Cookie problem -growl-

Started by rikitheblack, April 26, 2010, 04:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikitheblack

Elilliquy used to work fine for me until today. Everytime I try to use the SB box I keep getting the same message everytime I go to a new page.

(16:16:22) Elliquiy: Cookies are required for this chat.

Also the site keeps randomly logging me out when I change webpage and when I try to log in it gives me the cookie stuff again.

I tried clearing the cookies and it's not having any of it and I'm having to change my internet explorer settings to accept all just to get in. This hasn't happened before today so it's strange.

Any help would be nice.
I apologise for my lack of anything at present. I've beend ealing with a lot and once I'm over this flu I'll be finally ready to actually do something :)

jouzinka

Try to use the cookie clearing script from Veks (clears only E cookies). ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Vekseid

What browser are you using?

You may also need to restart your browser afterwards.

rikitheblack

I'm using internet explorer 8 and it appears to be working fingers crossed but it'll probably go down tomorrow.
I apologise for my lack of anything at present. I've beend ealing with a lot and once I'm over this flu I'll be finally ready to actually do something :)

Nessy

Quote from: rikitheblack on April 26, 2010, 08:42:24 AM
I'm using internet explorer 8 and it appears to be working fingers crossed but it'll probably go down tomorrow.

Did you accidently have "Delete browsing history on exit" checked? I had a similar issue awhile ago when I trying to clean out cookies from another site by accidently checking that box when i manually deleted everything.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.