Interest Check: Into the Unknown

Started by MagicalPen, January 21, 2008, 12:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Interest Check: Into the Unknown
Science Fiction, Freeform, Open Ended, Small Group

In an effort to save human-kind, the Earth Federation sent ships of colonists to the far reaches of the galaxy, even as the Earth Defense Forces put up a last stand. There were over 1000 ships in all, most sent to unknown coordinates to make tracking them harder. The Dargons, a Militaristic Alien Race, was expanding and the Human Federation was in its way. No peace could be brokered and one by one, Federation planets were conquered.

It was a desperate move, sending humans far and wide in the hopes that they would be able to find a safe haven, a place where all surviving humans could make their way to, to continue mankind. Analysts knew that many would die. Supplies could run out before a habitable planet was found, other Aliens might destroy them, disease, and even malfunctioning equipment. But it is their only hope.

The small fleets that set out, some smaller then others, comprised of a mixed variety of personnel. Space Marines, Government Officials, Doctors, Nurses, Scientists, Engineers, Lawyers, Athletes, and members of all walks of life. Children, Adults, everyone. But what fate lay for these people once they drop out of the Slipstream?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Question Mark

*is expressing interest*

To be more accurate, would this roleplay happen onboard one of the ships, the time before the ship launched, or after it's arrived at whatever planet it was sent to?

~?~

MagicalPen

Yes, it would follow one of the ships in part of a small fleet, from the Exodus onwards. I am not decided on whether Slipstream travel freezes the travellers in time (so they dont age while they travel to a place 50 years distant) or is near-instantaneous travel. It also depends on the other characters.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Question Mark

Well, if the ship froze in time while it was travelling, it'd be stuck there forever.  So, since your talking about realtivity aging here, I assume your referring to sub-light speed craft?

~?~