Attaching a profile pic from a phone and other advice for a newbie on his mobile

Started by Mistah J, July 26, 2017, 02:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistah J

Hello to everyone! I didn't wish to bother the mentors with such a trvial matter, so I thought I would come to you, the good folk of the website, to help me out and to chat. I am still new to the site, and am slowly finding my footing here. One thing I really want to get up is a profile pic. But between finding the right dimensions and applying it to a link, I am a bit stumped. I am doing all this from my phone, so i don't have the luxury of editing parameters and image sizes (at least not until I get my computer fixed). But not having an image is usually a turn-away to most people, so I really want to get something up for the time being. Anyone have any solutions, ideas, or random tidbits to share?
Life is to short to not enjoy yourself. Don't hold back, live it to the fullest, and embrace what you desire.

Theta Sigma

This isn't a trivial matter at all! Please don't ever worry about troubling us with such a question. :>

Hmmm.

I believe we do have a gallery you can choose from. You may also be able to upload directly from your phone if you save an image, though I cannot say for sure. I can give you the dimensions, though. They are 150x200. In fact, if you grab a picture, I would be happy to resize it for you and upload it for you to use. :>

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Mistah J

Thank you very much, not just for your help but the speed of your response. I saved a few pictures, so I will try to attach them myself and save you any trouble. But if that doesn't work, and you are willing to resize them for me, then that would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know how to go about sending them to you. Again, thank you so much.
Life is to short to not enjoy yourself. Don't hold back, live it to the fullest, and embrace what you desire.

Theta Sigma

The best way would be to upload them somewhere, and PM me the link. :> Imgur is about the only mobile friendly picture hoster I can think of, I have used it a few times on my own phone before. Just ignore any prompts it says to download the app.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Ariel

I used to know these pains! What I used to do was I would find a picture I wanted, saved it on my phone, went to my photos and cropped the photo to what I wanted, then uploaded it on www.picresize.com and resized it, then saved it and uploaded it here. It might ruin the quality a tiny bit, but it worked for me. I did have a few kind souls that would resize photos for me, so I definitely recommend PMing Theta so they can help you out :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving