Recruiting for Young Justice! Post Season 2

Started by LyraTigereyes, May 14, 2014, 06:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Nightwing
Robin/Red Robin
Impulse
regarding impulse though
Didn't Bart Allen end up taking on the alias of Kid Flash after Wally's death?

Juggtacular

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Yeah, Impulse/Bart became Kid Flash to honor Wally's memory

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: apygoos on May 15, 2014, 12:16:44 PM
note: Robin [Dick] is 13 in YJ season 1, the 5 year gap would make Nightwing 18..well exactly when he became Nightwing evne by offical canon so, theres no problem there.
If i couldnt have Nightwing, im not sure about Tim.

This is actually incorrect.  Nightwing is 19 at the beginning of Season 2.  His birthday is on December 1, as stated in issue #26 of the Young Justice comic book.  Season 1 ends on New Year's Eve.  Season two takes place five years after.

Edit:  As an addendum, I highly recommend reading issue #26 if you're a big Dick Grayson fan.  It's got two really cute sub-stories about his burgeoning friendship with Artemis, whom he invites to his birthday party, and his competitive relationship with Barbara.  It also has a cute little ending -- which is sort of a swan song, considering that the cartoon series was cancelled so unceremoniously.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

Lyra, do you want to claim your character so I know who to pick  :P

apygoos

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 15, 2014, 02:27:36 PM
This is actually incorrect.  Nightwing is 19 at the beginning of Season 2.  His birthday is on December 1, as stated in issue #26 of the Young Justice comic book.  Season 1 ends on New Year's Eve.  Season two takes place five years after.

Edit:  As an addendum, I highly recommend reading issue #26 if you're a big Dick Grayson fan.  It's got two really cute sub-stories about his burgeoning friendship with Artemis, whom he invites to his birthday party, and his competitive relationship with Barbara.  It also has a cute little ending -- which is sort of a swan song, considering that the cartoon series was cancelled so unceremoniously.

eh one year off, i didnt know there was an issue 26, last i saw was issue 25
so who infact is playing what?

Juggtacular

PhantomPistoleer

And I'm definitely going for Nightwing.  :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

Interested in Cassie, Barbara or Zatanna.  I'll pick whichever one Lyra doesn't want.

LyraTigereyes

I could go for Cassie, Megan, Artemis, or Zatana.

Go ahead and make a claim, Ari :)

AribethAmkiir

Well, if PP isn't against it, I'll see if I can't do Babs justice.  :-)

PhantomPistoleer

I am not against it.

But I wanna be. 8-)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

all ready has the "dog" part of Nightwing down.   ;)

LyraTigereyes

That's our Dick, the Boy Whore ;)

Just kidding PP :P

So, in that case, I'm leaning towards Artemis, since we have a Wally, but was kind of hoping for someone to pick up Tim or Kon so that I could play Cassie or Megan; I like those characters more.

So, I'm going to hold off on my choice for now and see who hops in. I'm going to switch this to a recruitment thread and start up some threads for us in the group forums.

apygoos

well if Nightwing is already spoken for, i guess i could try Tim as Robin/RedRobin

KnowThySire

You don't have to pick a character on my account, l
Lyra. Pick whoever you want to be the most. Heck, I picked a guy who's technically dead.

*is in the speed force thinking of a way out*
There can only be one king.

Cold Heritage

This has, in the past, not turned out incredibly well, but I would like to try and play Superboy.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

KnowThySire

With that mentality, it's no wonder. :-(

*pats CH on the back*

Welcome to the club, Mini-Supes.

LyraTigereyes

Quote from: apygoos on May 15, 2014, 05:27:17 PM
well if Nightwing is already spoken for, i guess i could try Tim as Robin/RedRobin

Then I'll play Cassie, if that's alright?

Quote from: Cold Heritage on May 15, 2014, 05:31:59 PM
This has, in the past, not turned out incredibly well, but I would like to try and play Superboy.

You're hired :)

apygoos

sure you can play Cassie. I see Tim being pretty shy about the relationship, but being the strong, forward girl that Cassie is, she more than offsets that quality between them.

AribethAmkiir

Looks like things are shaping up pretty well.  :)

Needs more female players.  :P

PhantomPistoleer

BTW, this was the official roster for Young Justice.  Obviously, some of the characters have passed on -- but, it might give people some ideas!  There are two female characters listed that weren't seen in the show.

B01 - Robin/Nightwing
B02 - Aqualad
B03 - Kid Flash
B04 - Superboy
B05 - Miss Martian
B06 - Speedy/Red Arrow
B07 - Artemis
B08 - Zatanna
B09 - Rocket
B10 -  Tempest
B11 - Aquagirl
B12 - Troia
B13 - Robin
B14 - Lieutenant Marvel
B15 - Sergeant Marvel
B16 - Batgirl
B17 - Bumblebee
B18 - Lagoon Boy
B19 - Beast Boy
B20 - Robin
B21 - Wonder Girl
B22 - Blue Beetle
B23 - Impulse
B24 - Guardian
B25 - Arsenal

Troia:

Mary Marvel, AKA Sgt. Marvel:

Also, you could also add in Supergirl:

and Starfire:

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

We should keep the roster true to the show, in my opinion.  At least for the beginning of the game.  If Kory and Kara come in later that'd be cool.

Just my 2 cents.

PhantomPistoleer

WIP

B01:  Nightwing
Base of Operations:  Blüdhaven 
Species: Human

Personality:
Dick has matured considerably since he first joined the team. As Nightwing, he is more driven and focused—just like his mentor, the Batman.  Since the loss of Jason Todd, Nightwing has reined in the wisecracks, and has become much more somber and serious.  A different side to him is what makes Wally call him a "dog"—he has had relationships with multiple girls, including Zatanna, Rocket, and Batgirl, and all are still on good terms with him. When asked, he has commented that it was his superpower.

Powers:
Nightwing possesses no known superhuman powers.

Abilities:
Nightwing has peak human strength, speed, agility and endurance.  He is generally considered to be one of the greatest acrobats alive, and is a top-tier martial artist.  He is an accomplished detective, hacker, engineer and strategist.  Furthermore, he has extensive training in subterfuge, escape artistry, demolitions and various forms of detection.  He is proficient in the use of all forms of weaponry, and is an expert marksman with thrown ranged weapons.  He is multilingual, and has a very broad knowledge of current events, both local and abroad.  Additionally, his training under Batman has made him resilient towards chemical gases and torture techniques.

Equipment:
Like Batman, Nightwing employs a number of gadgets in his war against crime.  They include sleeping gas grenades, smoke bombs, wing-ding batarangs, shurikens and bolas.  He frequently utilizes small-area explosive gels and darts with chemical payloads.  He regularly employs a grappling gun to swing between buildings or reach high places in a matter of seconds.  His preferred weapon of choice are twin nigh-unbreakable polymer escrima sticks.

His armor is a Kevlar-weave, fire-retardant suit with numerous containers.  His mask has thermal and night vision.  He regularly uses a holographic interface, which also functions as a source of light.

Vehicles:
The Car:  Nightwing uses a highly modified muscle car with numerous exterior shells to better blend in public.  The Car also features a number of gadgets, like a grease-gun, a caltrop dispenser and razor tires.

The Motorcycle:  Nightwing also frequently uses a stripped-down Bat cycle.

Nightwing's Hideout:  Nightwing operates out of a warehouse in Blüdhaven.  It has a repair bay, crime lab, gym and a teleportation station.  When Mount Justice was destroyed, the Warehouse served as a makeshift area of operations for The Team. 
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

Before we start throwing up character sheets we should actually discuss some things, no?

KnowThySire

Yeah, it's a little too soon for those. What things would you like to discuss, Ari? I myself am wondering what should be done about villains. Will they be npc'd or will we recruit for them?