Pinterest

Started by PennySludt, August 20, 2017, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

WHY has my Pinterest page started rearranging all my boards? I had them all arranged where I wanted them and in what order, and then one day I went in and they were all messed up! I tried to rearrange them back the way they had been, and when I went back, they were all messed up again! I KNOW it's not someone in my system, because it's MY Pinterest, so it has to be Pinterest itself. Is there a way to fix this or change it? Or is it yet another website's "improvements" that sucks!?
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Formless

From what I noticed, boards are now arranged based on the last pin you've added to them.

So if you had 5 boards and you added a pin to board #4, then board #4 will always be on top.

I could be mistaken, but this is what it looks like to me.

The Dark Raven

It's a pinterest thing.  It goes by activity anymore.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

PennySludt

May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Stella

I think you can fix this at least for desktop - but I don't know how. My desktop Pinterest still has all my boards in the order I put them in. Mobile Pinterest arranges them by last update.

PennySludt

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Stella on August 20, 2017, 05:27:57 PM
I think you can fix this at least for desktop - but I don't know how. My desktop Pinterest still has all my boards in the order I put them in. Mobile Pinterest arranges them by last update.

I am not aware of any organization setting on desktop as I do not use mobile.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Stella

Quote from: The Dark Raven on August 20, 2017, 05:36:20 PM
I am not aware of any organization setting on desktop as I do not use mobile.

I just drag and drop, and they've all stayed in the order I put them originally.

PennySludt

Quote from: Stella on August 20, 2017, 05:44:24 PMI just drag and drop, and they've all stayed in the order I put them originally.

That's the method I used but it went right back the next time I opened it.

Sofia Grace

I read somewhere that you have to drag and drop them into the order you want them to be in and then leave that tab open and untouched for like 20 minutes.  Pinterest is supposed to save changes automatically but it definitely doesn't.  I have no idea if this works or not, but I guess it's worth a try?
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

PennySludt

Okay! I'll try that! Thanks :D *crosses fingers*

RedRose

Oh my, one of the many reasons I could never have it work for me lol
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]