Secrets of Candlewick (Supernatural Romance-Fae and WereCreatures-LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, June 08, 2015, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Aw man... too slow on the uptake! *Murbles and goes to try and find a different name for Summer*

My question... so since there's a few Queens meow, does this mean that we NPC our Kings if we're saying they're alive? Or can Kings be PC? And either way, can I borrow from Dresden Files for the Summer King?

Pixy

Hello, everyone. I'd like to join your game, if I may. I am considering a princess or knight for either the Summer or Autumn court. I will work on the character sheet soon.

Crash

Quote from: bubby on June 12, 2015, 02:51:29 AM
Aw man... too slow on the uptake! *Murbles and goes to try and find a different name for Summer*

My question... so since there's a few Queens meow, does this mean that we NPC our Kings if we're saying they're alive? Or can Kings be PC? And either way, can I borrow from Dresden Files for the Summer King?

You don't have to have a King.  If you want one you can either see if another player wants to be your King or you can NPC him or her.

Quote from: Starcry on June 12, 2015, 02:57:33 AM
Just to say that I shall be keeping my eye on this~

No watch...join. ;)

Quote from: Pixy on June 12, 2015, 03:48:10 AM
Hello, everyone. I'd like to join your game, if I may. I am considering a princess or knight for either the Summer or Autumn court. I will work on the character sheet soon.

Pixy - Welcome.  If you want a princess they would have to be related or adopted by one of the current Queens so you will want to talk to bubby or Tinkertoy.  I would probably go with Knight though. I think we need them and Lords or Ladies more than a Princess.  If you are dead set on a Princess I won't stop you though. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhi

Name: Madison Pleasance
Player: Dhi
Concept:  Wide-eyed infiltrator of the supernatural world
Dirty Secret:  Unknown even to herself, Madison is a fetch: a fae sleeper agent, placed in a crib to replace a kidnapped human girl. The real Madison resides somewhere in Arcadia with her siblings.
Sex: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
On’s: Fireflies at dusk, horse derbies, a plate full of coconut cookies, cleansing abuse
Off’s: Laziness, irresponsibility, an unnecessary word where a comforting touch will do, hard restraints
Player O&Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114205

Appearance:
Hair: Autumn brown
Eyes: Bloodstone red-brown
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 118

Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Going prepared into the chill woods

Seemly, modest, but undeniably queer

The glamoured lens

There is a polite uncertainty in her sad smile, the worry of a woman waiting to be photographed against her better judgement. A lifelong disinterest in the opposite sex keeps her trim body secret in modest clothes of rich, warm, autumnal hues and her straight-brushed hair naught but pinned against the enemy of Candlewick winds. When every button is buttoned to the top and a pretty shade of pink lipstick is there to draw the eye away from her peculiar twinned moles, Madison has the mature composure of a woman comfortable in her own skin. Her scent is the virginal honeysuckle and heliotrope of an accidental garden, hearty olive blossom, and milk and honey of waiting paradise.

Personality:
Curious. The unknown keeps Madison up at night. Though her curiosity easily leads her to trouble, she cannot leave well enough alone. Few things move her as powerfully as the discovery of something fantastical, or beautiful, or taboo.

Unflinching. Through primitive fear, through bruises and scratches, bedamned what others may think, Madison relentlessly pursues her goals. The powers that be did not see fit to equip her with a panic response, and she has never been known to scream.

Taciturn. Madison is a woman of few words, an adorer of silent film and the art of subtler communication. In keeping her observations of the supernatural secret, she's become reluctant to speak her mind, and many times, the opportunity is allowed to pass by completely.

Incorrigible. Authority is not to be trusted- the authorities could not bring back Madison's siblings, and early on she was awakened to the powerlessness of her parents. The feeling that this world is only a thin shell, coupled with glimpses of things which cannot be explained, cause Madison to invest her utmost loyalty in those closest to her and let the rest of the world brush away like so much rose petals.

Earnest. A heartfelt gesture springs unbidden from the fingertips of a woman with no sarcasm in her vocabulary, and so she wears her emotions and desires on her sleeve, guarded only by her natural secrecy and quiet.

Supernatural Abilities or Special Skills:

Glamoured Lens. Madison keeps a viewing lens of apparently hand-crafted origin through which she can see the supernatural world as it truly exists. Madison finds the lens unattractive and unwieldly, and so seldom wears it while observed, and never without compelling reason.

Oaths: None.

Background: TBD

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Will start putting together OOC, Character, NPC and Game Information Threads this weekend.  After that I will start reviewing character sheets and maybe IC History thread to let people get started while I finish up the other IC threads and have an official opening event.

Famine

Looking this over and I am definitely interested in playing the second vampire if that spot is still open. If so please let me know.
The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Crash

It is not at this time.  If I get more Fae and Human characters I may open another vampire spot in the future.  Many dark Fae share some traits with Vampires so that might be something to look at.

Famine

The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Crash

Far can be pretty much anything.  One of the characters is effectively an inccubus.  Almost any creature of legend can fall into the Fae category in this game.  It doesn't just have to be the classic Fairy Creatures of European lore.

Crash

I will be populating some of the courts with NPC's so no court will be without.

I think my Peacock Lord will be Spring.  I have some ideas for other courts too.  Many will be commoners since I don't think we have any yet and of course more humans will be mentioned.

Crash

Those of you who feel your character is ready for review please email it to me.

Title the PM: Candlewick - <Character Name>

I will review them when I can, but it may not be a quick turn around.

Everyone - Some of this game is meant to be surreal and confusing.  I want to keep some mystery to the place,  don't worry about not getting everything "right" with your character. I will get an information thread up but read over what I have so far in the opening couple of posts and write up something interesting.  If you are really worried post your concept here and I will let you know if you are on the right track. I except that characters will need edits and that is okay.

Dhi

I'm going to be fine tuning my character in the coming week. I feel as though right now she doesn't have enough of a focus. I started writing her too shy to really have any romantic prospects, then switched gears. Looking back at some of my inspirations (chiefly Mallory Grace, Alice in Wonderland, and Bjork) I think I could tighten up the personality and niche of the character considerably to make her more outgoing.

Crash

No problem.  I am going to try to consolidate the many questions I have gotten here and in PM about the game.

I think part of some of the confusion has been from the fact that Candlewick Vale is purposefully vague in many ways.  Lots of weird stuff goes on their that is mostly unexplained even to the supernatural elements.  I want their to be mysteries to run into from time to time.

I will have more soon-ish.  Maybe even some tonight.

Announcement

Those of you who feel your character is ready for review please email it to me.

Title the PM: Candlewick - <Character Name>

Crash

Pixy

Quote from: Crash on June 12, 2015, 08:43:52 AMPixy - Welcome.  If you want a princess they would have to be related or adopted by one of the current Queens so you will want to talk to bubby or Tinkertoy.  I would probably go with Knight though. I think we need them and Lords or Ladies more than a Princess.  If you are dead set on a Princess I won't stop you though. ;)

Thank you for the response. I'm still debating but will be sure to submit a concept soon.

Crash

Crash

Those that have already submitted a character here in the recruitment thread still need to PM your character to me for final approval.

bubby

So hopefully, at some point today, I'll have a char sheet done to send to you Crash. I do have a request though. Could you maybe put all the game links into the OOC thread, or even Game Info thread? This way they're all in one spot and my bookmarks don't go crazy.  ::)

Crash

Quote from: bubby on June 13, 2015, 12:56:33 PM
So hopefully, at some point today, I'll have a char sheet done to send to you Crash. I do have a request though. Could you maybe put all the game links into the OOC thread, or even Game Info thread? This way they're all in one spot and my bookmarks don't go crazy.  ::)

They are all in the first post of this recruitment thread but I will place them all in the first post of OOC too.

bubby

Quote from: Crash on June 13, 2015, 12:59:46 PM
They are all in the first post of this recruitment thread but I will place them all in the first post of OOC too.

You rawk babe.

Crash

Quote from: bubby on June 13, 2015, 01:01:26 PM
You rawk babe.

Thank yah!

Update: I have replied to all character sheets that have been PM'ed to me.  If you did not get a PM from me I do not have your character.

Crash

bubby