The New World Order (in need of Oligarchs and angels)

Started by Chantarelle, November 16, 2018, 03:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chantarelle

Amario go ahead and post her in AC. 🙃 Great character!
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Amarlo

Thank you. I will. ^^ And am totally looking for people to plot further with! I even have a little plot point at the bottom of the character that I'm looking for specifically.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil1989

The mods are going to come by and remove that link since it might allow potentially underaged or unapproved members to a site away from E.  I already had that happen to me with my own Discord I put up for my D&D 5e game.  However, if you post that link in your OOC, where only approved E members can get at it, you're good to go.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Chantarelle

PlushLifeNow

Player Name: PlushLifeNow
Character Name:Humayra Sultan
Allegiance: Rebellion
Race type/Class: Speck Hemomancer
Abilities:
Hemomancy:
   Blood Manipulation - As the very medium of her magic, Humayra can manipulate blood for various purposes, such as forcing it into the shape of weapons and tools, launching small amounts as high speed projectiles,
   and creating a swirling vortex around her to shred anyone who gets close.
   Blood Siphoning - While Humayra cannot directly control the blood of another living being, she can claim blood from corpses for her own uses.
   Blood Malediction - The true power of Blood Magic, Humayra can use her blood to cast powerful hexes, curses, and spells. Her signature Maledict hides her from supernatural means of detection, allowing her to more
   easily sneak through demon controlled territory.
   Blood Rage - A special Maledict created by Humayra's family during the death throes of the Old World for the purposes of battling against superhuman individuals. The spell drastically enhances the caster's physical
   abilities, at the cost of any possible restraint. The spell also consumes a considerable of blood to maintain; without excess stores, and her normal blood supply, Humayra can "safely" stay in Blood Rage for 1 minute,
   and can maintain it for 5 minutes before blacking out and going into a critical state. When active, her veins and arteries glow a deep red, and can be seen through her skin.

History: Humayra was born of the Sultan family, a long, historied line of Blood Mages, who had come together in the early decades of human civilization. The family was one of many keepers of the ancient art of
Hemomancy, guarding it from those who would abuse it for self gain, but keeping it alive for times that humanity would need such power. It proved little help, though. Blindsided by nuclear fire, and severely weakened
when the Army of the Damned rose to take the world, the Blood Mages could do little to help what was left of the world. Many fell to infernal blades as they fought the conquest of humanity, but a few managed to
survive, fleeing the combat and blending in with the last dregs of humanity.

Humayra is the descendant of those few, one of the only people left on earth to keep the arts of Blood Magic. With rumors of Angel sightings and talk of humans with special abilities, Humayra has thrown her lot in
with those she can find. Her allegiance is to the rebellion, however, and not to the Angels and their God. Skeptical that they wish only to take the Demon's place, she only allies with them out of necessity. She does not
plan on trading one regime for another, and works to realize her dream of granting the world True Freedom.

Chantarelle

Plushlifenow - Hemomancy! Nice! but I assume messy? She’s in, go ahead and post her in AC, say hi in the OOC or join Discord. Welcome aboard!

Rebelle

Hi there

I am still making a character, however instead of half Angel....

I am going deep into things....

My character is going to be the daughter of Enoch (grandfather of Moses - NOT Caine's child)

I'm working on her slowly now that work has let up some.  But I'm getting some stuff together.

Amarlo

I was wondering where you went, Rebelle! Glad to see you're still coming along for the fun. ^^

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Rebelle

Quote from: Amarlo on November 21, 2018, 02:47:07 AM
I was wondering where you went, Rebelle! Glad to see you're still coming along for the fun. ^^

Work has been awful and have had no inspiration to do anything when I get home except curl up and get lost in the great wide world of Great British Bakeoff.  I've lost three residents in the past week, two in one day and that just.. kicked my ass.

Amarlo

Quote from: Rebelle on November 21, 2018, 02:48:27 AM
Work has been awful and have had no inspiration to do anything when I get home except curl up and get lost in the great wide world of Great British Bakeoff.  I've lost three residents in the past week, two in one day and that just.. kicked my ass.

That's awful. :( I'm sorry, that has to be really rough. I totally understand why you'd feel that way. But I am glad to see you're still trucking along.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Chantarelle

Yay Rebelle. Glad your still joining. I’m sorry about your residents that’s got to be tough.

GaGa88

You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

LocusVonErich

Sorry for the delay, still trying to work a character out.

Sye

Quote from: Rebelle on November 21, 2018, 02:48:27 AM

Shoot Rebelle, I'm so sorry to hear that. I have friends in the field and they say it's a killer.

Rebelle

Player Name: Rebelle
Character Name:
Known As: Kessie Ray
True Name: Havilah Jael of Enoch
Formerly Known As:
Molly Brown
William Shakespeare
And many many others

Apparent Age: 25
Allegiance:Humanity
Race type/Class:Immortal /Witness to Humanity
Abilities:

Muse - Ability to incite the creativity in the being of another and use it to make their best decision and do act with their best ability for a short push.   

Near Immortality - She is meant to be the witness and will not die until the event has happened.  Disease cannot touch her, weapons do nothing more than leave wounds.  This does not mean she is immune to pain, however.

Experience - So many lives and so much time on earth has left with witha  wide array of knowledge and near expert levels of understanding in countless areas.

Written Word Syncronicity -  If she can read it she can understand it and from there if physically able, do it. 

Inability to be Possessed

Natural Linguist [Incluiding Enochian and several demon dialects] - due to her father and her own longevity, Kessie has learned many languages.

Shining Aura - Not so much an ability, not so much a merit or a flaw, there just seems to be something about Kessie that burns a little bit brighter.  It isn't natural, but in the new world, not much seems to be natural any longer.

Photographic Memory - There isn't much that has been forgotten by Kessie throughout her numerous years, and she is able to build upon these memories and recall perfectly things she has witnessed.
Inspiring - While she is also a muse, she can also inspire those around her.  Those downtrodden who feel liek they cannot go on.  Specks who were the bullied stand up to their bullies, empowering those around her.  However, Kessie has learned that this is not always a wise thing to do.

Also knows how to use a large variety of weapons, though she isn’t known to go seeking combat.

History:

Kessie Ray has been known by many names throughout history, some rather famous names of course - and others not quite so much.  She was born unto Enoch as Havilah, after the birth of Methusalah and his other progeny.  Havilah was the last child to be born one hundred years before Enoch was taken into heaven by God himself, being the only man to enter without death.  She was born to bear witness to the world, to bear witness to humanity and how it would grow and change.  She was raised and guided by her father, Enoch - to set upon her a purpose that of which would not come to light until the Apocalypse happened.  In it, the truth of her nature was finally revealed to her  - she was the living memory of humanity, and perhaps one of it's salvations, if one were to believe the stories that have been told, hidden in words written by The Metatron, or.. As she had always known him..

Father.

Guided and taught by her father, even after his ascension unto Heaven, Kessie as she is now known, took great joy in the written and spoken word.  This includes great plays of drama and comedy during the rise of Rome as well as it's fall, the ushering of the greatest wordsmiths Chaucer and William Shakespeare, having paid men to portray the playwrights for her, and beyond.  She was there the night the great ship the Titanic sank, witnessing the tragedy, as well as the bravery of those who would go back to seek out survivors.   She tended to wounds during the great wars.. World War I, World War II, Korea... Vietnam.  Her personas allowed her to fluidly blend in with the times, to maintain her sanity, as well as continue to witness Earth and all of it's glory as well as depravity.  Within her she carried the knowledge of things that had happened, the possibilities of many futures, and knowledge tucked so far deep within her psyche, she was not even aware of it herself.

The greatest act of human depravity though was the day the bombs came.  LIfe as all had known it, completely changed on this day - forever.  The Apocalypse, Armageddon, the end times.  Call it what one will - it was not good.  Lucifer defeated God, she could feel the anels as they fell from Heaven, their death screams near maddening.  However, Kessie surviving, the unsinkable Kessie Ray.  Steadfast, she found herself amongst those who were called "specks", of course - she could have moved in with the Ogliarchs easily enough, however... that is not who she was, who she is.  The daughter of Enoch bears testament to humanity, not the pawns of demons and those who would rather sell out their fellow man instead of to toil in the dirt just as God had bade them do at the beginning of Creation.

There are those who believe that she knows how to unlock the multitude of treasures her father.. Enoch.. the Metatron, the Chief of the Archangels, Herald of God.. Laid within her the knowledge of how to unlock the vault that contains the celestial treasures that still presumably reside in Heaven, or are hidden amongst the Earth.  There are those who believe that without her death, without her TRUE death, there is yet another great turn of events that have yet to happen, for humanity is not done, is not yet finished.  So Kessie Ray does not hide per se - but there are so very rare few who know who she truly is, what she truly could be.  She is simply a Speck, an inspiring Speck who has been known to tend wounds, to tell glorious stories, who seems to never get sick no matter what, and who doesn't.. really ever seem to change all that much.  There are rumors, of course, that she is simply just one of those gifted who uses those gifts.. to help those out.

GaGa88

Player Name:gaga88
Character Name: Bella Laveau
Allegiance: whomever works in her favor for the time being ,absolutely loyal to her employer
Race type/Class: half witch, half demon
Abilities:

Molecular Combustion - The ability to speed up molecules to the point where they combust. This sometimes results in quite the mess of blood, other times it is just a pile of ash.

Molecular Immobilization - The ability to slow down the movement of molecules, leaving the being immobilized/frozen.

Pressurization - The ability to induce high pressure on someone's skull.

Regeneration - The ability to heal rapidly from any injury. (Due in part to her demon side and partly from a biannual human sacrifice to one of the darker Loa.)

Sleep induction - The ability to put someone to sleep with a wave of her hand.

Telekinesis

Weaknesses:

While healing herself, Bella expands a vast amount of energy and is totally vulnerable, weak in her powers until she recharges through sleep.

Her ability of molecular immobilization doesn't work on every being. It depends on how strong whomever she is using it on is. She cannot freeze other witches, no matter their intent.

History:

Bella Laveau was born on a dark and stormy night back in 4011 into a family of mambos and houngans (voodoo priestess and priests, respectively), she has no idea who her father is...all she has been told is that he's a demon. That fact never bothered her, the young woman was raised in the shadows among the darker side of things. In the days after Armageddon, most children weren't allowed to take their time growing up so the Creole beauty had to grow up fast.

She was strong in her magic from a young age (having the most powerful Voodoo Queen known as an ancestor helped with that), so she wasn't given as much protection as the other kids in her tribe, it was more or less known that she could take care of herself. Even with that, almost every day of her life up until she was a teenager was spent training and honing her magical abilities. Her grandmother was the only one who would let Bella be a normal child. The old woman passed away when Bella was 14 and that's when the young woman met Ziva.

The demoness soon became Bella's best friend, the age difference didn't seem to matter, and surrogate older sister as Ziva took the voodoo child under her wing. They grew apart when Bella was 16-17, what the young woman didn't know was that Ziva was keeping tabs on her...just to make sure she was safe. That year was filled with other training, as well as perfecting the rituals to call upon various Loa, she learned various types of self defense and became exceptionally lethal with a katana. Most of her weapons were made within her tightknit community as they weren't readily available.

Once she turned 18, however, she left the shantytown she'd been raised in to travel to the Cities. That's where she had sought out Ziva and asked for a job. Anything was better than living in a shack with ten people. Plus, the demon could help her in ways that her family couldn't anymore.

You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Vostroya

If your still looking, I would be interested in playing a Oligarch. My first thoughts for the character would that he was a son of an influential family tied closely to the old world governments. He was still a child when the apocalypse came. As such, he doesn't have any real concept of what the world was like before, at least none that he can really remember well. In the present, he has become a sort of steward of the various Oligarchs. Since most of them are more concerned with exploring their immortality and vices, the character has become a sort of representative for the upper classes. Doing the work that most of them consider to boring or tedious.

Chantarelle

Wonderful, welcome Vostroya. You will be our first oligarch. Your character sounds fine go ahead and and submit a cs here for approval. ☺️

Vostroya

I'll be working on finishing up my character sheet this weekend. Work was responding to one fire after the other.  ;D

Chantarelle

Gannameade

Going to work on a Reboot for all of those interested. 

Bowen

Gannameade

Still looking for who all is willing to join!!! >:) >:)

levant

Angels are cool, so why not. Please tell me if anything is super out of place

Player Name: Levant, in case you couldn't tell
Character Name: Forgotten, answers to most basic descriptors such as "Angel" or "Wanderer"
Allegiance: Heaven
Race type/Class: Angel
Abilities:
Radiant Aura
Passively heals humans and angels, but burns demons. The closer you are, the stronger the effect is, but at no point are the effects any more than moderate. Those of mixed blood may experience unusual effects as the ancient magics try to decide how to interpret them. Applies to self as well. Other angels that fall while under its area of effect have a small portion of their energy added to it, permanently making it slightly stronger.
Resurrection
If slain, the corpse and all items on it dissolve into light before reforming three days later at the same location in perfect health (or close enough)
Eternal Crusade
No sleep or sustenance is needed, no energy is consumed.
Angelsilver Arms
A silver long sword forged in heaven. Wounds it inflicts on those with demonic blood don't heal. The armor is marginally tougher than most materials mortals have access to and slowly repairs itself, but most notable is the high resistance to magical effects that it bestows upon itself and its wearer.
Foul Malevolence
Sensitive to a very unique scent that pure demons have. This scent rubs off on those they associate with and lingers for a couple days at places they visit.
Weaknesses:

• As far as the abilities are concerned, there's no such thing as fallen angels. Lucifer and the twelve he personally dragged down are the exception
  • All the combat experience in the universe doesn't account for social situations
  • Somewhat aimless in general
  • How many of these characters actually have weaknesses? Most sheets I'm seeing skip over this
History:
This is a warrior of god. That is what they have always been. It is what they will always be. After killing and dying and resurrecting only to fight, kill, and die again, most all other details have been discarded as irrelevant. What use does a name have in combat? How long the battle has been going on doesn't matter, only that it continues in hopes of one day ending in a victory. Even the form beneath the armor has been lost to time, as there has never been a reason to take the armor off. There have been moments when the battle appeared to be over, but until the day that God himself calls them back, they will continue to wander and search to fight and kill again.  This so-called apocalypse changes nothing. If anything, it makes their job just that much more important.