(Pathfinder) Rise of the Runelords - Burnt Offerings [Interest / Recruitment]

Started by Chulanowa, April 14, 2016, 02:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Mhmm~! Ive been feeling the psychic classes myself recently. Been looking at the Psychic, Mesmer and Spiritualist. Anyone got any opinions on those?

Aiden

Gor'ax Grinja

Personality: Gor'ax loves to indulge, be it food, drink or a number of vices. Above all he loves a good brawl or fight and rarely passes up a challenge.

Background: Born a result of two different worlds, Gor'ax took an orcish named but had a common(ish) human upbringing. He learned common, was taught to read and found himself obsessing over the same adventures he one day wished to go on himself. When his village was stormed by Giants and he lost it all, he was sent to live with his only surviving family members, his human grandparents in Sandpoint. Despite facing prejudice and hatred, the half-orc learned a quick retort or a promise of violence could quickly put an end to it.

Gor'ax still faced occasional burst of hatred or stares from children in the town, but considers Sandpoint home. During he sought out help from anyone who would to learn to fight in the event the Giants ever made it to his new home. He still yearns to go out on an adventure and is ready to go out into the world at last.

Bibliophilia

Prulie "Pru" Glitterwit and Pickle
Halfling Bard & Goat
Character Sheet

Background:  Pru was born to a beautiful, if unfortunate, halfling prostitute who had gone by the name Cinder so long that she had forgotten her actual birthname.  Cinder was employed at The Pixie's Kitten, and after she became pregnant, she continued to work until circumstances forced her to switch from the bedroom to the laundry.  She wasn't really fit for mothering, and Pru was more raised by the older, retired whores than anyone else, but some might say that was for the best.  As soon as Cinder could, she returned to her previous work, and Pru was left in the care of others, her mother's only real form of nuturing coming through the breast milk she provided.

As Pru grew up, her adopted mothers ensured that she would get a proper education by sending her to attend classes at the Turandarok Academy.  They were convinced that their little Pru was destined for greatness, given her natural beauty and clever mind.  It was in school that she first learned of her natural gift for music, and her insatiable curiosity.  She often went down to the basement, where Gandethus kept his fascinating collection, and would spend much of her time exploring the varries curios with him as he told her story after story of how he came by them.  When she wasn't in class, practicing her rebec or working on her schoolwork, she was  dodging her adopted mothers so she could explore Sandpoint out from under their watchful eyes.  It was during one of these excursions that she ended up at The Curious Goblin and found her second home.  Gandethus and the others who frequented the shop, along with its proprietor Chask, were more than happy to indulge the young halfling's curious nature and adventurous spirit with tales of intrigue and excitement.

As she grew into a young woman, Pru dreamed of going on adventures of her own, exploring the wild and dangerous lands of Varisia, fighting goblins and giants, even tricking a dragon out of its glittering horde.  But, she remained in town, caring for the aging women that once cared for her and working in the brothel as an entertainer and server.  When she wasn't needed there, she divided her time between The Curious Goblin and Turandarok, either helping her fellow bards with their work or just relaxing with her favorite hobbies.

When Cinder passed, a few months after Pru's twenty-ninth birthday, after a long, unpleasant illness not unfamiliar to the brothel workers, Pru realized she was wasting her life out of fear.  She had long wanted to perform at the Sandpoint Theatre, but was terrified that her skills were only good enough for the tiny brothel stage.  Determined not to let her life while away as her mother had, she wrote a letter to Cyrdak Drokkus requesting a shot to audition for the chance to perform during one of the weekday shows.  For months she heard nothing, until finally she decided that she wasn't going to let the dream die without taking the effort to go to the theatre and confront Cyrdak in person.

Personality:  Pru grew up around whores, sailors and drunks, so very little shocks her anymore.  She can tell stories of her life in The Pixie's Kitten that would curl your hair and always find something amusing about it, despite the fact that some might view her childhood as sad or horrifying.  This wealth of bawdy, earthy tales ranging from vile to heartwarming to hilarious give her plenty of material to sprinkle between songs on her rebec, as well as the perfect fodder for lyrics to her songs.  She has very little shame and can often find amusement in the most unlikely places, and her wit can range from biologically lowbrow to dry and clever.  While aware that she has inherited her mother's beauty, she prefers to rely on her intelligence and charm, though she's not above resorting to relying on her looks and seduction skills if necessary.  Pickle, her pet goat, was given to her by her adopted mothers on her twenty fifth birthday as a joke.  She adores the goat, and it tends to be fairly well-mannered, especially for a goat.

WhatLiesAbove

I will hopefully have a character sheet up tomorrow. If I don't, I'll give way so someone else can do it.

Amelita

Nadia Atanariy.
Elven Slayer

Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9 
  AC 16   
  Composite Shortbow (20 arrows) +5 (1d6, x3)
  Machete +1 (1d6, 19-20/x2)
  Rosewood Armour (+2 Armor, +4 Dex)
  Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 15, Wis 10, Cha 15
Personality:

Nadia is highly independent and resourceful, not much for fluffy warm cuddles, and prefers sarcasm over sincerity. Her chaotic neutral nature is very evident in her decision making and she is secure in her philosophy that her own gain should be her only priority. She is, however, not an unfriendly or cold person to interact with, often flirtatious and might even give an impression of sincerity she hardly ever feels. She believes in the loyalty of no person or creature, gravitates towards those who do not pretend to be everybody's friend because she feels more comfortable around them, and is perfectly content with this. She is not evil, nor is she too concerned with laws of men. Nothing is clear cut, black and white, to her. Does it mean she's always a bitch or that she never does a nice thing? Not at all. She'll have random whims of kindness and desire to do good just for the heck of it, just as often as she decides to do the opposite.

Bio:

The circumstance of Nadia's birth were not exactly optimal. Her mother was a ranger, born and raised in a small rural community that upheld traditional values and humility towards their heritage. She had been promised to the son of an influential landowner since she was a child, but when a charming stranger started visiting the area she was powerless. A stormy love affair spanned a few months and the young ranger ended up pregnant, at which point the rogue hero of her fantasies vanished. Left pregnant and humiliated, Nadia's mother was no longer considered a suitable mate for the landowner's son and her life changed drastically. She raised Nadia alone for three years but then left her for her grandparents to find and disappeared. Nadia's grandparents felt obligated to take care of the child and did so until she was old enough to be sent to live with family in Magnimar.

She was pretty much a kid, still, when she began to thread the streets of her new home city and found comfort in the crowds where no one wondered who she was or how she came to be. They didn't give a damn about her, which meant she could be whoever she wanted to be. The family she lived with consisted of an aunt, uncle and three kids her own age, none of whom she formed a real connection with nor felt ties to. As soon as she could, she moved into a small loft in a shady part of the city.

The skills she picked up by simple necessity (to eat you need food, to have food you need money, to have money you need idiots who don't guard their belt pouches) developed through the years but only once she caught the attention of a certain couple did she truly begin to blossom in what would then become her trait. The half elf and gnome couple, a husband and wife team of monster hunters from Sandpoint, pretty much adopted the young elven thief and guided her onto a path where her talents and heritage could thrive. She lived with them in Sandpoint, travelled with them on their hunts, and they got her training with friends of friends. Survival, education, marksmanship, tracking, hunting, archery, acrobatics... Years spent on focused training between travels with her adopted family earned her not only the boost she needed to grow into her full potential, but a place to truly call home. She owed them everything, and they were the only people in the world she considered mother and father in any sense of the words. 

It was on an ironically beautiful morning that Nadia learned she was once again alone in the world, her adoptive parents slain by a monster they had been hunting for weeks. She resolved to revenge them, but before she could go off on that journey, fate stepped in her way...

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Blinkin

It's astounding how many people in Sandpoint are orphans to violent raids... lol

Ummm, isn't a primary concern with your own gains a NE characteristic?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Amelita

Quote from: Blinkin on April 18, 2016, 05:31:53 AM
It's astounding how many people in Sandpoint are orphans to violent raids... lol

Why'd you say that? I only see two bios mention that :P

Quote from: Blinkin on April 18, 2016, 05:31:53 AM
Ummm, isn't a primary concern with your own gains a NE characteristic?

I don't think this was directed at me, but just in case I should mention I don't know what it means xD

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

WhatLiesAbove

Alright...I may have to bow out. I can't figure out how to get my character sheet going.

Rhynarion

I believe I will be putting my name in the hat as a Toxicant/Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist.

Sheet and bio after work.

Blinkin

Due to the number of applicants and ranged characters appearing, I will be withdrawing my interest in this game. I just can't find a class that I feel would be both fun to play and have a real chance of getting into the game. I wish everyone good luck in finding one of the slots and an enjoyable game.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chulanowa

So far, it's looking good guys. I'm planning on making the picks Friday evening, so if you've got something, get it in there.

WLA, what sort of problems are you having? LIke I said, I'm more than happy tp help out!

Grizzly

I just saw this listing and would love to play, but I'm out of town until Monday so I don't think that I'd be able to knock up a character in time.  I'll keep an eye out in case an extra body is needed.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Chulanowa

So, any more interest out there? As it stands, I'm actually coming up one shy, as far as completed characters go. Thorne, Florence, Rhynarion, any of you who were interested want to give a character?  ;D

Thorne

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 22, 2016, 02:51:07 PM
So, any more interest out there? As it stands, I'm actually coming up one shy, as far as completed characters go. Thorne, Florence, Rhynarion, any of you who were interested want to give a character?  ;D

I pitched two for you to pick from..?

Uh.. here. Did you want something a little more than pitch, or is this sufficient?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=247583.msg12242856#msg12242856
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

ChaoticSky

I was working on a Psychic, which is about... 80% done? I was gonna let it slide because i thought you had plenty of completed chars already and i ended up getting busy and putting it off for a few days, but if you like i can finish her up tonight/tomorrow.

Chulanowa

Thorne,

Was kinda hoping for a full character. Either of those would be good!

I think I'll extend my cutoff over the weekend, just tyo make sure everyone who wants in gets a shot at it  ;D

Thorne

Alright. Full sheets are easy enough.

Rasila 'Raz' Silkwind

Rasila 'Raz' Silkwind
Female elf gunslinger (musket master) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat 9, 50)
CG Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10 (1d10)
Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +0; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee mwk elven curve blade +3 (1d10+1/18-20)
Ranged musket +5 (1d12/×4)
Special Attacks deeds (deadeye, quick clear, steady aim), grit (1)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 16
Feats Gunsmithing[UC], Point-Blank Shot, Rapid Reload
Traits defensive strategist, giant slayer, rich parents
Skills Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump), Bluff +1 (+2 vs. giant subtype creatures), Craft (alchemy) +6, Craft (firearms) +6, Knowledge (engineering) +6, Linguistics +3, Perception +6 (+7 vs. giant subtype creatures), Sense Motive +1 (+2 vs. giant subtype creatures), Survival +5 (+6 while in forest terrain); Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, +1 Survival, woodcraft
Languages Common, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Orc
SQ gunsmith
Other Gear
IEquipped:wk chain shirt, musket[UC], mwk elven curve blade, masterwork backpack[APG].
Carried:black powder[UC] (10), firearm bullet[UC] (10), bedroll, belt pouch, blanket[APG], flint and steel, gunsmith's kit[UC], hemp rope (50 ft.), hip flask[UE], mess kit[UE], mirror, pot, powder horn[UC], soap, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin,
Owned:(combat trained), bit and bridle, feed (per day), riding saddle, saddlebags, 17 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Deeds Use Grit to perform special abilities with your firearms.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Grit (Ex) Gain a pool of points that are spent to fuel deeds, regained on firearm crit/killing blow.
Gunsmith At 1st level, a gunslinger gains one of the following firearms of her choice: blunderbuss, musket, or pistol. Her starting weapon is battered, and only she knows how to use it properly. All other creatures treat her gun as if it had the broken condit
Gunsmithing You can use a gunsmithing kit to craft/repair firearms and ammo.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Rapid Reload (Musket) You can reload fast with one type of Crossbow or Firearm.
Woodcraft +1 Knowledge (Nature) and Survival, increasing to +2 in forests.
--------------------
As elves go, Raz doesn't fit most of the expectations. She has the mysterious part down, and she certainly takes the long view, but even her elvish has a strange accent, and she occasionally shows mannerisms that would better fit a dwarf.

Physically, she is tall and slender, pale skin lightly tanned. She wears her black hair pulled back, to keep it out of her face. A greyish cloak covers her armor - and powder-horn - but not the long blade sheathed and slung across her back, or the musket holstered just under it. She completes this outfit with sturdy boots and tough-looking wool-and-leather pants. Riding pants, technically - not that Raz seems to care overmuch.
A faint tang of gunpowder clings to her person, under a slightly stronger hint of sandalwood and jasmine. She keeps a more-or-less alert posture, blue eyes always on the move, and moves with what most would consider a typical elvish grace.

Raz was raised by dwarves, a foundling discovered in the ruin of an elven village. Her parents never did find out the true cause of the massacre, much less who - or what - was truly behind it.
They did their best by Raz, but everyone, including Raz, knew it was only a matter of time before she found the road.

--------------------

Horse, light (combat trained)
Horse  (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 177)
N Large animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, -1 size)
hp 15 (2d8+6)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +1
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee 2 hooves +3 (1d4+3)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 7
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17 (21 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, Run
Tricks Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel
Skills Acrobatics +2 (+6 to jump with a running start, +10 to jump), Perception +6
SQ combat riding
Other Gear bit and bridle, feed (per day) (2), riding saddle, saddlebags
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Combat Riding [Trick] The animal has been trained to bear a rider into combat.
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Run Run 5x your speed in light/medium armor or 4x speed in heavy armor and keep Dex when running.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Sulwyn

Sulwyn
Female human (Taldan) magus (eldritch archer) 1 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes of the Street 11, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 9)
NG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee cold iron short sword +1 (1d6+1/19-20)
Ranged darkwood longbow +3 (1d8/×3)
Special Attacks arcane pool (+1, 4 points), spell combat
Magus (Eldritch Archer) Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
. . 1st—grease, magic weapon
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, detect magic, prestidigitation
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits armor expert, friends and enemies, rich parents
Skills Acrobatics +0 (-4 to jump), Craft (bows) +7, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +7, Perception +5, Ride +3, Spellcraft +7
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Giant
SQ ranged spell combat, ranged weapon bond
Combat Gear tangleshot arrow (4);
Other Gear
Equipped: mwk chain shirt, arrows (40), cold iron short sword, darkwood longbow.
Carried, Quiver: Incendiary arrow (20), barbed arrow (20), blunt arrows[APG] (20), smoke arrows[APG] (4),
Carried, Backpack: artisan's tools, bedroll, belt pouch, flask, flint and steel, masterwork backpack[APG], mess kit[UE], mirror, pot, silk rope (50 ft.), soap, string or twine[APG], sunrod (4), tindertwig, torch (5), trail rations (4), waterskin, whetstone, 78 gp, 9 sp, 4 cp
Owned: heavy horse (combat trained), bit and bridle, blanket, feed (per day) 2, riding saddle, saddlebags,
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Pool +1 (4/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.
Ranged Spell Combat (Ex) Must use ranged weapon for spell combat.
Ranged Weapon Bond (- Custom / magic weapon -) (Ex) Must have bonded object to cast spells, doesn't interfere with somatic components.
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.

Sulwyn is a lean, wiry young woman of medium height, who wears her black hair braided. Most times, people don't look twice at her - she's pretty, and moves gracefully - she doesn't stand out much. If it weren't for the elegant, powerful longbow she rarely goes anywhere without, she would be completely invisible to most people.

Her family's resided on a parcel of farmland outside of Sandpoint for generations. Sulwyn's not trained in any formal sense. Magic doesn't come easily to her except when she stands on the range, with a target in sight. It hasn't always been that way - mages, wizards and the like have (according to family history) run in the family almost as long as they've lived there. Some of the elders swear up and down they have Azlanti blood (Sulwyn doesn't believe this for a minute), but either way, they've been coming to help defend the town without fail, every time something's dropped in to cause trouble.

--------------------

Horse, heavy (combat trained)
Heavy horse  (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 177)
N Large animal
Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, +2 natural, -1 size)
hp 19 (2d8+10)
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d4+5), 2 hooves +0 (1d6+2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11
Base Atk +1; CMB +7; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, Run
Tricks Attack, Combat Riding, Come, Defend, Down, Guard, Heel
Skills Acrobatics +4 (+8 to jump with a running start, +12 to jump), Perception +8
SQ combat riding
Other Gear bit and bridle, blanket[APG], feed (per day) (2), riding saddle, saddlebags
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Combat Riding [Trick] The animal has been trained to bear a rider into combat.
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Run Run 5x your speed in light/medium armor or 4x speed in heavy armor and keep Dex when running.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Chulanowa

Alright, so our cast of characters is going to be....

Tavah Sunderfist, Human barbarian (Played by Foxfyr)
Gor'Ax Grinja, half-orc rogue (Played by Aiden)
Pru Glitterwit, halfling bard (Played by Bibliophilia)
Nadia Atanariy, elf slayer (played by Amelita)
Sulwyn, human magus (played by Thorne)

Thanks to those of you who showed interest!

OOC / Character thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=248180.0
IC thread: coming soon!