Nalerius Rising: The City of Nightmares [LBGTQA Friendly, Supernatural Modern]

Started by Black Howling, May 31, 2015, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Sorry for stating my interest before and then going silent! Got caught up with various things!

I was thinking about rehashing one of my characters from a previous group game (mostly just because of a series of pictures) but I was wondering if the idea for her would really fit? I wanted to play an almost human like character whose power is to basically create channels to summon demonic and dark spirits. Basically appears like a normal human but can summon dark things. Mostly ghostly type stuff... but maybe more.

Dunno! Is that supernatural/scary enough?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on July 06, 2015, 12:37:10 AM
Sorry for stating my interest before and then going silent! Got caught up with various things!

I was thinking about rehashing one of my characters from a previous group game (mostly just because of a series of pictures) but I was wondering if the idea for her would really fit? I wanted to play an almost human like character whose power is to basically create channels to summon demonic and dark spirits. Basically appears like a normal human but can summon dark things. Mostly ghostly type stuff... but maybe more.

I'mma defer to Howling and Luna on this, since they're way more knowledgable about abilities and what will and won't work.  Sounds like a really cool concept though.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lynnie

I know I wanted to play a more human like character but was told no humans. So I opted for a demon who has a human appearance.

Black Howling

This is one of those things where the 'what you plan on doing with it' matters a whole lot. In the baseline idea, the character fits just fine within Nalerius. In fact we have a mostly human type with some 'magical' talent already. That said, they make poor choices for anything of high caste, or authoritative position.

For example, a researcher of (At the highest)  beta level prized for their ingenuity and knowledge might well be appropriate. But let's say a Hound or bodyguard known for shooting first and asking questions later wouldn't. Human bodies would simply be too fragile for that.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 06, 2015, 02:06:56 PM
I'mma defer to Howling and Luna on this, since they're way more knowledgable about abilities and what will and won't work.  Sounds like a really cool concept though.

Aww thanks!

Quote from: Lynnie on July 06, 2015, 02:28:37 PM
I know I wanted to play a more human like character but was told no humans. So I opted for a demon who has a human appearance.

This is what I am thinking!

Quote from: Black Howling on July 06, 2015, 03:14:52 PM
This is one of those things where the 'what you plan on doing with it' matters a whole lot. In the baseline idea, the character fits just fine within Nalerius. In fact we have a mostly human type with some 'magical' talent already. That said, they make poor choices for anything of high caste, or authoritative position.

For example, a researcher of (At the highest)  beta level prized for their ingenuity and knowledge might well be appropriate. But let's say a Hound or bodyguard known for shooting first and asking questions later wouldn't. Human bodies would simply be too fragile for that.

I think I am following you! I can always make her a bit more powerful? I was thinking that she could be also constantly possessed by different demons which could change her personality and make her a bit unpredictable at times. Can summon them out of her to protect or even use them as weapons to haunt people.

I can always draft it up and you day tell me yay or nay? Or how to adapt it to fit the setting a bit more?

Drake Valentine

So, characters on power level of Arch Demons are a no even if that type of character has their own tight IC restrictions of how they use said power?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Haloriel

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 06, 2015, 11:08:11 PM
So, characters on power level of Arch Demons are a no even if that type of character has their own tight IC restrictions of how they use said power?

If it helps, what I did with my Archangel was made her only partially corrupted, so that she cannot use her full power and is slowly changing the longer she has been within Nalerius.  I would guess a similar deal might be okay?  I'd say write the character and submit it, and then go from there; tweak and such as the GM's ask.  You never really know what's not okay until you try!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Haloriel on July 06, 2015, 11:29:08 PM
If it helps, what I did with my Archangel was made her only partially corrupted, so that she cannot use her full power and is slowly changing the longer she has been within Nalerius.  I would guess a similar deal might be okay?  I'd say write the character and submit it, and then go from there; tweak and such as the GM's ask.  You never really know what's not okay until you try!

Hmmm, well my concept could use full power at any time, it is just that, he won't. The way I built him and have played him in the past is that he intentionally limits his powers for combat situations. For instance, he will either fight on equal or lesser footing and never go about starting rampages at his peak capability. :3 Cause Drakey doesn't like to play OP charies and doesn't like OP charies trying to bully his creations.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Haloriel

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 06, 2015, 11:33:46 PM
Hmmm, well my concept could use full power at any time, it is just that, he won't. The way I built him and have played him in the past is that he intentionally limits his powers for combat situations. For instance, he will either fight on equal or lesser footing and never go about starting rampages at his peak capability. :3 Cause Drakey doesn't like to play OP charies and doesn't like OP charies trying to bully his creations.

I'm no GM - but the folks here seem very good at making sure no one makes anything that is OP.  After all, your character is always in your control and unless you're voluntarily risking death per GM event, there's that whole player permission business. <3

Xanatos

Black Howling is pretty open to power-types (with some limits), and power level. I can't speak, per say, on actual Arch Demon level, but he let my main character Valkurn have a lot (even though some of it I didn't directly ask for it). So as Haloriel said, go ahead and submit, and see what the GM's say.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Rel Mayer on July 06, 2015, 10:52:57 PM
Aww thanks!

I think I am following you! I can always make her a bit more powerful? I was thinking that she could be also constantly possessed by different demons which could change her personality and make her a bit unpredictable at times. Can summon them out of her to protect or even use them as weapons to haunt people.

I can always draft it up and you day tell me yay or nay? Or how to adapt it to fit the setting a bit more?

Please feel free to throw up a sheet or PM Howling, Gnothi and myself and we'd be happy to work on her with you. We rarely ever say "hell no" to a character, we will work on her with you and please any questions are welcomed! ^_^

If he is on the level of an Arch Demon then yeah he could have the powers of an Arch Demons. We have several in game. Unless you're talking about an Alpha or Beta caste having Arch Demon powers?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

If I'm not mistaken, your question is stemming from the disclaimer that we are being selective when it comes to powerful positions in the city? I remember a 'we're gonna be picky when it comes to things like Arch Demons' disclaimer, but I don't recall ever posting that Arch Demons wouldn't be allowed. We actually have a few of them, as Luna had stated.

That said, we are still picky about it. This is basically in terms of concept type and whether or not we personally believe the player is gonna stick around. Feel free to PM us a more in depth explanation of the concept if you'd like.
Quote from: Rel Mayer on July 06, 2015, 10:52:57 PM
Aww thanks!

It doesn't sound like it's out of place just from what I've heard thus far.

Honestly I think the character will be fine, provided she does have something supernatural about her. The summoning aspect is quite intriguing, and I could see a lot of uses for it in the city. My only concern would be if she was prone, or required by position, to repeatedly get into combat. For one, it'd lead to frustration, and two my suspension of disbelief would be heavily strained.

Drake Valentine

But all 'Arch Demons' are leaders of a governing sin, no?

I was referencing more on powers of arch demon level, but strictly limited in their own way. More so in combat scenarios only being used for 'level playing field.'

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 07, 2015, 02:38:16 AM
But all 'Arch Demons' are leaders of a governing sin, no?

I was referencing more on powers of arch demon level, but strictly limited in their own way. More so in combat scenarios only being used for 'level playing field.'

No. True we have the 7 Deadly Sins embodied as Arch Demon's in game, however these are the original Arch Demons. An example of one who is an Arch Demon, but not one of the embodiment's is Abraxus. The Arch Demon of Chaos.

We'd like a concept of what an ARch Demon will govern as with Abraxus, he is Chaos. He revels in it, and thus is a great person to have in battle, he grows stronger in battle, soaking in the chaos and turning it to his men and even himself for strength.

If you've an idea for one I'd be happy to talk over it with you via pm.

LaLu's Delicious treats!

ElvenKitten

Had an interesting idea for my character but then I suddenly had a wedding to start planning, working on it now though.

GnothiSeauton

A draft of my latest character pending approval...

~ ~ ~  Jonathon Lincoln played by GnothiSeauton ~ ~ ~

Character Name:  Jonathon Lincoln
Alias / Nickname:  The Count
Face Claim:  David Tennant
Sexuality:  Bisexual
Racial Class  Vampire
Caste:  Alpha

Physical Description:  The Alpha Vampire keeps himself appearing in the best of shape when dealing with the Primes.  He often wears suits of high quality in their presence, going to lengths to ensure he appears his best.  He has but a few marks, namely bite wounds upon his neck from when he was first turned, and scars and marks of his past as a human.  A cross is tattooed on his neck where his bite marks are.

Personality:  To say he is a wolf in sheep's clothing would be an understatement.  With his superiors, he can be obedient and charming, respectful and diligent.  An obedient servant.  But behind closed doors, he is a master manipulator.  Scheming.  Manipulative.  Often making deals between enemies to serve his own ambitions. 

History within Nalerius:  Lincoln was brought to Nalerius by his creator, intended only to be an Omega, a slave for which to provide sustenance and protection.  It was from his Master and Creator that he learned to improve himself, strengthening his abilities and thirst for more, more everything, every single day of his existence. 

When his Master died under suspicious circumstances, Lincoln took over the business empire he had built of supplying blood and other food into the city.  Some have whispered it was by his hands that his Master met his demise.  Some have said it was he who had manipulated his way into power.  But none dared speak of such things to his face.

Over time his business of supplying sustenance has grown, and with it his own social standing and rise to power and influence.  From an Omega he became an Alpha, with eyes and ambitions that lay beyond becoming a Prime.

Weapons:  N/A  Relies on others to do his dirty work.

Magical Abilities/Powers

• Shifting:  Shifts into a bat.
  • Supernatural Strength:  Much, much, much stronger than humans and species beneath Alpha.
  • Glamor:  With considerable concentration, he can glamor lesser beings, namely Omegas and Ibilith into doing his bidding for a period of time.

On's and Off's:  Open for anything.  Link
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Xanatos

Based off your comment Black, I'd say she just saw the pictures. Didn't even read his name. No reading what so ever...

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Black Howling on July 16, 2015, 06:24:02 PM
Did you even read past David Tennant before deciding that? >_>

Quote from: Xanatos on July 16, 2015, 07:05:16 PM
Based off your comment Black, I'd say she just saw the pictures. Didn't even read his name. No reading what so ever...

Can you blame her?

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 16, 2015, 07:07:02 PM
Can you blame her?
Absolutely not, I almost fell into the same trap myself. >_>

He's the fuckin' doctor after all! (Well, he's my doctor anyhow!)

Drake Valentine

Withdrawing my interest.

It has been over a week and given failure of communication on GMs parts, I am no longer interested in this group.

Best of luck with you all.

Lady Lunarius

~GM Note:~

I would like to take this time to encourage anyone interested to send us a sheet. We will never tell you straight up "No" we will ask you questions and it is possible we will ask you to change certain things. But we get a better idea about character concepts if we have a full sheet to look over. As I said we will never tell you "No". But work with you.

Also, Please keep in mind, we GM's are real people with busy lives. (I just got done working a 16 hour day myself.) We will have delayed responses to all posts and PM's and profiles. We appreciate any and all patience and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Personally I find it easier to look a sheet over and ask questions, so again. Don't be shy.

Have a great night, and sorry for repeating myself. It's nearly 1 a.m. and I've been up for 20+ hours. Hope I didn't drone on!!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!