A Killbot of Mars [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] (FULL)

Started by ThisOneGal, February 01, 2016, 07:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarFetched

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 03, 2016, 11:35:37 PM
Leaving the Republic allows you access to nanotech, which is strictly better than no-nanotech. On the other hand, the nanotech approach to medicine is equivalent to solving a Rubik's cube by pulling the stickers off and putting them back on.
Hm. I'm gonna say that Jane doesn't like Nanotech, but she's more willing to put survival above personal beliefs any day. I changed her Bio so it might be more viable.

Also, I've done up some BattleSuit Stunts. They're slightly more powerful than some of their equivalents, but they have to be taken together. This means that not only do they take up a ton of refresh, but having any part of the gear become inoperable makes the rest of the suit worthless.

Jovian BattleSuit: Frame
You possess a Battlesuit with a military-grade, airtight frame that enhances the physical strength of the wearer. You gain +2 to any actions that involve using large amounts of physical strength. In addition, this exoskeleton is fitted with life support features and a maker capable of producing air for up to 48 hours, and food and water indefinitely. You must have all Battlesuit Stunts active to recieve the benefits of this stunt.

Jovian BattleSuit: Armor
You possess a Battlesuit with military-grade fullerene armor shell, flexible aerogel for thermal insulation, and a diamond-hardened exterior designed to resist even potent ballistic and energy-based weapons. Increase your durability by 1 (2?). You must have all Battlesuit Stunts active to recieve the benefits of this stunt.

Jovian BattleSuit: Helmet
You possess a Battlesuit with a helmet equipped with an ecto, a radio booster, and advanced sensors that feed targeting information to the wearer. Gain a +2 shoot rolls and any similar actions involving the acquisition of distant targets. You must have all Battlesuit Stunts active to recieve the benefits of this stunt.

Thoughts?

ThisOneGal

Quote from: FarFetched on February 04, 2016, 12:37:18 AM
Hm. I'm gonna say that Jane doesn't like Nanotech, but she's more willing to put survival above personal beliefs any day. I changed her Bio so it might be more viable.

New writeup looks good. As a note, while most Jovian citizen/civilians are Catholic, not all of them are. A majority of the name NPC higher ups are atheists.

On the citizen/civilian note, Jane is most likely a civilian, not a citizen of the Republic, as she has not served with the Space Force of Civil Defense Corps.

QuoteAlso, I've done up some BattleSuit Stunts. They're slightly more powerful than some of their equivalents, but they have to be taken together. This means that not only do they take up a ton of refresh, but having any part of the gear become inoperable makes the rest of the suit worthless.

Jovian BattleSuit: Frame
You possess a Battlesuit with a military-grade, airtight frame that enhances the physical strength of the wearer. You gain +2 to any actions that involve using large amounts of physical strength. In addition, this exoskeleton is fitted with life support features and a maker capable of producing air for up to 48 hours, and food and water indefinitely. You must have all Battlesuit Stunts active to recieve the benefits of this stunt.

Jovian BattleSuit: Armor
You possess a Battlesuit with military-grade fullerene armor shell, flexible aerogel for thermal insulation, and a diamond-hardened exterior designed to resist even potent ballistic and energy-based weapons. Increase your durability by 1 (2?). You must have all Battlesuit Stunts active to recieve the benefits of this stunt.

Jovian BattleSuit: Helmet
You possess a Battlesuit with a helmet equipped with an ecto, a radio booster, and advanced sensors that feed targeting information to the wearer. Gain a +2 shoot rolls and any similar actions involving the acquisition of distant targets. You must have all Battlesuit Stunts active to recieve the benefits of this stunt.

Eh, honestly I think it'll be easier to represent it as a Synthmorpth you wear than a collection of stunts.

Jovian Battlesuit
Traits: Essential Synthmorph Traits, Stigma (Obvious Military Hardware), Enhanced Senses (Vision), ? ? ?
Stunts: Armor, Strength, Enhanced Senses (T-Ray/Radar/Lidar), ? ? ?
Durability: Great (+4)
Stress Boxes: 4-stress
Refresh: 2
Cred/Civ Rep Cost: Superb (+5)

That'll take up 3 stunts and can be expanded with more stunts, and give you access to 1, 2, 3, and 4 stress boxes (which is really good). It also allows tracking of damage to you and to your armor separately.
Feel free to tweak around with the stunts and traits to get what you want.

This stuff:

QuoteIn addition, this exoskeleton is fitted with life support features and a maker capable of producing air for up to 48 hours, and food and water indefinitely.
equipped with an ecto, a radio booster, and advanced sensors that feed targeting information to the wearer.

Is all basically trait/not even a trait level stuff. So while you may want to mention it, it's all stuff I would be fine with you 'adding' on the fly. It's about as unusual/unexpected as declaring that your modern day setting character has a pen or a credit card without it being on your character sheet. Unless a truly bizarre situation crops up, I'm not gonna question it. Still, useful to have it written down so we're all on the same page.

FarFetched

QuoteOn the citizen/civilian note, Jane is most likely a civilian, not a citizen of the Republic, as she has not served with the Space Force of Civil Defense Corps.
Ah, thank you. I got the two mixed up.

QuoteJovian Battlesuit
Traits: Essential Synthmorph Traits, Stigma (Obvious Military Hardware), Enhanced Senses (Vision), ? ? ?
Stunts: Armor, Strength, Enhanced Senses (T-Ray/Radar/Lidar), ? ? ?
Oh well hello! You know what? I'll take it with just a change or two.

Maybe...

Jovian Battlesuit
Traits: Essential Bot Traits, Stigma (Obvious Military Hardware), Modular Construction, Internal Compartment, Mobility(Grip-pads)
Stunts: Armor, Strength, Enhanced Senses (Radar)

Pretty much the same, only that it uses Bot traits instead Synthmorph traits (Only difference is that it doesn't have a cortical stack or cyberbrain), an internal compartment(For holding a Jane), and Grip-pads instead of another Enhanced Senses trait. Look good?

ThisOneGal

Yup, looks fine. You'll need Aspects for it. Sure you don't want the Armor stunt?

FarFetched

Eheh, took it off by accident. I definitely do, and I'm probably going to see about adding it onto Jane early, for the sake of avoiding that scary civ/rep cost.

EDIT: Decided on "Jovian Battlesuit; A Paranoid Woman's Shell" for aspects. Thanks for walking me through all this, btw ^_^;

ThisOneGal

No worries. ^^

QuoteStunts
Ego: Sousveillance
Extra Morph: Jovian Battlesuit
Gear: Sniper Rifle
Refresh

Mark off all 6 stunts. Like so:

Stunts
Morph: Jovian Battlesuit [Morph Stunt]
Refresh

"A Paranoid Woman's Shell" is an awesome aspect. ^_^

EDIT: Should also add a Battlesuit Stress Track.

wander

Wow, it got busy again last night! xD

A note on download times between settlements... (And how it's usually the best form of interplanetary travel).

It's said with a quantum computer it's basically light speed. 1 AU (the distance between Sol and Earth and the standard measurement for system distances) equals around 8.3 light minutes, that it would take a download via quantum between Sol and Earth 8.3 minutes to the morph waiting for you there.

It's mentioned in Sunward (I believe) that a normal computer is (going off memory now, feel free to correct me) 10 times slower. So it would take around 83 minutes (call it an hour and a half) to get downloaded one Astronomical Unit.

The asteroid belt is around 2 AU from Sol and goes back as far as 4 AU. Mars is usually 1.5 AU from Sol (given elliptical orbits and rounding), basically the closest end of the belt to the inner system is the same distance from Mars as Earth is. As stated above Luna to Mars would take a download speed of just over 40 minutes given the above statements on a non-quantum computer.

Spacecraft are super slow, then we are talking months between locales... I did have a formula to guess travel times before, though I don't think I own that note paper now. ^^;

FarFetched

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 04, 2016, 02:55:55 AM
No worries. ^^

Mark off all 6 stunts. Like so:

Stunts
Refresh

"A Paranoid Woman's Shell" is an awesome aspect. ^_^

EDIT: Should also add a Battlesuit Stress Track.
awh, thank you!

I added a basic placeholder for the stress track, but I'm going to hash it out fully tonight.

AndyZ

Thanks for the song, Fatfetched ^_^ Never personally played but I watched JackSepticEye's playthrough.

As far as weapons, one thing I remember from Dresden FATE is that one-handed weapons tended to be +2 and two-handed weapons tended to be +3, with swords and pistols at +2 and shotguns and giant axes more +3.  +1 would be knives and +4 bazookas.  So if I were to give a suggestion, that'd be a good basis.

Re Z L, after rechecking your stuff, they probably wouldn't take the Morph of an Uplifted Octopus just because it's expensive.  (I'm guessing.)  So how would you feel about starting out being contracted out to medical groups and a time or two being brought in for a hentai XP?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Hexed

Edited Forklift some with parts still being a work in progress. Pretty sure I completely flubbed the aspect invoke and compel section!

Dropped the drone for multitasking partially because IC wise it wouldn't quite make sense for such an expensive toy to be in Forklift's hands. We'll ignore just how expensive that mechanic specialized pleasure pod they are using would cost. <.<  >.>

@CarnivalOfTheGoat
Indiana Jones the less competent movie star? That sounds hilarious. I'd imagine he pays quite a bit for scar removal since he does his own stunts in some blatantly unsafe places. Does he try to get Firewall to let him record some of the missions in out of the way places?

Speaking of, how's the group supposed to get together anyways? A single "safe-house" they all hang out at, lives elsewhere that get disturbed by Firewall missions?
And... is there a limit to the number of fabber blueprints one can claim to have access to?  >:)

FarFetched

Alright, I edited Jane's sheet to provide a detailed description of her appearance, along with the appearance and features of her trusty Battlesuit. Suprisingly, most of its features is based on the Eclipse description of Battlesuits in general. Even the weird poop thing.

QuoteSpeaking of, how's the group supposed to get together anyways? A single "safe-house" they all hang out at, lives elsewhere that get disturbed by Firewall missions?
I suppose that one is up to OneGal, who'll probably go into that at the story's start.

Hexed

Welp Drop is going to be glomped, poked and prodded, and completely cussed out for letting such a lovely machine get worn down like that. Now lets hope she doesn't shoot Forklift when the crazy mechanic starts trying to "improve" the battlesuit.

FarFetched

there is no hope.

*ahem*, Yeah It's pretty worn out, but the inner tech is perfectly maintained. To Jane, she's just repairing everything that's "necessary" to her. She's the sort of girl who oils the hinges, but leaves the rest of the door to rust, if you get my meaning.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: AndyZ on February 04, 2016, 08:38:11 PM
As far as weapons, one thing I remember from Dresden FATE is that one-handed weapons tended to be +2 and two-handed weapons tended to be +3, with swords and pistols at +2 and shotguns and giant axes more +3.  +1 would be knives and +4 bazookas.  So if I were to give a suggestion, that'd be a good basis.

EP Fate doesn't use the weapons/armor system.

Quote from: Hexed on February 04, 2016, 09:21:17 PM
Speaking of, how's the group supposed to get together anyways? A single "safe-house" they all hang out at, lives elsewhere that get disturbed by Firewall missions?
And... is there a limit to the number of fabber blueprints one can claim to have access to?  >:)

Sentinel teams are assembled on as as-needed basis. So the "lives elsewhere that get disturbed by Firewall missions" option.

Depends on your fabber and your skills.
Investigate is used to grab open source ones (where the hard part is finding what you want when you need it).
Credit is used to buy blueprints.
Civ Rep is used to know people who will have hacked blueprints.
In general though, the issue is less 'can I get access to this' and more 'can I get access to this right now'.

Open source fabbers are illegal. DRM'd fabbers keep a record of what they've printed.
Most fabbers are high-energy use devices, so people will know when you're using one.
Low energy, open source fabbers are super useful, and crazy illegal. (See pg 119 of Sunward).

Farfetched, your Stress/Consequences should look like this:

Ego Stress   1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Morph Stress   1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Battlesuit Stress   1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ]
Muse Stress   N/A
Mild Consequence (2)   ---
Moderate Consequence (4)     ---
Major Consequence (6)   ---

Consequences are shared across morphs 'cause of the weird way they work; they stay with you even if you lose the morph by transforming into Ego consequences.
If you manage to get +5 Somatics/Durability, the bonus -2 Consequence won't transfer between morphs. It's really hard to get that bonus, so a little extra benefit isn't a problem. (Especially since there's no way to get the +5 with RAW).

Alright, I'll be going over everyone's characters sometime this weekend. Sometime next week I should have Character/OOC/IC threads up.

Recruitment will likely stay open for any stragglers. Given the nature of Firewall cells, drop-in/drop-out play should be fine. If you disappear, we can kill you off. If you come back, resurrection is easy within canon.

Expected post rate will be at least once per week. Preferably more, but people have lives.
There will be no post length requirements. I've always been of the 'brevity is wit' school, and RPs are collaborative activities; sometimes, there just isn't that much you can say before you need to hand the ball to someone else.

Also, need votes for Valles-New Shanghai or Noctis-Qianjiao.
So far it looks like 1 vote from Wander for Valles-New Shanghai.

FarFetched

Thank you One! You're awesome.

My vote is also for Valles-Shanghai

AndyZ

Reading through the basics, something about Noctis seems really pretty, but I don't know the system well enough and am glad to go with majority.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on February 04, 2016, 08:38:11 PM
Re Z L, after rechecking your stuff, they probably wouldn't take the Morph of an Uplifted Octopus just because it's expensive.  (I'm guessing.)  So how would you feel about starting out being contracted out to medical groups and a time or two being brought in for a hentai XP?

I think I've got a pretty decent independant method of being "free" brewing up right now so getting out of indentured servitude isn't an issue.  That said work is work, and they could have crossed paths on something like you mention  :)

Quote from: Hexed on February 04, 2016, 09:21:17 PM

I'm imagining they get together somewhere and get a call a-la Charlie's Angels.  ;D

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 04, 2016, 10:08:35 PM
Also, need votes for Valles-New Shanghai or Noctis-Qianjiao.
So far it looks like 1 vote from Wander for Valles-New Shanghai.

I also vote for Valles-New Shanghai--I was planning for Anima to have a small shop in Little Shanghai.
A&A

ThisOneGal

Alright votes are:

NameVoteStrength of Preference
FarFetched  Valles-New ShanghaiUnspecified
Kunoichi? ? ?- - -
Hexed? ? ?- - -
wanderNoctis-Qianjiao  65%
AndyZNoctis-Qianjiao  Weak
Re Z LValles-New Shanghai  Strong

wander said Valles-New Shanghai, but his wanting to visit maid cafes suggests he meant Noctis-Qianjiao, since that's where Renrakubrug is.

Threads are here, will eventually have stuff in them.

Meta:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243890.new;topicseen#new
This will be for character sheets and the like. I've added your existing stuff for now, but I'll change it when we're all finalized.
Any templates will also go here. (Post headers and the like).
Do not post here.
Jane has been modified somewhat (mostly formatting). If I get enthusiastic, I'll go through everyone's characters and format them consistently.

OOC:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243891.new;topicseen#new
The out-of-character thread. Don't use this yet; I'm gonna keep using this thread until I have an IC post up.

IC:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243892.new;topicseen#new
The in-character thread. There's nothing to see here yet.

I'm still waiting on CarnivalOfTheGoat's character sheet. When she has one, it'll be added. (Same goes for anyone else who joins up late).

FarFetched

Come to think of it, how fast can Octomorphs move? Will Anima have to ride around on Drop's suit to go fast?

*Totally fine with a sentient shoulder octopus.*

Re Z L

Quote from: FarFetched on February 04, 2016, 11:06:57 PM
Come to think of it, how fast can Octomorphs move? Will Anima have to ride around on Drop's suit to go fast?

Well as long as you're offering...  ;D

Actually they "walk" just fine, lower gravity places suit them better, but they're modified to have a little more body structure and strength to move about in non-aquatic environments.

And on that note, the Background is complete  :)
A&A

ThisOneGal

Quote from: FarFetched on February 04, 2016, 11:06:57 PM
Come to think of it, how fast can Octomorphs move?

On Mars you'll be more or less equal to a human in equivalent condition.

Quote from: Re Z L on February 04, 2016, 11:09:39 PM

Awesome. I'll try and look over it tonight.

Re Z L

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 04, 2016, 11:12:17 PM
Awesome. I'll try and look over it tonight.

Sounds good  :)

In the meantime I'm going back to bed  ;D
A&A

ThisOneGal

FarFetched

Quote from: Re Z L on February 04, 2016, 11:09:39 PM
Oh hey, it seems like Jane will be better at interacting with Anima, at least. Genetically modified tentacle monsters in their original body > cyberghost people. naturally.

Also, nighty!

wander

Quotewander said Valles-New Shanghai, but his wanting to visit maid cafes suggests he meant Noctis-Qianjiao, since that's where Renrakubrug is.

I only mentioned Valles-New Shanghai early on as a place that's interesting and would like to visit, my actual vote was for Renrakubrug, so Noctis-Qianjiao for me. :) As for level of preference, I'd 65% leaning onto N-Q. Both locales are pretty good in their own ways tbh.