Noticing Some Unapproved People in Parts of the Site That Aren't Public

Started by LostInTheMist, March 13, 2015, 01:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTheMist

Most specifically, right at the moment "Transformation" who posted just half an hour ago for his approval was perusing the One-on-One Roleplay Requests board. I noticed because his icon is black, as opposed to colors and when I clicked on him, it revealed he had posted only once, his introduction.

I'm not trying to get him in trouble or anything. I'm just saying that if new members can see the whole site now for some reason, that might be a problem.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated March 24, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Unusually long bout of insomnia is slowing my posting rate.

Nico

Unapproved members can read those boards at any time, but they cannot post in them.

AmberStarfire

Out of curiousity, can those same boards be accessed from links on Google search results where the person in question hasn't applied to be a member?

Rogue

From my experience, there's a "you are not approved" message when links are given to approved only areas. I'm not sure it you can Google anything from the approved area.... will check and get back to you. 

Edit: just Googled my user name and a story and the only things that popped up were unrestricted areas. :)

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on March 16, 2015, 06:52:40 AM
Everything in the private area is Google proof.
E: "I told you my Google-fu was better, didn't I?" *Bruce Lee hand gesture*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

wander

The entire left-most column can be seen by google and unapproved members, though signatures can only be seen by approved members, so if there is a link to another part of the board in it, only approved members can see and click on them.

Rhedyn

Quote from: wander on March 16, 2015, 08:19:53 AM
The entire left-most column can be seen by google and unapproved members, though signatures can only be seen by approved members, so if there is a link to another part of the board in it, only approved members can see and click on them.

Except for the Non-Forum Roleplay Requests board, which I believe can only be seen by approved members as well.

Oreo

Quote from: Inkidu on March 16, 2015, 08:16:03 AM
E: "I told you my Google-fu was better, didn't I?" *Bruce Lee hand gesture*

Indeed, their bots shall not pass. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

AmberStarfire

Nico

Quote from: Rhedyn on March 16, 2015, 09:12:44 AM
Except for the Non-Forum Roleplay Requests board, which I believe can only be seen by approved members as well.
Yes, those are only visible to approved members. ~nodnod~ Because people often post their offsite contact information (aka IM) there.

Mintprincess

The entire left can been seen by guests too. :). Just log out and you are looking at the 'unapproved member' board.

<3