Some ideas

Started by Tom, August 09, 2006, 05:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I need a goddess or someone to set me up a "heavy freeform normal" game with the title: "Pirates".

Elvi

Sir Francis Drake was a privateer, he had Royal warrant to do and behave as he wished as long as he brought Liz that Spanish gold.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

NikitaFirestar

Well, he was a privateer to some, a pirate to others. *Shrugs* Like I said, all in the eye of the beholder. Though I would rather like to behold Captain Jack Sparrow... *Giggles and drools*
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Aysleen

Quote from: pbemtom on August 09, 2006, 12:54:39 PM
Well...there'd be private parts obviously... ;)

I'd like to have you for number 1 in a freeform. I'll do the herm and you and another player (that have volunteered via PM) will run the two female friends. I'll set up the game to get us started (in a few hours). I'll put it in the one-shots section for now.

Obviously ;)
Sounds good - I'll be waiting :*
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on August 09, 2006, 01:08:02 PM
Sir Francis Drake was a privateer, he had Royal warrant to do and behave as he wished as long as he brought Liz that Spanish gold.

Well, according to you English types.  :)  According to the Spanish, he was a pirate.  Tehcnically he was a pirate anyway, since he didn't get his Letters of Marque until after he returned to England with a king's ransom in Spanish gold.  Queen ELizabeth issued them retroactively.  :)

I'll add a few more names, though:

Henry Morgan (technically an English privateer, pirate according to the Spanish)
Black Bart Roberts (100% pirate, also made his crew observe the Sabbath and held prayer services on a regular basis on his ship).
Mary Read
- Calico Jack Rackham
- Anne Bonney (Calico's lover)

Side note, in many cases the line between privateer and pirate was extremely thin - most privateers committed piracy when the terms of their Letters were expired.  And only Henry Morgan is known to have carried his Letters on his person at all times.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

Privateer/pirate

Soldier/murderer

Equal quarter can be given to both, however, I'm not going to argue the point and I am not going to block this thread with it either.

It is obvious that upon here, it will be the romantic hollywood version.

NikitaFirestar

Like with Johnny Depp? *Grins*

Elvi

If you get someone to be able to play Jack Sparrow well enough, then I will cheer.

Funnily enough, Strangely played my first mate in live role play and he was better at being Johnny Depp, than Johny Depp was AND he was one hell of an assassin to boot!

NikitaFirestar

Always nice! *Giggles*

indarkestknight

For those interested in game 2, I'd be willing to DM.

Elvi

Numbers..........*shudders*.........You really are a freak Glabby babes....... *laughs*

indarkestknight

Well, everyone else has pounced on the freeforms... And, besides, what can I say? I'm a geek...

Elvi

A FREAKY Geek! *laughs*

NikitaFirestar

*Hides behind Elvi* I hate numbers....

indarkestknight

*juggles dagger-like numbers with a sadistic grin on my face*

Vandren

Quote from: Glabrezubane on August 09, 2006, 02:58:19 PM
Well, everyone else has pounced on the freeforms... And, besides, what can I say? I'm a geek...

Wouldn't mind system for pirates, but the majority's gone the way of freeform and I'm easy.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Tom

Quote from: Glabrezubane on August 09, 2006, 02:53:38 PM
For those interested in game 2, I'd be willing to DM.

Excellent! I'll just step back and let you pick setting and give any character requirements/limitations you'd like to run. I can play either male or female character, any class/race/level. I prefer point-buy for abilities and as few house-rules as possible. I have most books if you'll allow sources beyond core. I assume you'll have the game set up and organized. Let me know if you need help/input with anything :)