Iron Fist II, EVIL people wanted! (True devotees only, please).

Started by Chrystal, January 09, 2011, 12:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

NOTE: THE RP IS INPROGRESS. I NEED A REPLACEMENT CHARACTER URGENTLY, SEE MY LATEST POST

Cue Music...

Mission: Impossible Opening Montage 1

A while ago I had a great idea for a group role-play.

A small group of mercenaries, called "Iron Fist" run by a "retired" (read AWOL) SAS Major, bad guys through and through, ruthless and vicious, would take on various missions that they were hired to do by the real villains. We would do the dirty jobs that needed doing in order to further the cause of villainy. Our services would come at a price, of course. The setting was to be near future, Cyberpunk-ish.

The story was good, the setting was exotic, the mission I had designed was detailed, and I thought I had a winner. My intention was to complete the first mission and have the team reassemble for further missions, possibly with replacements or additions to the team.

The role play flopped.

I still don't know why, but I suspect it was because the people who expressed an interest were not really "evil" enough. All bar one expressed a certain squeamishness when my character simply blew away a NPC that had been written in by one of the others. Basically, we were just getting to the good bit and everyone simply stopped posting, as if they were all waiting for someone else to post. It wasn't me as I posted last...

The one player that didn't is my one true love on here, Amazon. And she was very willing to torture and interrogate a NPC I created and plade, then put a bullet in that NPC's brain, quite casually.

SO.....

If you are a heartless, ruthless bastard or bitch, and KNOW you will enjoy killing NPCs (and possibly other player characters), please post here.

HOWEVER

If you have ANY doubt whatever that this is for you, please don't. I would rather not run the RP at all, than see it die a second time.

Available Roles:

Only the role of Demolitions is open due to the unexplained disappearance of the player who was playing the role.

Role Skills required Player Character
Commander Leadership, planning Chrystal (GM) Maj. Anne Laughton
Infiltrator Mistress of disguise Amazon Nikita Stack
Sys-Op Hacker, mistress of cyberspace Writersblockade Richard Preston
Point Electronics, locks, stealth Odin Alexander Jackson
Demolitions Explosives, timers, traps etc (installing and defusing) ? ?
Overwatch Sniper Writersblockade Calvin Wallace 
Tank 1 Close Combat, armed and unarmed Devi Kacy Anderson

Many thanks.

Chrys - AKA Major Anne Laughton, Ex SAS, CEO of Iron Fist.

PS... OOC thread is now open

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Odin

Hmmm... I'm interested, but can I ask a few questions first?

Killing NPCs... Are we talking old, sick, pregnant and children?

Non-consensual sex, is it involved?

That's all for now.

Cheers.

Chrystal

Killing NPCs, we are talking whoever gets in the way of the mission, or possibly whoever is the mission. If the mission involves blowing up a bus full of old folks, sick people, pregnant women and kids, then that's what the mission involves.

So, in a word, yes!

Of course, the chances are that it won't, but if you are squeamish about it, this is not the RP for you...

NC sex, again, if a hostage needs to be raped in order to soften him up for questioning, then the hostage will be raped... So again, in a word, yes!

And this is far more likely than the other. In fact, the NPC character Amazon tortured and killed, she tortured sexually!

The RP will be in extreme, not so much for the sexual content, which would limit it to NC. but for the level of violence.

Your character, if you create one, needs to be totally ruthless, and have no qualms whatever about putting a gun to a child's head and pulling the trigger if necessary.

NB: Note for E staff & Mods... If this is unacceptable under E's rules, PM me. As GM I will then ensure that it does not become necessary! However, the mindset of the character and the nature of the game dictate that the CHARACTER (not the player) be capable of it.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Odin

Well, that satisfies my questions, I suppose.

Count me in. Character sheet?

Chrystal

I will put a character sheet up when I have sufficient interest.

However I will point out that I have a very specific rule in this game regarding players who drop out.

Your character is killed! Either by the enemy or by my character or Amazon's. If we loose too many players before the mission actually starts, I will postpone and recruit some more. If we loose too many once we are on the ground, I will abort.

Usually the death of a player character is quite swift, if I do it. Amazon is a bit more sadistic that I, (which is why I call her Mistress OOC), and she tends to shoot them in the knee caps or crotch first.

Spell

Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Tanglefoot

I might be interested. I have no limits as long as it makes sense for the game and I have an idea for an interesting character. My only concern is the speed of the game. When it comes to group games I sometimes get lost in the shuffle. There are some days I just can't post, is that going to leave me in the dust.
We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

Chrystal

Quote from: EmrysMindscape on January 09, 2011, 07:18:47 PM
I might be interested. I have no limits as long as it makes sense for the game and I have an idea for an interesting character. My only concern is the speed of the game. When it comes to group games I sometimes get lost in the shuffle. There are some days I just can't post, is that going to leave me in the dust.

The answer here is no. There are days when I'm unable to post too. This is not one of those MMPORPG type games with twenty or thirty players. (Yeah, I know, a MMORPG usually has thousands...) If you can't post for a day or two we will wait for you. If you can't post for a week or two please let us know so we can keep the action moving.

I'm looking for a maximum of 6 people to join, giving a total of eight including myself and Amazon. However the game will run perfectly well with a total of five.

This is the MINIMUM!

And gents if all three of you are in, we have the minimum.

I will be putting a character sheet up here some time today. Please PM it to me for approval when completed.

Available Roles:

RoleSkills requiredPlayerCharacter
CommanderLeadership, planningChrystal (GM)Maj. Anne Laughton
InfiltratorMistress of disguiseAmazonNikita Stack
Sys-OpHacker, master of cyberspaceAvailable
PointElectronics, locks, stealthAvailable
DemolitionsExplosives, timers, traps etc (installing and defusing)EmrysMindscapeDesmond Webber
OverwatchSniperAvailable
Tank 1Close Combat, armed and unarmedAvailable
Tank 2Close Combat, armed and unarmedAvailable

Note that the roles are listed in the order I need them filled. If you want to make a Tank, then feel free, but unless you make one of the others too, we aren't going to get very far!

If anyone fancies being a victim, please PM me?

Odin

I Will play Spec ops, unless someone would like that roll, in which case I'd actually Prefer Sniper.

Chrystal

Quote from: Odin on January 10, 2011, 02:51:08 AM
I Will play Spec ops, unless someone would like that roll, in which case I'd actually Prefer Sniper.

Did you mean Sys-Op?

Odin

Eurgh... Sorry.

I Mean Point man. It would suit my character type better.

Chrystal

CHARACTER SHEET:

Player: Your screen name.
Name: Your character's name, and any aliases.
Actual Age: All characters to be between 21 and 75.
Apparent Age: All characters to appear to be between 16 and 40.
Sexuality: So I know whether to ask you to rape a particular prisoner!
Appearance: A brief text description. Find your picture first!
Nationality: Feel free to make up new countries - I will let you know if I think they are acceptable.
Languages spoken: While you can use Google Translate, it probably helps to actually speak it!
Modifications: Everyone is to have a cranial implant. Other mods are subject to approval by me.
Specific skills and abilities: What makes your character suitable for the role? MUST include at least one weapons skill.
Weakness: EVERY character is to have at least ONE weakness
Personality: A short paragraph to describe what makes her or him tick.
Bio: A brief (two-four paragraph) potted history of your character.
Picture(s): At least one please. Find it before you write the description.
Picture Base Used: The real name (if known) of the person you are using.

Please think of this as being like an application form for a job. If you are applying for the role of Sys-op, for example, you need to convince me that your character is suitable for the role, by giving him/her appropriate skills in hacking, appropriate modifications, and appropriate experience.

Equally, you need to prove that your character is ruthless enough!

[b]Player:[/b] [i]Your screen name.[/i]
[b]Name:[/b] [i]Your character's name, and any aliases.[/i]
[b]Actual Age:[/b] [i]All characters to be between 21 and 75.[/i]
[b]Apparent Age:[/b] [i]All characters to appear to be between 16 and 40.[/i]
[b]Gender:[/b] [i]M or F only please.[/i]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] [i]So I know whether to ask you to rape a particular prisoner![/i]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [i]A brief text description. Find your picture first![/i]
[b]Nationality:[/b] [i]Feel free to make up new countries - I will let you know if I think they are acceptable.[/i]
[b]Languages spoken:[/b] [i]While you can use Google Translate, it probably helps to actually speak it![/i]
[b]Modifications:[/b] [i]Everyone is to have a cranial implant. Other mods are subject to approval by me.[/i]
[b]Specific skills and abilities:[/b] [i]What makes your character suitable for the role? MUST include at least one weapons skill.[/i]
[b]Weakness:[/b] [i]EVERY character is to have at least ONE weakness[/i]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i]A short paragraph to describe what makes her or him tick.[/i]
[b]Bio:[/b] [i]A brief (two-four paragraph) potted history of your character.[/i]
[b]Picture(s):[/b] [img height=300]http://www.oktatabyebye.com/profile-images/genericFace.gif[/img]
[b]Picture Base Used:[/b] [i]The real name (if known) of the person you are using.[/i]

Select the above, copy (<ctrl>+c), paste into a PM (<ctrl>+v), replace the italic bits with your info, replace the URL for the picture with the URL for your picture, and PM it to me.

When I have everyone's I will post them to a character thread.

NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS

A brief word on NPCs. There will be quite a lot of NPCs in this game, ranging from victims to customers. Some will be expendable, others will not.

I will do as I did last time and create a NPC thread for people to post details of any NPCs they wish to use. Note that this is for recurring NPCs, or ones that affect the plot, not just someone who happens to get in the way of a bullet.

I have a rule regarding sexual interaction with NPCs, too: If you want to have sex between your character and a NPC you control, it must take place within a single post. That can be as long and detailed as you like, but describe the entire event in one go please.

If you wish a more extended sexual encounter, ask someone else to control the NPC for you.

Note also that AIs are people, and therefore require an entry in the NPC thread!

Tanglefoot

I will go for Overwatch. I will fill out profile sometime today most likely.
We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

Chrystal

Quote from: EmrysMindscape on January 10, 2011, 07:35:41 AM
I will go for Overwatch. I will fill out profile sometime today most likely.

You may want to think that Overwatch is not going to have much to do in most scenarios, unless things start to go wrong...

Basically your job will be to sit on a hill top or at a window with a sniper rifle of whatever sort you consider appropriate to the job in hand, and do nothing... Only if it looks like the job is blown will you get to participate, taking down anyone who looks like they might stop the team escaping.

Plus, the sniper is role number six - non essential. Essential roles are hacker/sys-op, Point/locks, and Explosives.

If I can fill those three, then yes, you get to be the sniper!

Tanglefoot

Well considering all that I will be demolitions. I will make some small tweaks to my character and it should fit just fine.

Chrystal

Please PM character sheets to me. I will approve them or ask you to make changes and then post them to a character thread when I have them all.

Chrystal

I still need a stealthy type lock expert and someone with computer savvy for this....

With out those two roles the game is going nowhere.

Vincent

Are we talking futuristiv enough for robotic or half robotic soldiers?
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Chrystal

Nope.

Cybernetics yes, self aware androids, no. AIs generally occupy a box the size of a 1970s mainframe, although the technology is coming down in size. Neurosurgery is advanced enough that a microchip cranial implant is commonplace and affordable, and is actually becoming standard (as it gives what's left of the world's governments the ability to keep track of their populations).

Cyborgs are also common and bionic limb replacements, especially for wounded veterans, are the norm. However the option of transplanting a human brain into a robot body is to date just a little beyond the tech level. Maybe in a few years time, maybe tomorrow... maybe Iron fist will be tasked to steal the tech, destroy the tech, blow the crap out of a rival group who are trying to steal or destroy the tech, or maybe it just won't happen? Who knows.

I'm still working on the mission profile. I have a plan in mind, but no actual details as yet.

Vincent

I meant like, human controlled, giant robotic suits of armor, robots that were controlled like RC cars. Something i ca hijack and lay out hell with.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Chrystal

Chrystal

Chrystal

Due to the unexplained absence for over two weeks of one player, I am now looking for a replacement explosives expert.

Do you fancy making things go boom? If so, please read the OOC thread (linked in previous post and in the first post). and then read all the game threads so far, then PM me a character profile (found at the start of the player character thread).