Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

So, a little like The Long Dark, only with aliens?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on June 11, 2015, 01:01:57 PM
So, a little like The Long Dark, only with aliens?
And top down, yeah. It has similarities. I want the Long Dark too, but it was too expensive, and I want an Xbox One so I'm not going to be buying any games from Steam for a while.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sara Nilsson

Sakura Fantasy, chapter 1.

its soooooooo much fun :) I can really recommend it and its only 10 bucks

NinjaNinja2013

Finishing dead space and doing another round in fallout new vegas. Haven't beat the latter yet because I restarted the game to get the wild wasteland trait which doesn't seem like a big deal really.

Inkidu

It's more for fans of Fallout 2 who like their game rather ludicrous. :)

There are some funny moments like coming across a fridge with a skeleton with a fedora on its skull though.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

consortium11

The Wild Wasteland stuff is more occasional in-jokes, bizarre moments and strangeness rather than anything game-changing. As Inkidu says it rather hawks back to the easter eggs in Fallout 2.

I've been replaying Arcanum again. If you ever wanted to point to an example of flawed genius in game-making you'd be hard pressed to find a better than one this (although Troika's other awful masterpiece Vampire Bloodlines may come close). The graphics are awful (both at the time and certainly by today's standards), the combat is utterly dreadful (and incredibly unbalanced), despite both official and unofficial patches there are still some bugs in there and because of how old it is even getting it running on modern systems requires some work. But despite all that it may still be my favorite cRPG of all. Wonderful setting, excellent plot, a huge amount of choices and consequences, pretty much the best character creation system I can recall, different stats making a real impact on gameplay and storyline etc etc.

If you can stomach the poor graphics and worse combat (made particularly bad by a grindy combat and avoid traps quest relatively early in the game which shows it at its worst) then there's a wonderful game underneath.

Dice

Oniya

I watched Generikb do a week of it - unfortunately, it didn't get enough 'likes' to become a full series.  It's a little bit rogue-like, but there are set levels and bosses - just some of the intervening encounters and events are randomized by the 'deck of cards' mechanic.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Dice

From what I saw, I really wish this was a real card game. I recon I would have a great amount of fun playing storyteller to my wife in a game like this.

Thinking I might have to make it if it seems feasible.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Inkidu on June 11, 2015, 07:06:03 PM
And top down, yeah. It has similarities. I want the Long Dark too, but it was too expensive, and I want an Xbox One so I'm not going to be buying any games from Steam for a while.

I know what you mean... I want one of the 1 Terabyte Xbox Ones. Ya know when they are out and watching Microsoft's E3 conference didn't help matter's any... Just been working on Dragon Age: Inquisition and Dishonored. Going to need to finish up some of my backlog, because when I can get my hand on that Rare collection? I might just disappear for awhile!

Kuje

"Xbox One 1TB consoles will start shipping to retailers June 16 in the United States and select markets later this month and will be available starting at $399 USD ERP.*"

http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-one-1tb-console-price-reduction.

Since I have a day one edition, I just spent the 70ish dollars for a 1 terabyte external hard drive and plugged it into one of the usb's. Much cheaper. :)

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 15, 2015, 07:04:56 PM
I know what you mean... I want one of the 1 Terabyte Xbox Ones. Ya know when they are out and watching Microsoft's E3 conference didn't help matter's any... Just been working on Dragon Age: Inquisition and Dishonored. Going to need to finish up some of my backlog, because when I can get my hand on that Rare collection? I might just disappear for awhile!

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Kuje on June 15, 2015, 08:03:21 PM
"Xbox One 1TB consoles will start shipping to retailers June 16 in the United States and select markets later this month and will be available starting at $399 USD ERP.*"

http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-one-1tb-console-price-reduction.

Since I have a day one edition, I just spent the 70ish dollars for a 1 terabyte external hard drive and plugged it into one of the usb's. Much cheaper. :)

I'll keep that in mind... Still not sure what to think about the announced Backward Compatibility to the Xbox One, though the Hologlass was awesome! I'm also a sucker for playing as a villain so Fable Legends is tempting. Not as tempting as 30 games for 30 bucks though!

Kuje

I'm so looking forward to the backwards compatibility, finally! I knew there was a reason why I kept all my 360 games. :) Hologlass looked wicked back when I saw it a few months ago at the windows conference. I'm still debating about Fable since I don't have a lot of friends who play rpgs, especially multiplayer ones.

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 15, 2015, 08:46:19 PM
I'll keep that in mind... Still not sure what to think about the announced Backward Compatibility to the Xbox One, though the Hologlass was awesome! I'm also a sucker for playing as a villain so Fable Legends is tempting. Not as tempting as 30 games for 30 bucks though!

Sasquatch421

I know what you mean... My last count I have over 100 360 games, then you look into regular Xbox, PS3, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, Game Gear and the Intellivision I still have? There is still things I love to play like KOTOR 1&2, Jade Empire (still hoping for another one Bioware!) COD 2: The Big Red 1, Armed and Dangerous, Ninja Gaiden Black and Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball...

Huh... Ya know we should probably do an E3 thread... Then I'll gush about the Hologlass and what they did with Minecraft!

Inkidu

Wait, the Xbox One is getting backward compatibility? Is it through an update or is it a new console version?

Kuje

An update. The beta testers already got access to some games today with more being added more as the months follow until the patch is released to the public later this fall.

Quote from: Inkidu on June 15, 2015, 09:25:19 PM
Wait, the Xbox One is getting backward compatibility? Is it through an update or is it a new console version?

Sasquatch421

The Gears of War beta started today as well if I remember correctly! I'm also going to repeat this here... Shemue 3 is up on Kickstarter!

Ryven

Started trying out Skyforge a few days ago.  I like it.  Anyone else tried it as well?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on July 28, 2015, 11:10:35 AM
Started trying out Skyforge a few days ago.  I like it.  Anyone else tried it as well?

Me and swordsman18 play but unless you are near the same prestige as us or if you're higher then playing together isn't possible unless it is roaming around the huge maps.   
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

I'm only at around 800 or so right now.  I just opened the main tier of the ascension atlas.

Zeth

I am playing Batman: Arkham Knight on Xbox One and I love it. My only complaint is it focuses on the Batmobile a little too much.

Timeless

I've been contemplating to get back to Warframe. >__> But I had been away for so damn long..

Uhm, so, if anybody plays Warframe and wouldn't mind company, I would love to tag along. ;3;~

WindVoyager

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
FNaF 1-4
Among the Sleep
Silent Hill Downpour
Until Dawn

Inkidu

I recommend buying Five Nights at Freddy's one at a time. I have the first one, I beat the first night, and I haven't been back in months. :P

(Of course to a rational sane person you would go one night, and then never come back, but that's neither here nor there. :P)

WindVoyager

One and four are the best of the series and there's some DLC coming out in OCt and Scott is working on another game in a simaler  vein as FNaf.

(there's a lot of theories as to why the poor sod keeps coming back, everything from being an under cover agent for some company to him having deep connections to past events)