WWII Era - Russian Front Game

Started by MagicalPen, August 22, 2006, 08:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Ok. So i've been toying around with this idea some, and tweaked it up a bit. I'll have a co-gm if enough interest is generated in this game. I'd say at least 8 - 10 people before we get this started. People could play as Nurses (woot woot), Guards, Soldiers, POWs, *citizens* etc...pretty much anything goes.

Setting:

World War II, 1940’s, Eastern Front, Russia, Town of Orel

Description:

Nestled in foothills, surrounded by Forests, Orel is a rather secluded place. Its location is key, however, as it lays on the banks of a river and provides one of the only crossings of the river for close to 100 miles in either direction. The Bridge has guard posts on either end, and wires running across the river both upstream and down to prevent any boats from attempting to blow it up. 

The town itself has a large military population. It’s the Headquarters for the local German Garrison, the Colonel occupying a manor house in the town itself along with his staff and personal guards. A Warehouse by the pier – it was a fishing village at one point – has been turned into a hospital, curtains sectioning off surgery rooms and the more serious wounded from the less serious. The overseer’s office has been turned into the staffs break room, and overlooks the entire floor.
Next to the road leading out from town, a tent-city to house the town’s garrison troops has been erected, surrounded by barbed wire and watchtowers. On the opposite side of the street, a similar tent-town has been erected, but to hold prisoners. Work is going on at both sites to convert the tents into more permanent and weather proof buildings. German MPs are on constant guard at all road blocks – leading into and out of town.
A short distance from town is the processing compound, where all new prisoners are interrogated and some are tortured. Partisan activity in the area has caused worry, and every Russian is a suspect.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Akioth

Count me in. WWII Russian/German front? Wheeeeeeeee
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

MagicalPen

15 views and 1 bite. Hmm...

I get the impression that most people dont seem interested (perhaps because of WWII setting) because it seems very open ended and directionless. Well, the game is still really formulating in my head i suppose.

Think of the Guards/Prisoners as being Master/Slave type of thing. The Russians were known to have Female Soldiers, and Partisans were definately a mix of both. Then there is always the townsfolk and local brothel. Such a business would flourish with the amount of troops coming and going from the Town. I'm not sure if i want to open the game to active Partisans - aka ones who are actively fighting the germans - but thats always a possibility. If anyone else has some ideas that would get them hooked, feel free to share them.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Akioth

Not to mention the possibilities of whatever the germans might do to local female towns folk whom they have just conquered hmmmm

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Lyria

Hmmmmm

and the possiblity of a forbidden romance... german soldier locks eyes with a pretty girl from town...

I could be interested.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

I take it no one else is interested?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MadPanda

Thinking about it.  Alas, this is a period and subject prone to much ugliness, very quickly indeed...(shiver)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Akioth

Yes, well I'd hope we wouldn't indulge in the particular uglinesses that the war brought....

NikitaFirestar

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

MagicalPen

Well, when it comes to a WWII setting, there isnt much...leeway with where to set it that would be reasonable. 1944-France the front lines moved too fast for there to be such a 'town' as i have described. Russia, on the other hand, was so vast and partisan activity so lively that they needed centers of control (and protection of vital points) which makes the setting more reasonable. I dont see any problems with the ugliness of the war for this game - NC Sex etc is pretty common these boards, and i'm not exactly looking for a combat-sim type of game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Akioth

*laughs* I don't think he was referring to the NC of the war >.>;;

EDIT: Not that the NC wasn't bad, but there was worse...

NikitaFirestar

*Chuckles* Well let me know if this goes anywhere... I can always play a nurse workin secretly for the Allies!

MadPanda

Quote from: Akioth on August 28, 2006, 01:08:50 PM
*laughs* I don't think he was referring to the NC of the war >.>;;

Nope.  I was thinking of all the other ugliness on the East Front...and there was a lot of it, on both sides, and it was BAD. So we'd probably need some way around, say, the Einsatzgruppen factor.

In Memory of Bishrook

MagicalPen

Well i'm not planning on having this game see much action. So that sort of ugliness - killing civilians, etc etc - isnt going to happen. People here are responsible enough i think to keep the game within the bounds i've set for it. I think we need a few more people before we can request to have this turned into a real game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MadPanda

(whew!)
Okay, then.  That's a relief.  I'll think a little harder about possible characters.

In Memory of Bishrook

NikitaFirestar

So are we going to do this? Is there a thread up yet? Guidelines for a character? Anything? *Giggles*

Lilian

Hehe. I still wanted to do my paranormal WW2 game based in German-occupied northern Italy, by the swiss border. =3   Demons and goblins and nazis, oh my!

But this might be interesting..

Akioth

Lilian I know I've known you for a long time but you still freak me out.

Lilian

Elvi

Quote from: Lilian on September 02, 2006, 02:44:00 PM
Hehe. I still wanted to do my paranormal WW2 game based in German-occupied northern Italy, by the swiss border. =3   Demons and goblins and nazis, oh my!

But this might be interesting..

And will it ever get it's self out of the head and onto the paper we wonder?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Lilian

It's already on paper. O.o  It's just that Amberghylles is no longer around much, Kyune dropped offline, TasinJace wont post on Elliquiy, and Little Dragon is having a lot of depression. Those were most of the players I planned to have in it o.o

Elvi

Lilian

Well, if people want me to start it back up, I can...  if you'd like I can bump the thread up in players wanted. =3

Since my medieval game bit the dust.. though this will be MUCH easier to run.

And my medieval one DOES get ran, just in more.. private games.. ehehehe!

Elvi