News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Xbox One Vs PS4 - Next Gen gaming

Started by Moraline, May 21, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Slywyn on June 19, 2013, 04:34:03 PM
Or people can continue to make singleplayer games like they always have and everyone can be happy.

What a wonderful world we're in where that sort of thing happens.

Which includes Mario, Sonic and Link.  What a wonderful world indeed.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

I shouldn't have to 'settle for Mario'. You're proposing a world where Last of Us doesn't exist and every game is Defiance. Sounds awful :P

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sabby on June 19, 2013, 04:53:33 PM
I shouldn't have to 'settle for Mario'. You're proposing a world where Last of Us doesn't exist and every game is Defiance. Sounds awful :P

I'm not proposing anything.  And further this all started as a joke.  I used Mario as an example.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 04:52:13 PM

No need to be rude.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SinXAzgard21

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 04:58:54 PM
Just giving as I get.
Eh, I don't see that. All he said was yes. I think you're being a little rude. :\
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

Forgot, have to walk on eggshells.

Slywyn

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 04:52:13 PM

It can also include other games that aren't Nintendo made. Like Last of Us, like Dragon Age: Origins(I would say DA3 but I don't know much about it), Destiny, or any other number of games that are coming out.

I don't see what the issue is with people wanting to continue to have epic, solo-play games.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Slywyn on June 19, 2013, 05:13:46 PM
It can also include other games that aren't Nintendo made. Like Last of Us, like Dragon Age: Origins(I would say DA3 but I don't know much about it), Destiny, or any other number of games that are coming out.

I don't see what the issue is with people wanting to continue to have epic, solo-play games.

There is no issue.

Slywyn

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 05:15:16 PM
There is no issue.

But you're telling us that if we want single player games we should go play "kid" games like Mario, Link and Sonic, rather than the 'adult' games that would presumably make up things that aren't Mario, Link and Sonic?

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Moraline

Quote from: Kuje on June 19, 2013, 04:21:46 PM
Microsoft reversed a lot of what they said at E3 as seen from this posting today:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-80-microsoft-reverses-xbox-one-drm-features/
Thanks for the update. I knew they'd have to start buckling to pressure, their sales figures and public impressions are abysmal so far.

Now if they'd just cut the price by $100 then they might stand a fighting chance.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Slywyn on June 19, 2013, 05:22:03 PM
But you're telling us that if we want single player games we should go play "kid" games like Mario, Link and Sonic, rather than the 'adult' games that would presumably make up things that aren't Mario, Link and Sonic?

They were used as an example since they are almost always single player.  Personally, I don't care if you play single player or multi-player.  This all started of an MMO joke and I feel that it is a dead horse now so I'll be moving on.

Quote from: Moraline on June 19, 2013, 05:24:34 PM
Thanks for the update. I knew they'd have to start buckling to pressure, their sales figures and public impressions are abysmal so far.

Now if they'd just cut the price by $100 then they might stand a fighting chance.

I doubt that will happen.

Slywyn

I don't really buy the article. You can trade disks, but if a disc can get sold(And costs more money than digital), why would a publisher use discs if they have digital just sitting there waiting? It says nothing about their stance of allowing publishers to decide if a disc can be used more than once, which is what a lot of people were concerned about.

No DRM is nice though.

Kuje

You're welcome. :)

Oh, on a related note. Today's update on the ps3 causes them to become hard locked and unable to boot up. Sony already pulled the patch but a lot of people already downloaded it.

Slywyn

Quote from: Kuje on June 19, 2013, 05:41:06 PM

Oh, on a related note. Today's update on the ps3 causes them to become hard locked and unable to boot up. Sony already pulled the patch but a lot of people already downloaded it.

Just went and told my sister because that would have been awful. =0

SinXAzgard21

Sweet, thanks for the info.

ShadowFox89

Rumor is that an Army General called up Microsoft and told them to knock that shit off, because soldiers want to have their games overseas.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Oreo

Thanks for the info. I got scared for a second. I just got my new PS3 all hooked up and ready to go yesterday afternoon and thought I might have been in the time window to get borked. It seems to be working fine though.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Shouron

Since I use my PS3 for playing PS1 games mostly since my PS3 library is crap right now, the warning was nice. My roommate came into the room to warn me just as I contemplated booting it up to play Jade Cocoon.

Thanks for the info on the fact they pulled the patch though. What a relief.
When you look at yourself in the mirror, who is it that stares back at you?

Sex Bobomb

Absurdity. Retailers were already running dry on Xbone pre-order allotments. Microsoft was looking ahead to the future. Digital distribution is the future, and along with it DRM. I would much rather my console phone home once a day than have to have a disc in my tray to play.

As far as the price, given the kinect being bundled in, it's fine where it is.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on June 19, 2013, 08:29:19 PM
Absurdity. Retailers were already running dry on Xbone pre-order allotments. Microsoft was looking ahead to the future. Digital distribution is the future, and along with it DRM. I would much rather my console phone home once a day than have to have a disc in my tray to play.

Good for you, evidently you're in a very slim minority if public outcry and Microsoft's own reactions are anything to go by, however. :\
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

The future hasn't happened yet, and it likely won't happen in this console generation.  Hell, back in the CD days, people were saying that Music would go digital with the advent of Napster.  It's been how long and CD sales (Despite what the RMAA wants you to believe) are stronger than ever.

People want hard copies.  We've ALWAYS wanted something physical to say "I own this!"

This is why novels are still being sold, despite the ease of owning a tablet and Amazon and other E-Book vendors.

I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that this will be the future that we want, as opposed as the future that we're forced to accept.

Not to most people.  Sony pulled this BS back with the PS3, and it took them two years before they sold as many consoles as MS did.  And they've been lagging behind this entire generation.  Despite having the largest and most diverse line up of games in the entire generation.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sex Bobomb

Quote from: Inkidu on June 19, 2013, 08:39:24 PM
Good for you, evidently you're in a very slim minority if public outcry and Microsoft's own reactions are anything to go by, however. :\

The internet is full of knee-jerk inflammatory bandwagon riders. Microsoft buckled under that pressure.

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 19, 2013, 08:41:26 PM
The future hasn't happened yet, and it likely won't happen in this console generation.  Hell, back in the CD days, people were saying that Music would go digital with the advent of Napster.  It's been how long and CD sales (Despite what the RMAA wants you to believe) are stronger than ever.

People want hard copies.  We've ALWAYS wanted something physical to say "I own this!"

This is why novels are still being sold, despite the ease of owning a tablet and Amazon and other E-Book vendors.

I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that this will be the future that we want, as opposed as the future that we're forced to accept.
Not to most people.  Sony pulled this BS back with the PS3, and it took them two years before they sold as many consoles as MS did.  And they've been lagging behind this entire generation.  Despite having the largest and most diverse line up of games in the entire generation.

This is largely a subjective post. Games, music, books, have all been slowly but steadily shifting towards digital distribution. Steam, Amazon MP3, E-books. Every indication points towards media going digital. If I had physical copies of every game I own on Steam, my shelves would be an unmitigated disaster. I like having everything in the cloud. 8 years ago, people were up in arms that XBL required a broadband connection. Steam was just a lousy buggy piece of software. And 8 years from now, people will have thrown temper tantrums about digital goods.

Sony didn't include any additional pieces of hardware at launch and still charged more. That's a pretty simple explanation there.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on June 19, 2013, 08:47:32 PM
The internet is full of knee-jerk inflammatory bandwagon riders. Microsoft buckled under that pressure.

Um... that and Sony handed them their own testicles. They got outplayed plain and simple. :\

Oreo

I'm on the hard copy bandwagon. I like the item in my hand. Seeing as I have hundreds of GBs worth of games I would hate to go through the hassle of downloading them to a new player. Not to mention if the time ever comes when I can't afford the net, I can still play games and watch movies.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin