X-men DOTD rpg: Welcomes Canon and created characters (LGTB)

Started by VoluptuousVixen, June 27, 2014, 09:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoluptuousVixen

Yes feel free to put up bios for Domino and Forge.

bubby

I'm going to try to get Selenes bio up before I got to work in a few hours.

I will admit though, I have a small bit of trepidation with the fact that it seems Selene will be it from the Hellfire Club group. Kinda puts her in a box?

deadmanshand

It just means you'll have to look outside the Hellfire Club for your perfect mate.

Pumpkin Seeds

CHARACTER NAME: Domino
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Bisexual
HEIGHT: 5'8
WEIGHT: 120lbs
AFFILIATION: None

APPEARANCE

HISTORY

POWERS/ABILITIES

Probability Manipulation - Domino has a latent telekinetic ability to affect probability in her line of sight to her favor.  Through this ability she can accomplish near impossible, but not actually impossible, feats.  Also this ability can cause her opponents to suffer similar fates as the odds begin to stack against them.  This gives Domino the appearance of having “good luck” while her opponents suffer from “bad luck.”  Such effects only occur during times of high stress such as high stakes gambling, combat or times when she or her friends around her are in immediate danger.  These feats can range from a stray bullet striking a button to shut down a nuclear reactor to an opponent’s weapon jamming at point blank range to her.  Domino has little to no control over this power and is unable to predict how things will manifest and unfold.  In order to gain advantage from this ability, Domino must be an active participant in the action (i.e. if debris is falling she must actively be trying to dodge the debris and not simply standing still).

Enhanced Reflexes and Agility - Domino’s ability to telekinetically manipulate the odds around her is also tuned into her body.  This allows her body to move with the manipulations of her mind and body so that she appears to have heightened reflexes and agility as her body knows precisely where to stand to avoid danger and grant her the best possible chance for a shot.

Expert Marksman - Through training and use of her abilities, Domino is considered to be a top ranked marksman and proficient with a multitude of ranged weapons.  To date she favors small arms and rifles.

Skilled Combatant - From brawling on the streets to military combat techniques, Domino has dedicated her life to learning the arts of combat.  She has mastered various style and techniques in hand-to-hand combat along with close quarters combat.

WEAKNESSES

Infamy - Domino has a distinctive appearance with her pale skin, black hair and the birth mark over her left eye.  She is a wanted woman with a long criminal background that has only grown more extensive as she has aged.  Multiple organizations want her for questioning while more than a few just want her dead.

Power Control - Domino has no ability to control her power.  While the outcome is typically in her favor, Domino cannot guarantee the same for those around her or for the property around her.  She is a wild card and can never be sure how the chips will fall.

EQUIPMENT

wander

Pretty ladies... I think this is gonna be a fun game! :)

bubby

CHARACTER NAME: Lady Selene, The Black Queen
AGE: True age unknown, farthest true known sightings -Hyborian Age
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual
HEIGHT: 5' 10”
WEIGHT: 130 lbs
AFFILIATION: Self, Brotherhood
FACE CLAIM: (1st Model) Daiana Menezes

APPEARANCE

HISTORY:

"After the oceans swallowed Atlantis and before the rise of the Sons of Aryas is when my journey began. My mother was a mere child when she gave birth to me... When she presented me to her tribe. But she would be dead before I uttered my first words. She was the first to sacrifice her life to insure my survival, but she would not be the last. The tribal elders recognized me for what I was and instructed my mother's people to offer their lives to me until there were none left to give. I am all that remains of those people. But sustenance was not all that they provided. They also gave me a name... The name of a goddess."

Ancient Rome
Selene attempted to become a goddess several millennia ago. During the Roman Empire, Selene promised her lover Eliphas her love and eternal life in exchange for every soul in Rome. Eliphas, who at that moment was not an evil man, agreed to help Selene but he was captured and ruined Selene's plan. She cursed him, granting him immortality but life of eternal pain. Eliphas swore he would gain forgiveness from his goddess. He spent centuries searching for a way to recompense what he lost for Selene.
Nova Roma
For years Selene's origin went unrevealed. She claimed to have lived for several millennia, and to have been a foe of the ancient sorcerer Kulan Gath. In her attempt to ascend into goddesshood, Selene explained that she was born in Central Europe seventeen thousand years ago.
In ages past, Selene was renowned as a sorceress whose power was feared and respected by practitioners of black and white magic alike. Originally explained, Selene came to live in the ancient Roman Republic. Fearing that Rome's republican government would be replaced by an imperial monarchy, numerous Roman citizens, including Selene, fled Rome in the First Century BCE and sailed to the New World where they founded Nova Roma, or "New Rome", in a concealed valley in the Amazon rainforest, in what is now Brazil. At first Selene claimed that she found herself unable to leave Nova Roma, where she remained for roughly two thousand years and led the dreaded Cult of Fire as its Black Priestess. It was later explained that the creation of Nova Roma was an elaborate rouse concocted by the Hellfire Clubusing kidnapped British and American tourists brainwashed to believe themselves descendants of Roman expatriates. In her initial appearance, Selene was the wife of Nova Roma senator Marcus Domitius Gallioplotting to abolish the republican government and invest Gallio as imperial ruler. The intervention of theNew Mutants both thwarted Senator Gallio's schemes and led to Selene's apparent destruction. However, Selene not only survived, she followed the New Mutants to the United States, and New York.
Hellfire Club
Selene approached the local high priest of her world-wide Cult of Fire, Friedrich von Roehm, to assist her in securing accommodations where she could practice her dark arts safely and discreetly. A member of the Hellfire Club, von Roehm introduced Selene to Sebastian Shaw, the Black King, who was seeking powerful recruits for his Inner Circle. Selene coerced Shaw to accept her as the new Black Queen.

POWERS/ABILITIES:

Superhuman physical attributes
By using the absorbed life energies that sustain her, Selene can enhance her physical strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, and durability to superhuman levels. The amount of energy she has retained from her victims does seem to correlate somewhat with her physical strength and resistance to injury. Selene can momentarily move at superhuman speeds of around 175 miles/hour.

Ability to drain the life force of others
Selene is a "psychic vampire" with the ability to sustain herself by psionically draining the life force of other human beings into herself. If she drains a person's entire life force, the victim dies and crumbles to dust in seconds. If Selene only drains the victim's life force partially, she achieves a measure of psychic control over her victim's mind, thereby subverting them to her will. Through unknown means Selene can also cause a human being to become a psychic vampire like herself, but be subordinate to Selene's own will. Selene's youthful appearance and vitality depends upon her absorbing the life forces of one or more people on a regular basis. This restores Selene to a youthful and healthy appearance when she has been injured, or when she over-exerts her other powers, and sustains her centuries-long life. A side effect of this process is that Selene remembers the life of anyone she absorbs.

Telekenesis
Selene's most direct weapon is the telekinetic power to animate and/or levitate inorganic matter on a molecular level, by projecting part of her absorbed life force into it. She can affect nearly anything within her line of sight, and can warp and alter the molecules of inanimate matter to her whim, causing objects to wrap around and constrict others, creating lifelike humanoid structures to combat her opponents, or simply reducing objects to dust. She can use this power in more standard ways, such as creating powerful force fields around herself, and can levitate herself and others but cannot truly fly. Selene can also control and manipulate fire in a variety of ways, though she cannot create the fire herself; whether this is a facet of her telekinesis or a separate power is unclear.

Telepathy
Selene possesses an undefined level of telepathic ability. She often uses her telepathy to blend her psychic signature into the background thoughts around her, making her difficult for other psionics to locate or track, or to induce a hypnotic trance in others, during which she slips away at superhuman speed, leaving them with the impression that she simply vanished.

Sorceress
Selene possesses considerable magical abilities and extensive knowledge of sorcery, enabling her to cast and counteract spells. While the full extent of Selene's magical skill is not known, her greatly extended lifespan has given her sufficient knowledge and experience to be considered a threat to Kulan Gath.

WEAKNESSES:

Not as powerful as high-order telepaths such as Professor X, Emma Frost,orJean Grey, and is vulnerable to psionic attack should she be directly engaged.

Great expenditure of power causes Selene to age rapidly, but she can rejuvenate herself by absorbing more life force.

PERSONALITY:

Selene is ambitious and deceitful, always looking out for herself and her end goal in truly reaching Goddess status. She is always seeking any who can prove themselves loyal to her and her cause, but has no issue with killing any who cross her path if they cannot be used to her own purposes.

EQUIPMENT:

N/A

KNOWN ENEMIES:

Kulan Gath, the X-Men

wander

Love that Hyborean Age reference for Selene's birth... Back when Marvel had the rights to Conan :)

deadmanshand

Marvel's Conan comics are still one of the best adaptations and homages to the character ever.

bubby

*Can't help but stare at Tama's avi*

ya know... I'm totally Strictly Dickly, but... DAT ASS... dahyuhm.

*coughs*

ANYWAY... I have a question too. At one point I'm pretty sure that Blink was working with Selene. Is this the timeline that that is happening? Or are we just pretty much going with the time period, and going to be working our own story line(s)?

bubby

Quote from: deadmanshand on October 14, 2014, 02:38:37 AM
I think option number two, bubby.

Yeah, I kinda figured that too, but I didn't want to assume. If it is #2, imma go ahead and toss it out there meow, that anyone who wants to side with Selene and/or Hellfire, I'm taking application and doing interviews...   ::)

Pumpkin Seeds

VoluptuousVixen

Hey all, I am a bit worried I might have "cut my nose off" to spite my face with this game.

By limiting the characters who are 16 + I think less people are tempted to join.

I have been thinking but wanted to ask you all.

How would you feel playing the characters older as they are in the current 616?
I feel It could open up doors in general for us and we can still do the Death of Xavier storyline.
In the comics its currently called "The Last Will and Testement of Charles Xavier." I would still play Mystique as a VIllian and we could still have Juggernourt and Selene and everyone in. I just think having newer characters in like say, Bishop/Jubeilee etc could help and not hinder us.

What do you all think?

bubby

Is there anywhere online this particular story arc can be found for free? I feel like a fish outta water here...

wander

As a reader myself, that story is currently being collected, but if you'd like to see how Xavier dies in the comics, its detailed at the end of the Avengers vs X-Men TPB.
I'm open to whatever occurs. Would we have to add more recent events into our bios though? Gambit is currently working with X-Factor unless you'd like him somewhere specifically, loislanekent...

Off-topic; Totally digging your avvy bubby! *thumbs up* :)

bubby

Quote from: wander on October 14, 2014, 01:05:54 PM
As a reader myself, that story is currently being collected, but if you'd like to see how Xavier dies in the comics, its detailed at the end of the Avengers vs X-Men TPB.
I'm open to whatever occurs. Would we have to add more recent events into our bios though? Gambit is currently working with X-Factor unless you'd like him somewhere specifically, loislanekent...

Off-topic; Totally digging your avvy bubby! *thumbs up* :)

Thanks darlin'!

As for our chars/this game, if we are going to go utterly canon with it, I'm not sure I'd be a good fit, because I truly do not know the comics well enough.

deadmanshand

I doubt we're going to go strictly canon. That just wouldn't really work for a game.

@loislanekent - Opening the game up to a wider selection of characters may help. I am not opposed to it.

Jag

*peeks in*

Is there room for me? For Toad?

>.>

Toad Profile if accepted

CHARACTER NAME: Toad
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual
HEIGHT: 5'8
WEIGHT: 169lbs
AFFILIATION: Brotherhood

APPEARANCE

HISTORY

Mortimer Toynbee was born in York, England, and was quickly abandoned by his parents and spent many years in an orphanage, where he was constantly tormented by other children due to his ugliness and strangely shaped body (as his mutant appearance was present from birth). He was considered to be mentally inferior due to his extreme shyness and mild learning disabilities during his primary school years, though he was actually quite intelligent. He dropped out at an extremely early age and decided to fend for himself. Based on years of abuse and knowing full well he was a freak, Mortimer developed a severe inferiority complex, becoming servile to anyone that showed him the slightest bit of affection.

He was recruited into Magneto's Brotherhood, becoming Magneto's sycophantic 'toady'. Toad belives that Magneto loves him like a son. Ignoring the fact that everyone treats him like a human shield. He has also developed a crush on Magneto's daughter, Scarlet Witch, and is seemingly oblivious to her either repulsion or complete lack of knowledge that he might even exist.

POWERS/ABILITIES
    Superhuman Leaping: Toad's primary mutant power is the ability to leap to heights and distances far greater than that of an ordinary human. He has a vertical leap of over 24 feet and a horizontal jump of approximately 36 feet in a single leap. No definite limit to his leaping ability is yet known and can likely increase with age and training. Although Toad usually stands in a crouching position, he can stand erect if he wishes, the crouching poisition allows him quicker leaping if the situation calls for it. His unusually flexible spine enables him to crouch continually without strain.

Superhuman Stamina: Toad's muscles produce much less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the muscles of an ordinary human. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair him.

Superhuman Agility: Toad's bodily coordination and balance are enhanced to levels that are beyond the human body's natural limits.

Superhuman Durability: Toad's body is somewhat tougher and more resistant to physical injury than an ordinary human's. He can withstand impacts and physical trauma that would severely injure or kill an ordinary human with moderate discomfort.

Super-Prehensile Tongue: Toad has the ability to extend his tongue up to 25 feet in distance and ensnare objects and people. His tongue is superhumanly strong to the extent that he once killed a man by ensnaring him with his tongue and squeezing him, causing the man to be crushed to death much like a snake constricting it's prey.

Mind Alteration: Toad's super-prehensile tongue contains mind altering toxins bending a person's will so that they obey Toad's commands.

Toxic Saliva: He is also able to spit a caustic phlegmatic substance.

Paralytic Resin: His pores secrete a mucus resin that adheres to any surface and paralyzes the nervous systems of whatever it touches.

Superhuman Respiratory System: He can also contain large amounts of air in his expanding cheeks and throat and expel it with enough force to knock someone off their feet.

Amphibian Control: Toad has demonstrated the ability to psionically communicate with amphibian life, such as frogs, toads, newts, and salamanders.

Superhuman Strength: The Toad is superhumanly strong, primarily in his lower body, and is capable of leg pressing 3 tons. He possesses superhuman strength in his upper body as well, although to a much lower degree, and can lift about 1 ton.

WEAKNESSES

Combat: Toad is not hand to hand combat trained. Much of his fighting is based on wildly kicking and spitting till his enemy is either worn down or he can get away.

Mentality: Toad is very emotional and very mentally unstable. He talks to himself quite a bit.

Agility: Lack of proper training makes his agility near useless.

Durability: He is far from invulnerable and can be injured in ways similar to an ordinary human. For instance, he is not bulletproof and can be injured by weapons composed of conventional materials.

Prehensile Tongue: While it's very slick and very strong, if the right person were able to grab hold of it, they would have control of him easily.

Mind Alteration: Mental and emotional instabilities would suggest that the toxin he uses to control other people affects him as well. The degree of control he has over the person he uses it on is minimal and it generally only works on people as weak willed as himself.

Paralytic Resin: The resin he produces quickly wears off and does not prevent mutants from using their own abilities (such as Scott's eyes, Jean's powers, or even Rogue's if he were to touch her while she was affected).

Superhuman Respiratory System: The force the wind created is not more than enough to knock an average sized person off their feet.

Amphibian Control: Cannot control them once they are about half a mile away from him.

EQUIPMENT

None.

OTHER

Despite his social awkwardness and seeming lack of intelligence, Toad is capable of understanding and utilizing advanced, even alien, technology. He is, however, unable to build it himself.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

TamaRose

I like the younger ages because we can watch them grow more. Although, that is just my opinion. Also, I wouldn't go with just canon characters. After all I am sure there are people the X-Men, Brotherhood, and such have met that have shaped their lives.

Blue Nova

Okay I finally know who i want to play, i want to be Colossus
I can write up a bio soon too

Matttheman89

Hey everyone. If Wolverine isn't taken yet I'd like to put up an app for him. Also, I wouldn't mind if this was set a little more towards modern day, since it could give people who want to play certain characters an easier time.

VoluptuousVixen

Ok guys thanks for baring with me and been ok with the switcherroo.

Basically I feel we can include newer characters to the fold if they want to join us.

Jean Grey is dead and Charles Xavier is missing.

But other then that all is good in the hood.

So the team as it stands looks like Cyclops, Wolverine, Arch-Angel, Shadowcat, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Domino, Juggernaut, Toad and Slene? With a Possibility of Emma Frost or Scarlet Witch?

BTW Ive sent out to members for Nightcralwer, Storm, X-23, Mercury and Beast to join us so it may be a full house.

Scott Summers will be school headmaster.

Every character needs to readjust bios with Age and History, but my history for Kitty is long enough don't worry about scrawling through reams and reams of Wiki pages.

Oh and every character needs to teach a Subject.

Kitty Pryde = English Lit and Language. 

CurvyKitten

Damn if I had known x-23 was an option...lol oh well, I will decide between the two...or pick both I don't LOL but I will let you know what is up by tomorrow. Just started a new job so its slowed me down while I adjust. I am not a morning person in the least...mrrrrr....