Nalerius Rising: The City of Nightmares [LBGTQA Friendly, Supernatural Modern]

Started by Black Howling, May 31, 2015, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

OOC Threads                              IC Threads:                              TBD:                              TBD
OOC Chatterbox
Game Information & Approved Characters
Recruitment Thread
---
---
---
                              The Loop
Low Town
Out Skirts
Ancient Histories
---
                              ---
---
---
---
---
                              ---
---
---
---
---

The City of Evil, it rests beyond the veil. The pleasures and protection beckoning to the creatures of darkness as a world where they remain free from the depredations of light. It's held as utopia by the stories, bandied as the bastion of all who hold wickedness in their heart. Yet is it the freedom that all seek, or will it's politics provide nothing but perdition for it's inhabitants? This is Nalerius, the City Risen from the ashes of a fallen time. This is The City of Nightmares....

Nalerius Q&A

What is this game about? Nalerius is a freeform group game focusing on fantasies about the darkest creatures our imagination can conjure. What it would be like for a city full of these creatures, their lives and their politics.

What's the Story's Focus? While a Sandbox in nature, this game will focus on certain story arcs throughout the city. These story arcs will be largely optional and players are more then encouraged to create their own.

Who's gonna GM it!? That'd be me, Black Howling. I'll also be helped by my two very talented and lovely assistants, GnothiSeauton and Lady Lunarius.

Who can join? Anyone willing to contribute to the game, and play by it's rules.

What Kind of Creature can I make? A more appropriate question would be, what kind can't you make? That'd be anything that borders the levels of godly might. We will be limiting positions such as Arch-Demons and the like to individuals who've proven themselves capable of maintaining activity. Just remember, the creature in question should fit the mood of the city. After all, a goodly Templar stated in the stories may not have a good time and certainly wouldn't be allowed unless plot oriented. See character creation for more detail.

Is there Canon Mythos? Aside from what's been listed in the setting detail, not really. I'm leaving the forces of godly divinity up to question, no one really knows if they exist. Not even the creatures of light or dark. The only other set down mythos we have is to do with Arch Demons, that being that the original seven are based on the seven deadly sins. Pride, Lust, Greed etc. These are the original, though not necessarily more powerful. See recruitment thread for more details on which of these are open, if any.

Is there Magic!? There are supernatural powers, but nothing like the fabled sorcery of D&D or other works of fantasy. Any magic allowed will be far more focused, limited and implemented in the realm of a creature's powers. See the first character sheet for an example.

What Category are we playing in? The Extreme Section. This is to allow our players full freedom with their actions. This game will also include scenes of torture, albeit nonsexual, just by nature. Any and all posts will be tagged with a content warning so that players are forewarned, and can skip reading it if they desire.

Are we limited to just playing within the city? For the most part, yes. The Mortal Realm will be open for play during some events, but it will not always be an option. This is to localize the scale and more easily implement interaction.

This game has a political focus? Yes, though the politics of a fictional, supernatural city. Keep in mind that this is not the PROC forums, and political or religious debates have no place here.

Is PvP allowed? By it's nature, the game lends itself toward at-least political in fighting. True duels or the like could come with consequences, namely a breach of the third mandate. But Yes it's allowed, provided it's worked out OOC, causes no drama and doesn't slow things down. We don't use a system, so be warned of that. I do have permission to display some great guidelines created by Ebb that help with this situation.
PvP Words
Just as a general suggestion for doing fights in a systemless game like this one, I think that it's important to keep in mind that you can have goals for your character that are different than just "win the fight". So if you're working out with your partner how the fight's going to go down, it's worth looking for ways where both writers get something out of the experience, even if in-game there can only be one real "winner". Some examples:

- A beats B, but going into it everybody thought A was a huge favorite to win, and B ended up doing surprisingly well.
- A beats B, but A had to resort to cheating, or to some generally frowned-upon maneuver. Maybe only B knows (and can use the information later), or maybe it's evident to the crowd.
- A beats B, but it's because B took a dive due to some previous underhanded deal.
- A beats B, but B ends up hurt so viciously that they earn the attention or sympathy of some other character they've been trying to make a connection with.
- A beats B, but B wounds A severely enough that A's at a huge disadvantage in their next fight against C. And maybe that was C's plan all along.
- A beats B, but B learns some trick or quirk about A's fighting style that will give them a secret advantage the next time the two of them fight. Or B could sell that information to someone else...
- A beats B, but A and B were secretly in collusion to give a great show in order to build up A's reputation.

You get the idea. Point being that there are ways to make the fight more interesting if you look at scenarios more complex than "A beats B". Ideally you end up with an arrangement where both writers have fun with it, and it serves as a springboard for both of their ongoing stories.

Sexy time and Naughty Bits? Sexual scenes will not be limited, though they will require the appropriate content warnings. It should also be noted that sex is not the focus of this story, though I'm sure it will happen.

The Game Rules

• Real life comes first!  Don't feel stressed if you need to get a post done and you have stuff going on offline.  Take care of yourself first.  The game will always be around.
  • Be civil!  Don't bring drama to the game.  If you and another person do not get along, try to avoid them.  I'm not going to deny someone just because someone has an issue with another person.  If, however, an issue arises and you can not be civil about it, I will ask you to leave.
  • If there is a dispute between two writers in the story involving their characters and story lines, where both can't come to an agreement, the three GMs will act as impartial judges and try and settle the dispute.
  • Content warning! Try to use correct tagging/warnings in your header.  I don't mind if you make fun/jokes in the warning section.  I do it myself more often than not.  But if it involves any elicit sexual activity, or anything such as bondage, non-con, or extreme situations, please try to make a note of it.
  • No killing of PC characters without prior approval from the other writer involved.  If it is agreed to, that's fine.  Just no one going around randomly killing characters without the approval of their creators.
  • If you are going to be away for an extended period of time, please try to let me know.  I can't try to keep track of everyone's Absences threads
  • If you're no longer interested, please let me know.  I would rather know, than not know and have to plan around your character's silence, or help others in scenes.  I'm pretty easy going and know that interest can come and go.  I'd just like to be given a heads up rather than just disappearing.
  • Face Claims are strongly encouraged.  If you're having trouble identifying your model, try a Google Reverse Image Search, or come to me for help.  As someone who has gone through a dispute regarding models in a group, face claims make it easier for less conflict and helps eliminate the chances of having random look-a-likes.
  • Posting Expectations. I'm not gonna beat your brow about it, but posting once a week is expected. RL always comes first as already listed, but please make the attempt.

Black Howling

How to Make a Monster

Easy Click Code

[center][font=andale mono][size=14pt][b]~ ~ ~  Character Name Played by Your Name ~ ~ ~[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/CowGoil08/gif.gif[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Alias / Nickname:[/b]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]  Model Used
[b]Age:[/b]  The age of your character. 
[b]Sexuality:[/b]  Your character's sexuality.
[b]Racial Class[/b]
[b]Caste:[/b]This is different from your occupation see Caste Systems as reference

[b]Physical Description:[/b]  3 to 5 Sentences describing your character. Can be longer, please list any unusual traits, birthmarks, tattoos or scars here as well.

[b]Personality:[/b]  Brief summary of who your character is.

[b]Occupation:[/b]  (All major positions that are listed must be PM'd to GM's before submission so that we can discuss them privately with you.)

[b]History within Nalerius:[/b]  Please provide a few paragraphs about your character's history. 
[b]Weapons:[/b]  What sort of weapons does your character carry on them? Do they have magical Powers? If so please list them.

[b]Magical Abilities/Powers[/b] What Magics does your Character control, what rituals are involved etc...

[b]On's and Off's:[/b]  If the on's and off's of your character are different than your preferences, please mention it here.  Otherwise, a link to your on's and off's will do just fine.

~ ~ ~  Character Name Played by Your Name ~ ~ ~

Character Name:
Alias / Nickname:
Face Claim:  Model Used
Sexuality:  Your character's sexuality.
Racial class:What kinda Creature are you?
Caste: This is different from your occupation see Caste Systems as reference

Physical Description:  3 to 5 Sentences describing your character. Can be longer, please list any unusual traits, birthmarks, tattoos or scars here as well.

Personality:  Brief summary of who your character is.

Occupation:  (All major positions that are listed must be PM'd to GM's before submission so that we can discuss them privately with you.)

History within Nalerius:  Please provide a few paragraphs about your character's history.

Weapons:  What sort of weapons does your character carry on them?

Magical Abilities/Powers What Magics does your Character control, what rituals are involved etc...

On's and Off's:  If the on's and off's of your character are different than your preferences, please mention it here.  Otherwise, a link to your on's and off's will do just fine.

Popular Mythos that have been claimed
Arch Demon of Greed: Claimed by GnothiSeauton
Arch Demon of Pride: Claimed by Black Howling
Arch Demon of Envy: Claimed by Lady Lunarius
Arch Demon of Sloth: Claimed by PrestaDGtation
Arch Demon of Lust: Claimed by ladyelizabeth

Popular Mythos not yet claimed....

Arch Demon of Wrath: Heavily screened Prime. Will be picky since this is a delicate and popular sin Possibly found.
Arch Demon of Gluttony:

Black Howling

Face Claims

Player Name                              Face Claim:                              Player Name:                              Face Claim:
Black Howling
Black Howling
Lady Lunarius
Lady Lunarius
Gnothi Seauton
Gnothi Seauton
Warlock
Lady Lunarius
Haloriel
---
---
                              Luke Evans
Noah Mills
Emma Mae
Cara Delevingne
Natalie Dormer
Christy Mack
StarFuckd
Oded Fehr
Christina Hendricks
---
---
                              PrestaDGtation
LadyElizabeth
LadyElizabeth
bubby
Eternal Blade
Xanatos
Lockepick
Sirian Eve
Xanatos
Black Howling
---
                              Kato
Katrina Kaif
Christiana Elysion
Eva Green
Dominic Strange
Gina Carano
Micheal Santa Rosa
Charles Micheal Davis
Elena Satine
Eiza Gonzales
---

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

PrestaDGTation

*Walks in non-nonchalantly.*

*Looks around at everything.*

*Does this thing.*

*Raises hand from face-plant on the floor*

..One ticket, please.. kind sir..!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Sirian Eve

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 31, 2015, 06:36:06 PM
I was thinking. Could I possibly play the mayor?

Heya Sirian :)

The Mayor position has already been claimed and tabbed as a GM Role.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Sirian Eve

Oh okay didn't see that, lol.

Hmmm..

What about a detective or some sort of rule keeper?

Lockepick

Just to share what I've talked about with Black Howling: I'm going for a Bee-Themed Demon based around selling drugs and some mild 'body horror'. Going for either Alpha or Beta (haven't decided yet), hoping to deal with a few of the Primes -- and will be sending out some PMs about that once I get more situated.

My face claim is some random dude that I couldn't track down his name, so I don't think it'll be an issue...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 31, 2015, 07:31:12 PM

Hmmm..

You're absolutely right:  it isn't listed, and I apologize for that on behalf of myself, Black Howling, and Luna.  The Mayor Role has been discussed privately for some time now, before the launch of recruitment, and was deemed to be a GM Role.

A detective or rule keeper could be interesting.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 31, 2015, 08:35:59 PM
You're absolutely right:  it isn't listed, and I apologize for that on behalf of myself, Black Howling, and Luna.  The Mayor Role has been discussed privately for some time now, before the launch of recruitment, and was deemed to be a GM Role.

I am currently working on Abraxus who is akin to a General for Melfic. He will need enforcers and those capable of keeping the "peace". So if you'd like to discuss something with me we can do that. ^+^
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 31, 2015, 08:35:59 PM

It's listed in the world building thread, though the position is titled Governor and Avarice's name is next to it. We also have Gaurdian and Hound for the detective types, which are open.

Lockepick

General World Building Questions:
1) What sort of time line are we dealing with? I can't help but notice every NPC listed has an Age of "Bigger than numbers." I wasn't sure what sort of scale was 'old' and what was 'average,' you know?
2) The world building guide talked about Magic -- but where is technology in general?

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Black Howling

Quote from: lockepick on May 31, 2015, 09:24:58 PM
General World Building Questions:
1) What sort of time line are we dealing with? I can't help but notice every NPC listed has an Age of "Bigger than numbers." I wasn't sure what sort of scale was 'old' and what was 'average,' you know?
2) The world building guide talked about Magic -- but where is technology in general?

Age to me isn't a measure of power. I don't believe much in listing down numbers larger then 2,000 since that's pretty much the roman empire era. Anything too much past that gets irrelevant. In general, I pin elders within supernatural settings like this to actually begin around 1,000. This might seem a little out there, but when dealing with so many demons, it's to be expected. Just don't list down over 10,000 years, because that gets into the murky area. Anything over 2k I'd prefer listed as unknown.

The technology is in modern area. As this is a reflection of the human world, technology has expanded the same way here. Take note that older creatures typically don't like using it, but there are always exceptions and lackeys to do that for them.

PrestaDGTation

Quote from: lockepick on May 31, 2015, 07:51:28 PM
Just to share what I've talked about with Black Howling: I'm going for a Bee-Themed Demon based around selling drugs and some mild 'body horror'. Going for either Alpha or Beta (haven't decided yet), hoping to deal with a few of the Primes -- and will be sending out some PMs about that once I get more situated.

Carey Schlafrig, the Primeval Sin of Sloth, feels her eyes flutter as she lies upon her godless bed.

"...well they.. sound like they'll.. fit riiiiight in.."
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Rel Mayer

Black Howling

Black Howling

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 31, 2015, 07:31:12 PM

Hmmm..

To elaborate on this since my last post was short due to stuff going on in the house. Guardian as described in the world building thread acts as sort of like a sheriff. The City really only has three laws, which leaves it up to the guardian what else to enforce and when to pick their battles. This person would have been heavily screened for their ability to handle this situation and as such It'll likely come with a barrage of questions and the like from me to ensure the writer who applies for it can handle the position. They also work directly under the cities high protector, who's sheet is still in the works.

As for the Hounds, they are like your normal detective types and peace keepers. They work closely with the Guardian, who can be NPC'd if needed, and ensure that his wants are being upheld. These are obviously not nearly as heavily screened, because they work under someone else who's supposed to keep them able to perform their job. Most of the time, the entire things ends up more then a little corrupt since they'd have to choose their battles on when and where to enforce the laws or try to keep others in check.

Hope that sheds a little more light on the subject. Also, a link to the world building thread is right above the Q/A should anyone have missed it. Many basic questions can be answered there and it should give a good idea of how things work within the city proper.

Sirian Eve

Wonderful!  :D

I'm interested in the guardian role then. I already have a character type in mind for him. So just let me know what you need from me.

Lynnie

Black Howling

Quote from: Sirian Eve on June 01, 2015, 04:50:56 AM
Wonderful!  :D

I'm interested in the guardian role then. I already have a character type in mind for him. So just let me know what you need from me.

PM will be sent your way very shortly. I'll get the question storm moving then. ;D
Quote from: Lynnie on June 01, 2015, 07:56:11 AM
Incoming pm Black >.>;
Alright, hun! Let me know if you need plottage to get started. :D

Lynnie

Black Howling

I have an update for everyone. We now have our first OOC threads in Extreme Small Groups.

OOC Chatterbox I shouldn't have to explain what this is to most of you. Place to chat and talk!

Game Information and Approved Characters This contains all the information in the world building section, though more organized and easier to read... hopefully. It's also where you'll wanna post your sheets once they're approved.

Both are linked in the first post of the recruitment thread too!

bubby

DAMMIT HOWLING!!

See, since you were LATE in PMing me about your awesomesauce idea, the role I got all interested in has been asked for already.  :P

Good luck though, looks fuckin' epic.  ;)

Xanatos

I might try and get in on this, but I'll need to give it some more thought.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: bubby on June 02, 2015, 03:17:05 AM
DAMMIT HOWLING!!

See, since you were LATE in PMing me about your awesomesauce idea, the role I got all interested in has been asked for already.  :P

Good luck though, looks fuckin' epic.  ;)

Not all roles are final just because they are called. You must get approval from at least 2 GM's but with important roles we require all 3 to give approval. So if you send it to us we can still look it over and discuss it. Along with any other people who'd like the role.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lynnie

Here's a question for ya, i am thinking of playing a female solider perhaps a werepanther what kind of job could I get?

ererruz

This seems really interesting... I've got a certain idea that might fit in. Has the Gluttony Arch-Demon been claimed yet? (Although my activity will be fairly low in the next two or so weeks, got finals coming up.; so not sure if that'd be fine.)

Black Howling

Quote from: ererruz on June 02, 2015, 08:50:14 AM
This seems really interesting... I've got a certain idea that might fit in. Has the Gluttony Arch-Demon been claimed yet? (Although my activity will be fairly low in the next two or so weeks, got finals coming up.; so not sure if that'd be fine.)

We have a strict RL first policy, and you'd be giving us more then advanced warning, so that shouldn't be an issue. And no, actually no one has expressed interest in Gluttony yet.

Quote from: Lynnie on June 02, 2015, 08:46:30 AM
Here's a question for ya, i am thinking of playing a female solider perhaps a werepanther what kind of job could I get?

Soldier is a more then legitimate job title, though with how things have been, she wouldn't have had a lot of actual fighting at any point recently. That being said, you could always add a sideline political interest for her. Or perhaps she supplements some extra income via enforcing for one of the primogen or even just gambling and working the crime market. The possibilities are pretty endless there, being only limited by the characters personality.

Lynnie

Xanatos

I did have a question.

Souls were mentioned as being the prime form of currency within the city. In what form? Is the soul taken from the mortal or is it more the contractual and or metaphorical 'owning' of the soul?

Oh and I might like to be a Primogen. What are the associated risks and benefits of said position within the city and this world of evil?

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 02, 2015, 07:15:48 AM
Not all roles are final just because they are called. You must get approval from at least 2 GM's but with important roles we require all 3 to give approval. So if you send it to us we can still look it over and discuss it. Along with any other people who'd like the role.

Ooooohhhhh.. well all righty then! it might take me a few days to get it done, but I'll definitely send it when I do!

Lockepick

Quote from: Xanatos on June 02, 2015, 01:07:20 PM
I did have a question.

Souls were mentioned as being the prime form of currency within the city. In what form? Is the soul taken from the mortal or is it more the contractual and or metaphorical 'owning' of the soul?

Oh and I might like to be a Primogen. What are the associated risks and benefits of said position within the city and this world of evil?

I had a similar question: Is the notion that any demon can take a mortal's soul and then buy/sell it? Or does that have to be specifically a power to 'mint' souls? I assume the soul has to be willingly given (as per part of a trade or in worship)? What form does a stolen soul take -- is it actually a coin or are they like bottles with screaming little spirits inside or whatever?

bubby

I have questions about Wrath meow. That was not my original character idea, but after perusing, it (of course) has sparked my interest as well. Or at least more then my original char idea. Is it still just 'send in the char sheet and we'll choose' with that character as well?

EDIT: I also want to faceclaim Eva Green.

Xanatos

Heh, another question.

Would any of the GM's take issue with me playing two PC's? I've already got an idea for a pair of lovers. Even with two characters, I can still handle interacting with others. That is not an issue for me.

Lockepick

Apis Merovingian
Alpha / Potnius Demon / No Position of Power
Bee-Themed Drug Dealer / Cult Leader / Party Boy

Character Application

~ ~ ~  Apis Merovingian Played by Lockepick ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Apis Merovingian
Alias / Nickname: n/a
Face Claim:  Michel Santa Rosa
Sexuality:  Homosexual / Submissive
Racial Class: Potnius Demon (Race of Bee-Themed Demons)
Caste: Alpha

Physical Description:  Apis resembles a lithe young man, with blonde hair and darker facial hair. Strong shoulders and chest taper down at his waist, almost as cinched by a corset that would make even professionals cringe. An enticing sweet scent follows him wherever he goes.

Personality:  Like most Potnius Demons, Apis is eager for admiration, power, and basic comfort -- without having to work for it. He prefers to do almost any business during a party, or some other event where he can pretend he's not working. He plays off as more aloof than he is, and has little concern for his personal reputation -- as long as his product is well revered. While he hardly the most equipped to defend himself, he relies upon being a desired 'necessity' in Nalerius for protection. Killing or attacking Apis would mean the ire of all of his loyal addicts, of those he works for, and anybody that's generally looking to have a good time -- and who wants that target on their back? 

History within Nalerius:  Potnius Demons see themselves as the 'queens' of their hive, and the 'drones' are made up of worshipers and slaves. That makes families of Potnius Demons small and distant. The Merovingian line is one of of the more prominent lines, most famous for supporting and reveling in the Merovingian Dynasty that ruled over the Franks for over 300 years. Apis himself wasn't around during the Merovingian Dynasty's height, but can trace his lineage back to those that were.

Apis' lived in the mortal realm for the first half of his life, cultivating different cults throughout the years to keep him comfortable. Over time, he learned to condense and concentrate the trademark pheromones of the Potnius, and he grew to fame in modern Hellfire Clubs and Fraternal organizations. The more modern years, with their advanced technology, made it harder and harder to stay hidden amongst mortals. He made the decision to move to Nalerius, trading away deification amongst mortals for the rich and powerful demon clientele of Nalerius.

After giving out enough free samples for his particular drug to spread through the Beta and Omega communities, he had an addicted and loyal base of clients. He used information gathered from them to get in touch with Alphas, and even began doing business with some of the Primes themselves. He lives comfortably, even for an Alpha, both from the sales of his drugs and in regards to gathering and spreading information.
Weapons:  Stinger/Poison (See Powers)

Magical Abilities/Powers

Bee Control: Any and all bees, wasps, and ants (insects within the Apocrita suborder) are beholden to Apis, though bees in general are his personal preference. Apis can use pheromones to communicate and command those insects to give them tasks and to share information. Regardless of how unintelligent vermin might be, complex thoughts and mental images can be shared both ways.

Hive-Body: Apis gets his oxygen through his skin, and his lungs have been re-purposed into beehives full of assorted honey bees. Apis can summon out the swarm from his mouth on command. This also means that complete submersion in water should be limited at best. Any smoked drugs are typically only taken into his mouth and absorbed there, and never inhaled.

Pheromone Control: Apis can project his own pheromones and tailor what sort of reaction he gets. Lesser minds, such as weaker demons, humans, and animals, are easy to sway into extreme bouts of rage, arousal, fear, calm, sadness, confusion, general giddiness, etc. Stronger minds are either completely immune, or affected on a much more minor or reduced level.

Pheromone Manufacture: All of Apis's bodily fluids (blood, saliva, semen, etc) are syrupy and sickly sweet like honey, carrying concentrated doses of his pheromones. The beehive in his lungs creates more 'traditional' honey that is saturated with those pheromones. The exact effect of those pheromones can be decided at will when they are extracted from him. These fluids are most commonly used to create drugs with euphoric and/or aphrodisiac effects. When Apis is present, the emotions, positive or negative, are directed towards him. The honey and fluids can easily be stored and used by any third parties, the emotional focus of the pheromones determined upon extraction. When Apis is not present and the fluids are imbibed, the emotions are undirected and more general. The pheromone laced fluids can trigger physical and mental addictions in regular clientele, but the rumor is that only the simple and weak are at risk of that...

Enhanced Senses: Apis has an enhanced sense of smell. He can create 'profiles' of people to recognize them later, as well as getting general emotions from the target based on their own pheromones or sweat -- assuming the target is even remotely humanoid/animal.

Stinger/Poison: As a last resort, Apis can force large stingers to emerge from his body that armed with a neurotoxin. Each stinger can be as long as twelve inches, and multiple can be forced to rupture through his skin as needed. He most commonly pulls them through the top of his wrist or back of his elbow. The stingers themselves carry a neurotoxin that causes confusion, vertigo, and general pain.

On's and Off's:  My O/O Page
- Ons: Masculinity; Chemical/Mental Manipulation; Power; Money; Magical Powers
- Offs: Femininity; Romance; Dating

Warlock

Turning an idea of an information broker in around my head, perhaps putting him/her/it in one of the lower caste, either Ibilith or Omega. Playing all sides and trying to make itself useful enough to not get killed.

Perhaps could tie the character to Sloth, being her creature ultimately and providing her information (Why do it yourself when you have servants that can?)

Imagine the character as the faceless servant pouring your wine because you're too lazy to do it yourself or the concubine already waiting in your bed so you don't have to spend energy on seduction.

Sounds good as a general concept?

Black Howling

This is why I don't like taking naps while recruiting... I finally get stormed with questions....

Ahem,

I did have a question.

Souls are indeed the official currency. Being many of the creatures are demons, they are assumed to be able to make pacts with humans to 'own' their souls upon death. Not all creatures can manage that, though, so metaphorical owning still counts so long as it is present to trade in some form. Melfic also 'mints' souls himself for circulation if required, though that carries a tax. ;)

Benefits are political power and influence within the city. The associated risks are that other people often want that power and can contest it. It's also liekly to get them special tasks required from the higher up, like Melfic or his wife. These tasks, as seen in my second character bio, can be quite dangerous.

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 01:29:58 PM
I had a similar question: Is the notion that any demon can take a mortal's soul and then buy/sell it? Or does that have to be specifically a power to 'mint' souls? I assume the soul has to be willingly given (as per part of a trade or in worship)? What form does a stolen soul take -- is it actually a coin or are they like bottles with screaming little spirits inside or whatever?

Any demon can make pacts or worship to gain souls, or is assumed to, as per the answer above. They may keep it in any form you see them doing so. If 'minted' by Melfic, which is the assumption of how this will go, it takes the form of a coin that varies in size and shape based on the value of the soul in question. Not having it 'minted' is just a method of avoiding any cut he wants, but that often leaves it more vulnerable to theft or escape. (After all, someone could open the bottles after all)

Th coins have little weight, and are made with a method of storing them for trade value. Meaning a character can pull them into, and out of their physical  form.

Quote from: Xanatos on June 02, 2015, 02:08:23 PM
Heh, another question.

Would any of the GM's take issue with me playing two PC's? I've already got an idea for a pair of lovers. Even with two characters, I can still handle interacting with others. That is not an issue for me.

I don't have a character limit up for a reason. I'll allow multiple characters provided the person assures me they can keep up with them. After play starts, this will be judged based on what we've seen from the person in questions activity. So yes, you can make two characters.

Quote from: Warlock on June 02, 2015, 03:14:56 PM
Turning an idea of an information broker in around my head, perhaps putting him/her/it in one of the lower caste, either Ibilith or Omega. Playing all sides and trying to make itself useful enough to not get killed.

Perhaps could tie the character to Sloth, being her creature ultimately and providing her information (Why do it yourself when you have servants that can?)

Imagine the character as the faceless servant pouring your wine because you're too lazy to do it yourself or the concubine already waiting in your bed so you don't have to spend energy on seduction.

Sounds good as a general concept?

As a concept yes, though the player of sloth will have to stamp their approval on the matter. I don't make a habit of answering for other people, so might message Presta about that.

Did I miss anyone? Feel free to ask for elaboration if those answers were a little confusing. (Just woke up from a nap, after all.)

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lockepick

@GMs: So if a soul is not minted by Melfic -- what form does it take?

Just to confirm: A soul can only be in Nalerius if the 'host' is dead? There's no taking the soul from a living person, right?

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 05:53:42 PM

Just to confirm: A soul can only be in Nalerius if the 'host' is dead? There's no taking the soul from a living person, right?

Howling will be able to answer this when he gets home. He's getting us food. ^_^ I don't want to say "Yes" or "No" before asking him.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

Apis Merovingian

Character Application

Face Claim:  Nameless Hottie

Physical Description:  Apis resembles a lithe young man, with blonde hair and darker facial hair. Strong shoulders and chest taper down at his waist, almost as cinched by a corset that would make even professionals cringe. An enticing sweet scent follows him wherever he goes.

Personality:  Like most Potnius Demons, Apis is eager for admiration, power, and basic comfort -- without having to work for it. He prefers to do almost any business during a party, or some other event where he can pretend he's not working. He plays off as more aloof than he is, and has little concern for his personal reputation -- as long as his product is well revered. While he hardly the most equipped to defend himself, he relies upon being a desired 'necessity' in Nalerius for protection. Killing or attacking Apis would mean the ire of all of his loyal addicts, of those he works for, and anybody that's generally looking to have a good time -- and who wants that target on their back? 

History within Nalerius:  Potnius Demons see themselves as the 'queens' of their hive, and the 'drones' are made up of worshipers and slaves. That makes families of Potnius Demons small and distant. The Merovingian line is one of of the more prominent lines, most famous for supporting and reveling in the Merovingian Dynasty that ruled over the Franks for over 300 years. Apis himself wasn't around during the Merovingian Dynasty's height, but can trace his lineage back to those that were.

Apis' lived in the mortal realm for the first half of his life, cultivating different cults throughout the years to keep him comfortable. Over time, he learned to condense and concentrate the trademark pheromones of the Potnius, and he grew to fame in modern Hellfire Clubs and Fraternal organizations. The more modern years, with their advanced technology, made it harder and harder to stay hidden amongst mortals. He made the decision to move to Nalerius, trading away deification amongst mortals for the rich and powerful demon clientele of Nalerius.

After giving out enough free samples for his particular drug to spread through the Beta and Omega communities, he had an addicted and loyal base of clients. He used information gathered from them to get in touch with Alphas, and even began doing business with some of the Primes themselves. He lives comfortably, even for an Alpha, both from the sales of his drugs and in regards to gathering and spreading information.

Magical Abilities/Powers

Bee Control: Any and all bees, wasps, and ants (insects within the Apocrita suborder) are beholden to Apis, though bees in general are his personal preference. Apis can use pheromones to communicate and command those insects to give them tasks and to share information. Regardless of how unintelligent vermin might be, complex thoughts and mental images can be shared both ways.

Hive-Body: Apis gets his oxygen through his skin, and his lungs have been re-purposed into beehives full of assorted honey bees. Apis can summon out the swarm from his mouth on command. This also means that complete submersion in water should be limited at best. Any smoked drugs are typically only taken into his mouth and absorbed there, and never inhaled.

Pheromone Control: Apis can project his own pheromones and tailor what sort of reaction he gets. Lesser minds, such as weaker demons, humans, and animals, are easy to sway into extreme bouts of rage, arousal, fear, calm, sadness, confusion, general giddiness, etc. Stronger minds are either completely immune, or affected on a much more minor or reduced level.

Pheromone Manufacture: All of Apis's bodily fluids (blood, saliva, semen, etc) are syrupy and sickly sweet like honey, carrying concentrated doses of his pheromones. The beehive in his lungs creates more 'traditional' honey that is saturated with those pheromones. The exact effect of those pheromones can be decided at will when they are extracted from him. These fluids are most commonly used to create drugs with euphoric and/or aphrodisiac effects. When Apis is present, the emotions, positive or negative, are directed towards him. The honey and fluids can easily be stored and used by any third parties, the emotional focus of the pheromones determined upon extraction. When Apis is not present and the fluids are imbibed, the emotions are undirected and more general. The pheromone laced fluids can trigger physical and mental addictions in regular clientele, but the rumor is that only the simple and weak are at risk of that...

Enhanced Senses: Apis has an enhanced sense of smell. He can create 'profiles' of people to recognize them later, as well as getting general emotions from the target based on their own pheromones or sweat -- assuming the target is even remotely humanoid/animal.

Stinger/Poison: As a last resort, Apis can force large stingers to emerge from his body that armed with a neurotoxin. Each stinger can be as long as twelve inches, and multiple can be forced to rupture through his skin as needed. He most commonly pulls them through the top of his wrist or back of his elbow. The stingers themselves carry a neurotoxin that causes confusion, vertigo, and general pain.

Your face claim is Michel Santa Rosa

More Pics:

On a similar note: If you can't find your face claims name, let me know via PM with the chosen pic. I have dark naughty ways of finding things out.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Sirian Eve

Hmmm

Good questions. Also I think I'll reserve  Charles Micheal Davis as my face claim.

Black Howling

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 05:53:42 PM

I guess I made that a little confusing last time. It can take whatever form you picture it taking. Not everyone is going to have the same methods, I just have the official one detailed. I guess I could make an arbitrary ruling that says they are all in smoke filled bottles that howl, but that makes them seem less effective as currency. Perhaps that's why people have them 'minted' in the first place.

As for the second question, no, a pact yet to die is still a soul. In this case, it likely comes in the form of a contract or even some blood brand. Make it make sense. The idea is it has power behind it, it's not completely on a physical level. Though it's likely to be seen as something of a check rather then cold hard cash. This is actually something I'd been sorta excited about, because it adds plot to the game in some ways.

Lockepick

Sounds neat! You could easily say that the minted coins are the 'official currency.' Like the basis that everything else is compared to -- like foreign exchange.

Might be worth adding something to the character sheet of what form their souls take, or what form unfinished contracts take, for each demon!

Fenrir

*plants a flag of interest*

I have a lot to read more to read.  My initial reaction is to be very interested in the Arch Demon of Wrath- considering it happens to be my own personal vice and I always enjoy playing such character.  I'm sadden (or pissed off *snickers at her own lame joke*) that it's possibly taken, so I'll be trying to roll around another few ideas and see if I can find a solid one to propose.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 09:41:23 PM
Sounds neat! You could easily say that the minted coins are the 'official currency.' Like the basis that everything else is compared to -- like foreign exchange.

Might be worth adding something to the character sheet of what form their souls take, or what form unfinished contracts take, for each demon!

That would probably be something Angel would have to deal with. As such things are beneath Melfic. >.>

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 02, 2015, 11:26:05 PM

That would probably be something Angel would have to deal with. As such things are beneath Melfic. >.>

Like the last two centuries of paperwork cluttering his 'to read' list? "Why do I need to deal with these, that'swhy I have a governess!" Loks over one. "Why was this matter not brought to my attnetion?" NPC: "It was sire, two centuries ago. It's been on your desk since then."

Melfic "Summon Avarice. She and I have much to discuss"

Lady Lunarius

Angel: "Dear husband, you truly do need to work harder. Worry not for my needs it is a sacrifice I will make so that you can give the lands the attentions they need."

*Attempts run off to find a toy* >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Haa! We need to get this thing started so we can actually channel these characters.

Lady Lunarius

~ ~ ~ Angel Nalificarum Played By LadyLunarius ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Angel Nalificarum (Her True name has been lost)
Alias / Nickname: Whore, Queen, Whore Queen, Consort, Bitch.
Face Claim:  Emma Mae
Racial Class: Fallen Angel, Tainted with Melfic's Dark power.
Sexuality:  Open
Caste: Prime

Physical Description:  Long legs, blue eyes and blond hair. The innocent looking Angel can easily get someone who doesn't know better to let their guard down. Her body was built to perfection in the days of old. Her wings which have been tainted black from her years with Melfic are still a beautiful sight to hold. Spanning six feet outward they can take her through the skies with ease. She often is seen wearing little to nothing. As this is her husbands wish. Who wants to deal with clothes when you have needs for your whore to care for?

Personality:  Defiant, one of the qualities that Melfic has allowed his wife to keep, as it keeps him entertained at times. However she does enjoy making his life difficult. She tends to speak her mind a little too much and worships her husband. She has a short temper with foolish people, and does not suffer fools well.

History within Nalerius: Her time before Melfic, she can hardly recall. She can not remember the pure bliss her mind and soul were in. The joy and praises she sung are long gone from her lips. The same lips that have been tainted many times by her husband and many others.
In her time in Nalerius she has made a name for herself as the queen of whores, and calm half of Melfic's mind. She is nearly always at his side, the every obidient pet, when he's actually paying attention to him. She was there in the great war, some say she even fell when Melfic did.
As the keeper of Nalerius's portals, she is protected more than she would like. Which has driven her to the arms of many demons, and has lead the demise of many more. If one wishes to strike a deal and open a portal they must first speak with her. Which has gained many friends and many more enemies over the years.
Weapons: 
Soul Spear: (See Magical Powers below) A long spear made of the lightest, but densest metal known to any being. Forged in the fires of hell, and "blessed" by Melfic himself. It was a wedding gift and something she rarely leaves just laying around.
Vanity's Reflection: (See Magical Powers Below) A small hand held mirror that very much resembles a compact. Silver, and holds no magical aura. It truly looks like it is simply a mirror.

Magical Abilities/Powers
Soul Spear:
~Energy Sap: When simply pricked with the tip of the spear, one could find themselves suddenly tired and out of energy. Their mind becomes muddled and weaker beings will pass out for several hours.
~Soul Stealer: When impaled one will find their soul being sucked from their body, becoming but a puppet for Angel to play with and mold.
Vanity's Reflection: Seemingly harmless this mirror holds the power to "stun" creatures who look into it. Humans who look within at their own reflection become vain, narcissistic and generally useless for days to weeks on end.
Resonating Voice: Almost a pure melodic tone, Angel's voice can truly reach and tug at ones soul. Draw their attention from any distraction should she wish it.
Portal Control: Angel has complete and utter control over EVERY portal in Nalerius. She can open and close them as she sees fit. If you displease her, she may open a portal for you, and then snap it close so that you are crushed within the in-betweens.
Feather Pins: She has the abilities to shoot razor sharp feathers tipped in a toxic poison at her enemies, both in the air and on the ground.

On's and Off's:  Truly, no bathroom play. Up for anything else. If you think Melfic won't rip your fucking guts out.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

~ ~ ~  Laney Lady of Envy Played By LadyLunarius~ ~ ~

Character Name: Laney
Alias / Nickname: Jealous bitch, whiney bitch, Prides fuck toy, etc...
Face Claim: Cara Delevingne
Racial Class: The Demon of Envy
Sexuality:  Does someone else have them? Then she wants them.
Caste:Prime

Physical Description: At 5'3" Envy as always comes in a tiny package of trouble. Most do not suspect her to be nearly as strong as she is, and her long hair falls just to her waist. She enjoys adorning herself in jewels she's taken from those she kills, or enslaves, and enjoys making sure the attention is on her when she wears tight, clothes that barely cover anything.

Personality: Selfish, Needy, Hot Tempered when she doesn't get her way. Near angelic when she does. She will stop at nothing to get her way, and will jump through hoops to get what she knows she deserves. Generally dominate. It takes a special touch to make her submit.

Occupation:  She is attempting to sit on the counsel. Why can't she get on the damn counsel?

History within Nalerius:  Laney is the textbook, "College Drop Out Mooch". She has studied under many mentors, mainly because others got to, and she didn't want to be left out. The youngest and most immature. She is under her brothers care, getting nearly everything she asks or begs for.
Her true ambition is to join the counsel. She doesn't truly know what will be required when she gets her position but she knows that she wants it. Even if she has nothing to contribute. It is pride who has kept her from running wild and infecting everyone with her powers. All in all she has done nothing to contribute to Nalerius, but her powers are still useful in starting tiny wars. (Which she would never use a portal to sneak off and start trouble in the other realms.)

Weapons:  Why would she need weapons?

Magical Abilities/Powers

Jealous Rage: Ever feel a twinge of jealousy, and think its nothing. Tell yourself that you're just a bit over protective of what is yours? Ever lust at your neighbors wife? Wanting that job but your best friend got it? Then one day it all goes incredibly wrong? That is Envy, twisting at your heart, driving you to acts you would never think possible. Even the tiniest amount of envy she'll twist until you erupt or act out.

Mind Control: Once she has twisted you to act out against those who have what you don't, once you have fallen Laney will then take control of your mind and drive the want for what others have deeper. Soon your wants will be nothing in comparison to hers. You will be driven to get her what she desires and only the strongest of minds will resist.

Iron Nails: Laney's nails can grow out to six or seven inches, harder than iron, and sharper than any blade.

On's and Off's:  Open for anything but bathroom play. If you give her something she wants she will always be happy to thank you, over and over and over.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: lockepick on June 02, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

Apis Merovingian

Character Application

Face Claim:  Michel Santa Rosa

Magical Abilities/Powers

~Lady Luna's Stamp of Approval~
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Xanatos

So from what I understand, even none-Demons can get souls?

If a soul can basically take any form, does that mean the person possessing the soul can meld it into any shape they want?

Black Howling

Quote from: Xanatos on June 03, 2015, 01:51:30 AM
So from what I understand, even none-Demons can get souls?

If a soul can basically take any form, does that mean the person possessing the soul can meld it into any shape they want?

Yes, I'd generally say so. Within Reason of course. After all, if someone writes that they are collecting souls and placing them into the form of bulldozers, I'm going to ask them to change it. It should be portable, and preferably not in the form of actual weapon like objects. I'll also note that without the appropriate powers associated with it, the souls will be completely useless as anything other then currency.

Just use common sense.

Xanatos

Makes sense. Thank you. I'm working on my first character right now. Hope to have her done soonish.

Black Howling

Quote from: Xanatos on June 03, 2015, 02:02:35 AM
Makes sense. Thank you. I'm working on my first character right now. Hope to have her done soonish.

Sounds good.

On another note, I'm gonna be updating faceclaims and will have the directory filed out for the recently approved characters ASAP.

Xanatos

I'll be claiming Gina Carano for my first character. She fits the bill for my lass, all but perfectly. Although, my character will have solid black hair.

Warlock

Quote from: Black Howling on June 02, 2015, 04:57:16 PM
As a concept yes, though the player of sloth will have to stamp their approval on the matter. I don't make a habit of answering for other people, so might message Presta about that.

I've sent a message his way.

On another note, been thinking about the magical powers MC might posses so some input on the following power would be good. Gives me something to do until the rest of the character can be started in full.

Powers:
Shadow Stuff: Use shadows to create quasi-physical things. The more complex or larger the shadow. Using shadows makes them smaller or nonexistent. Can use own shadow to alter physical appearance, consuming it in the process.

Edit: Think I'd split the power into two parts, Shadow Conjuration and Shadow Veil.

Shadow Conjuration: Use shadows to create quasi-physical items.

Shadow Veil: Use a person's own shadow to alter physical appearance. As long as this power is active the being casts no shadow of his/her own.

Limitations:

-Imperfection:  While not readily apparent at only a cursory expection, there's always a sense of wrongness when inspecting things created from using either Shadow Conjuration or Veil. It may not be any physical difference between an item and a shadow copy, yet there is still something unplaceable that tell them apart. Extreme emotions, expectations and the like by the observer may affect this, example: A starving human receiving a shadow sandwich would happily gobble it up and not notice anything.

-Psychological Component: Since they're only partially 'real', the Shadow magic relies upon the expectations of the target to compensate to produce the full effect. A shadow gun's shadow bullets does not inflict the same damage a normal gun's would, but when they hit there's still the same pain felt because the target expected it to hurt a certain amount and so it did. While recognizing a shadow item for what it truly is, say through Imperfection, reduces the effect there's still a subconscious element to the belief that's harder to remove and would require an iron will to control. Sheer ignorance, mindlessness are also possible defences.

-Mechanical: The shadows can't be used to replicate electrical function or conduct it, so even if you created for a USB cable nothing would happen if you inserted it into a computer. Moving parts and component parts are however fully possible, this include the aforementioned gun, collapsible furniture, intricate locks, books or a trebuchet. You could technically create a shadow waterwheel that converted mechanical energy to electric through a normal device however.

-Knowledge: Limited only by imagination and a working knowledge of how the item functions and why. Swords are sharp because their pointy ends are thin would be enough to create a sword analogue while more complex items requires a deeper knowledge. For a trebuchet you'd need to know how the arm length is related to the weight hanging at the top end, how the base functions to provide stability, etc

Feel that both Imperfection and Psychological Component reflects the nature of Sloth fairly good, since they're countered by vigilance and being active. A bored guard might quickly look at a shadow ID, find nothing wrong and allow the bearer in. Someone who simply sees a gun in the shadow user's hand will be in a world of hurt, since they rely upon learned behavior and didn't question the nature of things. Imperfection also reflects that the thing wasn't completed and only created till the point it functioned, which I'd say fits well into the theme of Sloth.

Lynnie

GnothiSeauton

And since it's been approved, in case anyone might be persuaded to do up some connected characters/underlings... (I have an idea for an evil leprechaun side kick if anyone wants it...)

~ ~ ~  Governess Avarice Greed ~ ~ ~

Character Name:  Avarice Greed
Alias / Nickname:  Greed.  The Greedy One.  The Rich Bitch.  The Baddest Bitch in All the Realm.  Lady Luck.
Face Claim:  Natalie Dormer
Age:  Older than time.  Unknown.  Appears late twenties, mid thirties.
Sexuality:  Omnisexual
Caste:  Prime

Physical Description:  The Lady of Greed stands at a respectable height of five foot ten.  Her long, hair of a golden hue is always kept neat and orderly, perfected and straight.  Blue eyes have been known to darken to a shade of gold when her desire and lust for something is heightened.  No birthmarks or scars cover her body, though she does have tattoos upon her flesh.  A mark of a Dragon is upon the back of her neck, as well as a tulip upon her inner thigh. 

Personality:  Avarice is not a demon to be trifled with.  She is a calculating and often brutal woman of business.  Anything and everything is looked at and approached from a business eye, for she has very, very few individuals she considers herself close to.  She is a master manipulator, enjoying the thrill of toying and turning an individual to “the dark side”.  At times she can be cruel and sadistic, and at times submissive, all in order to get what she wants.  When Avarice wants something, when her desire for something can not be quelled, she will stop at nothing to have what she wants, with little regard to those in her way.

History within Nalerius:  Avarice came to Nalerius, leaving the mortal world she loved so dear with her influence over the mindless sheep, with one single thing in mind:  an opportunity.

It was with the absence of her brother that Avarice, the Lady of Greed, the demon obsessed with wanting it all, came to Nalerius and quickly took control over the power vacuum left in place by her brother's absence.  The master manipulator worked her way through the heirarchy of the City of Nightmares with ease, brokering alliances and ruining a great deal of individuals, all to climb to the top of the power structure in Nalerius, or rather, as far as one could go with Melfic in control.

Nalerius has grown under her authority, flourishing and strengthening with her power and command.  Secrets and souls kept her in place and kept the city under her little thumb with a relative ease.  Though her brother, Vergil, has come back, wanting to claim the seat of power for himself once again, she is determined to not let him have it, even at the expense of her desire for the Treasure, and all of it's wealth and influence.   

Weapons:  A coin of gold, and a coin of silver.  See “Magical Abilities/Powers” for further explanation.

Magical Abilities/Powers  Avarice's main power and ability is the control of precious metals.  With nothing more than a thought, she can control the inanimate objects to her desires.  This includes shaping and morphing the metal into whatever she desires (but not increasing the amount of the metal, not without melding two things together).  With this power she can summon precious metallic objects, as well as give life to them in the form of golems of the precious metals.

On's and Off's:  Link  Open to anything.  Please PM me if it involves something on my No List.

Seeking New Stories

bubby

*Stabs the fuck outta her coffee, willing it to work.*

Going to try very hard to at least get a WIP out to yous guys before work later today.

Warlock

Think I'll make a face claim for Starfucked. Found this lovely fellow Swede thanks to Christa's Red Head thread.

bubby

Heartsink

Lady Lunarius

Ok just got home. I will be attempting to catch up on pm's and all that soon. Sorry ended up getting called in to cover a shift. 
LaLu's Delicious treats!

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 03, 2015, 04:34:57 PM
Ok just got home. I will be attempting to catch up on pm's and all that soon. Sorry ended up getting called in to cover a shift.

I'm off to work myself, so just PM me whatever changes should be made if any, as well as ANY plot type ideas you might have to enhance the char History.

Rel Mayer

So I am noticing that there are a few characters from the SINs game being ported over. I am assuming this is ok and I can maybe revive an old character o wanted to play? :D

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 03, 2015, 04:40:36 PM
So I am noticing that there are a few characters from the SINs game being ported over. I am assuming this is ok and I can maybe revive an old character o wanted to play? :D

So long as they are fitted to work in this game we're more than ok with people using characters from other games. As long as they are your creations.

Some of us who're in a Rogues Fortune, (Which is/was a sister game to this) are bringing our Characters in that games Nalerius over here as we decided it was big enough to carry on, on its own. ^_^
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 03, 2015, 04:42:26 PM
So long as they are fitted to work in this game we're more than ok with people using characters from other games. As long as they are your creations.

Some of us who're in a Rogues Fortune, (Which is/was a sister game to this) are bringing our Characters in that games Nalerius over here as we decided it was big enough to carry on, on its own. ^_^
Of course! I was planning on making some modifications to make her fit in this world.

:)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 03, 2015, 05:50:13 PM
Of course! I was planning on making some modifications to make her fit in this world.

:)

Sounds great!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

I also wanna take this moment to direct those who've been accepted (and even those in limbo with their Characters.) To the OOC Thread

Feel free to chat and cause chaos over there, and make bonds and wars and what ever else. If you have questions you can still post them here, because if you have them chances are, other people have the same questions. ^_^

I'm so excited for this game.!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Eternal Blade

~ ~ ~  Gale Played by Eternal Blade ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Gale(His true name was forgotten, even by his father)
Alias / Nickname: Prince of Darkness
Face Claim:  Dominic Strange
Sexuality:  Heterosexual; surprisingly.
Racial Class Blood Reaver; Dragon Type
Caste: Prime(Obviously)

Physical Description:  Gale corporeal form is easily as tall as his father, though his build is somewhat leaner. His raven hair is long, and many would call his features more pretty than handsome. His eyes often switch between blue with with normal pupils, and red with vertical slit pupils like that of a reptile. No scars mare his form, though a red birthmark in an esoteric design brands much of his upper back. His incorporeal dragon form is red with black scales that seem to absorb light rather than reflect it, and the earth of any dimension he’s been to has weeps blood whenever he has taken it.

Personality:  Refined, Gentlemanly, Heroic, Cold, Malicious, and Ruthless. All of these and more could define Gale’s personality, depending on his whim, and who you asked. Two things are certain, however. In his eyes all beings(other than his father)are lesser beings that fall in two categories; resources and entertainment. The other being, for lack of a better word, is an inhuman demeanor that seems to float just below the visage of his refined speech and elegant manners.

History within Nalerius:  Gale is the unholy halfbreed son of the Demon King, Melfico, and heir to his legacy. However, long ago they were separated by a great cataclysm, and while his father thought Gale dead; he had simply been in stasis until he could recover from his wounds. After awakening, he heard rumor of a land of nights, and the reimagined legend of the Demon King. This sparked his interest, and he set off to find Nalerius.

That in it’s own right took some time as Gale had to learn the customs of modern humanity, but he succeeded in his quest. Now’s he’s late for an important appointment with his father, and it’s bad form to keep the Demon King waiting.

Weapons:  He can create any weapon known to man with his own blood, or the blood of another(see powers below), but he has another weapon, one any true demon would know on sight no matter what form it took. The Demon’s Fang, the fabled weapon the first Demon King used to bring all of demonkind under his banner. His father obviously has no use for such a weapon, and gave it to Gale as a gift. Gale can no longer remember what the occasion was.

Magical Abilities/Powers

Blood Reaving: Being a half breed, Gale did not inherit the exact powers of his father, but they mirror his in a gruesome way. Any time he wounds a being with an injury that bleeds, the wound will not heal without supernatural aid from an unwounded party, and will feed Gale with energy, increasing his already impressive physical attributes.

Blood Forging: Gale’s body houses a limitless supply of blood, and with this blood he can forge any weapons or armor he’s mastered the use of. With more concentration he forge much more complicated works, all powered by his blood.

Dark Charm: Women want to listen to Gale, they want to fall at his feet, and worship the ground he walks on. This is by no means a compulsion, and it isn’t really subtle. Gale also has no control over it, and it’s always active. It simply creates a desire in females to be his.
Note: Desire, not mind control. The ability is not hard to resist for those with a strong will(PC’s and any gm controlled NPC’s).

Void Step: Gale is a child of the void, raised and trained in a place where darkness shines brightest. He can shift through darkness and shadows, leaving an afterimage in his place. Many have thought, for just a second that they had slain him, only to see the after image dissipate before their eyes, and feel a blade pressing into the soft flesh at their throat.

One Hundred Demons: This is how many demonic spirits are still bound to the Demon’s Fang after all these eons. Demons sworn to serve the Demon King are always with Gale, whispering into his ear, sometimes with sage advice, other times with pure malicious intent. However, these demons can also manifest to serve as bodyguards, soldiers, or any number of other services. Gale doesn’t like to rely on this ability, he’s already lost hundreds of demons once bound to the sword, and getting demons to swear eternal fealty is no easy task.

On's and Off's:  My preferences list is by a large a cluttered mess, and might as well serve as one big joke. Gale is up for most things, and by and large has tasted every pleasure and indulgence one can have with a woman. He’s dominant by nature, and could never allow himself to be in any other role.

Haloriel

-squints at this game-

... Would it be completely impossible to I DUNNO, submit an angelic character that has:

A. Recently fallen or was ejected from heaven's grace for some reasoning (I'm sure there are half a million possible crimes)
B. On the very edge of losing herself to darkness and could just use a shove

Just a thought.  Also hi.  :-)

Black Howling

Quote from: Haloriel on June 03, 2015, 11:34:15 PM
-squints at this game-

... Would it be completely impossible to I DUNNO, submit an angelic character that has:

A. Recently fallen or was ejected from heaven's grace for some reasoning (I'm sure there are half a million possible crimes)
B. On the very edge of losing herself to darkness and could just use a shove

Just a thought.  Also hi.  :-)

Yes it most certainly is possible! I don't see such a character having time to adjust to her newer form enough to have a high ranking caste, but the concept is yummy. And yes, it perfectly fits.

Also, hi back! :-)

Haloriel

Quote from: Black Howling on June 03, 2015, 11:37:57 PM
Yes it most certainly is possible! I don't see such a character having time to adjust to her newer form enough to have a high ranking caste, but the concept is yummy. And yes, it perfectly fits.

Also, hi back! :-)

A new person in the City of Nightmares?  Nah, that wouldn't be high ranked at all, totally agree with you.  ;)

I was looking stuff over and assuming that kind of character would probably start as ... -peers at ranks-

Omega likely, or if very lucky a Beta?

I'm assuming something akin to an first sphere angel.  Probably a devotee to either chastity or humility for the sake of irony as it is they are opposites of the cardinal sins of pride and lust.  Then, demoted to watch over humanity due to the influence of pride, and probably got herself in trouble for falling for a demon (lust).

Black Howling

Quote from: Haloriel on June 03, 2015, 11:55:39 PM
A new person in the City of Nightmares?  Nah, that wouldn't be high ranked at all, totally agree with you.  ;)

I was looking stuff over and assuming that kind of character would probably start as ... -peers at ranks-

Omega likely, or if very lucky a Beta?

I'm assuming something akin to an first sphere angel.  Probably a devotee to either chastity or humility for the sake of irony as it is they are opposites of the cardinal sins of pride and lust.  Then, demoted to watch over humanity due to the influence of pride, and probably got herself in trouble for falling for a demon (lust).

Sounds like you have a really good concept going on here. I agree with the rankings, though with the sheet we'll know more. Though let me say that you have a good grasp on the hierarchy. I'm excited to see what you come up with here, and if you need any help just let me know.

With that all said, I THINK I have everything caught up. If I owe you a PM, or you don't find your claim updated, poke me on PM. I fell asleep on the GM job today and got behind. >_>

Haloriel

Quote from: Black Howling on June 04, 2015, 12:08:17 AM
Sounds like you have a really good concept going on here. I agree with the rankings, though with the sheet we'll know more. Though let me say that you have a good grasp on the hierarchy. I'm excited to see what you come up with here, and if you need any help just let me know.

With that all said, I THINK I have everything caught up. If I owe you a PM, or you don't find your claim updated, poke me on PM. I fell asleep on the GM job today and got behind. >_>
'

Thank you!  May I reserve Christina Hendricks as a Face Claim if she is not taken?

Black Howling

Quote from: Haloriel on June 04, 2015, 12:40:22 AM
'

Thank you!  May I reserve Christina Hendricks as a Face Claim if she is not taken?

Yes you most certainly can. And might I say, very very nice choice! I'll update the claims list now.

Haloriel

Quote from: Black Howling on June 04, 2015, 12:41:41 AM
Yes you most certainly can. And might I say, very very nice choice! I'll update the claims list now.

Yay, excellent.  I'll get working on my sheet, and thank you again for both the compliment and the user friendly sign up!

bubby

My broad, still a WIP
~ ~ ~ Odysseia Arch Demon of Wrath played by bubby ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Odysseia
Alias / Nickname: Crazy. Bitch. Crazy bitch.
Face Claim: Eva Green
Sexuality: Strictly Dick-ly

Physical Description: Standing at 5'10”, she is slender and toned, well muscled but not overly so to allow for feminine curves. Her hair is raven, her skin alabaster, her eyes emerald green. Her eyes will change to red when her rage comes forth.

History within Nalerius:  Please provide a few paragraphs about your character's history.  

Weapons: 

Sword: Named Nightmare, the blade is a vampiric blade and always seeks to take lives. It can kill without being unsheathed using  ghostly spirit tendrils that emanate from its blade, souls trapped within by an ancient magic,  but prefers to use its edge to draw blood. The sword is sentient and communes directly with its holders mind and encourages them to more violent acts than the situation calls for.

(pondering a nifty whip too, just need to research more.)

Magical Abilities/Powers

Resentment: Merely being in her presence can cause those around her to begin to harbor anger towards any who might have slighted them in some manner, no matter how small the cause.

Righteous Indignation: As her anger grows, her strength will increase, to the point where tossing a semi-truck or pulling out a massive tree from the ground (for example) would be quite easy for her.

Fury Storm: When in a full blown rage, she is capable of setting off a shock wave of destruction that can easily completely level a full city block.

On's and Off's: 
Characters Ons: Power, sword play, dominant men, those willing and wanting to give in to their anger.
Characters Offs: Being told to 'calm down'.
Players On/Offs

Black Howling

Quote from: Haloriel on June 04, 2015, 12:45:51 AM
Yay, excellent.  I'll get working on my sheet, and thank you again for both the compliment and the user friendly sign up!

Anytime! I do try to make things move smoothly. :D
Quote from: bubby on June 04, 2015, 02:33:36 AM
My broad, still a WIP
~ ~ ~ Odysseia Arch Demon of Wrath played by bubby ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Odysseia
Alias / Nickname: Crazy. Bitch. Crazy bitch.
Face Claim: Eva Green
Sexuality: Strictly Dick-ly

Physical Description: Standing at 5'10”, she is slender and toned, well muscled but not overly so to allow for feminine curves. Her hair is raven, her skin alabaster, her eyes emerald green. Her eyes will change to red when her rage comes forth.

Weapons:

Sword: Named Nightmare, the blade is a vampiric blade and always seeks to take lives. It can kill without being unsheathed using  ghostly spirit tendrils that emanate from its blade, souls trapped within by an ancient magic,  but prefers to use its edge to draw blood. The sword is sentient and communes directly with its holders mind and encourages them to more violent acts than the situation calls for.

(pondering a nifty whip too, just need to research more.)

Magical Abilities/Powers

Resentment: Merely being in her presence can cause those around her to begin to harbor anger towards any who might have slighted them in some manner, no matter how small the cause.

Righteous Indignation: As her anger grows, her strength will increase, to the point where tossing a semi-truck or pulling out a massive tree from the ground (for example) would be quite easy for her.

Fury Storm: When in a full blown rage, she is capable of setting off a shock wave of destruction that can easily completely level a full city block.

On's and Off's:
Characters Ons: Power, sword play, dominant men, those willing and wanting to give in to their anger.
Characters Offs: Being told to 'calm down'.
Players On/Offs
*Pounces the character and begins to nom on the nommy sheet.*

bubby

Quote from: Black Howling on June 04, 2015, 02:36:08 AM
*Pounces the character and begins to nom on the nommy sheet.*

HEY MEOW!!! *Yanks the sheet away, dabs at it with a cloth..* You'll get yer slobber all over it...

Black Howling

Quote from: bubby on June 04, 2015, 02:38:40 AM
HEY MEOW!!! *Yanks the sheet away, dabs at it with a cloth..* You'll get yer slobber all over it...

But I have magical wolf slobber that makes everything taste better, look better and function at full capacity.... No really!!

bubby

Quote from: Black Howling on June 04, 2015, 02:41:06 AM
But I have magical wolf slobber that makes everything taste better, look better and function at full capacity.... No really!!

*Lofts a brow.*

Haloriel

She looks lovely, bubby!  :-)  I hope I did correctly, sent my sheet over to all three of you folks (BH, LL, and GS).  Was not sure if I was supposed to put it here until just now ha.

Black Howling

Quote from: Haloriel on June 04, 2015, 03:10:29 AM
She looks lovely, bubby!  :-)  I hope I did correctly, sent my sheet over to all three of you folks (BH, LL, and GS).  Was not sure if I was supposed to put it here until just now ha.

It honestly doesn't matter where you send it. LOL But yes, if on PM send it to all three of us. I think most people who've posted their sheets here have only done such to try and hopefully garner some plottage with other characters before the game starts.

Xanatos

I might just post it here, for that reason. This game looks to prove very interesting, especially with character interactions. I can't wait to post my characters.

Orange Marmalade

bubby

Ok... I'd hope to finish up Wrath today, but allergies are sucking the life outta me, and tomorrow I have to go in early for work, so the remainder of this week is a bust. So I'll plan for finishing her up on Saturday. Sorry for the delay.

Sirian Eve

Heartsink

Quote from: bubby on June 04, 2015, 02:18:37 PM
Ok... I'd hope to finish up Wrath today, but allergies are sucking the life outta me, and tomorrow I have to go in early for work, so the remainder of this week is a bust. So I'll plan for finishing her up on Saturday. Sorry for the delay.

Just what you need...

Xanatos

The ironic thing is, that Flamethrowers are actually legal in certain states. I kid you not. Check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9DkciMTsLI

He lives in Georgia, where ALSO, old-obsolete tanks are also legal to own. AND can be driven on city streets. He has another vid of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkLaa9bogU

bubby

Lady Lunarius

Holy PM's batman. I go to bed and work for oh...12 hours and you guys rape my inbox and don't even let it bite the pillow.

I'll be returning PM's soon. I'm at 25 PM's guys ya'll suck/rock.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Haloriel

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 04, 2015, 05:29:23 PM
Holy PM's batman. I go to bed and work for oh...12 hours and you guys rape my inbox and don't even let it bite the pillow.

That image LOL.  Apologies for my part in the lack of pillow.  I might have needed it.  ;)

Sirian Eve

Oh good because I'm waiting on you Luna Lol

GnothiSeauton

Did you want more?

I could totes give some more :)

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Haloriel on June 04, 2015, 05:42:39 PM
That image LOL.  Apologies for my part in the lack of pillow.  I might have needed it.  ;)

Don't be stingy...I need it more.

Quote from: Sirian Eve on June 04, 2015, 05:49:07 PM
Oh good because I'm waiting on you Luna Lol

I'll be getting to you shortly darling. Gotta feed Howling and send him back to work.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 04, 2015, 05:55:22 PM
Did you want more?

I could totes give some more :)

Mmm as long as they're deliciously filled with plot bunnies that will make me giggle like Snape getting a nude pic of Lily. >.>
LaLu's Delicious treats!

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lynnie

Haloriel

Okay okay ....

-lets Lunarius have the perfect, plush tempurpedic pillow-

O:)

Lynnie

Black Howling

<~~ GM Announcement ~~>

Opening Event - The Mysterious Plague:

It was first brushed off as something concocted by the lower echelons as a tool of fear. A tool to bring the higher class down to their slums, bringing them extra supplies and aid. That assumption was a mistake. Believable or not, a plague is sweeping through Nalerius, a plague specifically targeted against the creatures of darkness. It's origin has proved untraceable thus far, like a ghost disease eating away at the city's true citizens. Mortals have proved to be unaffected by the contagion, a fact that only worries the People of Nalerius even more. Is this another attack from the so called Beings of Heaven, a natural calamity from the city's unnatural union, or has one of their own attacked the heartland to sink their fangs into the throne?

When a Prime on the Council of Primogen falls Victim to the Plague, it's a question that everyone will have to ask......

And that's the teaser for the first IC Plot Arc! As stated in the Q/A, these plots are typically optional, which does include this one despite the way it's worded. Each IC thread will have the current event listed in the first or second post, along with basic hints and tips that people can follow in game to try and get themselves and others involved. Most of these scenes will be GM run, so be warned of that, though I'm not opposed to the events being used to further your own personal plots.

That brings us to the second part of this little announcement. We've finally got an estimate for the official IC launch, and it's happening sooner then you might think! The Current plan will be to launch the threads tomorrow evening, Friday 06/05/2015. This is in no way a fire being lit under those that are still working on their sheets! I would still prefer you took your time on them to ensure you get the character you want to play.

IC Dates will be listed tomorrow as well, giving everyone a timeframe to play in. We're also gonna have a History thread for those of you that wish to Write out Encounters that have happened previous to the Game's IC Date.

If anyone has any concerns or Questions, don't hesitate to PM us.

Black Howling

Quote from: Xanatos on June 05, 2015, 12:02:15 AM
That plot sounds interesting.

Yep, and it's only the tip of the iceberg that leads to an even bigger plot! >:)

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Xanatos

Oh and I would like to Face Claim Elena Satine for my second character. And I promise I am almost done with my first character. Once you see her, you'll understand why its taken so long. >.<

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Xanatos on June 05, 2015, 01:42:49 AM
Oh and I would like to Face Claim Elena Satine for my second character. And I promise I am almost done with my first character. Once you see her, you'll understand why its taken so long. >.<

I think you're just teasing us.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Xanatos on June 05, 2015, 01:58:13 AM
-laughs- Am not. =P

To clarify for Howling: I think this is you doing it to us!!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Xanatos

Valkurn
Alpha / Valravn / No Position of Political Power
Norse Themed Warrior / Business Woman / Creationist

Valkurn

~ ~ ~  Valkurn, played by Xanatos ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Valkurn
Alias / Nickname: Valravn, Valravn Incarnate, Night Warrior, The Consumer of Flesh, The Consumer of Souls, The Black Scourge, The Blackest Raven,
Face Claim: Gina Carano
Race: Raven (Valravn)
Sexuality: Bi-sexual
Occupation: Unofficial Soul Farmer, Breeder of Any Mortal Design Desired, Crafter of Exotic Draughts

Physical Description

Valkurn can take on the guise of many forms. Her true form is that of a Raven, but she doesn't use her true form often – unless needing to fly. After gaining sentience, she preferred to roam the world in the form of a Humanoid. Her 'normal' Human form is that of a physically sculpted woman. With lithe curves accentuating her obvious, but, tasteful musculature. She stands at 5'11”. In ancient times, she was a most imposing figure. Even in modern times, she is easily intimidating. Tall women are not a common sight.

Her skin is pale, looking white in low lighting. She has shimmering black hair. Which glints blue, green, or purple depending on how the light hits it. Her eyes are solid black void-like orbs that give the sense of staring into nothingness, yet feeling as if one's life might somehow be drained away if staring into them for too long.

She has one curved marks that 'slash' across her left eye. (This is in her normal form)

Valkurn, has vampire-like canines, which she can use to draw blood when biting into someone or something.

Valkurn prefers to wear black clothing. But will wear white, purples, and reds. Always clad in one solid color. Her taste is usually, ancient, as she tends to wear leather hauberks, armor, and styles of clothing back from the Norse period and other old times. Occasionally, she will be seen in more modern styles.

Personality

Valkurn is very intelligent, cunning, acutely aware, inquisitive, and sadistic. She  developed a mortal vice for sex – be it with a male or female or a supernatural of either gender. She savors blood almost as a delicacy. Valkurn enjoys watching a good fight – she abstains, often, from being in a fight herself (though she is more than capable of destroying many opponents).

Her attitude towards mortals has grown bleak over the centuries. Seeing them as little more than playthings to be used as she sees fit. She enjoys power, but is weary of what it creates in the hearts of others.

Having spent many life times living a life of destruction, Valkurn's tastes have shifted to more subtle flavors. She still enjoys wreaking some havoc on occasion, but one might say, that she has settled down.

History within Nalerius

Valkurn's story within Nalarius is one of a swift rise to power, though most wouldn't realize this, as she did so discreetly. Through cunning gained over centuries of existence, Valkurn quickly learned the ways of the city and how to live, survive, and thrive within it. Not sated with simply that, she concocted a scheme to gain more.

A powerful supernatural caught her eye. It had a particular types of skills and resources which interested her. Knowing that she could not simply kill this being, Valkurn decided to gain legitimacy for her planned assassination. Eventually, through much conniving, the Primogen council secretly provided her the defacto authority to assassinate the supernatural. It was the most appealing way to deal with this particular situation. If she had failed, the council could wash its hands of the matter. Upon success, all they might have had to deal with was, the lag time with the transfer of power.

Her scheme having succeeded, Valkurn feasted upon the beings body and gained all of its knowledge for herself. This propelled her to power in short order.

Now, she runs a private, and largely secret, 'empire' partially of her own creation and the continued creation of her 'predecessor'. Her most important contribution came, upon the secret deal she struck with Melifico himself – to provide more souls to sustain the city. Through a mortal farm, she reaps unclaimed souls, as well as souls for herself. She also produces Selectively Bred slaves to suit the particular tastes of any interested client. That and she creates exotic drinks or, Nectars, from mortals.

On top of that, Valkurn creates and maintains a rather large personal retinue of demonic servants. All can fight, but some have more varied skill-sets to suit the needs she requires them to fulfill.

Over the centuries, Valkurn has grown less violent and become more restrained. With her ever growing pool of knowledge, she understands the other equally as viable means to power. While violence is satiating, it isn't always the greatest means to an end – especially in a world that is largely politically motivated. Such as Nalerius.

Pre-Nalerius History

Valkurn was born the misty morning after a particularly nasty battle claimed the life of a king. Who had falken to a band of Norsemen. Valkurn, then only a mere Raven, fed upon the kings corpse. This granted her power, thus making her one of the mythical Valravn.

She had ascended to sentience during the earliest periods of the Norse culture, before its rise to power in the north and long before the people began to raid or colonize the world. By that time, Valkurn had already been old. She had founded a pagan cult, who followed and gave a form of worship to her. Others believed her to be the Raven, Muninn, who talked directly to Odin “allfather”. Through this cult, she controlled large swaths of the original Norse lands; though, held control from behind the scenes (her cult still exists in modern times, but is diminished). While somewhat vain and arrogant in her early days, Valkurn was always practical and eager to grow and better herself. Her cult was more than a vanity project. It allowed her to gain knowledge, gain power, and grow.

When the Norsemen went on their Vikings, the word for raiding or near equivalents, Valkurn grew thirsty for battle. She began to terrorize mainland Europe, but later shifted her sights to Eastern Europe. Having taken control of a powerful band of Varangians – the name given to Norsemen who had traveled down the eastern side of Europe and down into the Byzantine Empire – Valkurn eventually settled within the eastern half of the split Roman Empire. Known later in history, as the Byzantine Empire.

This lasted until their old rivals, the Ottomans defeated them once and for all. She disdained the Turks, as strange and unlike the mortals she had grown accustomed too. This saw her move into the Germanic region and the shattered former Roman Empire homeland.

During these years, she earned many names, one of her favorites being, The Black Scourge. It was largely during this period, that she developed a taste for blood. Literally. She enjoys drinking blood, especially those of any who fell before her – this taste later grew to blood drank from those she had sex with and the blood of supernatural creatures.

The tales of a hidden city of supernatural beings caught her attention, during this period. Valkurn discovered how to access it and eventually settled there. Growing quite pleased with it.

Armaments

Baleful Crowing: Her sword, Baleful Crowing, is an old Ulfberht (translation of the inscription +VLFBERH+T ). A Norse Longsword. It has gained 'magical' properties from having been in her possession for centuries.

When it is swung with intent, it emits a baleful noise that resembles a screeching cawing or crowing sound. She can swing it for fun or display and it will not emit any noise. Only when she seeks to harm another, does it come 'alive'.

-Bonded: The sword inexplicably bonded to her. When wielded by anyone but her, the sword weighs as if made of dense lead. The sword even refuses to be used. Making it all but impossible to use. If the sword is ever separated from her, she can sense its location and retrieve it.

-Honed Edge: The sword never dulls, thus never needs to be sharpened. That and it is so sharp, its edge so fine (though one would never notice by looking at it) that it can actually cleave through flesh, any known none-metal material (except diamond), and nearly all metals that are not magical in nature.

-Symbiotic Absorption: Unless a weapon can outright break this sword or wither it, among a select few other ways to destroy it, Baleful Crowing doesn't truly take damage. Instead, when it actually would suffer damage, Valkurn suffers the damage instead. If the sword were to somehow be outright destroyed in a single blow, Valkurn wouldn't harmed as the connection would be severed too quickly.

In turn, if she would suffer harm, the sword would 'suffer' half the damage. Unless this damage can destroy the sword, it either is undamaged or can be repaired if damage is sustained.

-Minor Precognition: When Valkurn empowers the sword with a stored soul, it then gives her minor precognition. She gets sensations and warnings that warn her to the possible actions undertaken by those around her. This should not be confused with full precognition. She is unable to perfectly predict actions. This use of a soul is very draining and the soul is burned up in a few minutes.

Death's Reach: Is a chain imbued with a soul to grant it magical power. It is not as powerful as her sword. It also being a newer addition to her person. The intent behind creating Death's Reach, despite its name, was more for use as a tool of ensnarement and capture.

-Extension: Death's Reach, when not activated, looks like an undersized chain that doesn't quite suit her look. However, when she activates it, the chain can magically extend itself out to twenty plus feet.

-Animate: Valkurn can animate and loose the chain to attack on its own. She uses this more for distraction than any real killing power.

-Resistant: The chain resists being damaged.

Valkurn's Warrior Regalia: Not strictly an armor, her Regalia, is crafted from the hide and feathers of another Valravn who tried to kill her. This regalia provides no special powers. It is for decoration. (As seen on cover picture)

Magical Abilities/Powers

Primary Powers (and or more potent)

Shapeshifting: Valkurn can shapeshift into any form the size of a Raven or as big as a Humanoid. This includes inanimate objects. Though inanimate objects are harder to maintain. She can maintain a living form indefinitely. She can change forms as quickly (though not instantly) or as slowly as she likes.

Soul Capture: Valkurn can steal a soul by looking into an intended victims eyes. This doesn't take long, but willful and stronger individuals can resist this longer. Looking away only works for so long, as she has a subtle hypnotic affect that worms its way into the mind of those who resist. Eventually forcing them to stare into her eyes until she captures their soul. She can store away souls within her body or make use of them externally – such as in the form of currency. (PC's and game important NPC's, for game purposes, are immune; unless otherwise stated)
-Soul Manipulation: Valkurn developed a few ways to manipulate souls over the centuries of her existence. She can only use one way on one soul at a time.
---Draugr: Once she captures a soul, if it belongs to a mortal, she can decide whether to make the mortal into a Draugr. They possess supernatural strength (about three times as strong as a mortal), can enlarge themselves (also increasing their mass), and can become wisps of smoke capable of moving through solid rock. They retain some of their former intelligence, but otherwise, are subject to her will.
---Empowerment: She can burn a soul to gain temporary empowerment of her body and or abilities (only one or the other). This usually lasts minutes to an hour, depending on the potency of the soul.
---Healing: She can burn a soul to heal wounds or cleanse her body. The stronger the soul, the more potent the healing or cleansing. She can also do the same for another, by touch.

Illusions: Valkurn can create potent illusions. Too the point, that her most powerful, are 'real'. Powerful beings would be least affected by her 'Manifested' (real) Illusions, but would be foolish to discount them, nevertheless. Valkurn prefers to use lesser illusions, not letting others know the fullest extent of her powers.

Secondary Powers (but not necessarily less potent)

Knowledge Siphon: By feasting on flesh, Valkurn can gain knowledge. She only gains the knowledge known by the person who's flesh she consumed. Meaning, she cannot spontaneously know something or anything. She does not have to slay an individual. She can cut away strips or chunks and this works just as well.

Kin Control: Valkurn can control any of her kin. Aka, Ravens and Crows. They are also attracted to her. They will flock to her and actively protect her like one of their own, without any need of her to manipulate them. Crows, especially, are known to be vindictive creatures, and repay anything they feel as cruelty (as best an animal can anyway) with aggressive pay back. She uses her kin as spies to keep her in the know of what is going on around her.

Extraordinary Body: Valkurn's body, in all ways, has grown stronger and stronger over the centuries of her existence. Once, she was a mere Raven, a frail and easily shattered creature. No longer. She is supernaturally strong, fast, durable, and her senses are highly honed. She has an iron will and can react much more quickly to things going on around her.

Creationist

After assassinating and consuming the supernatural being shortly after her arrival within the city, Valkurn gained the knowledge of how to create life and infuse different life essences to create new beings. She can also create other things, such as the plant life existing within her domain. She has used this to cement her position. By creating appealing mortal toys, creating a personal 'army', among other things.

This has become one of her most important skills, aside from her skill in combat. It has allowed her to become more than she otherwise could have within a society that frowns upon and or punishes infighting.

Business

The front for her official business-side is called Mortal Design. The part that she lets others know about is the Selective Breeding of mortals for clients who seek to have a slave tailored to their particular tastes. That and her exotic drinks.

Valkurn will manipulate a mortals genes, first through the careful selection of parents, and then through the use of supernatural means. These bred mortals are not artificially aged, but since time is not much of an object to immortal beings, it rarely ever proves an issue for clients. She is careful to provide only the best and most well cared for mortals. Offering the slave once it attains sexual maturity.

She also offers training services, if the client doesn't wish to train the slave themselves.

Her draughts, named Felasio and Cunilasio, as one might guess from the name, are crafted from the bodily fluids of mortal males and females. While bizarre drinks, both proved a hit among the supernatural crowd.

Behind the scenes, she also breeds mortals to fuel the city with souls and provide her with souls for her own personal use. These two aspects, are carefully guarded secrets. Few, aside from Melifico, know this and she keeps it that way.

Modern Design is located, roughly, on the outskirts of the city. On a large plot of land. It is rather unique, in that it looks more like a part of the city overgrown by mystical looking vegetation. Near the city, is the public structure of Modern Design. Where bred mortals are designed and displayed and or sold. In the same structure is her tasting suite and where her draughts are sold.

Deeper within the land, is her secured compound. Where the mortals are bred and raised. As well as her main place of residence. Her Dravema are a very common sight in all parts of the grounds. Patrols are common and in force. Intruders are dealt with swiftly. Either captured or killed.

Personal Retinue

Valkurn maintains a large retinue of created demonic-type creatures. They are called, Dravema. They serve her as elite soldiers. Every last one can fight, and fight will skill and dedication. Yet, each is also trained in other skill-sets to fulfill varying roles.

The original Dravema were created from loyal cultists she had from the mortal world. The more recent ones, have been bred from the original Dravema.

They are all unfailingly loyal, by design, and serve till death. Their souls, she owns through 'contract'. As, they swear their souls to her.

As part of their creation, when a Dravema dies, the body heats up to unbearable levels. Disintegrating the body and any items on it. Leaving behind scorch marks on the ground. A Dravema can mentally commit suicide if they believe they must – such as to evade capture or protect a secret (though few know any of her secrets).

Dravema: This is the name given to Valkurn's demonic creations.

Loyal Bound: All Dravema are loyal to her. This is ensured as part of their creation.

Demonic Fortitude: Dravema have considerable physical attributes. They are very strong and tough. Valkurn tolerates nothing less.

Heightened Senses: All of a Dravema's senses are highly developed. They can see in darkness equally as well as in the light.

Lover

While Valkurn is not a monogamous being, often sleeping with others, she does have a highly preferred lover. Regara. Generally, when she seeks to slake her lust, she does so with Regara. (See Regara's char sheet for more details)

Pet

Valkurn, on a journey back into the mortal realm to see how it had changed (after being in Nalerius for a few centuries), took a liking to a Tibetan Mastiff. She brought it back and infused it with demonic essence to prolong its life and make it a more appropriate pet for a realm such as Nalerius.

She named it, Thor. The Mastiff is aggressive and very protective and loyal to Valkurn. It is friendly to Regara and takes awhile to warm up to guests. While it is aggressive, it is well trained, and will not attack anyone unless commanded too or Valkurn has been attacked.

On's and Off's

'Mundane' On's - Power, Knowledge, Bettering One's self, Males and Females, Fighting, Blood.

'Mundane' Off's – Facing Melficio Nalificarum in a fight (She is flat out not afraid to admit to herself, and a select few others, that she would rather submit or flee, than fight the fearsome ruler of the city).

Sexual On's/Off's: See my O/O's. https://www.f-list.net/c/darkxanatos/

Hooolllyyy crraapp... I'm done with my first character. I went overboard. Kinda hate myself right now -chuckles-. Let me know if she is too much. I'm not sure; though, I did discuss a good bit of it with Black Howling. The powers might be much, though, maybe not. *shrugs* Now... to work on the second character -dies-.

Hope you don't mind me using your coding Lockpicke. It was awesomeness. I had to copy. Though, I did tweak it more to my liking at the same time. *chuckles*

Edit: I've done some minor editing, which may or may not be worth noting.

Edit: Added in more detail on her ability to create things. It was already there. I had just forgotten to elaborate on it more. As it had been mostly just vague statements.

Heartsink

Great character Xanatos :o definitely a rival to watch out for :P

Xanatos

Thanks Heartsink. Your character is interesting too. I like the picture you chose.

Sirian Eve

Well my profile is definitely a work in progress. I'm liking it though.

Xanatos

Regara
(Alpha) Status Dependent / Dragon-type / No Position of Political Power
Fire and Norse themed Warrior / Succubi/Dragon / Vassal to Valkurn

Regara

~ ~ ~  Regara, played by Xanatos ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Regara
Alias / Nickname: Dracubi (Only a nickname Valkurn knows/uses), Daughter of Odin, Mistress of Fire, Dragon
Face Claim: Elena Satine
Race: Ara-Dragona (Dragon-type)
Sexuality: Heterosexual, Semi-Forced Lesbian
Caste: Alpha (Her status, for the time being, is dependent upon Valkurn.)
Occupation: Valkurn's Vassal, Overseer of the Cattle, Overseer of Valkurn's Retinue

Physical Description

Her natural form is that of an anthropomorphic Dragon-type. She has the upper body of a Humanoid with the lower body of a Dragon. She is very large. Standing on all four legs, she is seven feet and two inches tall and five feet long. When standing straight up on her back legs, she is 12 feet tall, give or take, as she can't actually stand perfectly straight on her hind legs. She weighs in at an astounding seven hundred and thirty two pounds of pure unadulterated musculature.

Her lower half is a mottled red and gold. With much of her body being scaled. What isn't scaled, is covered in a thick leathery hide that is nigh impossible to cut into with anything but a magical blade or an advanced cutting item – such as a plasma torch. Her upper half is a light bronze color on the torso and underside of the arms. The top-side, being the mottled red and gold. With copper colored hair. Her eyes are the same copper color.

Each leg ends in vicious clawed feet that can grip items like hands. She has a long, thick, and powerful tail that can be used as a weapon if needed. Her claws can slice through metal with ease.

Regara had the essence of a Succubi fused into her, by her former master, and became immensely alluring, as a result. She also gained Succubi-like powers.

Species (Ara-Dragona): Ara-Dragona is an anthropomorphic species of Dragon-type that are naturally hermaphroditic. The race exists in a different realm, but because the species can shapechange, like a true-Dragon, they were able to interact with mortals throughout the ages.

Genital Details: Her scrotum, like with reptiles and some other species, is not visible. Being within the body, instead of without. Her shaft is housed within a pouch-like sheath that is clearly visible and protrudes a bit from above her vagina. When in her natural form, she doesn't hide anything; except perhaps her breasts, as she can wear clothing on her torso.

Humanoid Form: When she needs to be more compact (and or lighter), she prefers to shift into the form of a winged woman. Her hair is a fiery orange-red. She has leathery dragon-like wings, and a prehensile tail that is covered in fine, smooth, scales. The body of choice is voluptuous. Fitting the myth of a Succubi – whether more modern and or one imagined by daring men.

She retains her hermaphroditic nature, as she is not ashamed of it. Nor does she feel the need to hide it. However, she might shift from a sheathed penis to the Human form. Depending on mood. 

Personality

Regara is strong willed, often aggressive, sly, and intelligent. She has become a bit more submissive, due to her time of enslavement. It broke her, somewhat, and now she is more willing to submit – where before, she would have balked at the concept.

To an extent, Regara is rediscovering herself after so long in enslavement. While she clearly remembers her past, she feels disconnected from it. Currently, Valkurn is her anchor. While she would never openly show uncertainty, to anyone but Valkurn, deep down, she questions if she is even herself any longer.

This causes her to lash out at times, usually when having sex with mortals. Whom, can't fight back. She wants control and is clawing her way back to a sense of self reliance, determination, and the strength to never let anyone enslave her again. She would rather die.

History within Nalerius

Regara was born in another realm, not apart of the mortal world.

Desiring to discover what the mortal world was about, Regara ventured to the world and found herself in the far north, within the Norse lands. In short order, she had several tribes fearing and worshiping her control over fire. Since fire was of great importance to the Norse, they naturally saw great power in her and thought her a daughter of Odin (others saw her as a daughter of Njörðr). While some still, thought her a powerful servant of the gods. Come to bless Humanity with the gift of fire.

Regardless of who the people thought she was, Regara took a liking to their devotion. She began thinking about growing her power, when she was suddenly confronted by a Raven who could take the form of a Human. Her initial dismissal of a 'magical' Raven, almost cost her life in that first encounter. Valkurn, was far more brutal in those days, then she is now, but was openly enamored with Regara and spared her life.

This began a 'relationship' of animosity and infatuation that neither truly knew what to do with. They were more or less enemies who both wanted Scandanavia, or at least the worship of the people. Yet, neither was willing to commit to a fight to the death. Instead, they fought a few times, never going beyond a few wounds before one would leave. Eventually, they realized they both could be more or less equally worshiped through the whole of the land without truly usurping the other. This realization, brought their strange and awkward relationship to the level of a cool friendship.

Before it could grow more, Regara was captured by a powerful supernatural from a mysterious hidden city. Regara was enslaved and experimented upon. She spent the next centuries, languishing in a state of continual pain, hate, and loathing. It was during this time, that she was infused with the essence of a live Succubi. Regara still remembers the agonized screams of the Succubus who had her life slowly ripped from her.

Then, suddenly, Valkurn appeared. Claiming that she now owned everything the supernatural being had once possessed. Claiming to have killed it. At first, Regara thought Valkurn would keep her a slave and simply carry on where her old master had left off. Instead, Valkurn freed her. Then revealed her lust for her. Regara didn't question at first, far too overjoyed at being freed.

Over time, Regara came too two realizations. The first, feeling like she was still a slave. Just one with far fewer restrictions and one free of a cage. Second, that she actually might just love Valkurn. She is very much on the rocks about this. Regara is almost afraid, that she doesn't nearly resent Valkurn, as much as she wants to think she does.

Their relationship aside, Valkurn has placed Regara as the head of her force of Drevema. Regara relishes this position. Enjoying the feeling of power and combat once more. Regara also plays bodyguard for Valkurn at times. Often in her natural dragon-form, towering over her lover. Acting the imposing force. Ready to crush any who threaten Valkurn.

Armaments

Tre av fire (rough Norwegian translation for, Tree of Fire). Is a long spear. Tre av fire is a long spear crafted for her among her people's smiths. This spear provides her with great reach in a fight.

Fire Core: She can charge the core to store fire and then unleash it in bursts, waves, lines, cones, or upon connection to another weapon, or all of it in a fiery blast. The core can store fire of any color.

Dragon Forged: When struck by another weapon, Tre av fire resists damage and strikes back with vengeance. The spear sends a violent vibration through the striking weapon and into the wielder. If the opposing wielder is quick enough, they might be able to avoid the retribution, but it might also cost them an advantage in having to relent so quickly. By leaving themselves open. Tre av fire is unbreakable unless a weapon is powerfully enchanted.

Morph: Tre av fire can morph in size and the blade and shaft can extend in size or shrink in size. If Regara so desires, she can turn Tre av fire into a sword, but she disdains such limited range and only uses it when she must.

One Ruler: Tre av fire was forged for Regara and only her. Any who try to use it, will be consumed in purple fire. Others can hold it, but when they try to use it with a purpose, is when they will be immolated. This does not require souls to activate. It is an intrinsic part of the spear.

Magical Abilities/Powers

Primary Powers (and or more potent)

Soul Drain: Due to the Succubi Essence fused with her, she can drain a soul by touch. However, she can only drain the souls of mortals or lesser supernatural creatures. More powerful beings are immune to her soul drain. She cannot form drained souls into a useable form, such as currency, but she can use souls to empower herself and the few of her Succubi abilities.
---Lust Aura: When she burns a soul, Regara can create an aura that creates lust in those nearby. The intensity is dependent upon the power of the soul. She can cause the focus to bend towards her, but not entirely. Those who do bend to her, are susceptible to listening and or doing as she wants, to a point. However, for the most part, it simply causes lust, and those effected, are mostly free to act upon it as they will.
---Addictive Bodily Fluids: Regara can make her fluids addictive to any who drink it. (PC;s and important NPC's are immune, unless otherwise stated). Those who become addicted, inevitably fall under her sway, unless they can break the addiction. The addiction is not affected by duration of a burned soul. Only time and or dosage alters the addiction. Her fluids remain addictive for several hours per soul burned. Only one soul can be burned at any given time.
---Endowment: After burning a soul, Regara's touch can endow a body with greater form. She can enlarge or shrink any genitalia, as well as any part of the body. She can enhance or degrade a persons looks. This does not change the innate looks of a person, merely enhancing or degrading what they already have. Nor does it cause any permanent harm or damage. This lasts a few hours. This is only really effective on willing or unaware individuals. Those who resist, will almost always fend off the effects. Mortals are at her mercy, concerning this power, however.

She can also, use a mortals soul to strengthen herself, make herself resistant to damage, make her other abilities (none-Soul Drain abilities) more potent.

Dragon Fire: Regara can summon fire from her mouth, like Dragon's of lore. However, she can take it a step further. She can control and manipulate the fire in different shapes and forms. She can also create fire of different colors of the base spectrum. Purple being the hottest, with red being the least hot (contrary to popular belief, red is actually the coolest color in the color spectrum).

Her fire, however, requires oxygen as a fuel to power it. Meaning, if there is low or no oxygen, her fire will not ignite or extinguish after leaving her mouth. This also has the nasty side-effect/possibility of using up enough or all of the available oxygen. Leading to suffocation – of even herself. For this reason, Regara is careful not to go overboard with her fire. Especially when in enclosed spaces. When outside, she shows much less restraint.

The hotter the fire, the more oxygen it consumes. Thus, she compensates in two ways. By summoning less fire or by using cooler colored fire.

Regara is immune to her own fire.

Draconic Might: Regara is quite strong, naturally. With her bare hands/claws, she can crush steel and turn living matter into goo. Regara, being a Dragon-type, has naturally resilient hide that resists harm. One must possess a magical weapon or a super-heated flame to puncture her hide. While she is immune to her own fire, she is not immune to fire created by others. Instead, she has a resistance to other fire. She is also shockingly fast. Her muscles are corded masses of brawn that can propel her to high speeds.

Secondary Powers (but not necessarily less potent)

Blind Sight: Even if blinded for any reason, Regara can still see through a combination of vibrational senses and heat detection.

Shapeshift: Regara can shapeshift into any form Humanoid sized form or bigger. This includes inanimate objects. Twice her size is the max. She, however, cannot shift into forms smaller than a large dog (such as a Golden Retriever). She can shift quickly or slowly between shapes at her whim.

Relationship

Regara is a Hermaphrodite and that is a big reason why Valkurn keeps her as a lover. Valkurn sees Regara as the perfect lover. She has, breasts, a penis and a vagina. Thus a complete package.

For her part, Regara is a somewhat reluctant party in the love affair. She feels deep gratitude for Valkurn freeing her from her cruel master and enjoys the sex, but she also feels used at times. Valkurn is not always the most attentive and can be a bit cruel herself. However, Regara feels Valkurn is growing on her. So for now, she is mostly happy with the relationship.

That, and she is not averse to the lifestyle she is afforded by being the lover to a powerful woman.

Neither practice monogamy and both sleep with other partners. Each see the other as the primary partner, with any other as an unimportant fling for when they want a change, or in Regara's case, when Valkurn is unavailable.

Regara is very dominant when with someone other than Valkurn. She often vents her frustrations or desire for control on her, sometimes, unfortunate partner. Usually this partner is a hapless mortal, occasionally injured (rarely, but sometimes killed), or a low ranking supernatural who she can use without fear of being ensnared by. 

Valkurn's Retinue

Valkurn placed Regara as head of her personal forces. Regara relishes the position. Though she does not see much combat, she enjoys the sensation of leading once again. Reminding her of her time back in Scandanavia, leading her worshipers in battle. While the Dravema are loyal only to Valkurn, they follow Regara's orders - so long as those orders do not go against Valkurn or her interests.

Overseer of the Cattle

Valkurn placed Regara, also, as head of her farm operations. Valkurn remains very active, so Regara's power of authority is limited. But when Valkurn is not present, Regara is empowered to make decisions. Regara overseers breeding, soul reaping (for the city and for Valkurn), as well as fluid production for the exotic draughts. As a perk, and as a benevolent gesture from Valkurn, Regara is allowed to reap some souls from the mortal cattle for herself.

On's and Off's

On's and Off's:

Mundane On's: Power, Control, Domination, Combat,

Mundane Off's: Being controlled (except by Valkurn), Being powerless,

Sexual On's: See my O/O's. https://www.f-list.net/c/darkxanatos/

Here is my second character! Huzzah! The pair of lovers are complete.

I'll work on changing the template for you guys, since I got carried away with the one I used for both chars.

Edit: Its been PMed.

Warlock

Think I'll pull out for the moment, can't get a solid character from the initial concept, still like it but not sure how to use it.

bubby

Lynnie

Yay awaiting last approval since bubby approved me being her right hand :)

Black Howling

Pshh, you got two approvals dork, and I haven't heard any objections from Gnothi who is super busy. Post the sheet! :p

bubby

Black Howling

Xanatos

Any ETA on my two gals? I know their sheets turned out massive, though. Surprised even me. So, I know its a lot to absorb.

GnothiSeauton

I'll be around tonight.

Dealing with some personal issues the past day or two. I'll be around tonight to look over sheets and stuff.

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Quote from: Xanatos on June 06, 2015, 01:56:53 PM
Any ETA on my two gals? I know their sheets turned out massive, though. Surprised even me. So, I know its a lot to absorb.

Well I've been looking them over today when the chances arise, but Luna and Gnothi have been buried in other projects. I don't foresee it taking too much longer to get the ball rolling.

Xanatos

Cool, cool. Thanks Howling and Gnothi. I work from 1:30 to 10:30pm today anyway, so its not like I can be in a rush, heh. Couldn't do anything if I wanted too.

Oh and Howling, I read your game posts. Very well written. Got some quality writers in this one. I very much look forward to this game if I am approved.

Lynnie

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 06, 2015, 01:59:20 PM
I'll be around tonight.

Dealing with some personal issues the past day or two. I'll be around tonight to look over sheets and stuff.

Yay cannot wait for my final approval

GnothiSeauton

I believe I've gotten to those who have needed a response.

And if I'm not mistaken, and this is similar to how we did Gotham, you only need 2 out of 3 approvals from GMs.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 06, 2015, 07:53:08 PM
I believe I've gotten to those who have needed a response.

And if I'm not mistaken, and this is similar to how we did Gotham, you only need 2 out of 3 approvals from GMs.

Yup. I'll be reading them more in depth once the mini is down. Right now I'm being mean to her apparently and she wont stay out of my face. Literally....
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kiric Rand

Hummmm... I am probably going to kick myself for this... but what the hell (seemingly literately in this case)
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Lynnie

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Lynnie

Really anything, you can make your own job. I am the Guardian's Second In Command >.>;

Xanatos

I'm not quite yet approved, still waiting for the last go ahead, but I have read all of the posts thus far - very high quality group of writers in the game. Everyone is nice. Black Howling is very open to character concepts. I got carried away with one of mine and aside from some corrections made, he was very allowing. I can't speak much for Gnothi and Lunarius, as I haven't spoken much to them.

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]

Lynnie

As do I. Xanatos apparently you only need 2 out of 3 to approve before you can post

Lady Lunarius

Yup, what is it 3 years now?

Almost 3 years...I think as long as I was preggers for the first time..

Btw at this time I am claiming

David Beckham

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Xanatos

Quote from: Lynnie on June 07, 2015, 06:24:05 PM
As do I. Xanatos apparently you only need 2 out of 3 to approve before you can post

I know. There was a misunderstanding between me and Howling that was solved privately, so I want to make sure Lunarius and Gnothi know what came of it. Thanks for telling me, though.

And, while I am straight, I can easily admit that Beckham is a hunk. Lol. Nice choice Lunarius.

Haloriel

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 07, 2015, 06:33:23 PM
Yup, what is it 3 years now?

Almost 3 years...I think as long as I was preggers for the first time..

Btw at this time I am claiming

David Beckham

-pets photo quietly-

Kiric Rand

and CS sent... hope you guys like

I have a feeling once people see my face claim my character might get pounced
[Floatright]
[/float]

Sirian Eve

Lady Lunarius

~ ~ ~  Abraxus The Arch Demon of Chaos Played by Lady Lunarius~ ~ ~

Character Name: Abraxus
    Alias / Nickname: Master of Chaos, General of Destruction
    Face Claim: David Beckham
    Racial Class: Arch Demon of Chaos
    Sexuality:  Pan Sexual
    Caste:Prime

Physical Description:  At 6'5" Abraxus towers over most. Built with lean muscles, and dark features he can disarm most new recruits with a single glare. Usually his hair is kept long and pulled back, however recently he has started to favor a shorter style. Usually dressed in a finer style, he favor suits made by the finest tailors and has been known to kill those who get blood on his suits. His body is covered in scars, including a long scar that traces completely across his face.

Personality: Cold, and calculating. Abraxus believes in controlled chaos. He does not tolerate foolishness, or weakness in his men. If they cower from a simply look he'll beat the fear out of them himself if he must. Always ready for the worse he makes sure that his men have round the clock training, and he is no exemption from that. He has high respects for Melfic as he is one of the few able to best him in battle. It was because of their duel he was made High Protector.

History within Nalerius: Born in the Chaos of battle, Abraxus took on the energies of his surroundings. The chaos driving into his very being. As he grew, so did his taste for destruction. It was the time of old. He was young, rash, and in the midst of battle he did not anticipate a portal. Nor did he anticipate it opening beneath him. He was sucked into Nalerius where nothing was familiar. Demon's dared attack him, thinking him weakened and glorious battled ensued. He was already warmed up for the battle, and slayed hundreds before the King arrived.

It seemed to last for hours, days even, but by the end of it Abraxus realized that Melfic was taking it easy on him. Using only half of his power, possibly less. When the final blow was ready to be struck Abraxus was offered something few only dreamed of. A chance to prove himself worthy of a position. Over the centuries he's proven his loyalties over and over. Gaining loyalties of his men, and citizens of Nalerius.

Weapons:
    Xaos: Forged in the pits of hell by his father, Abraxus is never without Xaos by his side. The semi-sentient blade, is mouthy when he chooses to speak to Abraxus telepathically, and will not cut for any but those with the bloodline of the Forge Demon.

Magical Abilities/Powers

Xaos:

• Sentient: Forged by Abraxus's father, the blade has the ability to speak to those with the blood line. Usually mouthy, the blade is picky about its owner and has been known to leave and appear at the hip of another of the  blood line. Once even appearing on the hip of a love child. Until the Forge Demon summoned it from the lad and slay him for dirtying it.
    • Hell Fire: Having been forged in the fires of hell itself, Xaos can practically boil the flesh from someone's body. He can with the aid of his master send out the flames of hell to surround enemies and engulf them.
    Personal Magics

• Soul Manipulation: Has the ability to control and possibly destroy lessers souls. This power is reserved for the most disobedient of men who serve under him. Those who need to be shown who their true master is. Next to Melfic of course. It can break their will so that he can twist and manipulate their loyalties. Many traitors have been subjugated to this and now stand as personal guards to Melfic himself.
    • Fire Breath: The ability to breath rolling flames.
    • Shadow Walk Abraxus can manipulate the shadows and use them to travel long distances in short amounts of time.

On's and Off's:  If I'm not pleased you'll know.
    [/quote]
    LaLu's Delicious treats!

Eternal Blade

Black Howling

Xanatos

Face claiming Eva Marie on my and PrestaDGTations half. Since he will be playing the character, he will be sending it to you GM's.

Lady Lunarius

Lady Luna here bumping shamelessly!!!

We are always looking for more people to join our cast of characters. If anyone lurking has questions please feel free to PM

Gnothi, myself and/or Howling. We'd be happy to assist!!!
    LaLu's Delicious treats!

Famine

I would like to play the Guardian if that is alright? I feel like I could help with that role extremely well.
    The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Xanatos

Famine

Alright so the Hound position would probably be a better position to go for then?
    The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Xanatos

I'm not a GM, but I would assume its fine. I do not believe they set a limit to the number of Hounds. You'll want to ask either Black Howling, GnothiSeaton, or Lady Lunarius. All three are very busy and, unless things have lightened up for them, overwhelmed in PM's. So response time may be slow. Don't let that discourage you though. The game is worth putting out the effort for. We got a lot of nice people, too.

Famine

Yes I sent Black Howling a PM a while ago but haven't heard anything so I can only assume that they are rather busy at the moment. Would you recommend I go ahead and mark up a character sheet for a hound then just so I am ready once they have a bit of free time?

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Famine on June 12, 2015, 02:07:33 PM
    Yes I sent Black Howling a PM a while ago but haven't heard anything so I can only assume that they are rather busy at the moment. Would you recommend I go ahead and mark up a character sheet for a hound then just so I am ready once they have a bit of free time?

please feel free. I'm going to be home in a few hours. gnothi  is lurking around.
    LaLu's Delicious treats!

Famine

Alright I shall post it here once I am finished unless there is somewhere I should do so just let me know.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Famine on June 12, 2015, 02:19:01 PM
    Alright I shall post it here once I am finished unless there is somewhere I should do so just let me know.

feel free to post it here or pm it to all three of us. either  way is fine
    LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kiric Rand

Quote from: Xanatos on June 12, 2015, 01:50:58 PM
    I'm not a GM, but I would assume its fine. I do not believe they set a limit to the number of Hounds. You'll want to ask either Black Howling, GnothiSeaton, or Lady Lunarius. All three are very busy and, unless things have lightened up for them, overwhelmed in PM's. So response time may be slow. Don't let that discourage you though. The game is worth putting out the effort for. We got a lot of nice people, too.

Nice people? Where? Surely you don't mean Black or Luna, and I am damn sure you aren't talking about me
    [Floatright]
    [/float]

Black Howling

Quote from: Famine on June 12, 2015, 02:19:01 PM

You may post it here, or pm it to myself, Lady Lunarius and GnothiSeauton. Either works fine. :-)

That said, welcome to the game, and I'm glad to see your interest. Normally you'd have gotten a speedier reply, but I was work. ;)

Famine

Quote from: Black Howling on June 12, 2015, 03:30:04 PM
    You may post it here, or pm it to myself, Lady Lunarius and GnothiSeauton. Either works fine. :-)

That said, welcome to the game, and I'm glad to see your interest. Normally you'd have gotten a speedier reply, but I was work. ;)

That is perfectly fine, I am working on the character now. Should be done soon.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Black Howling on June 12, 2015, 03:30:04 PM

IS there an echo in here? :P

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 12, 2015, 02:48:57 PM
    feel free to post it here or pm it to all three of us. either  way is fine

Yeppers. Sure is.
    LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
    [/float]

Famine

~ ~ ~  Kanaya Angel of Sin Played by Famine ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Kanaya
    Alias / Nickname: Angel of Sin, Harbinger of Justice, Scholar of Sin, The Vengeful Bitch
    Face Claim:  Kate Beckinsale / Demon Form
    Sexuality:  Pansexual, Come One Come All
    Racial Class Demon of Sin

Physical Description:  In human form Kanaya is slim and athletic with piercing blue eyes. She stands at about 5' 10" in human form and has a Tattoo of the Angel of Justice on her back. She also has a scar on both of her hands from where she performed a purification ritual. In her demon form she stands seven feet tall and wears robes that are made from thread of the void. Along with a set of wings on her back she is always hooded in her natural demon form refusing to show any her face as she believes justice is blind and has no need for one.

Personality:  Despite her title Kanaya is no Angel. She is a Demon brought forth from the Void in order to make all bend to order and justice. She chooses who to follow and follows them blindly as once the rules of the realm have been established by her superior then she believes they cannot be broken else it is her duty to enact punishment. Under no circumstances will she break any of the three Mandates as to her breaking one is the equivalent to high form of heresy.

History within Nalerius:  Known by an Angel as some and a Demon to others, Kanaya was brought forth from the Void to Nalerius for the purpose of acting like a stabilizer. She was originally in the realm of man before being banished as a demon even though all she did was punish those for their sins. After a Grand Trial she was banished to the Void before finding herself where she is today. While not a generally nice person to be around, if she believes that the person she in company of does not break the mandates then she will hold aggression towards them.

While not following an order of her superior Kanaya can be found in The Loop seeking out her own primal pleasures. The mandates do not enforce anything on taking pleasure in drink and flesh so she indulges herself quite a bit. Some might even say that it is an addiction of hers to over indulge in such things.

Weapons: Kanaya only carries a sword that is made out of the very essence of the void while in demon form. It appears as a sword that has been super heated from the void.

Magical Abilities/Powers

Voidwalker: Is able to meld with the shadows and move within them at a much higher speed than she normally could without them. To onlookers it almost as if she teleports when she travels this way.

On's and Off's:  As long as it isn't scat, watersports, or vore, then it can be discussed and possibly agreed to. Bondage is a big yes.

Black Howling

Quote from: Famine on June 12, 2015, 06:23:46 PM
    ~ ~ ~  Kanaya Angel of Sin Played by Famine ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Kanaya
    Alias / Nickname: Angel of Sin, Harbinger of Justice, Scholar of Sin, The Vengeful Bitch
    Face Claim:  Kate Beckinsale / Demon Form
    Sexuality:  Pansexual, Come One Come All
    Racial Class Demon of Sin

Physical Description:  In human form Kanaya is slim and athletic with piercing blue eyes. She stands at about 5' 10" in human form and has a Tattoo of the Angel of Justice on her back. She also has a scar on both of her hands from where she performed a purification ritual. In her demon form she stands seven feet tall and wears robes that are made from thread of the void. Along with a set of wings on her back she is always hooded in her natural demon form refusing to show any her face as she believes justice is blind and has no need for one.

Personality:  Despite her title Kanaya is no Angel. She is a Demon brought forth from the Void in order to make all bend to order and justice. She chooses who to follow and follows them blindly as once the rules of the realm have been established by her superior then she believes they cannot be broken else it is her duty to enact punishment. Under no circumstances will she break any of the three Mandates as to her breaking one is the equivalent to high form of heresy.

History within Nalerius:  Known by an Angel as some and a Demon to others, Kanaya was brought forth from the Void to Nalerius for the purpose of acting like a stabilizer. She was originally in the realm of man before being banished as a demon even though all she did was punish those for their sins. After a Grand Trial she was banished to the Void before finding herself where she is today. While not a generally nice person to be around, if she believes that the person she in company of does not break the mandates then she will hold aggression towards them.

While not following an order of her superior Kanaya can be found in The Loop seeking out her own primal pleasures. The mandates do not enforce anything on taking pleasure in drink and flesh so she indulges herself quite a bit. Some might even say that it is an addiction of hers to over indulge in such things.

Weapons: Kanaya only carries a sword that is made out of the very essence of the void while in demon form. It appears as a sword that has been super heated from the void.

Magical Abilities/Powers

Voidwalker: Is able to meld with the shadows and move within them at a much higher speed than she normally could without them. To onlookers it almost as if she teleports when she travels this way.

On's and Off's:  As long as it isn't scat, watersports, or vore, then it can be discussed and possibly agreed to. Bondage is a big yes.

As a friend elegantly put it, I cannot brain today. I had the dumbs.

That said, I'll be sending a pm your way as soon as I can brain again.

(Immediate plus for Kate Beckinsale)

Famine

Quote from: Black Howling on June 12, 2015, 07:45:18 PM
    As a friend elegantly put it, I cannot brain today. I had the dumbs.

That said, I'll be sending a pm your way as soon as I can brain again.

(Immediate plus for Kate Beckinsale)

Kate Beckinsale is my celebrity crush.

PrestaDGTation

~ ~ ~  Freyja, played by PrestaDGTation (created by Xanatos) ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Freyja
    Alias / Nickname: Pet, Darling, Sexy Gardner, Toy, other on the spur of the moment names, etc
    Face Claim:  Eva Marie
    Sexuality:  Whatever her creator wants her to be.
    Racial class: Created Mortal with minor Demonic infusion.
    Caste: Ibilith

Appearance

Valkurn didn't truly create Freyja's appearance. She had a 'model' to base her work of art upon. However, she made alterations over the decades to more completely suit her desires.  This eventually created a physical specimen that was fully unique, despite being formed entirely by its creator's interests and needs.

And of course, her body is beautiful in a way that befits a century long master-work.  She is a truly gorgeous woman, engineered to delight the senses and perform to her master's exacting standards.  Sensuous curves, majestic facial features, and long, well sculpted legs are all present, but balanced with a strong frame and exemplary muscle-tone.  No side of her beauty detracts from the other, no trait is over exaggerated, making her seamlessly both glamorous and amazonian.  All of this is further accented by her ability to change her hair from a deep auburn brown into a bright, firey red at will.

She carries herself with a proud, but not magnanimous, sense of poise.  Some might mistake her for a warrior of some kind, a stoic and radiant sentinel, never far from her mistress when in public.  But while she may be well trained, her's is the heart of a servant, and every now and again the astute will see the powerful creature growing weak at the knees, eager to please her creator and sovereign.  The collar around her neck, marking her as an Ibilith and with Valkurn's personal seal, is always worn with pride.

Freyja may have been modeled off of Regara, but is inferior to her in many respects.  One of these is that she lacks a male organ.  An intentional design flaw, as Valkurn would never allow a mere creation to surpass the Dragon's status as her perfect lover.  There are some complicated emotions there, due to this, but Freyja chooses to take his indulgence of her 'original model' as a compliment, and further proof that her own body is a literal masterpiece.

Personality

Freyja is not your typical servant.  As an artificial being created specifically for this purpose, Freyja shares a supernatural bond of loyalty with Valkurn, a soul-instinctual need to serve her and earn her favor.  Protective, obedient, and loyal fail to do justice to the raw and naked emotion that Freyja feels for her mistress.  She would rather literally break herself in half than to do her creator a disservice, and she governs herself accordingly.

However, while she does feel the desire to let her knees buckle, to kneel and fawn and plead for favor from her mistress, she was taught long ago that only the strong can truly serve a being such as Valkurn.  As such, Freyja tends to take a more active approach to servitude, and life in general.  She is forthright, honest, and decisive.  If something causes her mistress or herself displeasure, she moves rapidly to fix it.  She shares Valkurn's exacting standards and eye for detail, maintaining what she coins 'a measure of respect' in all affairs she undertakes.  Freyja is also singularly intolerant of anything that affronts her mistress, and those concealed emotions can often erupt, if someone disrespects Vulkurn in any way while in her presence.

Her tasks are not all consuming, and often she is left to cultivate herself, avidly adding new skills and honing her abilities.  Dancing, fighting, music, art.. at first it didn't matter which of these she excelled at, so long as it pleased her mistress.  But in time, Freyja has actually developed a much more artistic side.  She loves songs and poems, bearing a strange weakness for something exquisitely stated.  She also has a strange love of plants, enjoying their simplicity and honesty.  She took up caring for them some time ago, and has since been made into the unofficial residence gardener.  Like her mistress, she treats every plant as someone to dote upon and pamper, letting them fill a need for service, while studying the new creations her Mistress has constructed. 

Despite all her attempts otherwise, Freyja is not an extremely strong person.  Perhaps it is the crippling desire for service that pervades her, or something deeper.  A flaw, perhaps, in her master's otherwise perfect design.  Whatever the reason, Freyja sometimes finds herself unable to speak in Valkurn's presence, having to force herself to be calm before she opens her lips.  She was taught, violently, never to cower.  Never to show the fear, the weakness, or the desperate need to crawl to her mistress's feet and beg her for praise, that she feels around her.

Of a particular note is Regara.  The two strongly favor one another, although they are by no means identical.  Freyja serves her just as enthusiastically as her own mistress, but with a different sort of enjoyment.  To Freyja, Regara is the ideal.  The original, intoxicating, perfect entity that was the inspiration for her own existence.  As such, while she does satisfy the need to serve Valkurn in seeing to Regara's pleasure, it is augmented by pampering someone Freyja sees as a mentor.  Her literal role-model.  There is a trust and exhilaration there that equals her adoration for Valkurn.  Both are worth dying for, even if she is only sworn to one.

History within Nalerius

Freyja's history is fairly simple.  She was born to serve Vulkurn.  She did so.  Now, we are in the present.

Freyja rarely leaves the compound, unless her mistress wants something specific and is tied up with other matters.  Even if she does, Freyja isn't one to linger.  She speaks little, pays fairly, and returns.  Even the few things that have hassled her during these short interludes have had only the barest effect on her history.

Weapons:

Freyja is proficient as an unarmed combatant, able to brawl and wrestle admirably for an entity of her class.  She also is extremely good with a pair of custom-made steel straight bars that she sometimes keeps concealed on her person.  These are her default weapon, meant for blunt force and disabling as opposed to actual killing.  Although it should be said that she will learn the use of any tool that her master gives her.  There have been several..

Her favorite weapon, however, is a large curved greatsword that is used exclusively for sparring. While her mistress enjoys her ability to fight, and she is therefore quite seasoned in this respect, Freyja has never actually brought her greatsword into a potentially fatal combat scenario, and therefore it isn't seen as a very good go-to in an actual threat. 

Magical Powers/Notes of Interest:

Enchanced: - Valkurn infused her mortal body with just enough demonic essence to increase her endurance, durability, and strength, mostly so she wasn't a limp sack of flesh in bed.  This way, she can handle some abuse without breaking.  And perhaps even return a little, if allowed.

Loyal Bound: - A soul-instinctual need to serve Valkurn, which manifests itself in abject devotion.  As with the Dravema, this is a supernatural bond.  Even if it weren't, it is literally her reason for being alive, and was made a part of her during her conception over 100 years ago.  As if that weren't enough, Freyja had gladly sworn her own soul to her mistress.  The bond cannot be broken, even by death.

Vivify: - Freyja was never intended to have any powers at all.  But the ability to transform her hair from brown to red actually progressed into other abilities.  Freyja can 'vivify' things.  Making a set of colors brighter, making a plant healthier, making herself more powerful, or making a lover more flushed with passion.  In effect, she gives of her own strength, and her hair color can sometimes serve as a barometer of just how much she actually has, in this regard.  A strange ability, but a useful one.

Favored: - While Freyja is just a slave, Valkurn is a possessive being. At least, with things she truly enjoys. Meaning, that others would be wise not to mess with Freyja, lest they anger Valkurn.

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
    [/float]

Haloriel

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
    [/float]

Xanatos

Princess Bride! Robin Hood: Men in Tights! Oh yeah. Good times. Good to see his face again.

Kiric Rand

Quote from: Xanatos on June 14, 2015, 07:01:07 PM
    Princess Bride! Robin Hood: Men in Tights! Oh yeah. Good times. Good to see his face again.

don't forget the first and last Saw movies
    [Floatright]
    [/float]

Xanatos

I don't watch horror movies. My imagination is far to overactive for my good sometimes.

Kiric Rand

Quote from: Xanatos on June 14, 2015, 07:04:10 PM
    I don't watch horror movies. My imagination is far to overactive for my good sometimes.

Because, unlike other demons, I can speak with a british accent

Sorry, couldn't help it
    [Floatright]
    [/float]

Lynnie

Got an idea for a new girl. The Mark of Cain, gonna have to write it up as soon as my arm allows.

Haloriel

Quote from: Kiric Rand on June 15, 2015, 11:31:53 AM
    Because, unlike other demons, I can speak with a british accent

Sorry, couldn't help it

LOL. Excellent.

RegretNot

~ ~ ~  Trevor Mourninglight Played By RegretNot ~ ~ ~

Character Name: Trevor Mourninglight

Alias / Nickname: The Trickster, Vagabond, curses follow in his wake

Face Claim: Milo Ventimiglia

Sexuality:  Heterosexual or whatever is convenient
    Racial Class Demon of Liminality

Physical Description:  Trevor stands a simple 5'10 which makes him seem that more unassuming.  Dark eyes, a smirk crookedly dancing across his face, the perfect amount of stubble; the trickster clothes himself in dark suits and finery.  The rapt tap of leather sole shoes announce his approach as if stealth were ever his style when one can never be what you think they are to your face.

Personality: The Trickster is decidedly demonic in his abilities and appearance but he is ambitious and cunning with little time for eons of patience.  Always willing to deal and negotiate comes with his old haunts and habits.  There is something very vibrant and fresh about him from his mortal knowledge to his own decidedly snarky use of ingenuity that splinters from your usual demonic bloodline.  Selfish, snide, somehow rub off as charm rather than crass, the very avatar of the con artist that is hard to be denied no matter how much continuing the conversation seems unwise.

Occupation:  Special Item Procurement, Mediator Supreme, Bastard.

History within Nalerius: 
    Trevor Mourningstar has appeared in all manner of religions and mythos in the mortal side, when one places a sacrifice or a calling at the "crossroads" he is there to hear their wants, desires, needs, and offers deals somehow seeming so good but in the end he comes out very much ahead.  He enjoyed the mortal world, the way they flocked to him to offer their souls for just a few more blinks of the eye compared to him.  It was too bad Nalerius wasn't created just a few more years before he ran across the occultist, Drayton Moore. 

~~~~

Drayton Moore wasn't the best son, he surely wasn't the best student, citizen supreme that was laughable.  He however was always quick with a joke, clever with a word, ready to handle all manner of bad.  Remember the part of him not being the best of people when he was seen as having true potential by the Templar of the mortals they should have really looked into what kind of guy he was before opening their libraries to him.  He did some good in the war, hell he was quick to learn just what made the other side tick but the problem was he saw more of himself in them than the supposed "good guys". 
    He buried things that meant much to him in a box and stood at the quiet meeting of the gravel roads of Aisley and Drake, that was when the wind howled and he appeared.  The speech was cliche but sounded so appealing as he almost agreed to it right there, but he found himself, always so clever he made a small deal, something to wet the whistle of the demon.  He agreed to kill a member of the templar for the power to sway others minds, not something he ever really needed, but the smell in the air told he had what he needed.
    The poison in the old man's tea hardly took much as he stood a few nights from their first meeting as the demon appeared again.  As he began his next pitch he flicked the lighter as the circle of green fire laced with the right amount of cold iron sprinkled at the edge of it roared to life around them.  "I am a demon, dare you think any mortal man can hold me?"  He roared as the smirk rolled across Drayton's face, "Well you never met a mortal man like me mate."  The torn page unrolled that he produced from inside his jacket as he began to read the arcane language. 

~~~~

Heroes aren't all the appear to be and villains the same, problem is their are always lines of gray.  It's never like the books say it will be, and even demons don't know everything.  A human soul trying to soul ride a demon much like demons do mortals is not something a sane being would try and the aftermath wasn't exactly what Drayton was thinking it would be.  Drayton's soul bonded into Trevor and he was in control for all of a few days time before the power and darkness of Trevor found a familiar inkling in the mortal and instead of rending him they bonded, Trevor Mourningstar joined the world of Nalerius with a great power to be used against the Templars but a secret to keep from his fellow demons in their vying for purity and hierarchy of the bloodlines.  Trevor will capitalize on it and ride the synchronicity highway til the end of the line to be sure.

Weapons:

The Bite A wicked straight razor that can snap out in an instant and cut deeply, when looking into the blade when not covered it looks to peer into the abyss itself, the blade was said to be forged in a deep dark weapon forge by a master weaponsmith who made the wrong deal.

Tome of Ruin Bonded to Trevor, a simple snap of his finger and the black stained leather bound book will appear, containing magic old ad mostly forgotten. 

Sample blood magic: Scrying (find where a place or person is), Curses (need intimate knowledge or piece of a target), Necromancy (bringing back the dead or gone), Sigil protection (resistance to types of creatures or protective circles on areas)

Magical Abilities/Powers

A Deal is a Deal - Paramount of his origins, any deal that is agreed upon is iron clad, should anyone involved in a deal he brokers try to break it, they are cursed with manifestations both psychological, physical, and supernatural until they make good on their word, those of low power are wise to do so quickly before the backlash ends in their death.

Call the Circle - A quick chant and he can lock anyone of his power range or lower out of the invisible sphere, even pushing all those hidden away from him and out of it.  If the invader is more powerful than him it can hold them back temporarily, but atleast that might give him some time he needs.

Slickedness - The font of slick and wicked have formed in onto Trevor where his weave of words and temptation can even the most iron willed nodding their head in agreement not quite putting it together until later than what he said was not something they wanted to get themselves into at all.

Tough Son of A... - He is able to take punishment and pain above the threshold most demons can even muster and continue to get up, spit out blood, laugh it off as a "flesh wound", a useful thing to have when you deserve it a lot.

Ride the Synchronicity Highway - Trevor can bend fate and chance to his own desires, his makes his own luck, if it comes down to a gamble he finds a way to tap into the best outcome.

On's and Off's:  Same as my own for the most part.   https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223388.0

Lady Lunarius

For ALL who have either pm'd a character or posted one here:

Just please don't be surprised that after I am no longer being medicated, that I PM you and ask you a question or two.

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

CurvyKitten

Peeks...again~ I keep peeking in on this one, my muses wont let me look away :P

Black Howling

Quote from: CurvyKitten on June 26, 2015, 07:47:43 PM
    Peeks...again~ I keep peeking in on this one, my muses wont let me look away :P

It's the sugar filled goodness of the Darkside's cookies. We also offer dental. ;)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Black Howling on June 26, 2015, 08:01:45 PM
    It's the sugar filled goodness of the Darkside's cookies. We also offer dental. ;)

You'd better with all those Cookies being tossed about :P I shall see what my muses can brew up and send it your way. :)

Haloriel

ElvenKitten

*pokes her head in contemplating firing off a character for this*

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

We got plenty to do, and despite the post count, this thing is still very fresh in IC terms. It's easy to jump in.

Xanatos

The water is warm, pleasant, and filled with lots of pointy eared kitten eating fishies! Come join!

ElvenKitten

Started work on a character and should have something up today  ;D

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Flower

I've been watching this game for a bit. I'm going to rummage around the brain for a concept. Potential face claim will be Rachel James.

If anyone would like a connection created, distant or close, I'm open to the possibilities so please send me a message. Just keep in mind that sometimes I post slow. Otherwise, I will start from scratch.  :-)

Haloriel

Quote from: Flower on July 05, 2015, 02:05:17 AM
    I've been watching this game for a bit. I'm going to rummage around the brain for a concept. Potential face claim will be Rachel James.

If anyone would like a connection created, distant or close, I'm open to the possibilities so please send me a message. Just keep in mind that sometimes I post slow. Otherwise, I will start from scratch.  :-)

Yay, Flower!  Join us yes.  Pretty lady!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Flower on July 05, 2015, 02:05:17 AM

*brain explodes in epicness*

I'm always up for plotting or connections.  If you get a concept in mind, or a creature type, feel free to hit me up!  I still have a few concepts unused from the old version of this game I never got around to using.

Seeking New Stories

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
    Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
    Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Rel Mayer

Sorry for stating my interest before and then going silent! Got caught up with various things!

I was thinking about rehashing one of my characters from a previous group game (mostly just because of a series of pictures) but I was wondering if the idea for her would really fit? I wanted to play an almost human like character whose power is to basically create channels to summon demonic and dark spirits. Basically appears like a normal human but can summon dark things. Mostly ghostly type stuff... but maybe more.

Dunno! Is that supernatural/scary enough?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on July 06, 2015, 12:37:10 AM
    Sorry for stating my interest before and then going silent! Got caught up with various things!

I was thinking about rehashing one of my characters from a previous group game (mostly just because of a series of pictures) but I was wondering if the idea for her would really fit? I wanted to play an almost human like character whose power is to basically create channels to summon demonic and dark spirits. Basically appears like a normal human but can summon dark things. Mostly ghostly type stuff... but maybe more.

I'mma defer to Howling and Luna on this, since they're way more knowledgable about abilities and what will and won't work.  Sounds like a really cool concept though.

Seeking New Stories

Lynnie

I know I wanted to play a more human like character but was told no humans. So I opted for a demon who has a human appearance.

Black Howling

This is one of those things where the 'what you plan on doing with it' matters a whole lot. In the baseline idea, the character fits just fine within Nalerius. In fact we have a mostly human type with some 'magical' talent already. That said, they make poor choices for anything of high caste, or authoritative position.

For example, a researcher of (At the highest)  beta level prized for their ingenuity and knowledge might well be appropriate. But let's say a Hound or bodyguard known for shooting first and asking questions later wouldn't. Human bodies would simply be too fragile for that.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 06, 2015, 02:06:56 PM
    I'mma defer to Howling and Luna on this, since they're way more knowledgable about abilities and what will and won't work.  Sounds like a really cool concept though.

Aww thanks!

Quote from: Lynnie on July 06, 2015, 02:28:37 PM
    I know I wanted to play a more human like character but was told no humans. So I opted for a demon who has a human appearance.

This is what I am thinking!

Quote from: Black Howling on July 06, 2015, 03:14:52 PM
    This is one of those things where the 'what you plan on doing with it' matters a whole lot. In the baseline idea, the character fits just fine within Nalerius. In fact we have a mostly human type with some 'magical' talent already. That said, they make poor choices for anything of high caste, or authoritative position.

For example, a researcher of (At the highest)  beta level prized for their ingenuity and knowledge might well be appropriate. But let's say a Hound or bodyguard known for shooting first and asking questions later wouldn't. Human bodies would simply be too fragile for that.

I think I am following you! I can always make her a bit more powerful? I was thinking that she could be also constantly possessed by different demons which could change her personality and make her a bit unpredictable at times. Can summon them out of her to protect or even use them as weapons to haunt people.

I can always draft it up and you day tell me yay or nay? Or how to adapt it to fit the setting a bit more?

Drake Valentine

So, characters on power level of Arch Demons are a no even if that type of character has their own tight IC restrictions of how they use said power?

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Haloriel

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 06, 2015, 11:08:11 PM
    So, characters on power level of Arch Demons are a no even if that type of character has their own tight IC restrictions of how they use said power?

If it helps, what I did with my Archangel was made her only partially corrupted, so that she cannot use her full power and is slowly changing the longer she has been within Nalerius.  I would guess a similar deal might be okay?  I'd say write the character and submit it, and then go from there; tweak and such as the GM's ask.  You never really know what's not okay until you try!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Haloriel on July 06, 2015, 11:29:08 PM
    If it helps, what I did with my Archangel was made her only partially corrupted, so that she cannot use her full power and is slowly changing the longer she has been within Nalerius.  I would guess a similar deal might be okay?  I'd say write the character and submit it, and then go from there; tweak and such as the GM's ask.  You never really know what's not okay until you try!

Hmmm, well my concept could use full power at any time, it is just that, he won't. The way I built him and have played him in the past is that he intentionally limits his powers for combat situations. For instance, he will either fight on equal or lesser footing and never go about starting rampages at his peak capability. :3 Cause Drakey doesn't like to play OP charies and doesn't like OP charies trying to bully his creations.

Haloriel

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 06, 2015, 11:33:46 PM
    Hmmm, well my concept could use full power at any time, it is just that, he won't. The way I built him and have played him in the past is that he intentionally limits his powers for combat situations. For instance, he will either fight on equal or lesser footing and never go about starting rampages at his peak capability. :3 Cause Drakey doesn't like to play OP charies and doesn't like OP charies trying to bully his creations.

I'm no GM - but the folks here seem very good at making sure no one makes anything that is OP.  After all, your character is always in your control and unless you're voluntarily risking death per GM event, there's that whole player permission business. <3

Xanatos

Black Howling is pretty open to power-types (with some limits), and power level. I can't speak, per say, on actual Arch Demon level, but he let my main character Valkurn have a lot (even though some of it I didn't directly ask for it). So as Haloriel said, go ahead and submit, and see what the GM's say.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Rel Mayer on July 06, 2015, 10:52:57 PM
    Aww thanks!

I think I am following you! I can always make her a bit more powerful? I was thinking that she could be also constantly possessed by different demons which could change her personality and make her a bit unpredictable at times. Can summon them out of her to protect or even use them as weapons to haunt people.

I can always draft it up and you day tell me yay or nay? Or how to adapt it to fit the setting a bit more?

Please feel free to throw up a sheet or PM Howling, Gnothi and myself and we'd be happy to work on her with you. We rarely ever say "hell no" to a character, we will work on her with you and please any questions are welcomed! ^_^

If he is on the level of an Arch Demon then yeah he could have the powers of an Arch Demons. We have several in game. Unless you're talking about an Alpha or Beta caste having Arch Demon powers?
    LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

If I'm not mistaken, your question is stemming from the disclaimer that we are being selective when it comes to powerful positions in the city? I remember a 'we're gonna be picky when it comes to things like Arch Demons' disclaimer, but I don't recall ever posting that Arch Demons wouldn't be allowed. We actually have a few of them, as Luna had stated.

That said, we are still picky about it. This is basically in terms of concept type and whether or not we personally believe the player is gonna stick around. Feel free to PM us a more in depth explanation of the concept if you'd like.
    Quote from: Rel Mayer on July 06, 2015, 10:52:57 PM
    Aww thanks!

It doesn't sound like it's out of place just from what I've heard thus far.

Honestly I think the character will be fine, provided she does have something supernatural about her. The summoning aspect is quite intriguing, and I could see a lot of uses for it in the city. My only concern would be if she was prone, or required by position, to repeatedly get into combat. For one, it'd lead to frustration, and two my suspension of disbelief would be heavily strained.

Drake Valentine

But all 'Arch Demons' are leaders of a governing sin, no?

I was referencing more on powers of arch demon level, but strictly limited in their own way. More so in combat scenarios only being used for 'level playing field.'

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 07, 2015, 02:38:16 AM
    But all 'Arch Demons' are leaders of a governing sin, no?

I was referencing more on powers of arch demon level, but strictly limited in their own way. More so in combat scenarios only being used for 'level playing field.'

No. True we have the 7 Deadly Sins embodied as Arch Demon's in game, however these are the original Arch Demons. An example of one who is an Arch Demon, but not one of the embodiment's is Abraxus. The Arch Demon of Chaos.

We'd like a concept of what an ARch Demon will govern as with Abraxus, he is Chaos. He revels in it, and thus is a great person to have in battle, he grows stronger in battle, soaking in the chaos and turning it to his men and even himself for strength.

If you've an idea for one I'd be happy to talk over it with you via pm.

LaLu's Delicious treats!

ElvenKitten

Had an interesting idea for my character but then I suddenly had a wedding to start planning, working on it now though.

GnothiSeauton

A draft of my latest character pending approval...

~ ~ ~  Jonathon Lincoln played by GnothiSeauton ~ ~ ~

Character Name:  Jonathon Lincoln
    Alias / Nickname:  The Count
    Face Claim:  David Tennant
    Sexuality:  Bisexual
    Racial Class  Vampire
    Caste:  Alpha

Physical Description:  The Alpha Vampire keeps himself appearing in the best of shape when dealing with the Primes.  He often wears suits of high quality in their presence, going to lengths to ensure he appears his best.  He has but a few marks, namely bite wounds upon his neck from when he was first turned, and scars and marks of his past as a human.  A cross is tattooed on his neck where his bite marks are.

Personality:  To say he is a wolf in sheep's clothing would be an understatement.  With his superiors, he can be obedient and charming, respectful and diligent.  An obedient servant.  But behind closed doors, he is a master manipulator.  Scheming.  Manipulative.  Often making deals between enemies to serve his own ambitions. 

History within Nalerius:  Lincoln was brought to Nalerius by his creator, intended only to be an Omega, a slave for which to provide sustenance and protection.  It was from his Master and Creator that he learned to improve himself, strengthening his abilities and thirst for more, more everything, every single day of his existence. 

When his Master died under suspicious circumstances, Lincoln took over the business empire he had built of supplying blood and other food into the city.  Some have whispered it was by his hands that his Master met his demise.  Some have said it was he who had manipulated his way into power.  But none dared speak of such things to his face.

Over time his business of supplying sustenance has grown, and with it his own social standing and rise to power and influence.  From an Omega he became an Alpha, with eyes and ambitions that lay beyond becoming a Prime.

Weapons:  N/A  Relies on others to do his dirty work.

Magical Abilities/Powers

• Shifting:  Shifts into a bat.
    • Supernatural Strength:  Much, much, much stronger than humans and species beneath Alpha.
    • Glamor:  With considerable concentration, he can glamor lesser beings, namely Omegas and Ibilith into doing his bidding for a period of time.

On's and Off's:  Open for anything.  Link

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Xanatos

Based off your comment Black, I'd say she just saw the pictures. Didn't even read his name. No reading what so ever...

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Black Howling on July 16, 2015, 06:24:02 PM
    Did you even read past David Tennant before deciding that? >_>

Quote from: Xanatos on July 16, 2015, 07:05:16 PM
    Based off your comment Black, I'd say she just saw the pictures. Didn't even read his name. No reading what so ever...

Can you blame her?

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on July 16, 2015, 07:07:02 PM
    Can you blame her?
    Absolutely not, I almost fell into the same trap myself. >_>

He's the fuckin' doctor after all! (Well, he's my doctor anyhow!)

Drake Valentine

Withdrawing my interest.

It has been over a week and given failure of communication on GMs parts, I am no longer interested in this group.

Best of luck with you all.

Lady Lunarius

~GM Note:~

I would like to take this time to encourage anyone interested to send us a sheet. We will never tell you straight up "No" we will ask you questions and it is possible we will ask you to change certain things. But we get a better idea about character concepts if we have a full sheet to look over. As I said we will never tell you "No". But work with you.

Also, Please keep in mind, we GM's are real people with busy lives. (I just got done working a 16 hour day myself.) We will have delayed responses to all posts and PM's and profiles. We appreciate any and all patience and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Personally I find it easier to look a sheet over and ask questions, so again. Don't be shy.

Have a great night, and sorry for repeating myself. It's nearly 1 a.m. and I've been up for 20+ hours. Hope I didn't drone on!!!!
    LaLu's Delicious treats!