb making, and strategy. And he uses those skills too, as a self-appointed avenger of the innocent and voice of the people.

He intends to Burn Paradice City, Burn it until it's Free.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Elven Sex Goddess

:-*  Welcome Villain.     Glad to see you jump on board.    The game idea is homage to  Bishrock   the fate sister.    An her Champions game we were in.  I miss her greatly.   

TheVillain

She was a fun lady.

Let me know if I need to come up with something a bit more appropriate or workable.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

wander

Placeholder post for character development...

Just considering my options with 90 PPs. I have a PL 10 version of the character I'm using, so just depowering them somewhat. ^^;

I'm spending Abilities like so; (32).
My planned skills and defences should total; Skills (17) + Defences (17)

Thats 66pts, leaving a fair 24pts between Powers and Advantages. I also plan to use Removeable for a Green Lantern styled Power Ring. So, I'll likely gain 5pts in advantages, then for 20PPs, have 25pts in powers in their special ring. Enough for a few tricks and stuff. :)

Gonna go with this Power-set;

QuotePower Ring = 25 PPs, Removeable = 20 PPs

Power Ring AI & Database: Feature (2pts)
Flight Level 4 (8pts)
Force Field: Protection 4, Impervious 4 (8pts)
Green Flame Array (7pts);
x Energy Blast: Ranged Damage (dynamic) Rank 2 (5pts)
x Energy Construct: Create (dynamic) Rank 2 (1pt)
x Lifting: Move Object (dynamic), Rank 2 (1pt)

Tagan

I am interested.  Let me gauge my time available.

How often will you want posts?

Muse

I'd like to play too!  :) 

*Smiles*  If this is a homage to Bishrook, I don't think I can keep myself away. 

I believe I'll make both a cape and a Hooligan, the second with a tendency to molst heroines he captures--provided their players are non con fans.  :) 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tagan

Hmm, now I DO want to play!  I could play your Hooligan's lesbian sister/sidekick?  What do you think, Muse?

Muse

Oh, hey!  That would be epic, Tagan! 

PRobably a little sister.  I see him as almost thirty, and definatly a fallen cop/cape. 

'Alter Ego Costume'

Character sheet

Alter Ego: David Tremel
Secret Identity: Ropes
Alignment:  Hooligan

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual and dominant. 

No-No's

Personality:

'Secret Identity

Secret Identity occupation: Police Detective

Background Seven years ago, officer David Tremel was a hotshot rookie cop in Paradise City on the fast track to detective.  He had college level certification in law enforcement and years of martial arts training and even--to those who really digged--some time in an especialy hard hitting branch of the Society for Creative Anachronysim.  He was a good shot too. 

Most of all, he was a good cop.  Working some of the harsher beats in Paradise City, he won the respect and admiration of those who knew him--even in poor minority neighborhoods--with respectful manners, a handsome face, and a reputation for always being the last man on the scene to draw his gun. 

David's Partner, Toby Li, was also a bit of a legend.  Even more so than David, Toby's martial arts skills and fight gunmen without drawing his peice were the stuff of legend.  Another young officer--Daniel Ramirez, said they should make a movie about the two and call it Extraodrinary Abilities." 

Only two men on the Froce--Toby and Daniel--new David's secret--or why they were just as likely to find his suspects tied up with ropes found on the scene as cuffed.  David was a  mutant.  His family possesed a variety of abilities that were not just extraordinary, but actualy superhuman.  They weren't always 100% human in appearence, either.  For example, not only can david animate ropes with a sort of limited telekensis, he is in peek physical condition and able to heal at speeds no normal human can match, with two extra limbs growing from his back behind at the bottom of the shoulder blades. They might be described as tentacles.  David calls them his tendrils--or just his ropes.   They're sensitive, fully prehensile, extremly resilient, ablet o regenreate fully in a few days, and can go from nodules on his back to a reach of thirty feet. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tagan

Ah! Perfect backstory!  Makes my character's powers and history more plausible!

Let me start tweaking her...

Muse

:)  Tell on? 

Tagan, as I start to describe David's fall, would your character be the one who tempted him into his first rape?  (Sidekick?  Little sister?  Does she get off enough on Ropes that they can share the occcasional hot caress during a threesome, or is that kept to a reasonable minimum.) 

Tagan

Hmm.  She's going to be his perfect partner, but be in the background mostly, helping him from the shadows until the moment of triumph.

He's her Shiva, I.E. He can do no wrong in her eyes.  If he decides he wants to do things to her, she'll smile and be happy he's pleased.

Personally, she's mostly a voyeur, though she will join in when she gets heated.

As for 'tempted' him?  Perhaps he did it in 'revenge' for a girl crushing her heart ruthlessly?

Tagan

'Alter Ego Costume'
Yes, that is a wig.

Jennifer Tremel

Alter Ego: 'Zap!' (But she hardly every wears the disguise, preferring to work from the crowd, incognito.)
Secret Identity: Jennifer Tremel
Alignment: Hooligan with her brother Vigilante alone

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual with a brother fixation

No-No's Extreme violence, Scat or Gore

Personality: The lovely wallflower who's smiling sweetly.  Every time you think your beginning to understand her, she inches back a bit more.

'Secret Identity

Secret Identity occupation: Student (Administration)

Background When her brother went 'bad', she couldn't see it.  He was her rock in an unsteady world.  Her fragile heart had been taken, her body displayed to millions on you-tube, her innocence stolen.

David made it right.  When her powers manifested, she knew she was given them to protect and aid him.  He was her angel, and always would be.

wander

Edited in a power-set to the post above.

Guess I should work in the actual character. Looking at the above characters, mine is gonna be veering more towards Cape territory and I guess that helps even things out somewhat...

Skynet

I'd be interested. One question though: are anime images alright? If not or they don't fit with the others, I can always change them!

'Alter Ego Costume'

Character sheet

Alter Ego:Ricochet
Secret Identity: Amanda Vasquez
Alignment:  Vigilante

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

No-No's Mutilation, Scat, Urine Play, Vore

Personality: Coldly professional, stoic, a woman of few words. Ricochet is slow to trust and to strong emotions and tends to speak in a monotone voice. She lets out her true self when she meets her match in battle, excited at the prospect of testing her skills to the limit.

'Secret Identity

Secret Identity occupation: Linguist/Translator

Background America was hit hard by the economic depression, Puerto Rico included. A loner, Amanda didn't have many people to rely on, so by the time she got out of high school she jumped at the opportunity to join an "experimental instructional course." Turned out to be an indoctrination facility for a league of assassins. She got out and is now independent, but by then she knew little more than how to be a hired gun, so she did just that.

Tagan

Quote from: Skynet on August 28, 2016, 09:03:05 PM
I'd be interested. One question though: are anime images alright? If not or they don't fit with the others, I can always change them!

Anime images are fine!