Game of Thrones - Recruitment closed [NC Human]

Started by ererruz, April 18, 2014, 03:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ererruz

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Cersei Lanister, A Game of Thrones

Song of Ice, Fire and Desire

The starting year: 294 AL, 4 years before the events of A Song of Ice and Fire

What I want to do is play a Song of Ice and Fire game in its full glory, with brutal combat, deadly battles and wide-ranging political intrigues and schemes of power hungry noble houses of Westeros. The game will be plot-based with some sexual content, a lot of the latter will be dependent on the players and their actions. Since this is ASoAF, expect to see things such as incest, non-con, bondage, etc. When it comes to player characters, however, all sexual scenes will be talked about before they happen, so that no one is forced to do anything they would never feel comfortable with. I’d like to note that this is an LGBT-friendly game even if the setting is not particularly warm or good to such characters.

We will be using A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying Game published by Green Ronin, with its excellent rules for (lethal) combat, warfare and intrigues. If you are not familiar with this system, that’s fine. I will explain the basics and I can go through the character creation in detail with you, or, even better, just send me the character concept and I will create a character sheet mechanically myself and then explain what it all means to you. We will also follow the House creation mechanics as well, so that we get a new noble house of our own that will be at the centre of the game (I might decide on some aspects so that the plot I’ve planned is plausible, but most will still lie in players’ domain).

Players will all be members, be it through blood or not, of House Greystark, a banner house sworn to House Stark, located in the south of the North, just by the border with the Riverlands. I envisioned the players’ house as a cadet branch of House Stark, now a separate one, similar to House Karstark. Although House Greystark is canon, the only information we get about it in the books is that theu used to be a cadet branch of House Stark and that they stood on the wrong side of the Bolton rebellion against the King in the North and thus are extinct. So I thought, why not change it a little bit and instead of them being extinct, let's have their power diminished, but the line still alive. And so we could flesh the whole Greystark family out together. Their history, their ancestors, their current members, in all their glory and with all their dark secrets.

Every player creates his or her main character who must be somehow connected to House Greystark. There are some roles that must be taken by players, and others that are merely suggestions what kind of characters are most welcome. Apart from the main character, every player creates a set of additional secondary characters: two characters who are members or retainers of the house as well as one character for each other House we create (i.e. houses of the bride, a rival house, bannermen).

This way, by the end of character (and house) creation, we will have created few separate houses that could and will be used in the game. I am going with this method as it allows players more creativity and I hope that it will make interactions between the player house and these other noble houses all the more personal, interesting and entertaining.

Players will not play all those characters they helped to create. They will serve the role of House NPCs who may be used by all players if a given scene calls for it, although they’ll most often be used by the Storyteller.

Main characters should be between 16 and 40 years old, but secondary characters can be of any age.

Players will also help in the creation and fleshing out of the House. Everyone will roll to determine an additional historical event that took place in the history of the House... and then will describe that event (with my and other players’ help). Additionally, everyone has a d6 to add to the House’s starting resources that will allow us to better describe the house itself, but this part will be explained later on once I post all the House creation rules.

I’m looking for 4-6 passionate players with decent writing skills and great imagination. No knowledge of the rule set is required. Familiarity with the setting is advisable – the TV series is enough, as would be reading up on Wikipedia (but beware of spoilers there! You’ve been warned). Players won't be picked on a first come first served basis. I will choose players based on their character concepts, their character backstories and how they’d interact with other characters I’ll choose.

As was stated before, all characters will be members (or retainers) of House Greystark. The current lord of House Greystark is Lewys Greystark, a 40-something years old man twice married and twice widowed, a fighter and leader of men.

Roles which need to be filled:
  • Heir of House Greystark, the firstborn son of lord Lewys Greystark;
  • Bride and would-be wife of the Heir of House Greystark; daughter of lord Aeron Tullison;
  • Lord Lewys Greystark’s younger brother (Heir's uncle);
The game will start with a wedding of two PCs (the heir and the bride).

Players are welcome to apply for other roles, such as (but not limited to):
  • Lord Lewys Greystark’s children from his second marriage (I envisioned at least one elder son and twins, but I’m open to suggestions; any of those can be NPCs);
  • Lord Lewys Greystark’s bastard son;
  • Anyone somehow connected to the House who’s in truth the King Robert’s bastard (does not necessarily need to be filled, but would prefer if it was)
  • Maester;
  • Septon/Septa;
  • Red Priest (the only character who can have more than a touch of magic; if anyone is interested in playing a Red Priest, they will have to discuss it in detail with me via PM);
  • Captain of the Guard;
  • Sworn Sword/Hedge Knight/Anointed Knight;
  • Ward (of a rival house?);
  • Foster son (perhaps lord Lewys’s nephew?);
  • Squire;
  • Prostitute;
  • Many others...
When it comes to the age of lord Lewys's children, we need to work together here as all the ages will have to be co-ordinated. I imagined him being 40, that would make his first-born 21 years old and his younger children 16-19.

Character application

Name:
House:
Role:
Sexual orientation:
Goal:
Motivation:
Virtue:
Vice:
Appearance: (please find a picture of a real actor or actress, no to manga, anime, comic books, animation series etc. characters)
Skin:
Hair:
Eye colour:
Height:
Weight:
Background:
Family:
Friends and allies:
Rivals and enemies:
ONs and OFFs:
Secrets: (to be seen by GM only)

Secondary characters

Name:
House:
Appearance: (please find a picture of a real actor or actress, no to manga, anime, comic books, animation series etc. characters)
Description:
Plot ideas:

As to how the system works... this should help as it explains most aspects of the game quite well.

House rules

Language:
Different languages are not new abilities bought separately, instead, every language is a specialty. Additionally, all characters gain a number of specialty dice equal to their Language ability at the start to distribute between languages their characters know as they see fit (i.e. a character with Language 3 =-gains 3B to spend on languages; such a character could use all three dice to speak the Common tongue fluently and be literate, or could instead use 2B to be fluent but illiterate in the Common tongue, but also know some basic Low Valyrian, the language of the Free Cities, etc.)
Progressive advancement:
When spending XP after character creation, improving high abilities costs more; instead of 30 XP for an increase of 1, the number of XP needed to increase an ability depends on the level of said ability; for 2 -> 50; 3 -> 10; 4 -> 30; 5 -> 50; 6 -> 70; 7 -> 90
Heavy armour:
Apart from heavy armour bonuses as normal, heavy armour (Bulk 3) reduces the number of degrees of success caused by the opponent's attack by 1 (to a minimum of 1), thus ensuring greater protection against all kinds of enemies
Equipment cost:
We're using the pricing and rules from this document.

Character creation

As normal, with a couple of exceptions:
  • The first-born son gets the Heir quality for free.
  • Greystarks can choose either Blood of the First Men or Blood of Andals (depending whether they've taken after their Northern or Southern ancestors).
  • Greystarks can take Greensight and the Animal cohort/Warg/etc. chain of qualities if they wish.
  • The bride can have the Blood of Valyria quality as well as Greensight (changed into Valyrian visions) if her players wishes as her grandmother was a
  • Targaryen (although the dragon blood here is very thin).
  • The red priest should discuss their choice of qualities with me as I have a couple of homebrewed ones ready for use.
  • Every character gets one Heritage or Fate quality for free (or a different quality if it'd fit the character more; please, discuss this with me first).
  • Status of the first-born son should be 5, the other members of the family can go as high as 4. Characters not related to the House can go as high as 3 (except other noble characters who, depending on circumstances, could be Status 4).

House Greystark

Realm: the North
Liege lord: Lord of Winterfell, lord Eddard Stark
Heraldry: (must include Grey)
Motto: (something with Winter? Stark’s cadet branch after all)
Known history:
QuoteHouse Greystark is an extinct minor house of the North, a cadet branch of House Stark of Winterfell. Their seat was the Wolf's Den, a fortress located in what eventually became White Harbor.

They were the most successfull of several offshoot branches of House Stark who arose in the area over the centuries. They reigned for 500 years until they made the mistake of joining House Bolton's rebellion against the King in the North, which was crushed by Karlon Stark.

That's basically what's established in the novels about House Greystark. We're changing the fact that they were exterminated, instead their power greatly diminished after the rebellion, but one Greystark was spared and their line was allowed to continue. The rebellion itself happened about 1000 years ago, that makes Greystarks about 1500 years old, which is... very old. Wolf's Den (now: White Harbour) was lost by them, but they could have retained a smaller castle instead. What would you want to name it then?

(House's attributes to be determined)

Defence:
Influence:
Lands:
Law:
Population:
Power:
Wealth:

Ancestors:
  • Lord Rickon Greystark, the Founder
Other members:
  • Lord Arthur Greystark [230-282]: Lord Lewys’s father; died during Robert’s Rebellion
  • Edric Greystark [253-267]: Lord Lewys’s eldest brother; wound by a wild boar while hunting, the wound festered and he died
  • Lewyn Greystark [254-254]: Lord Lewys’s twin brother; died couple of weeks after his birth
  • Lady Arwyn Tullison of House Greystark [260-282]: Lord Lewys’s only sister; married Aeric Tullison; died during Robert’s Rebellion
  • Lady Ceridwen Greystark of House Ashwood [254-273]: Lord Lewys’s first wife whom he married in 272; died in childbirth
  • Lady Elyane Greystark of House Tullison [259-282]: Lord Lewys’s second wife whom he married in 274; died during Robert’s Rebellion
Current members:
  • Lady Maiev Greystark of House Reed [234]: Lord Lewys’s mother
  • Lord Lewys Greystark [254]: the current Lord Greystark
  • PLAYER CHARACTER Greystark [~268]: Lord Lewys’s younger brother
  • PLAYER CHARACTER Greystark [~273]: Lord Lewys’s firstborn son and heir
  • PLAYER CHARACTER Tullison [~276]: Lord Lewys’s heir’s fiancée, bride and soon to be wife
  • PLAYER CHARACTER Greystark [~275]: Lord Lewys’s second son
  • PLAYER CHARACTER(S) Greystark [~276-7]: Lord Lewys’s twins [sons? daughters? son and daughter?]
  • PLAYER CHARACTER Tullison [~277]: Lord Lewys’s foster son, lady Arwyn and ser Aeric’s son
  • PLAYER CHARACTER Snow [~275]: Lord Lewys’s bastard son
Whenever I state "PLAYER CHARACTER", it means the role is open to a player character, not that it necessarily needs to be a player character.

Interest check

the Heir (Juggtacular)
the Bride  (SydneyDrew20)
Lowell Greystark, Lord Lewys’s second son (lockepicke)
the Red Priest (Orange Marmalade)
the Maester (Question Mark)

Orange Marmalade

I think this may very be what pulls me out of my hiatus :)

Expressing interest in the role of Red Priest - concept of being the Lord's younger brother who went off and err.. joined the clergy.  >:) More to come shortly.

Lockepick

Hello! Just voicing my interested in playing the Heir's younger half-brother (PLAYER CHARACTER Greystark [~275]: Lord Lewys’s second son).

I'm looking to play somebody heavily invested in subterfuge/intrigue, but ultimately supports the Heir. Somebody who does the dirty deeds the Heir can't do -- potentially whether the Heir wants them done or not. Plan on working closely for the Heir if they'll let me!

I'll try to jam out a full character sheet over the weekend!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Question Mark

Staking my claim for Maester.  I'd do more than a cursory post if I wasn't typing on my phone, but suffice it to say I'm very impressed and interested.  I'll whip something up tonight tomorrow.

Question Mark

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to ask a few questions now that I have a minute.

First off, I have zero experience with the ASoIaF RPG.  I'm not naive to system games -- I'm quite fond of 3.5 and Pathfinder -- but I didn't even know this existed until I read the OP.

So, 1.) Can anyone point me to an online core rule book, character sheet, database, etc.?  I'd like to be as autonomous as possible when making my character (which is just as fun as playing her, in my humble opinion).

2.) For rolls, are we doing them on our own and informing you of the results or using E's built in dice bot?

3.) What kind of freedom do I have when choosing the links of my character's Maester's chain?

4.) Do we use the same character application form for secondary characters as we do for main characters?  What kind of level of detail do you want for secondary characters?

5.) What are your rules regarding canon outside of House Greystark?  To clarify, I'm not asking if we can contradict canon, but are we allowed to expand on areas that have not been established?  For example, creating a new discipline studied by Maesters that has not been stated in the novels.

6.) I'm guessing character death is a very real and likely possibility.  Are there going to be "rocks fall, everyone dies" situations, or is character death something that will be discussed OOC prior to the deed?

7.) Building on that, are we allowed more than one main character?  If our main character dies, can we make another or take over a secondary?

8.) Am I asking too many questions?

9.) Not a question, but I noted that the game starts with a wedding.  Given the Red and Purple, as well as a certain harpy, I don't take this as the best of omens.

ererruz

Quote from: Question Mark on April 18, 2014, 06:51:27 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to ask a few questions now that I have a minute.

First off, I have zero experience with the ASoIaF RPG.  I'm not naive to system games -- I'm quite fond of 3.5 and Pathfinder -- but I didn't even know this existed until I read the OP.

DnD and Pathfinder are completely different. ASoIaF is actually a very simple system... which works. It doesn't have the scope or range of possibilities and levels that DnD and PF have, but it works for the better, considering the setting. ASoIaF RPG is based on d6 system of rolling many d6 dice and then keeping certain amount of them, adding them together and beating difficulty levels. If you want more explanation, please read this review. It goes through most features of the system: character creation, battle and intrigue system.

QuoteSo, 1.) Can anyone point me to an online core rule book, character sheet, database, etc.?  I'd like to be as autonomous as possible when making my character (which is just as fun as playing her, in my humble opinion).
There's no ASoIaF SRD, sadly. But I think it's available on Scribd.

Quote2.) For rolls, are we doing them on our own and informing you of the results or using E's built in dice bot?
We'll be making all rolls online. I don't mind either E's built in dice bot, nor other sites. Personally I prefer the Invisible Castle. Sometimes, I will post for players as well, if that'd help moving the story along (such as Awareness tests, or Endurance etc.), because I find stopping in the middle of a post to ask players to roll initiative, or perception skill, etc., can easily kill a PBF game.

Quote3.) What kind of freedom do I have when choosing the links of my character's Maester's chain?
You can choose pretty much any links you'd like. There are some things I would recommend the Maester to know and that's healing and perhaps the knowledge of how to handle ravens. These are just expected of you as a Maester. Anything else, you're free to choose. Mechanically, you'll get a Maester benefit (kind of like d20 feats) for free if you qualify for it, that is, have Cunning 3 and have taken two Knowledge Focus benefits in two areas of knowledge. The game lists things such as: Alchemy, Architecture, Astronomy, Geography, Heraldry, History and Legends, Magic, Nature, Religion, Underworld, but I'm open to suggestions as well. The number of Knowledge Focuses does not have to equal your number of links, of course, since some things, such as Healing, are covered with abilities etc.

Quote4.) Do we use the same character application form for secondary characters as we do for main characters?  What kind of level of detail do you want for secondary characters?
Good point! Secondary characters don't have to be as detailed as primary ones and I will add a simpler version of character application for them.

Quote5.) What are your rules regarding canon outside of House Greystark?  To clarify, I'm not asking if we can contradict canon, but are we allowed to expand on areas that have not been established?  For example, creating a new discipline studied by Maesters that has not been stated in the novels.
As long as it'd expanding the canon, not changing it, I'm fine with it. The Grandmaster Pycelle was described as having links forged of platinum, copper, brass, bronze, lead, steel, tin, silver, black iron, red gold, electrum, and yellow gold; but I think the only confirmed metals so far are black iron for ravenry, bronze for astronomy, copper for history, yellow gold for economics, iron for warcraft, pale steel for smithing, silver for medicine and Valyrian steel for magic.

Quote6.) I'm guessing character death is a very real and likely possibility.  Are there going to be "rocks fall, everyone dies" situations, or is character death something that will be discussed OOC prior to the deed?
Death will be possible, it's A Song of Ice and Fire after all. The system has a resource called 'Destiny points' that each character has. They can be spent (temporarily) or burned (lost permanently) to achieve certain things or grant bonuses, but the main and most important thing that they can be used for, if burned, is avoiding death. Basically, if a player burns a destiny point in this manner, they work out with the GM how the character survives. Basically, as long as players have destiny points, they are safe from the Grim Reaper.

Quote7.) Building on that, are we allowed more than one main character?  If our main character dies, can we make another or take over a secondary?
If the primary character does die, then yes, I'd allow the player to create a new character, or take over a secondary of his choice (not necessarily the one he created, if he wanted a different one).

Quote8.) Am I asking too many questions?
Nah, I'm happy to answer them  :-)

Juggtacular

I'd like to stake a claim for the heir if possible? This looks like a lot of fun.

ererruz

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 19, 2014, 10:44:30 AM
I'd like to stake a claim for the heir if possible? This looks like a lot of fun.
Sure! Just send me your idea for him when you have the time and we'll discuss it :)

Juggtacular

Cool! I'll get started on a concept now, but it'll probably be later tonight or sometime tomorrow before I can send it in. I get busy on weekends usually.

Question Mark

Thanks for the thorough response ere, I'll whip something up later today.

Breaks out his scintillating dice.

It's been far too long since I've been able to roll.

SydneyDrew20

ererruz

Quote from: SydneyDrew20 on April 19, 2014, 01:23:26 PM
I would like to join in as well! :)
Great! What kind of character would you like to play? We're still looking for the Bride without whom I'd rather not start, but if that's against your concept, I'll think of something :)

SydneyDrew20

I can play the Bride, I don't mind. I don't play chaaracters older than 30, so maybe she could be a young girl, about 19 or 20, entering her first marriage.

ererruz

Quote from: SydneyDrew20 on April 19, 2014, 01:38:10 PM
I can play the Bride, I don't mind. I don't play chaaracters older than 30, so maybe she could be a young girl, about 19 or 20, entering her first marriage.
That sounds perfect for this actually. Since most Westerosi nobles marry as young as possible, that is what I wanted the Bride to be as well. I'll send you a PM shortly with few things I have ready about her House and her family. The rest will be up to you (and other players, if they'd like to participate as well).

Juggtacular

I also planned on the heir being young. 21 at the oldest I think.

Lockepick

Lowell Greystark, Lord Lewys’s second son

Name: Lowell Greystark, Lord Lewys’s second son
House: Greystark
Role: Schemer/Rogue
Sexual orientation: Closeted Homosexual
Goal: Create a political powerbase for his 'generation' of Greystarks.
Motivation: Duty
Virtue: Devoted
Vice: Ambitious
Appearance:
- One would assume Lowell takes after his mother more than the hulking brute that his his father's line. Lowell is more trim and lithe than hulking, packed quick muscles giving his torso a nice 'V' shape. A beard that goes down along his jaw line and frames mouth creates the illusion that he's older than he is, while the slightly unkempt nature of it makes him look of lower birth than he is. His hair is a dark brown, and his eyes are a bright blue, with a gold ring on the outside edge of the iris.
Note: Has the 'Attractive' Quality.
Skin: Fair
Hair: Brown
Eye colour: Blue, with gold rings.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140lbs
Background:
- At five years old, Lowell's Mother, Lady Elyane Greystark of House Tulliso, was killed during Robert's Rebellion.
- At eight years old, while accompanying his Father and Older Brother on a hunting trip, a combination of the cold and exposure to a toxic plant, made him sick. He was afflicted with blindness, fatigue, and seizures that should have killed him. It took him weeks to recover, but his physicians say he'll never be fully cured. His vision has been permanently weakened, visible by the golden rings around the iris of his eye.  It will only get worse as he ages, until he is totally blind. His Father sees the illness as a permanent mark of his weakness, even if Lowell should have died, and caused a rift between them. To this day, Lowell seems to be aloof and flighty when it comes to his Father; not seeming to let his Lord Father's opinion burden him.
- At thirteen years old, the Citadel sent word to the House that the seasons were changing. A white raven brought the message, and on it's way back a poacher attempted to shoot the bird out of the sky. Lowell found the bird first, and after extorting a fee to stay silent about the hunter's attempt, he brought the raven home to help nurse it to health. The white raven made a full recovery, and Lowell fully expected the bird to return to the Citadel. The bird stayed with Lowell, and he has since named it 'Pearl.'
Family: Greystarks/Tullisons
Friends and allies:
- Lady Maiev Greystark of House Reed, Lowell's Paternal Grandmother: Robert's Rebellion cost the Greystarks dearly. Lowell lost his Mother, but Maiev lost a husband, a daughter, and a daughter-in-law, at the end of having already lost so many others. Lowell was always on rocky terms with his Father, and most of the rest of the family saw him as the 'child of the second wife,' versus just being a child. The tragedy made Maiev cherish what family was still living, and Lowell embraced being accepted as a family member without context. As Maiev grew more unstable and mad, Lowell was willing to help keep her comfortable and give her company. He doesn't put much weight into her 'prophecy,' but she's seen through his attempts to placate her too many times for him to even play along.
- Tytos Greenfinger, lowborn Alchemist: Tytos owns a small alchemy shop in the seedier parts of town. He used his skills mostly to brew intoxicants, hallucinogens, and snake-oil. Lowell saw his skill, and his dedication as to not get drunk off his own stash, and invested in Tytos' shop. Over the years, his equipment has become more advanced and his clientele has become larger. While he still specializes in tonics to help and haze; Tytos' influence has also got him into creating poisons of a more directly harmful nature. This gives Lowell access to poisons, as well as giving him an ear to the ground on who else is buying them.
Rivals and enemies:
- In Process: A gay noble from an enemy house. Lowell and him occasionally have sex, as there isn't many other options for secret gays. The sex is a power struggle, and the two constantly try to gain something to use against the other to justify 'sleeping with the enemy;' though any real success would cost them being able to meet up again... House to be determined.
ONs and OFFs: Same as Player, link in signature gives more details. The tl;dr though: ONs = Masculine powerful men that take charge, prefer being on the bottom. Love playing up pretty much any kind of taboo decadence; OFFs = Ladies. Scat. Vomit.
Secrets: Will send to GM via PM

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Question Mark

Name: Maester Owell
Role: Expert (Maester)
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Wealth: 67 stags and 25 coppers

Goal: Knowledge (Astronomy), Security (Greystarks)
Motivation: Stability
Virtue: Humble
Vice: Cowardly

Appearance: Tall, scrawny, almost emaciated.  A long, narrow face with a tall forehead, dark eyes, and shoulder length black hair.  He prefers loose fitting robes, and his chain is smaller than the average Maester's.  He looks young for his age. [[I know you said real life photo, but this seemed like a high quality painting, and finding a RL Maester who is neither Luwin nor Aemon is quite difficult.  Let me know if you want me to change it.]]
Skin: Pale
Hair: Black, shoulder length.  No beard.
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 70 kg

Background: Maester Owell was born Owell Rolfson on the northern end of the isle Greenstone, off the coast of the Stormlands.  His father had been a carpenter, his mother a maid at the local inn in their small village.  When he was five, Owell's mother stabbed his father to death during an argument.  After she was hanged, a hedge knight brought Owell south to a sept in the town of Greenstone.  Here he resided for the next eleven years, earning his keep by cleaning the sept, collecting donations, repairing torn robes, and other minor duties.  In return, the septons fed and clothed him and, most importantly, taught him to read and write.  Inspired by a volume on the stars written by a long dead Maester, Owell left Greenstone at the age of 16 to join the Citadel.

His studies progressed quickly, and Owell forged his first link (bronze, for astronomy) when he was 18.  While he was ultimately interested in observing the stars and planets, Owell felt a need to earn the rank of Maester.  Without a chain of his own, he wondered, would anyone take his ideas seriously?  Over the next four years, Owell moved from one subject to another, forging links for ravenlore, lenscrafting, warcraft, healing, anatomy, alchemy, weatherlore, and history.  However, Owell grew bored before he could finish his chain, and returned to astronomical pursuits, three links short.

When he was 22, Owell began observing the motion of the stars, wondering if they moved from year to year.  The Archmaester of astronomy, Vaellyn, had stated that they did not, but Owell had recently learned of another observatory in Norvos that was twice as old as the one in Oldtown.  Perhaps they're measurements, contrasted with the Citadel's, could reveal the answer.  Curious, Owell stayed in Norvos for two years, poring over their observatory's precise records of star positions, and discovered that the stars had indeed drifted slightly over the centuries.  Triumphant, he returned to Oldtown and presented his evidence, inadvertently shaming the prideful Archmaester Vaellyn.  Out of spite, he granted Owell three additional bronze links and made him a full Maester.  Unaware that Vaellyn was only doing this to deny him access to an observatory, Owell happily accepted and was promptly forced to accept an assignment to Greyhold.

Although this would make his research much more difficult, Owell resolved to fulfill his duties as best he could.  He would not be a burden upon the Greystarks.  Shortly after arriving in 283 AL, Owell proved himself when he cured Erik Greystark of a persistent cough that had nearly killed the boy.  As a reward, Lord Lewys allowed Owell to convert part of the rookery into a makeshift observatory and granted him free reign to pursue his scholarly interests, so long as he always placed his duties as a Maester first.  Owell happily agreed, and has faithfully served House Greystark since.

Family: Being a Maester, Owell forsook his family name when he forged his chain.  He is currently serving the House Greystark.

Friends and Allies: Maesters Cristoff and Codwell, who share his fascination with telescopy and astronomy.  The three men frequently exchange their research, discoveries, and lengthy arguments via ravens.  In addition, Maester Owell's calm and friendly, albeit withdrawn, demeanor has earned him several friends amongst House Greystark, such as Lord Lewys' youngest daughter Elise, who frequently helps him in his makeshift observatory in the rookery.  While many look down their nose at a nobly born girl engaging in what are considered the pursuits of a Maester, he finds the intelligent and quick-minded Elise to be an invaluable assistant.
Rivals and Enemies: Being a quiet and gentle man, Maester Owell has made very few enemies.  However, an academic dispute in Oldtown pitted his evidence against the theories of the Archmaester Vaellyn, the stargazer known for his sharp tongue.  After years of study, he had demonstrated that the stars had moved from their locations in the sky over the past four hundred years, contradicting Vaellyn's theory that they were immobile.  Although the matter was not considered important by many members of the Citadel, Archmaester Vaellyn took it as a personal insult to his pride.  The issue escalated quickly and precipitated with Maester Owell being assigned to Greyhold to deny him access to the Citadel's observatory.

Secondary Characters

Name: Elise Greystark
Appearance: In progress
Description: Lord Lewys' youngest daughter, Elise was born 16 years ago.  As a young girl, Elise was naturally curious and excitable.  She possessed a love for the outdoors, alongside a predisposition to engaging in unladylike activities, such as scuffing her knees, falling out of trees, and whacking her twin brother Erik with branches in mock duels.  As she grew, Elise reluctantly demurred to the cultural and societal norms of Westeros.  By her thirteenth birthday, Elise was engaged in the expected activities of a nobly born girl, from stitching to memorizing family lineages.  While appearing to be the model example of a young woman, she had not lost her curiosity, and often pursued scholarly interests in private.  Elise proved to be very intelligent, and she hoped to one day become the first female Maester, although she readily acknowledged how unlikely such a feat would be.  Shortly after Maester Owell arrived at Greyhold, Elise realized he was far more accepting of her curiosity than the previous Maester, and began to follow him around, prying him with questions.  Seeing potential in her, Maester Owell allowed her to help him in his makeshift observatory.  Such a relationship has been the subject of many hushed whispers in the dark corners of Greyhold, something Elise seems oblivious of.
Plot Ideas: Some kind of conflict deriving from her friendship with Maester Owell, whether it be concerning her unusual interest in the life of a Maester or an accusation of their association being something more than just a friendship.

Name: Erik Greystark
Appearance: In progress
Description: Where Elise is endlessly inquisitive and content to read all day, Erik is loud and ambitious, your typical nobly born son dreaming of winning fame on the battlefield.  He has been trained by the Master-at-Arms, and possesses moderate skill with a sword, although he is an excellent jouster.  Erik has been growing increasingly restless of late.  He recently started a fight with a stableboy (which he won), and appears to be a bit too eager to hack at his friends with a wooden sword during training.  Ultimately, Erik cares not about politics or issues of inheritance, but instead wants to prove himself as a great warrior.  He dreams of joining a tourney as a masked knight and unhorsing the great champions, ripping the fabric off his shield to reveal the device of House Greystark.  He looks up to Lord Lewys a great deal, and has begun to despise Maester Owell, who he sees as a doddering fool corrupting his twin sister with dusty books and dented telescopes.  In a bit of an OOC comment, I see Erik as a male version of Sansa: he embraces the archetypical male role in society, but is ultimately completely naive to the realities of the world.
Plot Ideas: He starts a fight to prove himself and gets in over his head, resulting in someone dying or being crippled.

someinheritthewealth

Can I play twin females from House Arryn from the Eyerie or is that not possible?

SydneyDrew20

(IN PROGRESS)
Name: Alyssin "Aly" Tullison
House: Tullison
Role: Future Bride to the Heir of Greystark, Leynir Greystark
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual
Goal: Power (Marriage to House Greystark), to come to love her husband eventually (Heir of House Greystark), to be more than just someone else's wife and the mother of her husband's children
Motivation: Stability, power, love
Virtue: Is a good listener, genuinely wants to come to love her lord husband, caring and doting.
Vice: Often resorts to manipulation to achieve her goals, her often sarcastic streak can come off as being mean sometimes, has little patience
Appearance:
Skin: Pale
Hair: Light to golden blonde
Eye colour: Light purple eyes due to the Targaryen blood in her veins. Apart from her grandmother, they are the only ones that have the so-called Targaryen eyes in her family.
Height: She's of average height (Around 1.60 m to 1.70 m)
Weight: Around 50-60 kilos
Background:
Alyssin is the first born child of Lady Alleria Piper and her Lord Husband Aeron Tullison. Despite being a woman, Alyssin was given preference  by her father most of the times due to the fact that the sooner she got married, the sooner they would acquire more power. With her father's preferential treatment came his drunken laments over the fact that she'd been born a girl and not a boy. She has a good relationship with her father but being exposed to his drinking and drunken delusions made her careful when it came to being around him yet Alyssin remains incredibly close to her father still consults with him in matters that are of his interest and on her decisions.

Being the first born and being the one who was getting the power didn't make the relationship with her younger brother easier, but his father concluded that the best solution to keep them together was to present them with an activity they could both share and indulge in: archery. Edric and Alyssin are skilled archers and learned to bond over this activity. It's also thank to Archery that Alyssin built a closer and stronger bond with the males in her family rather than with her mother, who has always resented the fact that she gets along better with Aeron than his own wife. Her mother is a jealous, piteful woman that often tries to compete with Alyssin over things that concern, though the girl often doesn't care and just ignores her mother and the "advice" she tries to give.
Family: Alleria Piper (Mother), Aeron Tullison (Father), Edric Tullison (Brother), Leynir Greystark (Future Husband)
Friends and allies: Leynir Greystark, Aeron Tullison, Edric Tullison (more to come)
Rivals and enemies: Alleria Piper
ONs and OFFs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=52064

ererruz

Question Mark, I enjoyed reading your application and it's really well-done. I'm responding only to a couple of minor points that could be adjusted, or clarified. The rest is perfect.

Quote from: Question Mark on April 19, 2014, 10:15:53 PM
[[I know you said real life photo, but this seemed like a high quality painting, and finding a RL Maester who is neither Luwin nor Aemon is quite difficult.  Let me know if you want me to change it.]]
I'd still prefer a real life photo, as all the other players use one and your Maester's would feel out of place among them. Also, focus on the face - clothes are not important, everyone can just use their creativity to see Maester's outfit :)

QuoteOwell moved from one subject to another, forging links for ravenlore, lenscrafting, economics, warcraft, healing, architecture, anatomy, agriculture, alchemy, weatherlore, mining, and history.
Just a quick note - you don't have to forge links in all areas of expertise to become a maester. A couple of them would be enough and there are many maesters who haven't forged some of the links you mentioned. This is more of a clarification point than a call for alteration. I just wanted to note thisl, but you might be aware of it and decided for him to study all those anyway?

QuoteShortly after arriving in 283 AL, Owell proved himself when he cured Erik Greystark of a persistent cough that had nearly killed the boy.
I like the date, considering the fact it's when Robert's Rebellion finished, I can easily imagine the old Maester dying of old age during that time and the Greystarks not being able to 'commission' a new one after the rebellion had ended.

QuoteSecondary characters
I greatly enjoyed your take on on the youngest children of the family. I like what you did with Elise. She's different than most Westerosi girls, but not in an obvious and cliché way. She's neither a naive, typical noble daughter of 16, nor is she a tomboy with a sword, and I like that she's neither of those. As for Erik, I am surprised a little bit, because he is very close to what I had in mind for one of the lord's sons anyway. It is a bit like my idea taken a step further, but I like it. I can definitely see him in the family and you've given me an idea for a story hook already!

Quote from: someinheritthewealth on April 20, 2014, 07:10:26 AM
Can I play twin females from House Arryn from the Eyerie or is that not possible?

I would prefer if every player played one character and if you were to play a twin, the other one would either have to be played by another player, or would be an NPC. Also, at the moment the game starts, the Arryns are already kind of a dying house with only Jon Arryn, Hand of the King and Warden of the East, his lady wife and their sickly son, left alive. I wouldn't want to change canon here, especially due to Arryns' importance in the setting. You could play someone from a house from the Vale of Arryn, allied with House Arryn, if you wanted -- as long as it'd be plausible for the character to be somehow tied to House Greystark as well.

Quote from: lockepick on April 19, 2014, 02:58:36 PM
As you know, I enjoyed the character and I'm giving it a thumbs up!

Quote from: SydneyDrew20 on April 20, 2014, 11:58:33 AM
(IN PROGRESS)
Name: Alyssin "Aly" Tullison
I like what I'm seeing so far and hope to see more soon  :-)

Question Mark

Alright, I'll edit Owell's profile when I get home.

Also, thanks for the feedback.  I have a feeling this is going to be good, so I want to be sure I bring my A game.

On a side note, I wonder what's going to happen at or soon after this wedding.  Anyone have any ideas?

someinheritthewealth

Anyone willing to rp female twin may be slightly incestrous the two. I am not sure of how they come into play, but I am open to whoever willing to take the second twin and with GM. Also apoolgies for delay in reply been confined to my tablet made it harder to type up the responses I needed too.

Orange Marmalade

Got some more stuff to flesh out - but here's the Lord's younger brother and Red Priest.

Name: Tybolt Greystark, Lord Arthur's youngest son

Role: Fighter
Sexual orientation: Openly Bisexual
Goal: Spread R'hllor's word, and have fun doing it - and Fame
Motivation: Excellence
Virtue: Pious
Vice: Ambitious
Appearance:
Tybolt is extremely well kept for a Northerner, looking much more like he belongs in the big cities rather than in the rough North. He moves with an amazing amount of grace and is always light on his feet, and while he's usually jovial and easy going there's a hint of danger behind it all.

His clothing varies between high end noble garb with padded armors to blood red robes of R'hllor's priesthood.

He keeps his head shaved smooth with a manicured short beard to accentuate his jawline. This combined with his tanned skin from a decade in the free cities give him a decidedly exotic look when compared to his other family members.

Skin: Well tanned
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye colour: Blue
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 180lbs
Background:
Tybolt was the youngest child of Lady Maiev Greystark and Lord Arthur Greystark. As such, and after one of the twins that came nearly 10 years before him died during childbirth, his childhood was fairly pampered. With 2 elder brothers it was obvious that Tybolt would never inherit unless true tragedy struck. Unfortunately one of his older brothers died only a couple years after Tybolt's birth. That still left him with sister older by 5 years and his brother Lewys older by 11.

Robert's Rebellion was devastating. Tybolt lost his farther, sister and sister-inlaw, along with numerous other friends and family as the war raged. Through it all Tybolt felt largely useless, never having given much effort towards warcraft or swordplay due to his position and pampering in the family. His only defining moment during the war was that, purely through luck, he managed to slay Randall Wisent's firstborn son. After the dust settled, Tybolt helped to make sure their House was in order and then promptly left, wandering for some time before making his way to Braavos and the Free Cities to both clear his mind and to remain safe from revenge.

He spent the last decade in the Free Cities, learning the language and culture. It was there where he learned to fight, using his natural grace and speed, something that called to him far more than the styles used back home. It was also there that he found a new religion, that of R'hllor, Lightbringer. The truths espoused by R'hllor's priests seem to hit far closer to home than the styles back in the North or other parts of the 7 kingdoms, and Tybolt soon found himself drawn into their studies, eventually beginning the process of entering the order himself.

But now, his family has called. There's a wedding to take place, and Tybolt wouldn't miss it for the world.

Family:
Lord Lewys Greystark - Older brother
Lady Maiv Greystark - Mother
Lowell Greystark - Nephew

Friends and allies:
To be filled in soon

Rivals and enemies:
To be filled in soon

ONs and OFFs: Mostly anything goes aside from bathroom play and extreme pain, check if you're unsure.

ererruz

Sounds good, Orange! We might need to change some people's age once I have everyone's characters to make sure they all work well together, but apart from that, sounds good.

I'd like everyone to send me a PM with your expectations for adult content in this game. What are your ONs & OFFs (if you  haven't filled that out; and please, link your ONs&OFFs thread if it's not in your role play preferences or your signature), what is your character's sexual experience, are they sexually open or believe in monogamy and sex only within marriage? What kind of encounters would you like to see as a player? Would you like your character to find a sexual partner, or maybe go to a brothel? How about romance? Westeros is a place where equality between sexes hasn't been achieved, but it doesn't mean that a female character can't enjoy adult content as well apart from the arranged marriage. If they want, they could try their hand at intrigue to keep their relationship secret, etc. Men do have it easier, as even those married are usually forgiven indiscretion, be it with mistresses or whores. While maesters are not supposed to enjoy carnal pleasures and have taken vows of celibacy, they don't have to abide by them, if they can keep that a secret as well. This is why I'd like to know what kind of encounters you'd like to see for your characters? You can  also send me some character concepts as to what kind of NPCs you'd like to engage in sexual scenes (including any pictures etc. that I can then make into a character).

One more question to everyone who hasn't sent me their full character. How much time do you think you'll need to finish working on them?

I was working on a coat-of-arms of House Greystark and came up with this. It's kind of a cross between House Stark and House Greystark - a wolf and a sun. And I wanted to add some red for bloodied past of the Greystarks. (And I also happen to like the combination of grey and red.)

I also updated Greystark (and Tullison) family tree.

someinheritthewealth

Here she is, anyone willing to take her sister note they are not identical but they both hate their family for disowning them because of what they did.

Elinor Allyrion Wisent
House: Wisent (Banished)
Sexual orientation: Bisexual (with strong lean to girls.)
Occupation: Given as peace offering for House Greystark although there is information not being given here.
Goal: Revenge for her sister and her and to possibly push events in their favour.
Motivation: Her sister and being humilated by her House
Virtue: Dilligent
Vice: Lust and Pride

Appearance:
Skin:
Hair: Black like ebony.
Eye colour: Blue
Height:
Weight:
Background: The forgotten twins of House Wisent, Elinor and her sister brought extreme shame on their house by consorting in an incestrous relationships and when found out they were banished from House Wisent in secret, they were offered to Hosue Greystark as a peace offering. Their names were marked off the family and as far as far as everyone knows they are still House Wisent. Only a few people know the true reason why they were 'given' as a peace offering.

Both vowed revenge and promised they would show their former family their mistake.

How they have no idea, but right now they spend time in the Wolf's Keep scheming eventual vengeance and perhaps pushing events in certain ways.

(It could be said they are essentially twins of discord attempting to cause as much as trouble as possible.)

Family:Lord Randall Wisent (Father), Wyl Wisent(brother), Ser Davyn Wisent (brother), Dalia Wisent (Daughter), Ser Daeron Wisent (Brother) and Wylla Wisent (Sister)
Friends and allies: House Greystark
Rivals and enemies: House Wisent
ONs and OFFs: I am fine with anything even straight things and non-consensual that could turn consensual, although she may fuck her sister but she's not loyal to her if that makes sense. No bathroom play or vore.

Lockepick

I had already talked to Erer in private, but I just wanted to make it known that I was a fan of the crest idea.

Question Mark

Quote from: lockepick on April 22, 2014, 12:43:05 PM
I had already talked to Erer in private, but I just wanted to make it known that I was a fan of the crest idea.

Ditto.  It's very stylish.  For the sake of improvement, though, I'll say that an interesting alternative may be a field of red, and have the white circle and rays in the top right, with the grey wolf head positioned just slightly left of center, with the jaws still encircling the circle.  The grey wolf and moon-like circle emphasize the Greystark's connection to the north and to winter, while the field of red shows their prowess in battle, bloody history, and proximity to the south.  Given that the wolf is so central to the Stark mythos, I think that it should be in the center of the emblem.

Also, a suggestion for house words: "Look to the moon" or "We look to the moon"

Lockepick

I would say if the crest's imagery has a sun on it, our saying probably shouldn't be about the moon. Though I don't have any real suggestions at this phase.

ererruz

Quote from: Question Mark on April 22, 2014, 01:21:46 PM
Ditto.  It's very stylish.  For the sake of improvement, though, I'll say that an interesting alternative may be a field of red, and have the white circle and rays in the top right, with the grey wolf head positioned just slightly left of center, with the jaws still encircling the circle.  The grey wolf and moon-like circle emphasize the Greystark's connection to the north and to winter, while the field of red shows their prowess in battle, bloody history, and proximity to the south.  Given that the wolf is so central to the Stark mythos, I think that it should be in the center of the emblem.

Also, a suggestion for house words: "Look to the moon" or "We look to the moon"
I'll try to edit it slightly and see how that works, thanks for the suggestion!

I have no suggestions for the house's words, but I envisioned winter somewhere in there as it's both in Stark's ("Winter is coming") and Karstark's mottos ("The sun of winter"). I do like the idea about the moon - it ties nicely with the wolf theme and my idea for our Valyrian heirloom ("Howl"), but as lockepicke says, I'm not sure it'll be good considering this sun. Unless... it doesn't really have to represent the sun, does it? It could be a bloodmoon. Or maybe change the field of red and cut it in half to represent half-moon? Or we could edit out the rays and make it seem like a grey wolf howling to a red moon?

ererruz

It's pretty much the same, but I moved the wolf to the centre here. I experimented with making the background red, but it's just too red to my taste. Instead of suggesting 'we're from the North', it evokes an image of a Dornish noblehouse (at least to me).

This one has the wolf moved as in the previous one, but I deleted the rays, so it doesn''t look like a son anymore. It doesn't look bad, but it seems so... plain.

Ascia

Crescent moons are pretty, even on heraldry.

Very glad you took away the 'rays'! Did you notice there were seven rays? Seven pointed star, in the North? Psht. ^_^

Blood of the First Men all the way.

Question Mark

Quote from: lockepick on April 22, 2014, 01:25:59 PM
I would say if the crest's imagery has a sun on it, our saying probably shouldn't be about the moon. Though I don't have any real suggestions at this phase.

I took it as a moon, personally.  I think it's ambiguous, it could be whatever celestial body we want.

Quote from: ererruz on April 22, 2014, 01:42:19 PM
I'll try to edit it slightly and see how that works, thanks for the suggestion!

I have no suggestions for the house's words, but I envisioned winter somewhere in there as it's both in Stark's ("Winter is coming") and Karstark's mottos ("The sun of winter"). I do like the idea about the moon - it ties nicely with the wolf theme and my idea for our Valyrian heirloom ("Howl"), but as lockepicke says, I'm not sure it'll be good considering this sun. Unless... it doesn't really have to represent the sun, does it? It could be a bloodmoon. Or maybe change the field of red and cut it in half to represent half-moon? Or we could edit out the rays and make it seem like a grey wolf howling to a red moon?

I love the idea of a bloodmoon.  Maybe a grey field with a white wolf eating a red moon?  Or a white field with a grey wolf.  Or perhaps if we go with the split, grey on the bottom left, with the grey wolf blending into the field and only becoming distinct in the white (or maybe black to represent a night sky?) upper right corner, where the red moon is.

Also, the bloodmoon is a badass symbol, but it could also easily be made the butt of jokes (which, I think, makes it all the more believable).

ererruz

Quote from: Ascia on April 22, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Very glad you took away the 'rays'! Did you notice there were seven rays? Seven pointed star, in the North? Psht. ^_^

Oh! I didn't actually realise that! You are so right about the Seven here!

Ascia

Quote from: ererruz on April 22, 2014, 02:04:06 PM
Oh! I didn't actually realise that! You are so right about the Seven here!

lol It's okay, I got your back on canon. <3

Question Mark

Quote from: Ascia on April 22, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Oooh, a crescent bloodmoon!

Also, nice catch in the seven pointed star.  Although, given how far in hype south Greystark is, I bet more than a few of their vassals hold the new faith.  Given that Lord Lewys's own brother worships the red god, perhaps their faith in the old gods isn't as strong as it is farther north?

Ascia

Quote from: Question Mark on April 22, 2014, 02:13:49 PM

Also, nice catch in the seven pointed star.  Although, given how far in hype south Greystark is, I bet more than a few of their vassals hold the new faith.  Given that Lord Lewys's own brother worships the red god, perhaps their faith in the old gods isn't as strong as it is farther north?

They're North of the Neck, aren't they? North of the Neck you have...House Manderly worshipping the Seven, and you have House Cassel, the only known Knightly House in the North. And you can't be a Knight without the Faith of the Seven, so it's safe to assume Cassel is a follower of the Seven. (Those are the only two that I can think of off the top of my head.)

I dare say House Reed is further south than Greystark, and we KNOW they follow the Old Gods something fierce.

Granted Reed is maybe the most remote House outside of the Northern Clans. So sure, you may have a little more influence from the Seven given how southern placed Greystark is. Maybe that's led to a humble little Sept being built? Maybe not, GM/ST's decision there. But going strictly off canon, especially as scions of House Stark, you'd have to think the blood of the First Men runs thick in the veins of a Greystark.

ererruz

Quote from: Question Mark on April 22, 2014, 02:13:49 PM

I do need to note that I changed Greystark's location to between White Harbour and Widow's Watch, so they're back in the real North! The reason being I analysed what lands could have possibly been theirs in the past and chose to have them be in more or less that area (so near White Harbour at least since it used to be theirs).

As far as faith goes though, I can easily imagine some people following the Seven there, but the lord (and his mother) are of the Old Ways. The younger brother is not a known thing for the time being - ever since he had left for Braavos, he never came back, so if any member of the family knows of his being a red priest, they keep their mouths shut.

Quote from: Ascia on April 22, 2014, 02:17:54 PM
They're North of the Neck, aren't they? North of the Neck you have...House Manderly worshipping the Seven, and you have House Cassel, the only known Knightly House in the North. And you can't be a Knight without the Faith of the Seven, so it's safe to assume Cassel is a follower of the Seven. (Those are the only two that I can think of off the top of my head.)

I dare say House Reed is further south than Greystark, and we KNOW they follow the Old Gods something fierce.

Granted Reed is maybe the most remote House outside of the Northern Clans. So sure, you may have a little more influence from the Seven given how southern placed Greystark is. Maybe that's led to a humble little Sept being built? Maybe not, GM/ST's decision there. But going strictly off canon, especially as scions of House Stark, you'd have to think the blood of the First Men runs thick in the veins of a Greystark.
The way I see it is that House Greystark follows the Old Gods in general. As a cadet branch of Starks, there is the blood of the First Men in their veins as well, and as such they keep to their old faith. As such the lord is a follower of the Old Gods, as is his mother (who's from House Reed), but his childre don't necessarily have to be (left to players' choice). There is some presence of the Faith on their lands though, with a small sept built - but it's still quite new, only erected a few years before the rebellion on lord Lewys' late wife request.

Juggtacular

SydneyDrew20

I need between today and tomorrow to finish my character. I'm still fleshing out some stuff, but you should have her by tomorrow night, Thrusday tops! :)

someinheritthewealth

Is my profile okay, just not heard anyone saying it's wrong...

Juggtacular

What's the name of the actress you used? I feel like I've seen her before.

someinheritthewealth

I searched Deviantart to find something fitting and stuck to natural hair colour of her family.

ererruz

someinheritthewealth, I'll send you a PM tomorrow about your character as I need to head off to sleep now!

Question Mark

Oh, I forgot to mention, but how's this for a castle name: Greyhold.

Orange Marmalade

Alright bastages, Tybolt's eyes have been updated to a more family fitting blue :)

ererruz

Quote from: Question Mark on April 22, 2014, 05:35:13 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, but how's this for a castle name: Greyhold.

I love it! It's so simple but brilliant. The moment I saw it on your character sheet, I thought, we're sticking with it :) Thank you for this contribution!

SydneyDrew20

I'm almost done with Allysin... mind giving her background a bit of a look over?

ererruz

Quote from: SydneyDrew20 on April 23, 2014, 07:23:34 PM
I'm almost done with Allysin... mind giving her background a bit of a look over?
What you posted sounds good! If you have more (or example 'secrets' which you might not want to share with everyone) and want me to take a look, you can also PM it to me.

Juggtacular

Leynir Greystark, Heir to House Greystark
Name: Leynir Greystark
Role: Fighter/Leader/Schemer
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual
Goal: Restoring his house's honor and making them a true force in Westeros...through any means necessary
Motivation: Family
Virtue: Resolute
Vice: Aggressive
Appearance: Taking from his ancestors, Leynir is powerfully built, with muscle packed on top of muscle. He also has a fierceness about him that often makes people look past his features, which are quite handsome when people take the time. His hair is a dark brown, which causes a stark contrast as his eyes are icy blue flecked with gold. Life in the North, even the life of a noble is hard. And as such he looks like he's lived a hard life.
Skin: Slightly Tanned
Hair: Brown
Eye colour: Blue w/ Gold Flecks
Height: 6'3
Weight: 240lbs
Background: Born first of Lewys' children, Leynir was named Heir to House Greystark and raised as is proper. However, being raised during an open rebellion isn't the greatest upbringing for a child. Through the studying and schooling and training with sword, spear, and bow...there was the constant threat of danger around every corner. Leynir's mother, Lady Ceridwen died giving birth to him, and while it pained his father, he loved his son regardless. His father remarried and that union bore him a younger brother, Lowell; as well as giving him a much needed mother figure in Lady Elayne. Her death during the Rebellion hurt him a great deal. Even though she lacked blood relation, she had been his mother. As if that wasn't bad enough, his grandfather Arthur, and his Aunt Arwyn both lost their lives in the war as well. In a few short years The Greystark's had lost many family members, which left the remaining broken and disjointed. After all was said and done, his uncle Tybolt left and Lewys took control of the House. He continued to raise Leynir, instilling in him the importance of being the Heir, the importance of doing what's best for the family. Putting much pressure on his son, but coming from a good place. Now he's set to marry Lady Tullison, a union which will no doubt help his family.
Family:
Lewys Greystark - Father
Tybolt Greystark - Uncle
Maiev Greystark - Paternal Grandmother
Lowell Greystark - Little Brother
Erik & Elise Greystark - Twin Younger Siblings

Friends and allies:
Morlun Destris - A sellsword from the Iron Isles who saved Leynir's life one night when a few cutthroats tried to kill him during a drunken piss outside a pub. They've been friends ever since and Morlun is gainfully employed as Leynir's bodyguard. He doesn't need one, but people thinking he needs one means they think he's less of a threat. His friendship means that Leynir has access to less than upstanding men and women who know how to keep their mouths shut for the right amount of coin and favor.

Longtooth - As a boy, Leynir was playing in the woods, one of the few times he wasn't under constant guard or studying this and that. He got farther than he intended though and wound up lost. He was lost for hours, crying and stumbling around through tears. Until he heard something else crying. A baby wolf from the sounds of it. He found the tiny creature abandoned in a den that had been full not too long ago.

He figured the baby had been a runt or some other reason why his mother didn't want him. Well Leynir wanted him. He'd always been a kind hearted little boy, and the Northmen were known for their love of wolves. A wolf was his family's banner for Old God's sake. He picked the pup up and cuddled him close, then found his way home with new determination. His father while apprehensive at first realized that the wolf would be good at helping his son learn responsibility, and be a powerful symbol and guard as well. Leynir was tasked with feeding him, training him, loving him. No one else was allowed to help, and as such Longtooth bonded to his master. They are inseparable now, and  through care, training and a diet most people would kill for, Longtooth has become a large and terrifying pitch black beast of a creature that is fiercely loyal.

More to come

Rivals and enemies: In progress
ONs and OFFs: Similar to mine. Foreplay, seduction, oral, anal, etc...

Stats
•   Adult (21) Fighter/Leader/Schemer
•   Abilities: Agility 3, Animal Handling 3 (Train 1B), Athletics 3(Strength 1B), Awareness 3, Cunning 2, Deception 2, Endurance 4, Fighting 4 (Long Blades 2B, Short Blades 1B), Healing 2, Knowledge 2, Language 3 (Common 3B), Marksmanship 2, Persuasion 3 (Charm 1B, Intimidate 1B), Status 4 (Stewardship 1B), Stealth 2, Survival 2, Thievery 1, Warfare 3 (Command 1B), Will 5
•   Destiny points: 1
•   Qualities: Animal Cohort, Attractive, Blood of the First Men, Heir, Greensight, Long Blade Fighter 1
•   Drawbacks: Threatening
•   Intrigue defence 9, Composure 15
•   Combat defence 9, Armour rating, Armour penalty; Health 14
•   Passive Animal Handling 12, Passive Awareness 12, Passive Deception 8, Passive Endurance 16, Passive Stealth 8
•   Move 4, Sprint 16

•   Armour:
Superior Padded = 250 Stags
Common Brigandine = 500 Stags

•   Arms:
Superior Longsword = 500 Stags
Superior  Dagger = 50 Stags
Superior Hand Axe = 30 Stags
Superior Shield = 200 Stags
Common Arakh = 200 Stags
Superior Tourney Lance = 40 Stags
Superior War Lance = 100 Stags
Superior Double Curved Bow = 300 Stags
120 Arrows = 10 Stags

•   Equipment:
Clothing
Northern Garb = 10 Stags
Noble Garb = 200 Stags

Mounts & Gear
Palfrey = 150 Stags
Courser = 600 Stags
Bit & Bridle 2x = 50 Coppers
Saddlebags(Pair) 2x = 2 Stags
Military Saddle = 6 Stags
Pack Saddles 2x = 2 Stags
Riding Saddles 2x = 4 Stags

Miscellaneous
Flute = 10 Stags
Leather Backpack = 20 Copper
Bedroll = 20 Copper
Winter Blanket = 1 Stag
Candle Pair = 2 Copper
Firewood 4x = 4 Copper
Signet Ring = 3 Stags
Soldier's Tent = 5 Stags
Large Pavilion Tent = 30 Stags
5lbs of Soap = 40 Copper
Torch 2x = 2 Copper
Whetstone = 3 Copper
Waterskin = 8 Copper
Signal Whistle = 4 Copper
Scabbard 4x(one for each weapon) = 32 Copper
Sealing Wax = 28 Copper
Lamp = 10 Copper
Hooded Lantern = 2 Stags
Small Steel Mirror = 1 Stag
10 Days of Rations = 40 Copper

•   Money: 10 gold dragons
•   Experience: 0

Rajah

Expressing interest in the character of King Robert's bastard - a 'ward' from a small and long-broken House that is quietly, and desperately, keeping up the pretense that that their first son is not so weak and addled by a riding accident as to be utterly useless and that their second son (my character) is not a bastard. They're all but ghosts walking, and this thin shred of illusion is the little that stands between them and vanishing, a footnote in a dusty Maester's ledger - and it IS an illusion, of course. One they couldn't sell for a heartbeat without the assistance of House Greystark, who have accepted my character under certain unusual conditions - fealty of the permanent sort beyond mere wardship-until-adulthood, as an oath on public record, a humiliating concession and acknowledgement that they cannot lay claim to even the respect due a banner house - and a singular service done for Lord Greystark to go in my Secrets section, one certain other characters will hopefully enjoy.

He has little nobility, but he does his best to be noble; unfortunately, the only talent of his that's particularly developed is a breathtaking facility with violence and a likewise-uncanny natural grace. Which would be ideal if he was a mercenary or sworn sword, or if it was at least backed up by some talent for command...instead it just pushes him ever farther away from political relevance, into the pigeonhole of retainer. Of nobody, the way he sees it. And he has very good eyes. Oh, and he's huge. His House - well, his lineage, at least - are crannogmen. Huge, weirdly nimble, descendant of the frog-eaters...it took less time than a blink to assign him his styling in House Greystark.

They call him the Toad.

(Flail-and-knife fighter; would like to reflavor a parrying dagger as a frog spear, if allowed, as a cosmetic concession. Good at the personal-scale combat four-sided pyramid, notably Agility and Awareness, will leave other things to other people. Not incompetent in a social contest but definitely always a support role at best. Have a lot of things to flesh him out with, the above is just a sketch to give y'all some context.)
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Crasey

Just to be sure:

Quote from: ererruz on April 18, 2014, 03:16:04 PM
  • Greystarks can choose either Blood of the First Men or Blood of Andals (depending whether they've taken after their Northern or Southern ancestors).
Quote from: ererruz on April 18, 2014, 03:16:04 PM
  • Every character gets one Heritage or Fate quality for free (or a different quality if it'd fit the character more; please, discuss this with me first).

I get the impression this means these don't cost destiny points, but do they also not count against the maximum benefits value?

ererruz

Quote from: Rajah on April 24, 2014, 02:24:44 PM
Expressing interest in the character of King Robert's bastard - a 'ward' from a small and long-broken House that is quietly, and desperately, keeping up the pretense that that their first son is not so weak and addled by a riding accident as to be utterly useless and that their second son (my character) is not a bastard. They're all but ghosts walking, and this thin shred of illusion is the little that stands between them and vanishing, a footnote in a dusty Maester's ledger - and it IS an illusion, of course. One they couldn't sell for a heartbeat without the assistance of House Greystark, who have accepted my character under certain unusual conditions - fealty of the permanent sort beyond mere wardship-until-adulthood, as an oath on public record, a humiliating concession and acknowledgement that they cannot lay claim to even the respect due a banner house - and a singular service done for Lord Greystark to go in my Secrets section, one certain other characters will hopefully enjoy.

He has little nobility, but he does his best to be noble; unfortunately, the only talent of his that's particularly developed is a breathtaking facility with violence and a likewise-uncanny natural grace. Which would be ideal if he was a mercenary or sworn sword, or if it was at least backed up by some talent for command...instead it just pushes him ever farther away from political relevance, into the pigeonhole of retainer. Of nobody, the way he sees it. And he has very good eyes. Oh, and he's huge. His House - well, his lineage, at least - are crannogmen. Huge, weirdly nimble, descendant of the frog-eaters...it took less time than a blink to assign him his styling in House Greystark.

They call him the Toad.

(Flail-and-knife fighter; would like to reflavor a parrying dagger as a frog spear, if allowed, as a cosmetic concession. Good at the personal-scale combat four-sided pyramid, notably Agility and Awareness, will leave other things to other people. Not incompetent in a social contest but definitely always a support role at best. Have a lot of things to flesh him out with, the above is just a sketch to give y'all some context.)

I like the concept and I'm looking to see more of the Toad! One clarification, if I may - so do the House know/suspect your character is a bastard or it's all in the dark and no one knows? (I guess the lady mother might know, although she wouldn't necessarily know if he is, or not, depending on her intimacy with her husband; more suspect he might be.)

Since you describe him as huge, I take it you're going to get Massive anyway, so you can fight with a flail in one hand and a frog spear in the other? Although there's a frog spear already in the rules, I guess I can allow you to use the parrying dagger as a frog spear - as it normally wouldn't allow Off-hand, and thus be useless in two-weapon fighting.

ererruz

Quote from: Crasey on April 24, 2014, 03:23:35 PM
Just to be sure:

I get the impression this means these don't cost destiny points, but do they also not count against the maximum benefits value?

You only get one Fate or Heritage quality (or other, if you can persuade me) for free (they don't cost destiny points) and no, they don't count for the maximum benefits value.

Also, by saying that Greystarks can choose either Blood of the Free Men or Blood of Andals, I meant to say that they descend from both (Free Men through their father, Andals through their mother), not that they get either of those in addition to the Fate or Heritage quality. Sorry for the confusion!

Rajah

Quote from: ererruz on April 24, 2014, 03:29:38 PM
I like the concept and I'm looking to see more of the Toad! One clarification, if I may - so do the House know/suspect your character is a bastard or it's all in the dark and no one knows? (I guess the lady mother might know, although she wouldn't necessarily know if he is, or not, depending on her intimacy with her husband; more suspect he might be.)

Oh, definitely. See the PM I sent you for more context, but yeah, they're pretty sure, and it's pretty physically obvious as well. Given the sorry state of the heir and their situation in general, they have little choice but to sell the lie.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Orange Marmalade

Juggtacular

someinheritthewealth

I fixed her, anything willing to take her twin?

Lockepick

BEHOLD, MY MEDIOCRE PAINT SKILLS!
I added a Chevron to the bottom to make it look a little less... open, as well as making it so the wolf-head didn't just end into nothing. I can change the color of the Chevron, but figured anything else would be kind of out of left field. I could add a second chevron below it if we wanted a sort of double-line thing, but I thought this was simple enough.

I've been playing around with paint, and I'm pretty sure I can add a scroll on the bottom for our motto -- but I might need to blow the crest up large in order to get the words to be legible, depending on how long our motto is. Even the smallest calligraphy tool is pretty big in comparison to our crest.

Lockepick

Here are some examples with the scroll. I can change the color of the scroll and of the text, naturally.

Blank Scroll

Placeholder Saying

SydneyDrew20

Question Mark

I gotta say, I like the chevron.   Let's keep it.

Though, if we are going with a grey wolf eclipsed by a swollen bloodmoon, I'd prefer if the moon was centered.  Having the moon be off center when it was a small circle on a colored disk was pretty, because then the small circle was in the wolf's mouth.  Without the circle though, it just looks off when it's, well, off center.

Lockepick

IF we move the wolf, the chevron won't really work. We might be able to switch it to a horizontal line instead though. I think I like the wolf centered, only because I like the 'un-centered' piece to be in one of the upper corners.

Question Mark

Quote from: lockepick on April 27, 2014, 10:34:41 PM
IF we move the wolf, the chevron won't really work. We might be able to switch it to a horizontal line instead though. I think I like the wolf centered, only because I like the 'un-centered' piece to be in one of the upper corners.

Oh, I wasn't talking about the wolf.  The wolf is fine.  It's the bloodmoon background that I think needs to be centered as well.

ererruz

Quote from: lockepick on April 26, 2014, 10:14:12 AM
BEHOLD, MY MEDIOCRE PAINT SKILLS!
I added a Chevron to the bottom to make it look a little less... open, as well as making it so the wolf-head didn't just end into nothing. I can change the color of the Chevron, but figured anything else would be kind of out of left field. I could add a second chevron below it if we wanted a sort of double-line thing, but I thought this was simple enough.

I've been playing around with paint, and I'm pretty sure I can add a scroll on the bottom for our motto -- but I might need to blow the crest up large in order to get the words to be legible, depending on how long our motto is. Even the smallest calligraphy tool is pretty big in comparison to our crest.

Doesn't look bad, but I'm thinking a double chevron might look better.

ererruz

Quote from: Question Mark on April 27, 2014, 10:23:27 PM
I gotta say, I like the chevron.   Let's keep it.

Though, if we are going with a grey wolf eclipsed by a swollen bloodmoon, I'd prefer if the moon was centered.  Having the moon be off center when it was a small circle on a colored disk was pretty, because then the small circle was in the wolf's mouth.  Without the circle though, it just looks off when it's, well, off center.

Second that notion. If I find some free time today, I'll try and see how it looks.

Lockepick

For the double chevron -- did you want one the same width as the current one? Or maybe half-width? I could try each when I get home (in 8 hours) if you're not sure.

ererruz

Quote from: lockepick on April 28, 2014, 07:22:52 AM
For the double chevron -- did you want one the same width as the current one? Or maybe half-width? I could try each when I get home (in 8 hours) if you're not sure.
Half-width sounds like it'd fit better.

ererruz

I'm closing the application process. I'll be waiting for those who have shown interest to send me their character concepts, but apart from them, I'm not accepting any new players. After hearing from them, I'll post the final player rooster of ~6 (as stated in my first post).

Interest check:
Orange Marmalade: character application and sheet both done
lockepick: character application and sheet both done
Question Mark: character application and sheet both done; need updated equipment
Juggtacular: character application and sheet both done
SydneyDrew20: character application done, character sheet to be done (I'm on it)
someinheritthewealth: character application done, character sheet to be done
Rajah: awaiting
Crasey: awaiting
Miroque: character application and sheet both done

Orange Marmalade

Question Mark

Quote from: ererruz on April 28, 2014, 12:19:14 PM
I'm closing the application process. I'll be waiting for those who have shown interest to send me their character concepts, but apart from them, I'm not accepting any new players. After hearing from them, I'll post the final player rooster of ~6 (as stated in my first post).

Interest check:
Orange Marmalade: character application and sheet both done
lockepick: character application and sheet both done
Question Mark: character application and sheet both done; need updated equipment
Juggtacular: character application and sheet both done
SydneyDrew20: character application done, character sheet to be done (I'm on it)
someinheritthewealth: character application done, character sheet to be done
Rajah: awaiting
Crasey: awaiting
Miroque: character application and sheet both done

*stares intently at Rajah and Crasey*

someinheritthewealth

Question Ere can I still maybe see about getting someone the other twin?

ererruz

The recruitment is closed now, so no.

I still haven't heard from Rajah, unfortunately. I'm giving him a day or two, and then I'll choose among the characters I've got so far.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: ererruz on April 30, 2014, 09:29:24 AM
The recruitment is closed now, so no.

I still haven't heard from Rajah, unfortunately. I'm giving him a day or two, and then I'll choose among the characters I've got so far.

It's just I been busy with college so not had time to ask any until now... :(

Question Mark

Quote from: someinheritthewealth on April 30, 2014, 03:22:03 PM

Well, why not make her a secondary character?

ererruz

Quote from: someinheritthewealth on April 30, 2014, 03:22:03 PM

I can write you (and the person you find) on the waiting list if someone resigns, if you'd rather wait till you find someone. I apologise but I can't wait any longer with starting the game.

ererruz

At the moment I know I won't manage more than 6 characters, so I had to choose.

Current players and accepted characters:
  • Orange Marmalade: Tybolt Greystark
  • lockepick: Lowell Greystark
  • Question Mark: Maester Owell
  • Juggtacular: Leynir Greystark
  • SydneyDrew20: Alyssin Tullison
  • Miroque: Wylla Wisent
The rest will be on the waiting list, should anyone drop out, I'll give you a PM.