A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) Interest. different characters needed

Started by sansa, September 11, 2012, 12:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sansa

Hello Elliquiy members! I am newly approved and very excited to start my journey here. If you did not notice, my name is Sansa and the name comes from my favorite character, Lady Sansa Stark of House Winterfell in the HBO TV Series, Game of Thrones based off the series, A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R.R. Martin. I absolutely adore this series! I have read all the books and seen every episode of the TV series. I know that the tv and book series have very explicit scenese however it is hard to do an RP without the scenes. Sometimes it's just..gonna have to happen to build the story and the character. I am looking to find casual to advanced writers who will play out the game following the story line and characters. Original characters are welcomed but I'd like to follow the same story line. Now I am totally open to changes in scenes, additional scenes, cut scenes, etc. I am right now hoping to find a group of interested people for this RP so we can start discussing basics. (I know I also stated casual to advanced writers but my philosphy is also quality over quantity. Luckily the members here are 18 or up so I am hoping the RP players meet my standards and expectations as far as maturity goes. I feel like sometimes people simply want the meek females so they can cry in a corner for attention..there is so much more going on in this story with every character. Cersei has impulsive moments out of anger but that's her character..it happens. Also note that if you know GoT, people die. So I am allowing you to start with 2 (convince me for 3) characters. If you character dies and you are down to one, you can ask to create another. We will get more into this when I see more interest. (Side characters here and there are fine of course. Such as Ser Meryn, Illyn, etc.)

Alright... I hope I have talked enough. If you are not familiar with GoT/aSoIaF, you can easily google and find PLENTY of info. Ask as many questions as needed and I am happy to answer.

I know most everyone knows the main characters but I am going to name a few off the top of my head that will be neccessary. Also.. I basically really enjoy staying in Kingslanding however I'm really looking forward to see the story flow in the chosen direction.

House Lannister
Cersei Lannister
Jaime Lannister
Tyrion Lannister

House Baratheon
Robert Baratheon
Joffrey Baratheon
Myrcella Baratheon
Tommen Baratheon

House Stark
Eddard Stark
Catelyn Stark
Rob Stark
Sansa Stark (Taken)
Arya Stark
(*Jon Snow*)

We all know there is Danaerys Stormborn, Khal Drogo, Shae, Little Finger, Sandor Clegane, Ser Meryn, The Tyrells.

We'll get more in depth later(:

*I am aware Sansa in the book and show is about 14 starting off, but I will start her in the game is 15 and by the time things start to go down, she will be celebrating her name day in Kingslanding turning 16 years old that way when things start to go poorly (such as the court scene during her punishment) I am still following the rules of the site.

Okay...I'm talking to much!
INTEREST!? :D

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

kckolbe

Hello!  I have not seen any of the episodes past Season 1, but I have read all of the books and am a fan.  When you said you intend to follow the storyline, how much freedom do we have to alter it based on our actions?  Also, would it be possible to only allow one major character per player, and additional characters only being minor characters?  Of course, should the "major" character die, we can start finding a way to thrust that minor character into the realm of importance or simply adopt a new character that isn't being played, much like what happens in the books.

Also, since deadly encounters were pretty prominent and I imagine few people will be interested in having their characters die, are you interested in using a system for this?  Green Ronin published a system written specifically for Song of Ice and Fire, and it was fairly well-received.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

sansa

Quote from: kckolbe on September 11, 2012, 03:59:56 PM
Hello!  I have not seen any of the episodes past Season 1, but I have read all of the books and am a fan.  When you said you intend to follow the storyline, how much freedom do we have to alter it based on our actions?  Also, would it be possible to only allow one major character per player, and additional characters only being minor characters?  Of course, should the "major" character die, we can start finding a way to thrust that minor character into the realm of importance or simply adopt a new character that isn't being played, much like what happens in the books.

Also, since deadly encounters were pretty prominent and I imagine few people will be interested in having their characters die, are you interested in using a system for this?  Green Ronin published a system written specifically for Song of Ice and Fire, and it was fairly well-received.

Thank you for your interest(:
I did intend to have anyone interested in playing multiple characters only be allowed one major character. For example, even though I love Cersei's character; I only intend to play Sansa Stark only. So yes you are right. I have no set system but I know if members choose to have their character die, that is fine, if a character is gone without posting for a significant amount of time without warning or putting their character in a set freeze spot that will not effect another members character, we will have to kill them off some how or just send them off in some way. This will be more set as more people get involved but basically I want a lot of talking out the situation of what would be best for the game of how to kill players off. Some characters are inevitable to play off such as Eddard Stark and Robert Baratheon, but I want to try to and let as much freedom go on without completely setting off the story. I mean I am very excited who comes in to the Iron Throne. Be it Tyrion, Jon Snow, Jaime, etc. I don't want to deny anyone the opportunity to let their imagination run. :) So ya I mainly hope that this can continue to be a long term story.

I definetly want a system going to avoid speed posting because that is how people loose interest they can't keep up.
Wait for every 4-5 people to post until you can post again.
As far the very first post when we get this all starting, every one has to post before moving on. :) I know this may seem slow but I'd rather have thorough clear thoughts to post before speed posting. :)
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

kckolbe

So basically, no one can be killed off unless they go inactive or agree to it.  Since few will want their characters to die, maybe we could reward players that sacrifice their characters in a way that furthers the story and keeps it exciting by granting a boon to their next character.  For example, if the player controlling Jaime Lannister allows his character to be killed in a duel, then his next character should have a plot point or windfall for the next character as a reward. 

When I mentioned a system, I'd been referring to a system game as opposed to freeform, but I kinda like the reward idea if we can make it work.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

sansa

Quote from: kckolbe on September 11, 2012, 04:28:37 PM
So basically, no one can be killed off unless they go inactive or agree to it.  Since few will want their characters to die, maybe we could reward players that sacrifice their characters in a way that furthers the story and keeps it exciting by granting a boon to their next character.  For example, if the player controlling Jaime Lannister allows his character to be killed in a duel, then his next character should have a plot point or windfall for the next character as a reward. 

When I mentioned a system, I'd been referring to a system game as opposed to freeform, but I kinda like the reward idea if we can make it work.

I agree and I like your thinking. I am new to this site but not roleplaying however I do not do group RP's very much but I would love to take some more direction if you would like to help me form this group and RP because I really do not want it to die.
O/O

azzmeister89

I would be interested in playing as jon snow, will the characters need to follow there stories or can i have jon snow decide to not take the black? 

sansa

I think it would be fine if he decides against it.. I mean that gives him opportunity to help his brothers and sisters with the war.
O/O

azzmeister89

awesome thats what i was thinking too, the way i see it rob stark would have lived if jon snow was there, anyway you can put me down for as a hell yes for this one

LordLuck

I would be hugely interested into participating too!

The Clegane brothers had always been some of my favourite characters. There is something on the way both were made to be and developed that differs quite so much from all the other 'shades of grey' characters. While Sandor certainly matches that category, Gregor is fully black. So entertaining to see arguments otherwise! :)

I'd love to take the role of the The Hound at first, maybe adding up his brother once the tale develops and has space for him appear as more than simple references. As Jaime once thought, there is no space in a single Hell for both Cleganes!  ;D
Mourning.

sansa

Awesome :)
The Hound and Jon Snow are now claimed roles.
I'm liking this interest! All sounds very well (:
I agree that Jon Snow would preven Robb's death which I'd like to see.
Great roles y'all are taking! I'm interested to see someone's interpretation of Tyrion, Joff, & Cersei. Ha actually the Lannister family in general. If more ladies are interested but don't know of the roles; remember Myrcella, Dany, and Tyrell ladies.
O/O

kckolbe

How would you want to work Dany into a King's landing setting?  Her being in Westeros at all would be a major development.  Also, at what point in the story would you want to be?  I am guessing just as/after Ned is arriving in King's Landing to become Hand.  Is that right?

Intro Thread

Teo Torriatte

I would be interested in playing Arya, if that is alright? I have read all the books except for the latest one... although it has been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy. And don't worry, she would spend very little time, if any, crying in a corner. *grins*

sansa

You can play Arya (:
Sorry for my absence and I hope to be less busy soon!
We will have a system as to deaths, fights, etc. Thanks to kckolbe so we will get to that soon as well.
O/O

kckolbe

The system is actually written for the setting, and is easy to learn.  Quick question, though: Does everyone want this game to focus on House Stark?  I think it is safe to say that we don't have enough players for a Westeros-wide game.  Also, are you thinking of modifying Arya's age?

Intro Thread

Teo Torriatte

If the question about Arya is directed at me, I would be willing to alter her any way necessary in order to comply with site rules and such. To be honest, I forgot how old she is. She would need to be at least 16, which would be fine with me.

azzmeister89

A sixteen year old Arya could be quite interesting, so Jon and Rob will need to be between 18 and 20

sansa

Arya was 10 & Sansa was 13 (in the tv series at least) I know in the book Sansa was 11. I'd want my Sansa 17 or so.
When I am home and on my PC I will make a list of the players an characters we have and we can figure out the families and where we should aim the rp
O/O

kckolbe

Well, with the exception of LordLuck, everyone who expressed interest in a character seemed to favor the Starks, so we could do a story focusing on them in King's Landing or leave them in the North.  This would require a lot of NPCs to provide challenges, but it is doable. 

Intro Thread

Demi

I'm considering a return from a lengthy absence, and this game has piqued my interest quite a lot. If she's available and we can come up with a way to work her into your planned storyline, I would love the opportunity to play Dany. I am not opposed to picking up a character in King's Landing if Dany proves too difficult to work out. ::)

The main question I have is this: Are you planning on starting from the very beginning, or picking up somewhere in the middle of the series?
Updated 11/26/2017!
Attempting to make a return from hiatus.
Current Games

sansa

Alright I am back and I am sooooo sorry for my absense. My work schedule is very impulsive due to the nature of the field I am in.
Any way, before we go any where, let's see who is around that is still interested. Please answer this if you are:

Fandom or Original?
Character you'd like to play? (If multiple, say so even if it's a new character you're creating)
What are you looking for in this RP?

I hope this will help us get somewhere soon!
O/O