Slave World 2035

Started by PeacethatPowerbrings, May 27, 2012, 08:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

So drug selling, kidnappings, money laundering, and other illegal activities are all fine? I'll love to add a bit more darkness to the Slave World. ^.< Of course I am not talking of mass city shooting sprees or anything(unless that is okay and then I'll be all 'hell yea, time to go blow up a good portion of the city',) I suppose what I had in mind was some form of 'mob' activity.

And that is fine with me Dirigible, if Peace allows a crime syndicate.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 15, 2012, 08:05:02 AM
So drug selling, kidnappings, money laundering, and other illegal activities are all fine? I'll love to add a bit more darkness to the Slave World. ^.< Of course I am not talking of mass city shooting sprees or anything(unless that is okay and then I'll be all 'hell yea, time to go blow up a good portion of the city',) I suppose what I had in mind was some form of 'mob' activity.

And that is fine with me Dirigible, if Peace allows a crime syndicate.

Drug selling will be mostly off the table in terms of crime, in the same way that prohibition drove liquor smuggling and speak-easys drugs will have been legalized and regulated, and mostly produced by the mega-corporations. As I said, the major revenue stream at this point, which would drive the other side of the business, the kidnapping, extortion, money laundering, would probably be slave-smuggling from countries without slavery laws, and to avoid paying trade/import taxes.

For the same reason that shooting sprees are not commonly a feature of organized crime in most developed countries, they would probably be inadvisable here as well. Doing something like that would be inviting a foot to fall on you from a great height.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Snake

Hahha I was thinking of doing that too but was reminded that a woman doing it would be a bad thing.

Antisoul

I've found, for the purposes of creative writing that the show Sons of Anarchy is rather decent inspiration. If that helps at all.

RedEve

A question: would there not be some resistance to the new laws? I'm thinking some underground movement or rebellion of escaped slaves?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Antisoul

I can't speak for Peace, because who's buying right? Ahh.. sorry. Anyway, my own two cents would be that a rebellion being inherently violent has the potential to effect character death which I for one am opposed to. Again, this is just my opinion.

RedEve

I would just find it hard to believe that in a setting like this, there would be no resistance whatsoever.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: RedEve on June 17, 2012, 09:35:39 AM
A question: would there not be some resistance to the new laws? I'm thinking some underground movement or rebellion of escaped slaves?

Yes, the would be some resistance. Most significant would be those smuggling 'refugee' slaves to anti-slavery countries. Philosophical resistance would be a small portion of society, those who would object to the practice, but likely engage in it just the same, if only to provide a better standard of living for their slaves. Armed resistance would be a minor concern, but they'd mostly be limited to fringe groups, living outside the cities. Keeping in mind, of course, that the war cleared out a significant portion of adults, the population would be skewed to a lower average age, and most of those would have been educated with slavery in place, or at least the pre-slavery atmosphere leading up to it.

Quote from: Antisoul on June 17, 2012, 10:22:01 AM
I can't speak for Peace, because who's buying right? Ahh.. sorry. Anyway, my own two cents would be that a rebellion being inherently violent has the potential to effect character death which I for one am opposed to. Again, this is just my opinion.

Character death is up to the person whose character would die. Players have control over what they'd like to happen to their characters.

Rebel or resistance groups will not play a significant part in this game. As far as the average citizen is concerned, their fringe-element nut-jobs, suitable for a passing mention, perhaps, but not something that is dealt with in daily life.

RedEve

Would you be interested in a character that is part of a small armed group that frees slaves and tries to smuggle them out of the city?

Caela

Will uodate my girks profile to reflect her being owned by Antisould when I get home from work tonight. :)

Antisoul

Updated my own as well. Got the key points of a background down and working on patching it together into a narrative prose. Otherwise good to go once Peace gives the okay.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on June 15, 2012, 08:56:56 AM
Drug selling will be mostly off the table in terms of crime, in the same way that prohibition drove liquor smuggling and speak-easys drugs will have been legalized and regulated, and mostly produced by the mega-corporations. As I said, the major revenue stream at this point, which would drive the other side of the business, the kidnapping, extortion, money laundering, would probably be slave-smuggling from countries without slavery laws, and to avoid paying trade/import taxes.

For the same reason that shooting sprees are not commonly a feature of organized crime in most developed countries, they would probably be inadvisable here as well. Doing something like that would be inviting a foot to fall on you from a great height.

Would it be alright if I PM you my character sheet when I finish it?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Caela

Ana, is updated...and damn I spell a LOT better on my computer than my phone!!! LOL

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: RedEve on June 17, 2012, 10:53:45 AM
Would you be interested in a character that is part of a small armed group that frees slaves and tries to smuggle them out of the city?

No, I don't think a character like that would fit very well. As I said, armed resistance groups are very much fringe elements. Those that are armed and engaging in liberating slaves from cities would be unlikely to be one in the same. Doing both would necessitate being a domestic terrorist kind of organization, to avoid detection, and all of that very much goes well outside the focus of this game.

Now, I'm not saying that a character can't be part of such a group, but they couldn't expressly be such, at best, the groups that are successful would be non-violent and secretive, and would free very few actual slaves, focusing likely on those who wish to escape, and those whose owners wouldn't be likely to discover one of their members in the process.

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 17, 2012, 07:33:42 PM

Would it be alright if I PM you my character sheet when I finish it?

Yes, of course. ;D

Adrianna Paige

*covers her eyes and and looks away....almost cringing as signs her life away as a slave* Dear god what did I just do...   :)    Out of curiosity, could I play the part of a newly acquired slave?
"True intimacy is a human constant. People of all types find it equally hard to achieve, equally precious to hold. Age, education, social status, make little difference here; even genius does not presuppose the talent to reveal one's self completely and completely absorb one's self in another personality. Intimacy is to love what concentration is to work: a simultaneous drawing together to attention and release of energy."

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

Qt

Name: Matthew Loader
Ownership: Not sure yet (open)
Appearance:
Personality: While being an arrogant person he is easy enough to get along as he only shows it off in rare moments. He talks in a friendly manner and does not feel threatening to anyone. But upon knowing him a bit deeper one could see his sadism rise, he likes to cause chaos, even if he has not gain in the particular matter, he enjoys havoc being wrecked, people lives being ruined as such he has no problems in using his tool available to him to make life a living hell for those he hate.

He has extreme mood swings with him wanting one thing in a moment and then himself wanting something else entirely in another. He's the type of person who generally shouldn't be trusted with power, as he is unpredictable, even to himself.

Bio: Growing up in a middle class family he was drawn to computer codes at a young age, he could have easily grown up and be employed at a company with a stable and well paid job, as he could easily become the lead programmer in any particular company as he has a talent with it as well as spends hours on end just playing around with it for fun.

Matt however took on a much darker path, slowly meeting a bunch of hackers online he eventually began in league with them, the group he was in was small in the beginning however as the years went on their curiosity and ambition made them responsible for many security breaches in the country. As such Matt possess a mass of information that the government gathered as well as personal information many sites held where he stored safely stored in his database.

He is well connected to though never with higher ups, he may have information to blackmail them, but he prefer to work with people that can have an immediate impact.

Rumour has it that he had been caught once, yet nothing of that kind appears on his record. He likes to be connected to the internet at all times. A place where he could wield real life influence.

Adrianna Paige

I going to back out of this one guys. I hope you have alot of fun though!
"True intimacy is a human constant. People of all types find it equally hard to achieve, equally precious to hold. Age, education, social status, make little difference here; even genius does not presuppose the talent to reveal one's self completely and completely absorb one's self in another personality. Intimacy is to love what concentration is to work: a simultaneous drawing together to attention and release of energy."

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

PeacethatPowerbrings

Game OOC

The OOC is now open. Feel free to post, chat, whatever. ;D

Further game links will all be made available there in the first post, as they become available, and a notice will be posted when they go up. I'm beginning working on the character sheet thread right away. I'll be posting character sheets there, and all accepted characters will appear there. I'll also be dealing with any changes that are needed before characters are accepted.

New characters will still be accepted.

More information on the setting is also now available in the first post of this thread, and the OOC.

Acid Lips

Question, a free slave would be subject to what?. She can be used by every man? I would like a lil bit more info on free slaves if you could please and thank you

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Acid Lips on June 24, 2012, 09:28:39 PM
Question, a free slave would be subject to what?. She can be used by every man? I would like a lil bit more info on free slaves if you could please and thank you

Free slave is an oxymoron :P.

If you mean publicly owned slaves, then the answer is that they're sort of just held in trust by the government until they can be sold to a private owner or corporation, and they're not supposed to be used by anyone, though as you would imagine with a class of slaves abused by those who keep them in check is rife. Some of them, very few but a few nonetheless would be used as secretaries and assistants for politicians, high level bureaucrats, etc, and these men could use them how they like, but would have less ability to abuse them than a private owner, since they'd still be public property. Sort of like having a government issued car. They wouldn't live with the men they serve, and go home at the end of the day like any corporate slave.

If you mean taxed females, then they're essentially free, and have the protections of a normal citizen, but severely reduced rights.

Acid Lips

Name: Mikoto Mishida
Ownership: Open for ownership
Appearance:
Personality: She is a rather shy girl, her mind it's her greatest thing. She love reading a book or simply enjoying good music. She tends not to judge people especially slaves. She thinks that woman have to be free but understands the world she live in would not care what she thinks. Not caring much of what people think of her she always speak her mind being able to read people with just looking at her.
Bio:
She was born into a poor family that valued families tradition over everything else. Being raised in Japan she could already see a lot of people being 'owned' by fellow students during her earlier years in high school. She knew that most likely her fate would be like one of those girls being enslaved to the mind and body of a male. Her parents did not liked the fact that they had a girl, especially her father. She raised her with the high hopes of selling her to someone to earn money. However he never told her that of course, in her mind she was his baby girl and was loved. As fate would have it everything would change once she graduated from high school.

Her father decided to ship her off to America not caring about her friends back in Japan. He told her that she was going to get the papers to be a free woman and after that she could go study in the university. Hoping for the best she went with him, the ride was smooth and she had no problem getting into America. However when the day came to sign the papers a few man came and got her telling her that she has been signed as a slave and that she would be taken to a facility in order to be prepared and sold. The last thing she saw was the man giving money to her father as they forced her into a cage inside a van and took off.

Google

To say I am back would be accurate, wondering if things have started yet or not
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Google on June 25, 2012, 02:33:34 AM
To say I am back would be accurate, wondering if things have started yet or not

The IC threads aren't up yet, but the character sheet thread, and OOC thread are up. ;D

RedEve

I originally applied to play a female resistance member, but with that role not fitting into the game, would you consider me for the role of a male master?

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: RedEve on June 27, 2012, 07:36:32 AM
I originally applied to play a female resistance member, but with that role not fitting into the game, would you consider me for the role of a male master?

Yes, of course. ;D