To The Stars And Beyond (Science Fiction Colonization Interest Check)

Started by Norsegod1839, January 13, 2018, 03:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Connecting

Connecting

Hello there! If you're reading this then you have successfully completed the six hundred year old journey to the Andromeda Galaxy! Your ship, the Ark Liberator has been traveling the 2.53 million light years to bring you and half a million other colonist to the Andromeda Galaxy!

The journey was estimated to take six hundred years! Which means if you're listening to this it's now six hundred years into the future! For those of you that still feel groggy or do not remember you spent the time slumbering peacefully in hyper sleep. Our Cryo pod technology enabled us to preserve all of you in a state of "suspended" animation. For you colonist it would have felt like nothing more than a quick peaceful slumber. The year is now 2785 six hundred years have passed from our departure date of 2185.

We've docked in open space for now. Extensive long range scanning and mapping has given us a potential of three planets to explore and survey for colonization. Most of your fellow colonist will be left in cryo sleep while we survey the planets and determine which ones are suitable. Leading the charge will be the Rangers highly trained and specialized operatives. They and their teams will survey the planets determine their viability and proceed from there.

This is an extensive part of the process but do not worry! The hard part is over and we've made it! The greatest pilgrimage the human race has ever attempted is on its second half. For those of you joining the Ranger team please report to your Ranger for further instructions.

Welcome to the Andromeda Galaxy!

Hi there! If you've gotten this far then welcome to my next group thread! I was a fan of the set up for Mass Effect Andromeda and it being a colonization story! The idea of humans boarding an ark going to hyper sleep and trying to make it in an alien galaxy is very exciting! No way back! Nothing but what they brought! Not seeing the planets or anything before they go!

So my idea is to take that and tweak it and see who would be interested! It's not set in the Mass Effect universe but the concept is the same!

Colonist get on a ship, go into hyperspace, and find themselves in an unknown and barely charted Galaxy. The initial mission is to find a planet that is suitable for colonization and settle down. Leading this will be the "rangers" and their teams. The teams would be composed of military, science, and engineering elements. So you do not have to be a gun tooting soldier in order to go visit these planets. The idea is that the colonist could be anyone! Even the people surveying the planets would be of different specialities.

Then we get into alien races! Because habitable planets usually lead to life and then evolution! So I am totally and completely interested in their being alien races!

This is the Character Sheet I am working at!

[float=left][img height=300]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE![/img][/float]

[b]Player Name:[/b] Your Username!

[b]Character Name:[/b] Your character's name.

[b]Gender:[/b] every type is welcome!

[b]Race:[/b] Please keep in mind that you can create an ENTIRE original race!

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] A picture can be used in place of a picture

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Equipment | Attire[/b]

[b]Specialty:[/b] What your character is an expert of

[b]Designated Role:[/b] Colonist, Ranger, Scientist, Survey Team!

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]All orientations are welcome!

[b]Personal History:[/b]

[b]Family:[/b] If they came on the ship with the!

So if interested you can wait to make the character sheet or go ahead and start one! If you are interested then please post in and let me know!

Players Already Joined

1. Erotic Literacy
2. Eliza
3. Terrible Tira

Eliza

I'm already in a deep space RP but I've taken an interest in this.

EDIT: Is this in the Mass Effect universe or an original universe?

Norsegod1839

My thinking was just a original universe! UNLESS there is enough interest in it as a Mass Effect game!

Eliza

I've already finished Andromeda, so I'll vote for original. I saw some old games that were similar.

*Leaves to look at the bottom of her bookmarks*

Norsegod1839

That was my thinking as well! I did not like Andromeda handling of the whole colonization. I felt it was a bit to space shooter and not enough lets create this legacy in a brand new galaxy!

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Norsegod1839

Eliza

So the potential character will be primarily rangers and their teams?

EDIT: Just to solidify my interest, here's my Character Sheet (WIP):

Player Name: Eliza

Character Name: First Lieutenant Geraldine "Geri" Rivera

Race: Human

Height: 5' 4"

Weight: 110 lbs.

Appearance: Geraldine is of Filipino-Irish-American descent. She has light tan skin. Jet black hair usually tied in a ponytail, down when off-duty. Has a slender, athletic build.

Personality: She is not one to get comfortable right away and will double check all areas until satisfied. When off-duty, she is quiet and reserved, preferring to be with herself or in the company of a close friend or colleague. She doesn't make friends easily and new people make her a bit nervous. Her motto is "Fight Worry with Action." She likes to plan ahead rather than adapt as the environment changes.

Strengths: -Observant
                  -Always comes prepared

Weaknesses: -May come across as paranoid
                              -

Equipment | Attire
On-duty: -Ranger Scout Armor
              -Semi-auto Designated Marksman Rifle
              -Automatic Machine Pistol
Off-duty: Ranger Scout Armor lower half and tanktop in various colors

Specialty: Scouting and Piloting

Designated Role: Ranger Scout

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Personal History: Her acute paranoia comes from a sudden moment in her past where a superior officer attempted to rape her. Geri blames herself for not making sure she was alone in her dorm. Due to her incident, she was mostly put on security detail as a mid-range scout, as a designated marksman.

Family: N/A

Norsegod1839

Your character looks great Eliza and is definitely approved

And yeah that's the plan for the beginning part! The focus will mostly be on the ranger teams going to these planets to determine their viability for habitation.

So there will be a mix of them surveying the planets fighting any hostiles and meeting the aliens that inhabitate the planet if there are any!

I'd like there to be a good mix of scientific and diplomatic moments as well as combat!

And for those looking to be say a colonist do not worry! I predict the initial survey is going to reveal a place for you guys to set up shop. There will be other planets to explore but the first planet will have a habitat within an in game week of them scouting it.

So plenty to do for everyone!

Norsegod1839

Player Name: Erotic Literacy

Character Name: John Francis Ryan

Race: Human

Height: six foot

Weight: 200 lb

Appearance: as pictured above

Personality: Strong and commanding John is the commanding imposing type you expect to find in someone who dedicated their life to the military. He is quick and decisive and when he decides on a plot or course he sticks to it come hell or high water. He values the preservation of life among anything else and is a pacifist unless he has to defend himself.

Strengths: Resolute, decades of experience in the United Earth navy, strong willed

Weaknesses: PTSD, Lost the taste for fighting

Equipment | Attire

While he has a distaste for fighting John is not stupid. He carries a carbine riffle he has spent years modifying and using that he named Elaine. He also keeps a heat sing revolver that fires high grade plasma bolts.

Specialty: As a long standing special force operator and pilot in the One Earth Navy John is a seasoned veteran and has led many combat teams. He is experienced in giving orders, leading, and is the most senior ex military on the Ark. In preparation for his job as lead ranger John was trained extensively in hostile alien worlds, geography, surveying, and idea colonization zones.

Designated Role: Head of the Ranger Program

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Personal History:

John life reads almost like an exciting book or even action hero novel. He was born on earth in the farm belt of Kansas to fourth generation farmers. He was an only child as designated by the earth governments attempt to squash over population. His parents were one of the few that had no desire to leave the over crowded and pollution filled earth. They tried to instill their son that desire as well as the joys of farming.

They were unsuccessful

Part of the problem was that John was born into the "space race" a time where going into space was the big hot new thing. John was taught about space in almost all of his classes and the TV stations were full of important astronauts and scientist talking about the latest colony out in space or new discovery. No matter how hard his parents tried to stifle that or use logic John interest in space grew.

To no one surprise John joined the navy the very minute he could. This act estranged him from his parents but secured John a chance to visit the stars. He entered the John F Kennedy naval boot camp in Cape Canaveral and quickly rose to the top of his training squad. Most noted in his files was that while John was not the fastest or strongest he was by far the most driven. He was recommended by several training officers to join the officer academy. John declined however stating a desire to "get his boots wet" before becoming an officer. He was instead given the highest enlisted rank they could bestow on him. The space navy was relatively new and they needed strong leadership candidates.

John left boot camp and was given command of a squad on board the UNS Ship Scabar. His ship and his company ran several successful tours over the next ten years. they became something of a legend within the fleet during this time. John himself becoming the poster soldier for "bad ass marine".

Things would have likely continued if it weren't for the events that befell John on his 30th birthday. The Scabar was sent to break up a mining dispute on Venus. A group of workers was holding the station Broadside hostage and was demanding the company responsible for them look into the reports of toxic fuel and gross incompetence. The company refused and pressured the Navy to instead send someone to take back the station.

The events of that day are highly classified and even John himself refuses to talk about it. The only thing that is known is the casualties. Their was not any on the side of John and his squad but everyone on the station died. John was also a changed man, the kind that refused to pick up a gun. This was a massive deal to the navy and after trying to bribe and even force him to go back to his old job. They finally forced him out of the military with a medical discharge.

He was approached by the head of the Andromeda Team themselves. The head was a fan of his stance against violence and career and offered him the choice. Andromeda was supposed to be a peaceful mission a mission of exploration and discovery. The hope was that John would not need to use his combat abilities at all as a Ranger even if he did it would be for defending humanity as a whole. When John questioned the head as to why they would want a washed up wannabee pacifist like him the leader of the Team replied that they wanted someone who would do "anything possible" to leave humanity need for violence behind. Stunned John accepted and became the lead Ranger of the Survey team

Family: no one John was alone back on earth and that's why he left.

Norsegod1839

I posted my character up as kind of an example for those wanting to see what I am looking for! The idea behind the colonization is to focus more on discovery in uncharted waters.

Thats not to say their will not BE combat it's just to show that the focus will be more on trying to survive and strike our claim in a brand spanking new galaxy.

My big goal now (besides finding more people) is to get some interest in an alien race! With two or three planets that could sustain life I think we should have at least one species populating this galaxy or at least one planet! Is that species space faring? Is it still in its early years? The choice is entirely up to you!

Eliza

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on January 14, 2018, 11:10:01 AM
And for those looking to be say a colonist do not worry! I predict the initial survey is going to reveal a place for you guys to set up shop. There will be other planets to explore but the first planet will have a habitat within an in game week of them scouting it.

I left the family part as N/A because of this. Also, my character is an oldie, but as the new hotness. EL, if you noticed in the Humanity: A New Beginning RP I sent you, I had a similar character with a little brother and sister. They were mostly NPC'd because the game didn't take off, but I would like to reserve a family member for her for a colonist role. Maybe the complete opposite of Geri.

Also, my character sheet seems a little skimpy of information.

So, plot-wise, who got to go on the journey? Was there prerequisites before being able to board? Like you have a skill worth duplicating in Andromeda?

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on January 14, 2018, 05:11:03 PM
I posted my character up as kind of an example for those wanting to see what I am looking for! The idea behind the colonization is to focus more on discovery in uncharted waters.

Thats not to say their will not BE combat it's just to show that the focus will be more on trying to survive and strike our claim in a brand spanking new galaxy.

My big goal now (besides finding more people) is to get some interest in an alien race! With two or three planets that could sustain life I think we should have at least one species populating this galaxy or at least one planet! Is that species space faring? Is it still in its early years? The choice is entirely up to you!

Someone has to have a gun! I have two and I come prepared.

Just, don't bring the Kett! Or the Scourge. Omit those and we have a deal. We can have the alien mirror the human race in terms of technological achievements. If we were able to build these massive arks to take us from the Milky Way to the Andromeda Galaxy, these aliens would have been able to do the same and at the very least, populate or make use of an entire solar system.

Take the Sol system for instance. Earth is home base and Mars would have been terraformed and made livable by now. In the asteroid field, companies mine for fresh metals/minerals and in the gas giants, there are refueling stations, enabling us to freely travel from planet to planet without worrying about running out of fuel.

The alien may have the same or similar progress in their home system, given we detect that home system on our first scan.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Eliza on January 14, 2018, 06:15:21 PM
I left the family part as N/A because of this. Also, my character is an oldie, but as the new hotness. EL, if you noticed in the Humanity: A New Beginning RP I sent you, I had a similar character with a little brother and sister. They were mostly NPC'd because the game didn't take off, but I would like to reserve a family member for her for a colonist role. Maybe the complete opposite of Geri.

Also, my character sheet seems a little skimpy of information.

So, plot-wise, who got to go on the journey? Was there prerequisites before being able to board? Like you have a skill worth duplicating in Andromeda?

Someone has to have a gun! I have two and I come prepared.

Just, don't bring the Kett! Or the Scourge. Omit those and we have a deal. We can have the alien mirror the human race in terms of technological achievements. If we were able to build these massive arks to take us from the Milky Way to the Andromeda Galaxy, these aliens would have been able to do the same and at the very least, populate or make use of an entire solar system.

Take the Sol system for instance. Earth is home base and Mars would have been terraformed and made livable by now. In the asteroid field, companies mine for fresh metals/minerals and in the gas giants, there are refueling stations, enabling us to freely travel from planet to planet without worrying about running out of fuel.

The alien may have the same or similar progress in their home system, given we detect that home system on our first scan.

Going to answer in descending order for this one!

1. Anyone and everyone I feel would be invited to go on the journey! I am sure the selection process was extremely specific but at the same time they would want as wide a range of specialty and people as possible since there is no going back! Colonist, farmers, scientist, mechanics, every specialty would have a representative I feel.

I am sure they would have did everything possible to make sure no riff raff or criminals got on the ark

2. You would definitely have a skill worth duplicating in Andromeda but keep in mind that every skill is going to be needed

3. No Kett or even the Scourge! I would think like you said they would be another alien race who may or may not have gained the ability to travel to other planets! If any one wants to submit an alien idea then by all means let me know and we can go from there! I would love to partner with someone about it instead of just creating one all on my own.

4. There are four planets right now that long range scanning has shown to be habitable. This is however after SIX HUNDRED YEARS have passed though! Six hundred years for a planet to have changed or been through some shit!

Divine Tenacity

Think I will withdraw interest for now. Good luck to you all!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Norsegod1839

Norsegod1839

Haibane

Hi all.

Tentatively interested if it remains an original concept since I have no knowledge of SF games and would feel out of my depth in a game universe.

Its looking so far very military oriented but I'm not a military game player. So I'm curious how much else there will be? If this turns into "another bug hunt" I may not be interested. Can I know more please?

Also - wouldn't the human race send a colony vessel to a system with known habitable planets? Perhaps the background could reflect that - there's 2 or 3 planets in this system we know already have breathable air and liquid water? That would make it more believable that just firing a million-passenger ark into space and hoping.

Sorry for all the questions!

Norsegod1839

I would be more than happy to answer your questions in descending order!

1. Yeah this is all original! The game Eliza and I were talking about inspired it but its not set in that universe

2. It's not military focused the survey teams and rangers are a exploration survey group. While there are people who can shoot and ex military type there goal is to scout the habitable planets.

3. I think in the first post I stated there were three or four planets that seem to be habitable. These are "Earth like" planets that from long range scanning look to be habitable and have an eco system. Of course this is six hundred years later though! So the survey team is responsible for determining which ones are still viable.

So while they did everything possible to make sure there were planets that could sustain life given the amount of time that has passed they might have changed (the planets) so the rangers are the ones responsible for determining their viability.

You can be anyone you want! From a colonist to a scientist to part of the ranger team!

Norsegod1839

There will also tentatively be a alien race! But I want it to be more in the style of Star Trek though where they try and irk out peace and prosperity instead of going to war!

Haibane

Thanks! That helps.

Put me down tentatively as a biologist, a member of the science survey team. If she ends up doing a Sigourney Weaver and toting a machine gun and flamethrower I could maybe go down that route but my character is probably more of a less-than-feisty lady who may need a beefy ranger to snuggle when the going gets tough.

Can anyone suggest a source of images for a female sci-fi biologist/surveyor?

Norsegod1839

I would love a Biologist type! Someone who is there to study the new alien life and vegetation! My Ranger would be quite smitten with her and would do all the machine gun flame throwing toting she needed!

The idea is like I said more on exploring these brand new world and humanity trying to make it in a completely alien setting! So she will be right at home!

Eliza

Wow.

@EL, you said you wanted have everyone pitch in to make an alien species in Andromeda right? Maybe we can take some elements from this one *points to previous post*

Eliza

So YC's race is not native to this Galaxy? Or just one of the native races?

Eliza

Okay, has she met the natives at all? Any insight to them, even just a small tidbit?

(Just saying we can work off a sighting of them rather than start from square one)

Eliza

I meant the native race that's predicted to reside in the new Galaxy. With you being stranded, maybe you've encountered them firsthand? Or just observed from afar?

He did say there were multiple planets that we have to scout and decide if they are viable for the colonist to settle on.

And of course, thanks to randomness and probability, we'll probably not encounter YC until later.

Eliza

Quote from: TerribleTira on January 17, 2018, 03:06:15 AM
worst case scenario, if my inclusion of planet history doesn't jive well with what everyone else wants, I can simply re-write it a bit. no bigee

This is a great quote, remember?

Try not to post after your own posts. If you can, update it with "EDIT: Put here what you forgot to include." It needlessly bumps this thread. I'm not trying to get the mods chasing after EL for violating the bumping policy.

EDIT: Red letters above!

Norsegod1839

I'll probably create the native race myself unless someone else jumps on or joins that is interested in doing that!

Great character sheet to Tira!

Norsegod1839

And yeah just to kind of cover what you both were saying

1. There are four planets that the Andromeda Galaxy looks to be able to host humanity one of them is a "golden eden" world and the other three have various levels of vailability

2. Whichever planet Tira is on will be one of the first we visit so we can get her in and involved

3. Depending on the level of capabilities the alien race has (I think they will be at least able to travel in space) Tira you might not have met them yet

4. Like I posted above I can create the native alien race if need be HOWEVER if someone wants to do that or if you guys want to help me with that just let me know!

Eliza

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on January 17, 2018, 10:08:37 AM
3. Depending on the level of capabilities the alien race has (I think they will be at least able to travel in space) Tira you might not have met them yet

Okay, one race is space-faring. Maybe humanoid in nature? If we want more action, they can be carnivorous or protein-preferred omnivores? More gentle interaction, make them herbivores who abhor violence. Like a Salarian. They are nature-loving like the Navi, but can manufacture starships. World building, peoples?

Of course the first obstacle would be the language barrier. Being this millions of lightyears from home, these races have their own language and either them or us have to learn to communicate (they learn galactic basic or we learn their language(s)).

Quote from: TerribleTira on January 17, 2018, 11:38:22 AM
the "natives" i described in MCs history are a bit more tribal... but that's not to say that there is or isn't another more advanced race somewhere on planet.

So more than one race, but the one Tira encounters on her planet isn't at the top of the food chain, technologically speaking. And they prefer ranged attacks... agoraphobic? What primitive race wouldn't be?

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Eliza on January 17, 2018, 01:57:18 PM
Okay, one race is space-faring. Maybe humanoid in nature? If we want more action, they can be carnivorous or protein-preferred omnivores? More gentle interaction, make them herbivores who abhor violence. Like a Salarian. They are nature-loving like the Navi, but can manufacture starships. World building, peoples?

Of course the first obstacle would be the language barrier. Being this millions of lightyears from home, these races have their own language and either them or us have to learn to communicate (they learn galactic basic or we learn their language(s)).

So more than one race, but the one Tira encounters on her planet isn't at the top of the food chain, technologically speaking. And they prefer ranged attacks... agoraphobic? What primitive race wouldn't be?

I would vote for more of a Salarian type! Space faring nature loving not some one who is going to pick a fight with humans! I want the push to be more for diplomacy or maybe them bonding over a common threat that maybe exists on the planet!

And yeah Language barrier! Is going to be a huge thing!

Eliza

Just found this: (visuals for inspiration purposes)

Salarian Hulk!

Ambidextrous Hanar!

Again, visuals for inspiration. Maybe we can bounce ideas from here.

Norsegod1839

I could see getting a salarian type race or even like the Asari who can potentially be mates to the humans as their biologies allow.

Eliza

How about male Asari?

Maybe in this galaxy, we only see the female Asari while the male counterparts are as elusive as the passing years. But they say they are there. Watching. Unseen monarch?

Norsegod1839

I could see a male race like Asari sure! But not actually being asari since this is all mostly original

Eliza

Then let's be original.

On the safe side, we'll go with a race similar to Humans. So Humanoid physical structure.

Skin tone? Scale tone if you're going reptilian or avian (like the drell and turians respectively)? Depends on the weather and what sun/solar radiation they get?

Would these planets have sufficient magnetic fields to block the lethal radiation from their host stars?

Then take into effect their body structure or how hardy they are. High gravity planets have races acclimatized to comfortably survive with sheer forces pulling them down, therefore, high gravity brings denser physiques. Low-gravity would bring in back Salarians, since they are not as bulky as other races, like the Krogan.

Maybe take the angara in consideration, since they all had presences on all the planets in Andromeda. Just take off any unnecessary characteristics in favor for some originality.

Haibane

That character was a shock. Aren't all the player characters human?

Norsegod1839

We're going to be going to a whole other galaxy so with earth like worlds! So there would be an alien species of some kind.

Haibane

I apologise, I must have misunderstood. I thought the game was about the human colonists as players with any alien flora and fauna being played by the GM. If you go with that game structure you have a specific mode of game which is colonist focussed. If you give players alien roles then that at once puts "screen time" on an equal basis between colonists and aliens and so you switch gears and have an RP that runs in a very different mode with quite different methods and so on.

Also discussion of races by name is making me feel uncomfortable since I just don't play SF games or watch SF TV, so I feel a bit out of my depth already. If you are making an original world then maybe don't make reference to any canon species from TV or games because some players could be clueless about what you're discussing.

I have a feeling I may be in the wrong game.

Norsegod1839

Hmmmmmm you might be? I would love to have you but yeah I am definitely interested in their being a alien species already on one of the planets.

The idea for me is to have diplomacy instead of say the two races waring together. Instead of them meeting and going to war with one another its more about them finding common ground and then going from there. So there will be more than alien flora and Fauna. There will be at least one alien race that is inhabiting one world that our colonist will have to break common ground with and be diplomatic with.

The idea again is for it to be focused on the human colonist as they try to make it in this completely alien solar system. Given that there are at least three habitable worlds in the Andromeda system life would be on one of them. If you're worried about them being a race from a canon or something though they will be entirely original Eliza and I were just talking about concept art of races and what not.

I hope I alluded some of the worry but I will say that I do plan on their being a original alien species on at least one of the planets for our colonist and settlers to have to be diplomatic and work with.

Haibane

I am okay with an alien species, but I got the impression this would be GM controlled with the players all colonists. As my previous post outlined, the two structures generate two very different types of games. With just a colonist player group its possible to indulge much more with the colonists relationships and their activities and their story as they go about the recon of the planet; but bring in alien players and instantly they need to post and the structure no longer becomes one of a human colonist team vs an unknown world but two groups opposite each other.

It changes the shape, style and pacing of the game entirely.

Maybe I'm not being clear. Imagine a GM running a D&D game with 5 players who are all an adventurer party. You get a certain type of game. Now imagine that same GM running a game with 5 adventurer party players and 5 opposing alien players and how completely different the game becomes, because all players deserve equal 'screen' time.

Norsegod1839

We have two ranger characters? Or at least on the ranger survey team? So what do you mean by colonist?

I'll be the one directing the colonist efforts and expansion as the "GM" head of the ranger cop. The initial act will be the ranger survey team going to the most habitual planets and assessing them for viability and if they can sustain a colonist base.

During those assessment and studied they will run into Tira character and the alien species that inhabit this solar system. From there we will move into establishing a colony on the most ideal planets while also dealing with the alien species and the diplomacy part.

Haibane

Colonists = people on the Ark ship.

The Ark is a settlement voyage. Humans looking for a new home. The moment an intelligent species is encountered the rangers would be sidelined completely and very senior colonists, the leaders of the voyage, would be woken from hypersleep to handle the contact because encountering intelligent life forms on a world makes a very different colonisation task than discovering a primitive world devoid of intelligent life.

I think I'll bow out after all, it all seems a bit disjointed and ill thought-out.

Eliza

............. umm.

I think this argument is between the disbelief of other intelligent life existing in a faraway galaxy versus the chance that there could be one.

The compromise: Why not a bit of randomness? We're writers with broad imaginations!

Norsegod1839

The Ranger corp the one dedicated to surveying the planet and determining their viability would be the one to handle first contact scenarios....

Because that is what they are trained for. To determine if the planets can sustain life and deal with whatever is on them. Including a alien species. They would be the first to meet any aliens because they would be the first on the planets.

The colonist leaders would already be unthawed because they have the hard job of getting everything ready for when the rangers give the go ahead to come to the planet. They are the leaders of the voyage sure but in the sense the rangers are as well. Its a council situation every branch is represented and every sector has its say.

I can understand bowing out though and wish you the best of luck!

Norsegod1839

While it's definitely not dead in the water

I feel we need more players at least another male to round out the group!

Worst comes to worst though is that I start us off and play multiple males and we garner interest that way to!

Ideally I'd love to have more players both boys and girls

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Norsegod1839

Norsegod1839

Okay once we get Green Goo Theory guy I think we can safely at least start and get the bones of it going!

We can continue recruitment and stuff and by all means if you think you have some one who would like it let em know!

Norsegod1839

This is not dead by any means just fyi guys!

Once I get Green Goo in I will go ahead and post it in and get our ball rolling!

Eliza

Norsegod1839

Norsegod1839

*starts to assemble the weaponry to take the cat down*

It will rue the day it came into my kingdom

Norsegod1839

We're just waiting for green goo character sheet and then we are starting Tira! Also games take longer to start up on here just via their nature.

I am sorry to see you go but when we get it off the ground you are more than welcome to come back.

RhinSama

Norsegod1839

Whooo! I also decided I am going to go ahead and GM the native alien species so we can focus on the diplomacy aspects! However if you want to be a MEMBER of the race hit me up!

Norsegod1839

Rhin Sama is working on her profile

Then we have Green goo who I am working with!

Eliza after they get em in I am going to go ahead and start!

Norsegod1839

To Everyone expressing interest!

Hey just wanted to let you guys know I have not given up on this one! Rhin is still working on her own character sheet and I am actively recruiting as well!

Jinx

Hi folks, this definitely sounds interesting!

I'd love to play some sort of field scientist (geologist maybe), or a technician of some kind if that would fit with what you're going for.

Norsegod1839

Szandor

Hi there!

I love the idea of this role play! (sort of a big Mass Effect Andromeda fan here)
I was wondering if you guys needed a native character? Or perhaps a new race other than what's in Mass Effect, if you're going with those races as a base. I have an idea for what a possible alien character could look - or maybe even act - like.
Here's a YouTube video of the alien I like the look of.
They don't have to act like that, or be that malicious at all! I was more looking at the aesthetics and all that.

~Szan
Posting Rate: SLOW

Norsegod1839

sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this! I have been really sick the last few days!

I don't want it to be wholly based on Mass Effect the game was used as inspiration but its not set in the same universe.

That being said if you want to be your own alien race thats A okay to me!

Szandor

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on February 23, 2018, 10:49:46 PM
sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this! I have been really sick the last few days!

I don't want it to be wholly based on Mass Effect the game was used as inspiration but its not set in the same universe.

That being said if you want to be your own alien race thats A okay to me!

Absolutely fine, we all get busy!
As for the alien race again; would you rather he be on the ship and known to the colonists or on one of the planets and unknown?
I'm thinking maybe his people arrived while the colonists might have been in hyper-sleep, if you prefer that he's unknown.
Posting Rate: SLOW

Norsegod1839

Hey I am sorry for kind of not managing this or promoting it.

Having been getting into Lost In Space on Netflix I find myself still very interested in doing this one! I am bringing it back and am still looking to start this group!